Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#15721 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

has anyone played transformers war of cybertron? good? and how long?

You mean War for Cybertron the 1st game, or Fall of Cybertron the 2nd game?

Only the 2nd is on Amazon and I never played it. The 1st is great and it's a good 24 hours of gameplay I think. It spans two whole campaigns of both factions.

#15722 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

Think Call of Duty: Transformer Warfare.

Ohoh, I heard it was good, but I didn't know it was that good!

#15723 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

Next time I will play with your girlfriend while you can jump on the deals. Agreed?

LOL I don't know about that..
On the other hand - we were playing SWToR for about 5 hours straight.

#15724 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

Note that I didn't specify what we'd play.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#15725 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

yea i meant war for cybertron, and it is on amazon and they price matched steam. couldnt get the second still 29.99, but yea games looks awesome for 5 bucks

#15726 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

yea i meant war for cybertron, and it is on amazon and they price matched steam. couldnt get the second still 29.99, but yea games looks awesome for 5 bucks

Honestly, I enjoyed the multiplayer demo a lot. I wasn't kidding when I compared it to CoD, but yeah, I liked it.

I know nothing about the SP though, although I've heard good and bad.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#15727 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

I always had a thing for Twi'leks.

steam_sig.png

#15728 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

has anyone played transformers war of cybertron? good? and how long?

Got it. Havent played it.But its supposed to be good. Fall of Cybertron is supposed to be even better.

#15729 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

Note that I didn't specify what we'd play.

I did note that.. I saw where you were headed there, I just decided to play along. :)
I was counter-joking that maybe looking for deals would have been a better use of my time :)

Don't get me wrong - I like SWToR - she just LOVES it (a little too much). She's got 6 characters going and crafting/auction house selling with ALL of them.
Plus, she wants to do ALL the "Heroic Missions" on every planet. Due to this we are way over-levelled (which then makes her complain the game is too easy).
I have one char (which I play with her) and 2 others that I stopped playing altogether since I don't have anywhere near the patience or time to play as much as her (she is still crafting atm).

#15730 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

Same....was so addicted to WoW I havn't let myself play another MMO

Same. I played WoW on an off for 6 years. I tried GW2 didn't fill the void. But will never go back to WoW it has actually killed off any love I had for MMO which I am glad.

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#15731 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

I did note that.. I saw where you were headed there, I just decided to play along. :)
I was counter-joking that maybe looking for deals would have been a better use of my time :)

Don't get me wrong - I like SWToR - she just LOVES it (a little too much). She's got 6 characters going and crafting/auction house selling with ALL of them.
Plus, she wants to do ALL the "Heroic Missions" on every planet. Due to this we are way over-levelled (which then makes her complain the game is too easy).
I have one char (which I play with her) and 2 others that I stopped playing altogether since I don't have anywhere near the patience or time to play as much as her (she is still crafting atm).

Wanna trade? Mine is a console whore... -_-

bZ2g3eF.png

#15732 Seth Oriath

Seth Oriath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

I wanted to pick up War for Cybertron when I saw it on Steam's sale. But I have that nagging feeling in my gut that the $4.99 will be $2.49 by either the Summer Sale or Winter Sale, and I've got so many games just from Amazon alone that I can afford to wait.

Speaking of, been playing both KoA and Darksiders, absolutely love them. Especially KoA; much more than I thought I would. Kinda reminds me of Rift and WoW play-wise, but without the trolls other players to deal with. And the story, while somewhat generic, kinda has me intrigued.

#15733 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

Same. I played WoW on an off for 6 years. I tried GW2 didn't fill the void. But will never go back to WoW it has actually killed off any love I had for MMO which I am glad.

I didn't want to stop but one day in late September a few years ago I looked at my golf clubs and wondered why I hadn't been golfing all summer and realized it was because of the D@mn game. Made myself quit cold turkey lol.

#15734 Daryl

Daryl

CAB: Cheap Ass Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

When Amazon first put out the EC list and Hotline Miami was on it, I thought it had a great chance to be a "freebie." When it was 4.99 for much of December I thought it was a sure thing. I was a bit disappointed to see Hotline Miami go back up to 7.49 a day or two before the beginning of the year.

Still, I was prepared to spend 2.50 on it - but not until late January. I just don't buy games during a sale until the last day or two. There is always a chance for a daily deal someplace.

Looks like this one was a mistake, but I got lucky and got in before the price went back to 7.49. Glad it worked out for some.

On another note, it is sad to see the thread devolve here. Tony was dealing with a lot of nuisance stuff regarding pricing, and he has earned a break. Still, it seems a few of the rudest show up when Tony isn't around. It is pretty obvious from the past few dozen pages that he is a major factor in keeping this community civil, so hopefully he makes more regular visits after he has a chance to recharge.

#15735 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

A/L? lol just kidding - man, would she kill me if she ever saw these posts lol.

