Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#15181 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

I keep seeing the term FOV lately and had never seen it before. What does it stand for?

field of view (the perspective you look at when playing)

#15182 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

yeah, and it's something incredibly important for PC gaming because everyone games on different setups unlike consoles where it's assumed you are using a 16:9 TV and sitting a certain distance from the TV.

An FOV slider should be a required element of any and all 3D games on PC but it seems to slip the minds of many developers.

#15183 lidl

lidl

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Need some opinions:

I have 1 of the 2k coupons. The only 2 games I'm looking at is Spec ops, and nba2k13.

I'm not a basketball fan at all (in fact, not a fan of any sports) and the last basketball game i played was nba jam for snes. But, id get more hours of play from nba2k13 than spec ops.

Spec ops to me looks like a better quality game, in terms of it having a good story line, and action based (but i heard its short).

So....thoughts? :\

[FONT="]The promotional credit must be used by December 31, 2012[/FONT]

this ?
:hd: :360: :psp: :gba: :wii: :dvd: :ps2: :xbox: :gc: :ds: :pc: :ps3:

#15184 meeko2

meeko2

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

Max Payne 3 isnt avaiable anymore, now that i was ready to bite Q_Q

#15185 PCgamerz

PCgamerz

CHE@P or no deal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Does the $5 promo also apply for the max payne 3 season pass?

PCgamerzz.png?font=DroidSans&userbg=1&gl

aAavubI.png    6KZ48wP.png?4       ZyWUSqV.jpg

I hate price differences & region restricted :evil:

#15186 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

As a 2k player since the original Dreamcast NBA 2k, I have to disagree with 2k13 being the best. It has a lot of issues which 2k12 did not have. Honestly, I usually stop playing 2k games when a new one releases but have left 2k12 installed this year as it is better balanced and a better game really. 2k13 needs some major slider adjustments to even come close to 2k12 or even 2k11 (which might be superior to 2k12 as well actually).

I already bought 12 as someone had a link to rosters for 12 that go all the way back to 1987.

Does 13 have this? Just asking if I should go ahead and still buy 13 as well.

#15187 puzurinsusinak

puzurinsusinak

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

I didn't even want Spec Ops: The Line.

But at $2.49, I had no choice in the matter.

Right?

Tony is a pickpocket.

#15188 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

I already bought 12 as someone had a link to rosters for 12 that go all the way back to 1987.

Does 13 have this? Just asking if I should go ahead and still buy 13 as well.

Personally, 2K13's incremental improvements don't justify getting it when you just invested in 2K12. It's essentially a roster update with a few more shinies (and missing a few major ones from the console version). You can play 2K12 with the ultimate rosters for a year and be quite happy; then look at 2K14 next Christmas. :bouncy:

#15189 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Personally, 2K13's incremental improvements don't justify getting it when you just invested in 2K12. It's essentially a roster update with a few more shinies (and missing a few major ones from the console version). You can play 2K12 with the ultimate rosters for a year and be quite happy; then look at 2K14 next Christmas. :bouncy:

2K14 should be a blast: play as the Clippers as they go on an historic win streak (that just snapped last night), or play as the Lakers as they battle for top spot in the draft lottery?

#15190 hailey

hailey

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Plus 2k13 in my opinion leaves out so much from the console version this year it becomes almost unplayable. A lot of the game is tied to Virtual Currency that isn't even on PC, including a lot of historic teams etc. The dunk/3p contest isnt there, blacktop 3v3, it's really hard to level your player in My Career because you're supposed to get more points than you do on PC thanks to the hack job.

it's the least playable nba 2k on PC to date imo. The core game is fine, mods make up for a bit, but even at a reduced price it's getting to the point where Fifa games used to be ancient PS2 versions on PC for no reason.

#15191 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Bought Kingdoms of Amalur Complete for $10. Heck of a deal!

XCOM for $20 is very tempting.

76561197971332172.png

#15192 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Got to figure Max Payne just ran out of keys. Right?

#15193 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Got to figure Max Payne just ran out of keys. Right?

Something doesn't seem right for it just to have run out of keys.

#15194 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Bought Kingdoms of Amalur Complete for $10. Heck of a deal!

XCOM for $20 is very tempting.

I paid full price for Xcom and it was worth it.....
Posted Image

#15195 shoshokid

shoshokid

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

You guys think we'll see Hotline Miami for $5? So it's effectively free with the credits? Last year I grabbed two copies of Duke Nukem Forever and GTA 4 for free with the credits.

#15196 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Is Transformers Fall of Cybertron likely to drop in price anytime soon? ($29.99 Amazon, $24.99 Daily on Steam atm). Seems like newer games have been discounted a lot more but this game stays a bit on the high side :/.

You are from Australia, right ? :D

Transformers FOC in Australian Steam Store is $10 cheaper than all other regions ($50 vs $60) so with 50% off, it is $24.99 for you but $29.99 for everybody else

To those on the fence about KOA, go get it fast! I've been playing it for about 2 hours and is a blast. I really like the combat system. The only annoying thing is the FOV, but I see there is a generic fix that I'll be trying tonight.

