Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#14881 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Question. I have Mass Effect 1 and 2. I haven't played through either. I'm gonna try to sometime this year though. New Years resolution and all.

Should I go ahead and get ME3? Is it worth $5 more for the digital deluxe edition? Or should I wait until I've finished the other two, OR it goes below a certain price?

If you can, play them in order as your saves transfer from 1 to 2 to 3. And yes, the deluxe version is worth the extra $5 for the From Ashes DLC which is valued at $10 on it's own (Bioware pretty much never puts DLC on sale).

#14882 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Question. I have Mass Effect 1 and 2. I haven't played through either. I'm gonna try to sometime this year though. New Years resolution and all.

Should I go ahead and get ME3? Is it worth $5 more for the digital deluxe edition? Or should I wait until I've finished the other two, OR it goes below a certain price?

The Deluxe version is worth it because it comes with $10 DLC (the extra character with his missions normally go for $10), plus a few tiny bonuses here and there (I rather like the casual N7 hoodie). If you haven't finished the other two definitely wait, it'll drop in price.

#14883 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Calm down dude. Some of us have a shit-ton of games, so it helps to collect them all in a centralized location (aka Steam) for convenience. If not for Steam, there would be no way that I'd be able to keep track of all the PC games I have. Quit hatin'

I use a spreadsheet for all of my games. Even easier than Steam, as I can keep track of whatever stats I want to about each game, and make notes about whatever mod(s) are good to use. Etc etc etc.

#14884 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I LOVED the tank from ME1... used to be my favorite part of ME.. (I know, I'm in the minority SO much that they completely removed it). ME2 was REALLY good storywise. ME3 was great (until the final scene, I never saw the redone scene though). As long as you want the TRILOGY, I'd recommend it. From Ashes (which you get with the DDE) is almost necessary though if that's the Prothean mission.

#14885 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

This is CAG you Fuck ing moron. Paying more to get something with no more functionality isn't very CAG like now is it?

Not surprising the veterans (ie people registered here for nearly a decade and understand the point of this site) and the little middle school kiddies who registered this/last year have different opinions.

You calling anyone a middle school kiddie with that tone is textbook irony.

#14886 MKScorpion

MKScorpion

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

I was thinking about getting TSW but as I was ready to check out, the scene shifted to one similar to my avatar and I decided not to (for now). I already have a large backlog and I'm not sure I'll be able to sink so many hours into it for the time being. :)

#14887 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

Already decided. Got copies for my g/f and I. Hope I get the bonus stuff!

Hurry up and register it as well then.

That's the deciding factor potentially. Not when bought, but when registered.

That's how I knew what time it was at their HQ. It notes the exact date/time you registered.

#14888 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

I LOVED the tank from ME1... used to be my favorite part of ME.. (I know, I'm in the minority SO much that they completely removed it).

I wouldn't say I loved the Mako, but it was WAY better than the Hammerhead. I loathe the Hammerhead.

#14889 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

I use a spreadsheet for all of my games. Even easier than Steam, as I can keep track of whatever stats I want to about each game, and make notes about whatever mod(s) are good to use. Etc etc etc.

I tend to agree, though you can simply add links to non-Steam games so it's kinda a moot point.

My middle-ground is I buy Steam only outside of Blizzard games and MMOs. With stuff like Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 not on there, it's obvious that style of game doesn't fit with the cut of profits Steam takes.
Posted Image

#14890 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

it was much cheaper in a bundle before. you are getting ripped off. you feel better now?

http://groupees.com/bm5

Oh man, THANK YOU! I actually bought that bundle but forgot to register X-Blades. You saved me a couple of dollars!

EDIT: Ack, I also have a Garshasp: The Monster Slayer Steam key from BM3... which I also forgot to register. Guess I didn't have to buy it from Amazon last month after all. I really need to dig back and update my PCDD spreadsheet. It's been a few months ;)

#14891 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

I think I used to cheat off of you in physics class.

#14892 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

No part of what you just described is easier than Steam.

You're confusing "easy" and "more versatile".
Posted Image

#14893 rockx4

rockx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

What are supposed to be the extra content for The Secret World?

#14894 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Posted Image

yes TSW works in eyefinity, some UI elements (mini-map, quests) can't be moved though

if anyone wants to add me I'm perfectsil

#14895 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Question was ME3 actually cheaper sometime earlier in Dec sales? I seemed to recall a <$10 price (think i forgot to note the day down and missed out) ??