I don't want to go to prison, so I'll end the conversation here. :D

And to anyone who is bummed about missing Hotline Miami for free, it could still legit hit $5 again before the month is done.

bZ2g3eF.png

#15736 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

Still catching up on the insane amount the rage going on for the past 20 or so pages but wanted to drop in and note that the price match to Hotline was (and this should be obvious...) an error. Our automated systems put the match in place, I got a note in my email that sales were going nuts, checked what was up, took the buy box down, fixed the price, and then put it back on sale.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#15737 Taneerian

Taneerian

Roll Dem Bones!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

I was wondering, for anyone who grabbed The Secret World, how you were enjoying it? I've been thinking about getting it but still debating and the hour is nigh!
gallery_237099_8237_20619.png

#15738 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

A question for anyone who's activated Darkness II:

Did you receive the content from the limited edition?
Spoiler

Check Main Menu>Options>Game for the "Crazy Abdul" skin, \Steam\steamapps\common\darkness ii\TheDarknessII-Silvestri.pdf for illustration, etc.

#15739 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

A question for anyone who's activated Darkness II:

Did you receive the content from the limited edition?

Spoiler

Check Main Menu>Options>Game for the "Crazy Abdul" skin, \Steam\steamapps\common\darkness ii\TheDarknessII-Silvestri.pdf for illustration, etc.

No, you don't.

#15740 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

I contacted Origin chat help asking about TSW Origin redeeming, but 2 reps said that is not possible :cry:

1. Right-click the Uplay shortcut on your desktop. Select "Properties."
2. In the "target" text box, after the part in quotes, put without quotes " -upc_uplay_id ##", where ## is the id number of the game. The id numbers can be found on this list.
3. Click Apply, then double-click the shortcut. Uplay will boot into a splash screen for the game, and it should pop up a box prompting you enter the game's key.
4. Enter the key.
5. ???
6. Profit

(Credit to this fine fellow on NeoGAF.)

Thank you very much!

It's basically like this:

OMGIjustpaid$2.49ragerageragedeathtoamazon!

and then some effigies burned, amidst celebration of free games by others.

20 page cliffnotes, done.

I knew about the price error just few minutes ago. I bought the game for $2.49 yesterday and I rarely regret any purchase I make as long as the price seems right

fs_pc.png

#15741 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

Still catching up on the insane amount the rage going on for the past 20 or so pages but wanted to drop in and note that the price match to Hotline was (and this should be obvious...) an error. Our automated systems put the match in place, I got a note in my email that sales were going nuts, checked what was up, took the buy box down, fixed the price, and then put it back on sale.

Cheers,
Tony

And now I have to pay a whole $2.49!? Do you know how many copies of Borderlands 2 that would get me on GamersGate?

#15742 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

Cheers,
Tony

It did seem weird it matched a flash sale and several people did speculate it probably resulted from "tell us about a lower price" matching. The mods don't really say much in this thread, so without your influence it does tend to get worse here.

#15743 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

Cheers,
Tony

@Tony: Just a friendly reminder that there are still a bunch of us who appreciate the time and effort that you put into keeping us informed. :)

#15744 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

It did seem weird it matched a flash sale and several people did speculate it probably resulted from "tell us about a lower price" matching. The mods don't really say much in this thread, so without your influence it does tend to get worse here.

I'm not sure a Mod would have done much good here. My co-worker and I had to spend 5-10 minutes figuring out why the price changed. A mod definitely wouldn't have had any insight into that.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#15745 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Missed Hotline Miami for free, not mad about it because i wasn't thinking about picking up the game on the first place, i think it's gonna be on an Indie Bundle at some point anyway so no problem there. But on a more serious tone this price glitches need to stop, if i buy a game at some price and the it gets price matched and ends up being cheaper i'm not gonna be mad because i tought the game was worth the price i paid on the first place and i knw it could ended up getting PM. But when the game ends up being cheaper because of a glitch then you're gonna have unhappy people, specially if they bought it at a price and 10 minutes after it's on another price or free, and i'm not talking about CAGs only but the whole amount of customers you guys have now due to the amazing sales you are putting.

Anyway so far Spec Ops and Amalur for me, looking forward to the great deals i know you guys are gonna come with the rest of the month.

Tretton.png

#15746 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

@Tony: Just a friendly reminder that there are still a bunch of us who appreciate the time and effort that you put into keeping us informed. :)

Thanks dude.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#15747 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

@Tony: I just noticed that the PC and Mac versions of The Walking Dead were two different prices:

Mac - $18.74
PC - $24.99

Is there a reason for the difference?

#15748 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

I'm not sure a Mod would have done much good here. My co-worker and I had to spend 5-10 minutes figuring out why the price changed. A mod definitely wouldn't have had any insight into that.

Cheers,
Tony

Well I didn't mean mods can help with the insight into a price change, but they can definitely make people stop raging and inciting others. People speculate like crazy when you don't respond (and it always goes to worst-case/worst-faith scenarios).

For most people, putting users on ignore is the best option, but you probably don't have that luxury. But like someone else pointed out, your efforts and communication are appreciated by a lot of us, even if some of us make it not seem that way.

#15749 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

Huh I wonder how Idiotekque has 10 copies of Hotline Miami and for only $7 each...

Too cheap, right? I was thinking the same thing.

bZ2g3eF.png

#15750 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

Cool. Thanks.
Let me know if it has the new developer's console to activate console-commands and all of that crazy stuff that makes it Developer's Cut...or not!

I checked and Amazon's version is not the Developer's Cut version. Tony can you please contact them and get an updated version? Thanks.