Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#16201 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

I did, I was like:

"Listen Plug In, I need some help here. I'm getting crapped all over in this thread on a site I work on and I've got to flush the negative energy. This is the deal we need to stop this thread from completely going down the drain. Help me Plug In Digital, you're my only hope."

I sent the message by small, track driven robot, hopefully he gets my holographic image right.

Cheers,
Tony

:applause:

"For our next show we will reenact the Inigo/Fezzik/Vizzini rhyming scene from The Princess Bride" :lol:

#16202 waabulo

waabulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

Hey Tony and all other CAGs if Tony can float the deal for cheap toilet paper / I mean Toilet Tycoon then we can all have a Happy Crappy Weekend.

#16203 xGreg

xGreg

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

This is the deal that I have been saving my final $5 coupon for!

Keep pulling that market share buddy ol pal!
https://docs.google....zx=ohxgy7j3s42y

Is this graphic accurate?
Source?

#16204 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

I expect Peter Griffin and Michael Moore to both be featured and performing the theme song in Toilet Tycoon.

#16205 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Source?

Lol it's that guy's personal tracker for where he's spending stuff. It is actually pretty cool :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#16206 fore1337

fore1337

You know they probably put the #2 dev team on that game. :o)

#16207 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

@average joe I love LIGHTS.

You, sir, are a man of good taste. I tip my cap to you.

I did, I was like:

"Listen Plug In, I need some help here. I'm getting crapped all over in this thread on a site I work on and I've got to flush the negative energy. This is the deal we need to stop this thread from completely going down the drain. Help me Plug In Digital, you're my only hope."

I sent the message by small, track driven robot, hopefully he gets my holographic image right.

Cheers,
Tony

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16208 fore1337

fore1337

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

Source?

Lol it's that guy's personal tracker for where he's spending stuff. It is actually pretty cool :).

Cheers,
Tony

Google Docs! I've spent $259.65 so you can back out the numbers from there. ;-) In years past it's been 100% Steam, thanks Tony!

#16209 xGreg

xGreg

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Oh, I see. :lol:

I didn't realize that... :oops:

#16210 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

Google Docs! I've spent $259.65 so you can back out the numbers from there. ;-) In years past it's been 100% Steam, thanks Tony!

Curious, would you mind (in PM if you're not comfortable here) listing out what you bought on Steam vs Amazon? I'm curious to know where the gaps lie and you look like a good use case.

If you're not comfortable sharing that's cool too, I'm very interested though.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#16211 fore1337

fore1337

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

Curious, would you mind (in PM if you're not comfortable here) listing out what you bought on Steam vs Amazon? I'm curious to know where the gaps lie and you look like a good use case.

Cheers,
Tony

Sure no problem. I can't PM you because your inbox is full.

edit: if you can PM me a gmail accout for you, I will share the document with ya.

#16212 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

Hey, Tony, is there a chance of Warner Bros games being added to the EC?

#16213 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

lets get gta 4 complete in EC and matching that steam price ;)
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#16214 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

Tony,

Apologies if I missed it but what's going with Max Payne 3? I know its no longer a daily deal but I couldn't purchase from amazon for the last day of the sale. Will it go back up at some point?
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#16215 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

Sure no problem. I can't PM you because your inbox is full.

edit: if you can PM me a gmail accout for you, I will share the document with ya.

Bah just cleared the inbox. PM coming over now.

Hey, Tony, is there a chance of Warner Bros games being added to the EC?

We've hit them up but I'm pretty sure our guy is still out of the office.

BTW the answer to all of these questions for pretty much any notable game we carry is "We've hit them up and are working on promotions".

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#16216 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Cheers,
Tony

You'd probably get a fair amount of volunteers giving data if you formally asked. I wouldn't have many qualms about sharing some of my buying habits. Amazon already knows most of what I buy. Damn you, Prime shipping!

EDIT: Come to think of it, there are bunch of threads where people list out all their purchases here for the year, right? This place is probably a data goldmine if you know where to look.
Posted Image

#16217 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Tony, your breaking you one-a-day rule, just FYI, Don't let them suck you back in!

P.S. You could add a poll to this thread (or maybe start a new Amazon Deal Discussion Thread, and add it there).

Also, I've been refreshing the EC list to see when the new games show up. The count was at 42 games in the list, now at 41, anyone know what got axed?

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#16218 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

Bah just cleared the inbox. PM coming over now.

We've hit them up but I'm pretty sure our guy is still out of the office.

