Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#16951 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Wait, do you guys want bigger bundles of games you already own a bunch of but at a higher price point? Or smaller bundles with a lower pricepoint? I can tell you how you're voting, in aggregate, with your dollars :). Until that trend changes we'll continue to focus most heavily on smaller bundles with good content at lower prices.

Cheers,
Tony

Smaller bundles are better! Plus, it makes impulse buying easier!

#16952 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Slips broken record onto player:

"We will continue to add games and titles to the EC list throughout the month of January. I am continually in conversation with our publishers about including and promoting their titles during January. WB (or whatever publisher is asked about) is one of these people I'm talking to. Many people in the retail industry work insane hours prior to and during the holidays. As such, many of us are on vacation in early January."

Cheers,
Tony

Tony,

perhaps consider putting a similar blurb up on the amazon EC page as well. There's probably a bunch of folks who are going to that page outside of this forum and thinking the list is it. Last time I read the heading, I don't think there was anything there indicating the list would be changing throughout the month and encouraging folks to keep coming back. Just a thought.

and thanks for working on the strat first stuff - really looking forward to that. maybe meridian4 could be next? thanks agian.

#16953 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Wait, do you guys want bigger bundles of games you already own a bunch of but at a higher price point? Or smaller bundles with a lower pricepoint? I can tell you how you're voting, in aggregate, with your dollars :). Until that trend changes we'll continue to focus most heavily on smaller bundles with good content at lower prices.

Cheers,
Tony

I can only speak for myself, but I only re-entered PC gaming this past year, so my publisher libraries are far from full. (Though your recent sales have filled in many must/want to have spots.) A plus I see is that if you continue the trend of including multiple keys for each game, you'll wipe the floor with Steam and their pub packs.

Edit: I'd be willing to participate with a higher price point assuming the cost/game efficiency is better. (And separate keys are available.)

#16954 MisterS42

MisterS42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Tony,

perhaps consider putting a similar blurb up on the amazon EC page as well. There's probably a bunch of folks who are going to that page outside of this forum and thinking the list is it. Last time I read the heading, I don't think there was anything there indicating the list would be changing throughout the month and encouraging folks to keep coming back. Just a thought.

and thanks for working on the strat first stuff - really looking forward to that. maybe meridian4 could be next? thanks agian.

I agree

#16955 scrappler

scrappler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Cheers,
Tony

Small bundles...i probably own a little of any proposed bigger bundle. How about a create your own from a publisher...(ex. pick 3 games of 6)
Posted Image

#16956 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

I want smaller bundles w/ more game I don't own at lower-price points.

But, the completionist in me does ESPECIALLY want bundles of Complete Games that include the Base Game + EVERY piece of DLC + ALL SEASON PASSES.

#16957 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Tony,

Unfortunately this isn't the kind of message we'd merchandise on site. Remember, I'm able to communicate much more freely with you guys because I can clarify things for those with questions.

Oftentimes these questions stem from genuine confusion, which is something we definitely don't want to cause, more often, the questions come from those trying to game the system and it's not feasible for us to instruct all of our CS reps how to handle those kinds of conversations.

If someone pops in here and says "TONY I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WOULD BE SELLING WB GAMES IN THE EC LIST YOU OWE ME A $10 CREDIT FOR LYING TO ME" I can respond with "No I said we're talking to them and are working on stuff, specifically, I stated that nothing is locked in."

If we were to put this on the website, these same people will contact our CS, we'd have to rely on communication to our thousands of reps for each of our promotions every time we run them. This isn't feasible.

Cheers,
TOny
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#16958 Mairu

Mairu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Are there any other new deals coming to the editors choice games? Not sure whether I should just use my last coupon on something random to gift or wait.

#16959 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Are there any other new deals coming to the editors choice games? Not sure whether I should just use my last coupon on something random to gift or wait.

...read Tony's sig.

#16960 xxxholic

xxxholic

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Cheers,
Tony

I want Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition
http://store.steampo....com/sub/15190/

#16961 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

I can only speak for myself, but I only re-entered PC gaming this past year, so my publisher libraries are far from full. (Though your recent sales have filled in many must/want to have spots.) A plus I see is that if you continue the trend of including multiple keys for each game, you'll wipe the floor with Steam and their pub packs.

Edit: I'd be willing to participate with a higher price point assuming the cost/game efficiency is better. (And separate keys are available.)

This makes sense, and we do offer larger bundles with semi regularity (2K Mega Pack, a bunch of the Sega packs, etc.) I just don't focus on them as heavily because I can't enough people like you to buy them.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#16962 sandman8288

sandman8288

DealMaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Picked up The Walking Dead with my coupon. I already own it for XBOX, but this game is too good. My game of the year, maybe my favorite game of this gen.

#16963 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Cheers,
Tony

1c bundle, 80 games 20bucks.

Thanks.

:cry:

#16964 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

We had it for like 10 days at $5.99 ending about 7 days ago. This is one we're in conversation about revisiting and won't be matching.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#16965 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

This makes sense, and we do offer larger bundles with semi regularity (2K Mega Pack, a bunch of the Sega packs, etc.) I just don't focus on them as heavily because I can't enough people like you to buy them.

If the price cut on the 2k mega pack had happened a bit earlier I would have jumped on it.

#16966 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

...read Tony's sig.

