Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#15121 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

Was going to end up buying TSW but some kind soul on another forum gifted the game to me. Like wow. Christmas allover again :)..

#15122 rockx4

rockx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

Speaking of TSW, can I get any suggestions on better ways of downloading it? I have a shitty internet connection that tends to go in and out, and apparently when that happens, it completely cancels the download and makes me restart completely. I'm now trying to download TSW for the 4th time but since it is such a big file, I know my net will derp before it is done. Suggestions? =/

Are you downloading through Amazon? I just downloaded the client from the game website after registering the key and let it download from there.

#15123 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

Was going to end up buying TSW but some kind soul on another forum gifted the game to me. Like wow. Christmas allover again :)..

Are you really going to post that every 9 minutes. We're all happy for you, let it go. :D

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#15124 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

Are you really going to post that every 9 minutes. We're all happy for you, let it go. :D

LOL sorry message posting was hanging. But its an awesome surprise :). There really are some nice people out there. Now to download the gobs of GB that makes up the client file off my ISP (unmetered thank god)....

#15125 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

Amazon out of MP3 codes. Knew I should have jumped on it sooner than wait on it. :cry:

#15126 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

Hey, you can always re-gift to someone like me, ya know?

#15127 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

Hotline Miami sure is something. I fired it up an hour ago and was impressed by the presentation touches. Usually the post-modern "retro look" lacks the charm that inspired it, but this game takes things to a new, cool extreme. That music is really cool, too.

What control method do you folks usually use? I'm using my Xbox 360 controller but I think I might use my KB&M moving forward. I'm not a twin stick kind of person (yet?) mainly because I have done little gaming over the last few years using that play style.

It feels like Twin Peaks the game made during the early 90s. It's fun, and unforgiving but I kind of like that.

That being said, I am an old PC gamer but much prefer the 360 controller in most games. But Hotline plays slow with the 360 pad due to how much aiming and locking on you need to do to be accurate.

#15128 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

Every time I buy something I tell myself to stop but can't... want to buy Hotline Miami but I shouldn't...

PM me if you still haven't already purchased it.

#15129 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

Just to confirm, today is the spec ops and the darkness 2 day, isn't it??? Seeing how MP3 ran out I'm waiting, and can wait a little longer but thought maybe I was confused about the day

#15130 Nidaba

Nidaba

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Just to confirm, today is the spec ops and the darkness 2 day, isn't it??? Seeing how MP3 ran out I'm waiting, and can wait a little longer but thought maybe I was confused about the day

Yes, but I believe Tony said it takes ~ 20 minutes for the changes to take affect sometimes

#15131 mcmahamg

mcmahamg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

So, I've got 3 buddy invites to The Secret World, that let you try it out for 24 hours, any takers? All I need is an email.

1. gilby
2. Empty
3. Empty

I'll take one if you still have them

#15132 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

LOL sorry message posting was hanging.

The same thing was happening to me. I've deleted one or two double posts today. Does CAG seem to hang a bit when posting for others, too?

#15133 IronChariot

IronChariot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

I'll just pretend that I'm playing TSW while on Youtube since the Illuminati is mentioned in the comments for practically every video.

#15134 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

Yes, but I believe Tony said it takes ~ 20 minutes for the changes to take affect sometimes

Cool, much gratitude for the reply.

The same thing was happening to me. I've deleted one or two double posts today. Does CAG seem to hang a bit when posting for others, too?

Yup.

#15135 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

We're hosted by the resident cheapass, what do you think!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#15136 chapnis

chapnis

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

I'm getting a hang when posting today, hopefully temporary.

#15137 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

Spec Ops price has flipped, confirmed working for me $2.49 after $5 off EC promotional credit: http://www.amazon.co...iew_asin_detail

EDIT: Looks like Darkness 2 also flipped. Considering Max Payne 3 went out of stock, people might want to jump on these.

#15138 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

It feels like Twin Peaks the game made during the early 90s. It's fun, and unforgiving but I kind of like that.

That being said, I am an old PC gamer but much prefer the 360 controller in most games. But Hotline plays slow with the 360 pad due to how much aiming and locking on you need to do to be accurate.

I was swearing no less than a minute into my first mission but I kept coming back for more pain. I think the quick restarts help.

#15139 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Spec Ops price has flipped, confirmed working for me $2.49 after $5 off EC promotional credit: http://www.amazon.co...iew_asin_detail

Same with the The Darkness 2.
Now I can rest in peace.

#15140 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

So when does the installer for TSW actually stop? It said 15.4 gigs....it's still going at 15.7.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

#15141 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

I'll just pretend that I'm playing TSW while on Youtube since the Illuminati is mentioned in the comments for practically every video.

All of youtube seems to be blaming Katt Williams' dissent into madness on the Illuminati... unless that is what we are calling crack now, I don't get it.
Posted Image

#15142 Draxus

Draxus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

Think Max Payne 3 will come back in stock? If not I'll use my coupon on something else

#15143 IronChariot

IronChariot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

Is there a way on Amazon to check how many promotional credits you have left?

#15144 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

So when does the installer for TSW actually stop? It said 15.4 gigs....it's still going at 15.7.

So, very soon after it hit 15.7 gigs downloaded, it said that "ERROR: Not all resources downloaded correctly, please restart the launcher" which I did. It said a previous install was detected and it was recommended to uninstall that before continueing. I chose NOT TO DELETE, and it is now re-downloading all of the files again....all of them.....all....of....them. Goodnight.

Folder it was installed to says 41.1 gigs. Tried the "Repair Broken Data" button in the launchers options and it did absolutely nothing. 2 minutes of scanning files, just to pop right back to re-downloading everything.

#15145 limelisa6481

limelisa6481

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

Don't know if it was mentioned earlier but looks like the "2K Strategy Super Pack" is also at $9.99 after coupon. Picked that up! Thank you for awesome deal!

Edit: Price fixed, it's back to 19.99 before coupon/14.99 after coupon

Edited by limelisa6481, 02 January 2013 - 09:06 AM.

#15146 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Yeah, it does that. I think those are the updates.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#15147 iamanerd

iamanerd

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Well I'm happy, got Darkness 2 for $2.50 :) Wish amazon would price match steam on the Total War Grandmaster collection as I'd rather buy it from amazon :P

#15148 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

i think tony needs to get an intern

Interns with a stack of prewritten responses. I'm guessing that the overwhelming majority of the questions that pile up in Tony's inbox could (a) be answered by reading the thread, or (2) contacting Amazon CS. Throw in some canned text to say "Sorry, I can't give you Game X", or "I can't discuss the promos we're working on", and you've probably resolved 99% of his PMs.

Throw a second intern onto thread-monitoring duty, with the same prewritten responses. You'd only have to add a few more stock responses: Amazon doesn't price-match international sites, Amazon doesn't price-match flash sales, the Editor's Choice list will evolve throughout January, and so on.

Personally, I'd rather see Tony have more time to browbeat publishers into awesome sales, than deal with people who can't be bothered to do a minimal level of research into answering their own questions.

#15149 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

Don't know if it was mentioned earlier but looks like the "2K Strategy Super Pack" is also at $9.99 after coupon. Picked that up! Thank you for awesome deal!

Nice find. I didn't want that pack that much, but at that price it's hard to pass it up.

bZ2g3eF.png

#15150 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

So is Hotline Miami going to drop more or is $2.50 with the coupon the lowest it is going?