#14896 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

No part of what you just described is easier than Steam.

You're confusing "easy" and "more versatile".

You don't realize how many games I have, and from how many sources.

It became impossible (or at least time-wasting) to even keep track of what games I already owned, period.

Never mind duplicate keys I acquire from buying packs of games of stuff I already own part of.

So, yes, it was the "easy" (only) way to keep track of what I own. The fact I expanded upon it with further data is irrelevant to why I did it to begin with.

#14897 Lindor

Lindor

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

Just 2013? I think I have enough games to last until 2060. Didn't stop me from buying more though. :-P

Haha. I try to refrain from buying too much during the holiday sale so that I have the opportunity to actually play through the games proper before moving on to new ones. I get my money's worth (I finish 99% of the titles I buy).

By the time I've cleared the backlog, the next sale is around the corner and I snatch up the titles I missed last time around at an even cheaper price! Win win!

Don't get wrong, the itch to buy more is always there :)

#14898 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

I use my spreadsheet just for tracking games, download links (might stop doing this since most sites have a decent account page now or use a client), keys, notes, register date, extra game keys, price, etc. I also use it to note extras or add-ons.

Overall, though, I do like the convenience of Steam's listings (grey or white) but it hasn't stopped me from buying a game that doesn't use it.

#14899 hailey

hailey

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

Was the Bioshock pack free with a $5 promo thing?

#14900 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Was the Bioshock pack free with a $5 promo thing?

For about 10 min, yes.

#14901 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Risen 2 is on sale for $7.50 on GamersGate. Soo tempting... Apologies for forgetting, but was this not going to be a part of the EC, was it?

#14902 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Talking about the bioshock pack, why not lower the price to 7.5$? With Desert to Sea bundle picking up Bioshock Dual Pack at the same price is pointless.

#14903 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Risen 2 is on sale for $7.50 on GamersGate. Soo tempting... Apologies for forgetting, but was this not going to be a part of the EC, was it?

I don't think so, even if it was, Amazon doesn't match GamersGate.

#14904 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

I use my spreadsheet just for tracking games, download links (might stop doing this since most sites have a decent account page now or use a client), keys, notes, register date, extra game keys, price, etc. I also use it to note extras or add-ons.

Overall, though, I do like the convenience of Steam's listings (grey or white) but it hasn't stopped me from buying a game that doesn't use it.

Yes, source of where I bought it so I know where to download it was key to why I started.

Here's an example of current sources:

Amazon
BigFIshGames
Blizzard.com
Bundle in a Box
CD
D2D (Gamefly)
DVD
Gamersgate
GetGames
GOG.com
GreenManGaming
groupees
Humble
IndieGala
IndieRoyale
Mojang
Nzone
Origin
Steam
Uplay

Keep track of that in my head?

Much easier to just make a spreadsheet: Game, who I bought it from.

#14905 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

I don't understand the rush, I thought someone posted that The Secret World December Bonus was extended into Jan. (not trolling, I'm looking for the post now). I will update when I find it.

I sincerely apologize. I mis-interpreted/mis-read this post: http://www.cheapassg...postcount=14779

Edited by walkonshadows, 02 January 2013 - 12:16 AM.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#14906 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

OK. About to start my journey with Origin Live Chat and adding TSW - will post updates as I get them....

Update #1 - Had lengthy back and forth with Origin live chat. Long story short, issue has been "escalated" and I should hear back from them in 5-6 business days.
They tried to tell me it was a FunCom issue, and I advised that they forwarded me to a forum post saying that I should contact Origin and that is where we are now. I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Will post next update Saturday.

Edited by SCMoney360, 02 January 2013 - 12:32 AM.

#14907 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Okay, I'm seriously done with game-buying now until Black Friday 2013! (*cough Not including Grand Theft Auto V and Bioshock Infinite *cough *cough). I might have to get my wife to set up a parental block to block CAG from my weak willpower. It's been fun guys, see ya next year*!

(*week)

#14908 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

What are supposed to be the extra content for The Secret World?

See here.

Buy the game before December the 31st and all the content in Issue #5, which will be released shortly, will also be included and you will receive the Initiate Pack, which includes strong starter weapons, a Blood Raven pet and extra social clothing.

#14909 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

See here.

sadly my account is missing issue #5 :(

#14910 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Nope, just some wishful hoping by myself and others.