Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#17281 steventrev

steventrev

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Anyone with an extra $5 EC promo? Looking to pickup Spec Ops. Please PM! Posted Image

Thanks to Motoki for Hotline Miami!

Edited by steventrev, 06 January 2013 - 08:37 PM.

#17282 tjs09

tjs09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Can we get a price match on FM2013? I'd probably buy on impulse at $15.

76561198039756693.png

#17283 gigaislam

gigaislam

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

does any one know if FIFA 13 doesn't need origin so i can sell it after sometime ?

#17284 tjs09

tjs09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Anyone with extra $5 EC promo? Looking to pickup Spec Ops and Hotline Miami. Please PM! Posted Image

They're tied to your account this year, so they're non-transferable

76561198039756693.png

#17285 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

That's the point - you're NOT supposed to make "mistakes." The penalty for dying is enemies respawn in the entire area.

On the flip side - if you die and lose your Old Souls; get kicked back to last Bonfire (checkpoint); hack off more enemies and get their New Souls; make your way back to where you last died and get your Old Souls back; you'll have your Old Souls + New Souls. It'll be MUCH easier to level-up for battles - and you can actually die purposely if you're secrewed (i.e. No Flasks; don't have the item to send you back to last Bonfire) as a strategy just to actually grind more.

I went ahead and bought it already, but I find it interesting that dying can be used as an effective strategy...

#17286 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

You can read it but there is no reason to follow this advice that I've seen in a ton of places. Play the game all the way through to it's conclusion and make up your own opinions about it. I understand many of the complaints leveled at it. It could have been executed a bit better but there are plenty of folks who enjoyed the ending and took the events that were shown much differently than the annoyed masses.

Play. Enjoy. Think. 8-)

I you think about the ending for a moment though,
Spoiler

#17287 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

They're tied to your account this year, so they're non-transferable

I think he wants someone to use their coupons and just send him the key.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#17288 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

The indoctrination theory makes the Mass Effect 3 ending much more interesting. I hope that the last dlc will not only confirm the indoctrination theory but will flush out the ending as well.

While the indoctrination theory is absolutely interesting and wish it were the ending of ME3,
Spoiler

#17289 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']So, The Secret World is on sale again, and I just bought it. I can confirm that you still get the initiate pack. I'm downloading the game now, it's gonna take a while (probably 10-12 hours), but as soon as I can I'll update on Episode 5.[/QUOTE]

Cool, that feeds my speculation back on 1 Jan that they extended it to 7 Jan.

[quote name='Killbomb']The worst part about dying in Dark Souls to me is trudging back through enemies you've already beaten to try to get back to a boss. Usually there's somewhat of a shortcut but it can still be a pain.

Also, if you play the game "blind" (no wiki or guide) it can become very frustrating since you can easily waste souls on useless stats and some key items are very difficult to find on your own. For example, there is no way to know which weapon to level up to use a Boss soul without checking a guide or wasting materials. I do love the game and I'm not saying they should hand us everything on a platter in DS2 but a little more clarification/direction regarding certain game mechanics would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

What you are describing is the death penalty in DS:PtD. The purpose of the death penalty is to disincentivize death. Finding a good balance for this in any game with unlimited lives is tricky. When WoW was new, on of it's notable aspects was it's nicely balanced death penalty, enough that you did everything you could not to die, but not beating you with a stick when you did (as the then-reigning MMO, EQ did).

The blind aspect is a big appeal of the game, and in some ways it is the most versatile too. People who want to play blind can. People who just want to look up a few tips and tricks can. People who want to slavishly follow a walkthrough can. This is also a valid reaction to the nanny-mode games, "Press X to slay the root of all evil". Again, I think it's flexible.

[quote name='Wulfgr']Mass Effect 3 plot overall was full of inconsistencies and lazy writing coupled with lazy level design.
Spoiler

The whole game felt rushed from the beginning. It's definitely the weakest in the series. Even if the ending was satisfying I still wouldn't rate it higher than the previous titles.[/QUOTE]

Please use spoiler tags on specifics! I own the trilogy and am only 9 hours into ME1. I am not alone in not having played it yet.

[quote name='oscargrouch']Hmmm are they still giving away the freebie content for The Secret World? I might bite now that it would be $12.99 again. Really hoping for a deal on Guild Wars 2. Should have bitten at $30 on that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, GW2 was kinda tempting at $30 (just to see what this GW fuss is about). I'm sure someday I'll see another tempting deal on it.

[quote name='MysterD']Now, if only BioWare and EA would release a ME2 Complete Edition (since that was never released) + ME3 Complete Edition (once they're done w/ releasing all the DLC).
Spoiler
[/QUOTE]

This! It rightly pisses me off that they treat us like console peasants.

[quote name='Motoki']I know they extended the sale on game time that was supposed to end December 31 to January 7th. Presumably this applied to the free bonuses and such that were also supposed to end December 31 but I don't know anyone who bought it today that can say for sure.
Spoiler
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! =) This is what I was referring to.

[quote name='lnknprk']I think the closest is the PS3 version of ME2. It has all the DLC except Arrival, which was released after the release of the game on PS3.[/QUOTE]

>.> That could possibly offset a large portion of the PS3 console price.

