Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#16831 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

in for a copy of the walking dead!
on a side note has anyone played tera? i've been watching a lot of reviews, but i'm still conflicted on whether or not i should try it. it is only 5 dollars after all...

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#16832 waabulo

waabulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Is there a chat option for costumer service for digital dowloads or just e-mail?

#16833 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Yeah we are, not matching right now though because, at minimum, we'll have that price, and it MAY be added to the EC list (still figuring it out). Remember the last time we sold the franchise pack for $13.19 and then applied a coupon to it? We had 4098324438480928423094823 pages of rage.

Like I said, at minimum, it'll be a DOTW in Jan, I'm giving it a better than 50% chance of making it into EC. Call it like 65% likely.

Cheers,
Tony

Awesome! I missed the first time the franchise pack went on sale with the coupon -- hopefully it gets added to the EC list!

Why isn't the SR 3 on the EC list the full package version, would be great to use the $5 coupon since it probably will be pm the steam sale

I was wondering about this, too. I think that the full package version was on the EC list until yesterday.

#16834 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

FYI I'll be making a new thread soon. This one has gotten HUGE.

Also, for those of you curious about Price Matching, we're looking at stuff right now and will be matching on a case by case basis, reasons for not matching will include:

1. We've run or are currently running a better deal than what is currently being displayed
2. We are working on (even if not finalized) a better deal in January. Again, this is not a guarantee that anything not matched will be cheaper in January, only that I am close enough to feel uncomfortable offering a worse offer only a few days prior. As we've all seen before, sometimes things fall through at the last minute.
3. The Walking Dead will be $12.49 shortly, just put the pricing in place. This is the only PM I'll probably comment on directly since we're moving the sale up by a day due to matching.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony! TWD at $7.49 its fantastic.

#16835 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Is there a chat option for costumer service for digital dowloads or just e-mail?

That's a good question. I'm FAIRLY certain the only option is email and phone.

What's up?

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#16836 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Also, Tony, is there a probability of Dark Souls price dropping more? I am very tempted at 12.99, but, I am a cheap ass gamer, so...

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Wouldn't hold your breath. Barely any place has had Dark Souls under $20, let alone for $13.

#16837 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

That's a good question. I'm FAIRLY certain the only option is email and phone.

What's up?

Cheers,
Tony

This is 100% correct, but the email response is usually very swift. I've not had any problems with them.

#16838 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

I was wondering about this, too. I think that the full package version was on the EC list until yesterday.

Negative, when we created the list we didn't have TFP yet (like it wasn't a product on our site). So we put the non-full package in there. We won't be adding The Full Package unless we have a planned promotion around it, which we do not right now.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#16839 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

5th game bought off of EC list (TWD, which I've been waiting to buy for months). Only 9 coupons left! Also, this thread just never stops, does it? I have no idea what the last ~10 pages were about O.o
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#16840 MisterS42

MisterS42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Yeah we are, not matching right now though because, at minimum, we'll have that price, and it MAY be added to the EC list (still figuring it out). Remember the last time we sold the franchise pack for $13.19 and then applied a coupon to it? We had 4098324438480928423094823 pages of rage.

Like I said, at minimum, it'll be a DOTW in Jan, I'm giving it a better than 50% chance of making it into EC. Call it like 65% likely.

Cheers,
Tony

Looking forward to this potentially happening to Darksiders.

Tony,
I want to add to the others here that are thanking you for your time and dedication to this group and customers in general. You and the Amazon customer service team are stellar and in my experience (and others I've spoken to) have handled situations and issues perfectly. To the point that folks that have had issues with Amazon and contacted your team, have actually left a more loyal customer. We call that a "golden opportunity" where I work and you and your peers handle them flawlessly. I think many other companies should take note and learn from Amazon, as I certainly am.

Anyway TL;DR -

Love what you do and how you do it.

#16841 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

FYI I'll be making a new thread soon. This one has gotten HUGE.

Also, for those of you curious about Price Matching, we're looking at stuff right now and will be matching on a case by case basis, reasons for not matching will include:

1. We've run or are currently running a better deal than what is currently being displayed
2. We are working on (even if not finalized) a better deal in January. Again, this is not a guarantee that anything not matched will be cheaper in January, only that I am close enough to feel uncomfortable offering a worse offer only a few days prior. As we've all seen before, sometimes things fall through at the last minute.
3. The Walking Dead will be $12.49 shortly, just put the pricing in place. This is the only PM I'll probably comment on directly since we're moving the sale up by a day due to matching.

Cheers,
Tony

Can I make a suggestion for NEW Thread?

May I suggest when you create a NEW Thread, YOU reserve up the FIRST THREE POSTS (instead of 2).

Post 1 = Current Deals
Post 2 = Upcoming Deals you feel like sharing w/ us early
Post 3 = Any additional informational stuff (i.e. who & what kind of deals Amazon DVG matches and won't match; EA games activate Origin; etc etc.)

#16842 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

May I suggest when you create a NEW Thread, YOU reserve up the FIRST THREE POSTS (instead of 2).

Post 1 = Current Deals
Post 3 = Any additional informational stuff (i.e. who & what kind of deals Amazon DVG matches and won't match; EA games activate Origin; etc etc.)

