Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#14671 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Nah, it just takes longer to update the OP here than to respond to someone on Reddit, which I'm able to do from my phone or Kindle. Most of my reddit posting is done from mobile or before I go to sleep, as with last night.

Thanks for the info and insight! That actually explains a lot - since you probably have your phone and Kindle w/ you at all times, unlike say a laptop or desktop PC!

And thanks for updating the front-page! :D

#14672 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

tony,
i was just wondering if you are willing to say hitman absolution will 100% NOT be an editor's choice yet?
i'm getting impatient
i just find it hard to believe that hitman isn't an editor's choice

#14673 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Sorry if you think stating the obvious is lemming-like. You've been here as long as I have so I'd presume you'd have the sense to know about the possibility of overlapping deals and Amazon's price matching policy. Apparently not.

I fully get what you are saying. I know this is a price match. What I am interested in knowing is if he has talked with Paradox about future promotions in January. Last summer I bought Warlock Master of the Arcane for $12 and then 3 weeks later it was in a huge mega-pack for like $15 with 7-8 other games.

He is always telling everyone else "don't buy 2k games today -- we'll have them much cheaper in the future" so I figured I would get some kind of confirmation on whether or not Paradox would be running any promotions in January.

It is a moot point now. I just bought the thing off Steam. Really, saving $5 or $10 or whatever is not worth fighting with a bunch of teenagers. If Amazon's business model is to cater to gamers without money that only want free stuff (which seems to be who gets their questions answered immediately) then that is a pretty fail business plan.

Ok, I'm out to play War of the Roses with my friends.

#14674 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

What is taking those Hamsters so long? Did Max shoot them by mistake ? :(

It should be matched now.

Uh, I have asked the question three times over a five day period and you quote every post around mine but never mine and did not answer the question until today. It is cool and all.

Y'know, whatever. I spend too much money on Amazon to be apologizing to you guys. You waste time on people like Ideoteque (whatever) who wants free Bioshock who literally sandwiched my posts with his/her whines (of which you quoted all of his/her posts) but someone like me that has spent $500 or so on Amazon DVG over the past two years, I cannot get a "yes/no/maybe" to a simple question: "Will there be a sale on War of the Roses in January?"

Dude, chill. It wasn't a planned sale, it was a price match for Steam, and that deal just went into effect at 10AM PST (just over an hour ago). The question was answered in the post you quoted complaining that the question wasn't answered. The fact that you missed Tony's post even though you quoted it just makes you getting pissy about Tony missing your post all the more ironic.

This thread is a perfect illustration of why I stopped giving away games in this community. A bunch of lemmings.

And the $5 coupon still does not work on the House of York. Oh well, steam it is.

Again, the promo is working on the House of York, do you have a screenshot with it not applying to your checkout?

Posted Image

Also, guys, these conversations are soul sucking. Starting today I'm instituting a "Tony checks and responds to CAG once per day". I'm going to do this for a week and see how it works out.

Responding to stuff until 2-6AM everyday for the past ~2 weeks is starting to wear on me.

To note, again, in this specific situation, the WOTR price match was just that, a price match, there was 0 way I could have told you in your previous posts, whether or not it would occur.

This is my last post for today. See whoever is playing TSW in game.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#14675 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

I did not expect TSW to be 15GB :cry:

Hell, the TSW Beta was like around 30 GB.

#14676 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Total War Grand Master Collection is now 41.24 (75% off) on Steam for those interested.
http://store.steampo....com/sub/18406/

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00AJNWHKE/

Still interested in a "Shogun" only set for 14.99.

#14677 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Time to replay Max Payne 1 & 2 since it's been so damn long and don't remember a thing.

No need IMO. Other than the protagonist sharing the same name (and I suppose back story), Max Payne 3 is it's own story and not in the same realm of 1 and 2. The mood, atmosphere, everything really are all altered. If it wasn't for the inclusion of pills for healing and bullet time, I'd dare say that MP3 isn't even a Max Payne game.

#14678 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

TRANSLATION:
"I really just want to play another 20+ hours of TSW w/ all the CAG'ers here!"
;)

EDIT:
Also, seems like a good way to try to get people to go buy TSW, while it's on sale. ;)
It'd be kinda crazy, if Tony's on playing TSW, adds some of us as Friends on there, and then he gets bombarded w/ Amazon DVG questions while playing. ;)

#14679 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

I did not expect TSW to be 15GB :cry:

wait the secret world is 15gb?
the amazon page says 30gb
i would be way more inclined to get it if its 15gb

#14680 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

It should be matched now.

Again, the promo is working on the House of York, do you have a screenshot with it not applying to your checkout?

Posted Image

Also, guys, these conversations are soul sucking. Starting today I'm instituting a "Tony checks and responds to CAG once per day". I'm going to do this for a week and see how it works out.

Responding to stuff until 2-6AM everyday for the past ~2 weeks is starting to wear on me.

To note, again, in this specific situation, the WOTR price match was just that, a price match, there was 0 way I could have told you in your previous posts, whether or not it would occur.