I am using Flawless Widescreen for KOA and many other games. It fixes games with bad or no Eyefinity (Multimonitor) support and FOV is the most important thing in multimonitor

Posted Image

Here is an example of different FOV values:

Posted Image

Posted Image

fs_pc.png

#15197 Mavromatis

Mavromatis

Mavromatis Lozay

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Dear Tony,
This is the third Airmech pack Amazon is offering to me. I like promotions and getting free stuff but can't you get a better randomizer? As far as I know I can't give that to someone else either.
Thanks for bringing Awesome to this sale.
Mavromatis Lozay
Posted Image

#15198 Raptor25

Raptor25

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Hmm sounds like I'll pass on 2k13 then. It'd be nice if Steam would put the 2k sports games on a daily, I'd get 2k12 if it were down to $5. Well or Amazon but they've already got this deal going on.

#15199 Kildar

Kildar

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

Dear Tony,

Thank you so much for the Price Match on Max Payne 3. I was able to grab it at a very good price. :)

Do keep up the good work, and know that your efforts are appreciated.

#15200 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Transformers FOC in Australian Steam Store is $10 cheaper than all other regions ($50 vs $60) so with 50% off, it is $24.99 for you but $29.99 for everybody else

I am using Flawless Widescreen for KOA and many other games. It fixes games with bad or no Eyefinity (Multimonitor) support and FOV is the most important thing in multimonitor

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah that software is amazing, it's a must for Spec Ops for example.

#15201 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

I didn't even want Spec Ops: The Line.

But at $2.49, I had no choice in the matter.

Right?

Tony is a pickpocket.

Well you always do have a choice. Do you really want to play the game? :P8-)

#15202 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Yeah. Was hoping it was a tad cheaper, but as someone pointed out, its probably tightass Activision at work :/. :-#

What other games are expected to hit the EC list?. Will they be from pool of games released in 2012?

Edited by smurfinaus, 02 January 2013 - 02:37 PM.
add

#15203 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Yeah that software is amazing, it's a must for Spec Ops for example.

Does it work with dual monitor setups? Not necessarily centering, but expanding out one side.

#15204 juanjava

juanjava

Eye in the sky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks! Will try that at home and report back! KOA is the only game I played (until now) which FOV makes me sick

#15205 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

2K Mega Pack: $24.99 ($19.99 after coupon)

Now down to $24.99, was $29.99.

Not a price mistake as Tony's edited the OP to reflect the change.

#15206 teenwolf

teenwolf

hic sunt leones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

I'm sure this has probably been asked and answered several times before, but I haven't seen anything about it and I was hoping for a clarification of some kind. The Amazon 2012 Editor's Choice Games page specifically says:

Thanks for your purchase from the Amazon Digital Games Store. Below are a selection of games hand-picked by our editorial staff as the hottest titles of 2012. Customers who receive $5 promotional credits during November and December may use their code on any of these games starting January 1, 2013. Simply select one to purchase, click "Buy and Download", enter the promotional code that Amazon emailed to you, and your discount will be applied. Having trouble finding the email? Try searching for "Your Amazon Promotional Credit" in your email inbox.

When I check my email inbox though, I only see emails for Promotional Credit for purchases made on November 19th and later. My earlier November purchases don't seem to have gotten any Promotional Credits, at least emails concerning the credit being applied that is. Were ALL November purchases given Promotional Credits, as the Amazon 2012 Editor's Choice Games page specifically says? I certainly hope my November purchases of the "Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle", "The Harry Batman Bundle", and the "Prototype Pack" have their rightful credits applied to my account, even despite there being no emails! :o

#15207 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

I believe the promo started on or around 11/16/12, not at the beginning of the month.

Edit: The (first) Prototype Pack was supposed to be backfilled to include the promo credit (the second pack included it), but as least on my account, it has not as of yet.

#15208 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

I'm sure this has probably been asked and answered several times before, but I haven't seen anything about it and I was hoping for a clarification of some kind. The Amazon 2012 Editor's Choice Games page specifically says:

When I check my email inbox though, I only see emails for Promotional Credit for purchases made on November 19th and later. My earlier November purchases don't seem to have gotten any Promotional Credits, at least emails concerning the credit being applied that is. Were ALL November purchases given Promotional Credits, as the Amazon 2012 Editor's Choice Games page specifically says? I certainly hope my November purchases of the "Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle", "The Harry Batman Bundle", and the "Prototype Pack" have their rightful credits applied to my account, even despite there being no emails! :o

I *think* Tony just said the other day that the Prototype Pack indeed should have counted, and other Nov purchases as well. I also didn't get an EC coupon for Prototype though.

Tony, should the above and I both send you our Nov order #s if indeed we should have gotten EC coupons for these purchases?

EDIT here's what I found:

TL-DR: Except for the Prototype pack, the credits started on the 16th of NOV.

Weird on the Prototype Packs, I did that one a while ago. I'm out sick today and currently kind of groggy. I'll get at it tomorrow.

Can someone with my email address toss me a note to remind me? If your email client has the ability to make it high importance, do so, I love those little red exclamation points.

#15209 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

2K Mega Pack: $24.99 ($19.99 after coupon)

Now down to $24.99, was $29.99.

Not a price mistake as Tony's edited the OP to reflect the change.

Pretty good deal. Would probably jump on it if I didn't already buy the other packs since I own most of those on that list now.

#15210 bwrobins

bwrobins

CAG Extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Max Payne 3 isnt avaiable anymore, now that i was ready to bite Q_Q

Don't worry, it will "magically" reappear in stock when the Steam pricematch disappears. It may be a day or two later so the illusion looks "real".