But, I still wanna know what this XYZ Game is...and how come it's not on any game website! :(
It XYZ Game a puzzle game or something? ;)

#16967 JCrichton

JCrichton

We all saw. Both times.

#16968 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I don't know about these knuckleheads but looking back on my recent purchases, they are mostly smaller bundles (2-3 games, maybe the DLC). I think the only BIG bundle I grabbed was that SQENIX bundle. And let's be fair... ANYONE who loved SE games snatched that badboy up.

As is, I'm pretty much set for January and likely well into February... but there is plenty I'd be willing to throw money at.. :-)

#16969 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Cheers,
Tony

But those smaller bundles with the Bioshock keys are basically just there to dump Bioshock keys.

If the Bioshock keys aren't basically worthless, then why does Amazon keep running out of them? It's because Amazon doesn't want to buy too many of them... and then be stuck themselves with worthless keys.

I'd rather see packs cost a little more, minus worthless keys.

Pack suggestions:

1) $12 - Borderlands GOTY, DNF+DLC, Spec Ops
2) $14 - Spec Ops, Borderlands GOTY, Darkness 2
3) $25 - Borderlands GOTY, Darkness 2, Spec Ops, Mafia 2, Civ 5 GOTY, Civ 4 Complete, Stronghold

#16970 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

But those smaller bundles with the Bioshock keys are basically just there to dump Bioshock keys.

If the Bioshock keys aren't basically worthless, then why does Amazon keep running out of them? It's because Amazon doesn't want to buy too many of them... and then be stuck themselves with worthless keys.

I'd rather see packs cost a little more, minus worthless keys.

Pack suggestions:

1) $12 - Borderlands GOTY, DNF+DLC, Spec Ops
2) $14 - Spec Ops, Borderlands GOTY, Darkness 2
3) $25 - Borderlands GOTY, Darkness 2, Spec Ops, Mafia 2, Civ 5 GOTY, Civ 4 Complete, Stronghold

If I don't give in, I'm possibly waiting for a Borderlands 2: Complete Box (with BL2 + ALL Non-Season Pass DLC + Season Pass DLC Pack). ;)

#16971 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

But, I still wanna know what this XYZ Game is...and how come it's not on any game website! :(

What concerns me more is : "Will XYZ Game Be on the EC List for $XXX.XX" I'd rather it say: "Will XYZ Game Be on the EC List for $0.XX"

#16972 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

I just want a Crusader Kings 2 bundle with all the DLC.. just package it together and that'd be my MUST buy :-)

#16973 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

What concerns me more is : "Will XYZ Game Be on the EC List for $XXX.XX" I'd rather it say: "Will XYZ Game Be on the EC List for $0.XX"

Oooh @ getting a game from anywhere from FREE to 99 cents. ;)

#16974 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

how about a Warlock+Defenders of Arcania + all dlcs for both bundle for $4.99, and have it be on the EC list?

=)

#16975 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

FYI there are several parts of this statement that are 100% untrue:

1. Because, in the digital marketplace, we have no inventory, we don't "buy keys" we get keys and make payment upon sale. There is no unhealthy inventory that needs to be liquidated. So there are no Bioshock keys "to dump".

2. The keys aren't worthless obviously...as evidenced by their continued sale and the massive amount of demand around the Bioshock pack when it was $5 (even before it was briefly free).

3. I'd like to offer this feedback (not to you specifically but to anyone reading this), it should be obvious by now that I'm a big advocate of using customer feedback to impact change in our business. It makes it exceedingly hard for me to make this feedback be taken seriously when anyone can pop into a forum I'm working in and find evidence of people making incorrect statements as if they were fact, the reason for this is that it destroys the credibility of the feedback. Just some food for thought, if you're going to make a statement like this, where you think you understand a situation, it is much more beneficial to the community as a whole if you instead state it as a question.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#16976 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

If I don't give in, I'm possibly waiting for a Borderlands 2: Complete Box (with BL2 + ALL Non-Season Pass DLC + Season Pass DLC Pack). ;)

GamersGate already had that :bouncy:

#16977 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

GamersGate already had that :bouncy:

Ahhh, GG and their pricing-errors. ;)

They need to STOP having them during my sleeping hours and at times when I might be at work...
...and instead pick a better time to have them errors for me!

#16978 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Just so you know Tony... I was out for most of the day but the one-two punches you've been putting out have made me laugh so hard reading through the forum.

I know you promised to only post once a day but your witty retorts to some people....

Priceless. And the fact that I can say ... So Tony says.... and my wife instantly knows I'm talking about "the Amazon guy... who works for Steam?"... LOL ... that was a fun convo.

#16979 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Trying to decide whether to grab Dark Souls before it goes off sale. Not sure if it's my kinda game. What I've seen of it makes me think it's not, but so many people rave about it.... I've got 3 EC tix left, just don't want to waste them.

#16980 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

I prefer smaller bundles. It's less likely I own too much in them, and I find I'm less likely to reject something at a lower price. When the bundles get up to the $25 mark, I start thinking maybe I should buy whatever new AAA game is at that price. (Needless to say, if we're talking about the Strat First or 1C bundles, that doesn't apply.)

You're not 1337 enough for Toilet Tycoon! ^_~ (Personally I can't wait until the inevitable remake as an FPS =p

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.