Cheers,
Tony

What server on TSW?!

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#14681 Nidaba

Nidaba

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

^Ditton on the size of TSW.
TSW is taking sooo long to dl. I already restarted it once to see if that would help, but it is going at like 300-400 KB/s D=

#14682 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Guessing 70% of that is cutscenes. :lol:

Cut-scenes are rendered using the in-game engine, I believe, so they wouldn't take up much space. According to this article it's mostly due to all the textures (which I believe since the Skyrim high-res pack is also like 3-4GB), but also to higher audio quality included (which this game has tons of, not just in the cut scenes but in Max's narration of everything he does):

http://www.geforce.c...w-york-minute#1

#14683 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Cheers,
Tony

... And as with everything good ... some people ruin it for everyone. Awesome...

I wish the community had a democratic vote so we could ban/kick people....

#14684 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Chivalry > War of the Roses, anyway. 0_0

#14685 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

anyone else notice that vessel is on the editor's choice list and $5.09 on steam til january 5th?

price-match maybe?

#14686 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

This thread is a perfect illustration of why I stopped giving away games in this community. A bunch of lemmings.

Can somebody enlighten me on this issue?? I'm confused, should I be a sad panda or a happy panda??

#14687 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Don't blame you, as a lot of this is excruciating for us to read and we don't even have to respond to all the questions. You've been great though throughout the year, thanks Tony have a great new year.

#14688 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Great job avwjase! You ruined things for the rest of us! :roll: :cry: :shame:

Edited by glennfrank, 01 January 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#14689 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Picked up Max Payne 3 and Dark Souls

6 coupons left:

Debating Crazy Action Pack or just Darkness 2
Debating Mass Effect 3 (Deluxe, regular, or not at all)
Debating on the other 2K packs

And then waiting to see if there is anything else for the other coupons

#14690 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

I won't say I'm not disappointed that you won't be here as much as you have been (which is more than I would expect from a rep). But I certainly don't blame you. No one person should have to bare the verbal assault (which apparently some people call asserting themselves) you take on a daily basis.

#14691 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

6 coupons left:

If you need help spending coupons I'd buy dark souls off you :D lol.

Still debating about TSW :/

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#14692 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

But are you going to play with us?

Cheers,
Tony

I look forward to it. =) I'm still 8 hours away for my download to finish. CheersTony, I'll have to remember that. ^_^

Whoa and you just registered right now? I am debating TSW now because of everyone. Maybe fix my itch that I have for mmos.

Highly doubt it now i think 6 years of wow on and off have killed my love for them.

Yep, right before I made that post. I think from their subscription promo page, they might extend it all the way to the 7th, but I wouldn't wait. Good vibes for them not having a hard cutoff yet. In WoW I was pet collector (had a Hyacinth Macaw since mid-Classic WoW), so the Blood Raven made me happy.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#14693 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

So I grabbed May Payne 3 for the discounted price, but being an idiot I grabbed the NON steam version (because I loves me some extra DRM)

Anywhoo, I contacted Amazon customer service and within THREE MINUTES they had sorted me out. The spooky thing was, when I went to buy the steam version of MP3, I had the $5 discount PLUS the $5 discount that was refunded from my NON steam version of MP3.... so it cost me just $4.99.

Amazon customer service are flat out brilliant for sorting out problems quickly!
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#14694 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

People just take a missed post way too personally. I had to ask Tony three or four times to get the Warlock DLC price matched but that's just the way it is when you're posting on multiple forums and responding to hundreds of PMs (and probably e-mail and text, too).

#14695 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

6 coupons left:

RE: ME3, get the deluxe version as it comes with the From Ashes DLC which is valued at $10 on its own. And I personally have NEVER seen Bioware DLC go on ANY kind of sale. (Be known that I am biased as ME is one of, if not my most favorite franchise.)

#14696 Lindor

Lindor

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Still interested in a "Shogun" only set for 14.99.

+1

I would be very interested in a Shogun 2 + DLC & Shogun 2: FotS + DLC bundle.

#14697 frankie007

frankie007

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Finally got both MP3 (great price!) and TSW, this one based on all the great feedback received here.

Btw, I also got "The initiate pack" when registering in www.thesecretworld.com so it is still available!

#14698 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

So, even if there's a price-match we're looking for that pops-up, we'll have to wait until you do your "once a day CAG post?"
And how do we know when you're going to do your "once a day CAG post" is coming?
Will there be a scheduled time?

BTW - I don't like that idea at all of "once a CAG day" post. :(

And BTW - if you respond to this post only, will that constitute your "once a CAG day" post for today? ;)

#14699 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Finally got both MP3 (great price!) and TSW, this one based on all the great feedback received here.

Btw, I also got "The initiate pack" when registering in www.thesecretworld.com so it is still available!

Wait - is it Jan 1st, 2013 yet in the Norwegian area where Funcom is from?

#14700 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

I'm sure he means he'll scan the entire thread since the time of his last post and just make one big reply (excluding the why u no give us free gaems?!?! stuff).