Sure, I'll try that format. Given the volume of folks who don't check the OP though...I think Post 3 getting read is a pipe dream lol.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#16843 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Negative, when we created the list we didn't have TFP yet (like it wasn't a product on our site). So we put the non-full package in there. We won't be adding The Full Package unless we have a planned promotion around it, which we do not right now.

Cheers,
Tony

Oh ok -- cool. Thanks for the quick response!

#16844 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Looking forward to this potentially happening to Darksiders.

Tony,
I want to add to the others here that are thanking you for your time and dedication to this group and customers in general. You and the Amazon customer service team are stellar and in my experience (and others I've spoken to) have handled situations and issues perfectly. To the point that folks that have had issues with Amazon and contacted your team, have actually left a more loyal customer. We call that a "golden opportunity" where I work and you and your peers handle them flawlessly. I think many other companies should take note and learn from Amazon, as I certainly am.

Anyway TL;DR -

Love what you do and how you do it.

Thanks man! I'll update as soon as I have everything finalized with THQ.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#16845 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Could you make TWO new threads? One for deals and gametalk, and the other for raging? =)

#16846 waabulo

waabulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

I will accept being the bonehead of the day as I went to amazon in haste to buy the walking dead and ordered too fast as I noticed that I bought the Mac version of the game, not the PC / Steam version that I was wanting to buy. E-mail sent to customer service. Nevertheless, if that is the worst to happen today, it is alright. Thanks for the early price drop Tony.

#16847 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Post 1 = Current Deals

Post 3 = FAQ I dare say it could be post 1 as that is probably at LEAST 25% of the posts in this thread. Doesn't have to be a super long post as to CAG-block the subsequent posts, but it could really reduce the clutter in here.

#16848 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

Sure, I'll try that format. Given the volume of folks who don't check the OP though...I think Post 3 getting read is a pipe dream lol.

Cheers,
Tony

I think if the post title included "Read Post 3 for FAQs" and people referred people to it instead of answering questions, people would actually read it. A wiki area might also be nice.

#16849 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

I will accept being the bonehead of the day as I went to amazon in haste to buy the walking dead and ordered too fast as I noticed that I bought the Mac version of the game, not the PC / Steam version that I was wanting to buy. E-mail sent to customer service. Nevertheless, if that is the worst to happen today, it is alright. Thanks for the early price drop Tony.

It's steamplay, so shouldn't they be the same...?
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#16850 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Could you make TWO new threads? One for deals and gametalk, and the other for raging? =)

I think Cheapy would punch me in the face if I made a virtual trollhut.

It is Steamplay, won't matter, your key will work on your PC.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#16851 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

You don't need to worry, as the Mac version is also Steam and will unlock PC and Mac versions on Steam.

#16852 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

I proposed this idea once and some people in the thread got really upset at that idea. Although I didn't say "raging" I called it "feedback." As it is I have half the users in here on ignore because of that.

#16853 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

I think if the post title included "Read Post 3 for FAQs" and people referred people to it instead of answering questions, people would actually read it. A wiki area might also be nice.

I'll try to build a linked up OP so you can jump down to different posts. I'm not very good with BB code though so I might be hitting one of you jokers up for help.

Also, I wish this weren't the case, but this thread will never have a wiki section as long as I'm operating it. I just can't trust that some rager wouldn't pop in and write a bunch of inflammatory stuff that could be misinterpreted as communication from me as an official representative.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#16854 mnuttster

mnuttster

CAG It Up!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Tony, thank you so much for the X-Com deal...I bought it last night, started playing this morning at 9am and just realized that it was 1 in the afternoon and that my wife had gotten up, ate breakfast, showered, and left the house while I was playing without me noticing.

Damn game is addicting!

#16855 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Maybe, just maybe, if Medal of Honor Warfighter was $20 ($15 after coupon) and Need for Speed Most Wanted: $20 ($15 after coupon) I could buy them both. Knowing this game sales flopped for EA, it could be a good opportunity!

#16856 waabulo

waabulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Tony and espy605, thanks for the good news. I appreciate your help and that I can salvage this issue so easily. You guys are great.

#16857 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Woohoo... bought The Walking Dead and XCOM from Amazon today. You guys came through with killer deals yet again!

This is 100% correct, but the email response is usually very swift. I've not had any problems with them.

Phone support is super-quick and very helpful.

Nobody checks the OP in any thread ever. But if the info is there we can at least link to it instead of having to come up with the same canned responses over and over when repeat questions arise.

76561197971332172.png

#16858 nucleargenocide

nucleargenocide

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Hey Tony any chance to see TSW back at 17.99 on EC?

#16859 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Sure, I'll try that format.

Awesome!

Given the volume of folks who don't check the OP though...I think Post 3 getting read is a pipe dream lol.

Cheers,
Tony

Will Post #3 activate on Steam? ;)

#16860 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Nobody checks the OP in any thread ever. But if the info is there we can at least link to it instead of having to come up with the same canned responses over and over when repeat questions arise.

Yes, also put that "FAQ" on the 4th post as well Tony.