BTW the answer to all of these questions for pretty much any notable game we carry is "We've hit them up and are working on promotions".

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks, I will keep my remaining coupons in case they show up :)

#16219 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

I think my breakdown currently is like 7% gamergate, 15% amazon, 3% gmg, and 75% steam.

#16220 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

This is the deal that I have been saving my final $5 coupon for!

Keep pulling that market share buddy ol pal!
https://docs.google....zx=ohxgy7j3s42y

https://docs.google....zx=h9f09ddtqv1e

https://docs.google....zx=5lm5t3ba074t

I spent the most at Amazon, but got more games+DLC from Steam.

$229.39 spent, 74 games 64 DLC this sale. So far.

#16221 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

My breakdown would be 80%amazon, 15%GMG and 5%steam.

#16222 waabulo

waabulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

xanchui thanks for giving the Slick Deal thread the heads up about the walking dead

#16223 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

Will Guild Wars 2 be on sale anytime soon? (to take advantage of the promotions)
Also if you'd know what kind of discount to look for if/when it happens that would be great.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#16224 rockx4

rockx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

I mainly buy games that register on steam. I would prefer to buy them on amazon since you've been putting up some amazing deals Tony. I just wish there were more available. Bethesda games would have been awesome if there were available on Amazon DD. I've been picking them up either on steam or gmg.

#16225 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Hey Tony, is there any chance that you will eventually be getting the older Tomb Raider games (preferably steam versions) in the PCDD store? I'm not necessarily asking for it to happen this month. But I see that steam has the Tomb Raider collection on sale right now and I find myself hesitant to buy because I know that you have a relationship with Square/Enix.

I wont likely get around to playing any of these over the next six months, so if there is even a glimmer of hope that you'll be getting them in, I'd definitely want to hold off on my purchase.

Sorry to bump my question so soon, but the Tomb Raider games only have 14 hours left. And with your decreased participation in this thread, I'm not sure if I'll have another chance to have you see this before the deal ends, or one of us goes to sleep.

#16226 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

@awestover89,

Yes, but the take away there is that in terms of market share (at least in your case) the profit/share ratio is in amazon's favor. They made damn near twice as much money from you with 1/2 the market share (Share size Vs. Profit). Steam made $85.10 (47.4% market share), Amazon made $92.44 (25.9% market share). Clearly Steam is having to work twice as hard to make the same amount of money as Amazon.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#16227 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

wait so are we basically sure walking dead $12.50 pre-coupon starting sunday?

#16228 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Tony,

Apologies if I missed it but what's going with Max Payne 3? I know its no longer a daily deal but I couldn't purchase from amazon for the last day of the sale. Will it go back up at some point?

It is back up for sale now, as for being promoted at 75% off again, we're working on it but no news yet. FYI we got keys for this at the same time we did the Bioshock games, put them in the system...and then sold out of Bioshock again.

You'd probably get a fair amount of volunteers giving data if you formally asked. I wouldn't have many qualms about sharing some of my buying habits. Amazon already knows most of what I buy. Damn you, Prime shipping!

I'm going to do this formally in 2013, but figured since he already had a spreadsheet I'd look at it and use the information to better frame my question(s) to you guys :).

Tony, your breaking you one-a-day rule, just FYI, Don't let them suck you back in!

The once a day experiment was helpful both for my own sanity and the thread derailment. I think most of the ragers and such vented, saw I didn't plan on responding anymore, and stopped raging.

In the future, I'll just duck out for a day or two if the thread starts spiraling out of control.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#16229 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

P.S. You could add a poll to this thread (or maybe start a new Amazon Deal Discussion Thread, and add it there).

Also, I've been refreshing the EC list to see when the new games show up. The count was at 42 games in the list, now at 41, anyone know what got axed?

Updating this question. Nothing got axed, we pulled something today that was out of keys. The coupons still apply and we'll put it back when we have more keys.

This should have been the case with the bundles too. Looks like it isn't, I'll look at it now.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#16230 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

@awestover89,

Yes, but the take away there is that in terms of market share (at least in your case) the profit/share ratio is in amazon's favor. They made damn near twice as much money from you with 1/2 the market share.

Yeah, Steam was mostly older games or bundles with a lot of games, (Prince of Persia Pack, 5 games, Tomb Raider Franchise 9 games, etc) and Amazon had better deals on the newer/more expensive items. Very few purchases on Steam were > $5, and quite a few on Amazon were around the $10 mark