[quote name='lnknprk']That was great. Oddly enough, a lot of times in an MMO people don't want to go through the hassle of partying up. Whether it's because they are shy, intimidated, I don't know, it just happens more than it should in an MMO, but that way of questing took the awkward partying up easy. Just walk into the area and get to working. The only problem is that later on as you level that starts happening less since.[/QUOTE]

MMOs aren't the same as coop games. Even hardcore MMO raiders want some time to just do things by themselves, because that's what they want to do, or because they don't feel like dealing with people atm.

[quote name='gilby']Well, yeah. When you die in Diablo II you have to make a new character.

(Everyone did play Hardcore, right?)[/QUOTE]

Some people just want to run around and pet the cute little bunnies, so I wouldn't slam them too hard for not wanting to reroll when they die. ^_~

I was more referring to the naked corpse run to retrieve your gear, and the 75% XP penalty if you didn't.

[quote name='shaggyc']Tony, Update looks good, might want to add this time is PST.[/QUOTE]

We should just petition to have PST formally changed to AST (Amazon Standard Time). Not everyone has heard of the Pacific. ^_~

[quote name='Correlli']Ugh. The discussion of TSW is trying to drag a purchase out of me. I stopped WoW years ago, don't really want to get sucked into another MMO. But I would likely get $12 enjoyment out of it.[/QUOTE]

I played and raided WoW for years. I've been in a few MMOs concurrent and since, nothing has the life-sucking grip of wow. But I see that as a good thing. =) Also TSW is now Buy2Play, so no monthly subscription fees (and the mental pressure that brings).

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#17290 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

With all the talk about limited HD space, maybe we should ask Tony about another Black Friday $90 3TB Seagate HD promo?

Be funny to see some hardware in the EC list...

#17291 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

My folder is 36.1 Gb.

damn 40.6 gb free on my hard drive
and i still wanted to install far cry 3

#17292 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

i don't understand why everyone is worried about mass effect dlc
the only good one between both games is lair of the shadow broker (if thats more than $10/ you can't only buy $10 of bioware points then i understand)

i don't really know if new dlc has come out for me3 though
is that omega dlc out yet?
that was like a gigantic crater in the middle of mass effect 3 (never going to omega even though it sounded like a lot was going on there) when i played it

#17293 tjs09

tjs09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

I think he wants someone to use their coupons and just send him the key.

It's a shame I hadn't thought of that! I've been wondering how I was going to get rid of all these extra codes!

76561198039756693.png

#17294 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

It's a shame I hadn't thought of that! I've been wondering how I was going to get rid of all these extra codes!

It's only Jan 6th. The month is young!

#17295 ZiggyGod

ZiggyGod

Aspiring Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Okay I have read most (not all) of this long thread. I still need some clarification on The Secret World. Only thing I know for concrete is that buying it from Amazon does not provide me with a Steam key, which sucks but I can live without.

I am currently playing right now on a 24 hour guest pass, so if I were to buy this from Amazon would I still get Initiate pack and other DLC which was being offered through Steam and TSW website?

And does Steam price match competitors? Because there are some games on here I would love to have on Steam which dont come with Steam keys. :(
Visualize my mind... :whee:
:3ds: Friend Code: 4811-6958-3162 Ziggy
618684.png

#17296 tjs09

tjs09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

While the indoctrination theory is absolutely interesting and wish it were the ending of ME3,

Spoiler

Yeah, Imo the indoctrination theory raises more questions and plot holes than I want to solve.

I'd rather live with the fact that Bioware rushed out a below average ending :)

76561198039756693.png

#17297 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Okay I have read most (not all) of this long thread. I still need some clarification on The Secret World. Only thing I know for concrete is that buying it from Amazon does not provide me with a Steam key, which sucks but I can live without.

I am currently playing right now on a 24 hour guest pass, so if I were to buy this from Amazon would I still get Initiate pack and other DLC which was being offered through Steam and TSW website?

Initiate pack yes but maybe not for much longer. That promotion is probably ending on the 7th in Norway time but I have no idea what time of day, but soonish. If you want it get it today.

The episode 5 most likely you will get too but I am not making any guarantees here since I have not seen anyone who bought it today report back about that yet (you have to download the game first and create a character before you can see if you have it).

Thus far everyone who got the initiate pack got episode 5 for free but again I am making no guarantees here.

And does Steam price match competitors? Because there are some games on here I would love to have on Steam which dont come with Steam keys. :(

They don't price match. If you want something on Steam and can't get a Steam key for it elsewhere you will need to wait for a sale on it there if you want it discounted.

steam_sig.png

#17298 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

i wonder how many people that support the indoctrination theory have sat down and thought about how pissed they would have been if it was actually the ending of mass effect 3 before anyone outside of bioware ever thought of it?

i think it would be about like when neo got to the control room in the matrix 2
(i'm sorry but yes there really was a sequel to the matrix...never forget)

#17299 chaosking121

chaosking121

Hoarder Of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Tony,

I noticed you added your PSN codes to the OP. On the product description for them, it says:
"IMPORTANT NOTICE: To use this code, you need a PlayStation 3 connected to broadband Internet. You also need to accept the PlayStation Network Terms of Service."

If I have a PS Vita, but not a PS3, will I be able to use these codes? Just checking up to make sure!

Thanks for all your hard work :)

#17300 ZiggyGod

ZiggyGod

Aspiring Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Thanks a lot for the information Motoki. Much appreciated. :)
Visualize my mind... :whee:
:3ds: Friend Code: 4811-6958-3162 Ziggy
618684.png

#17301 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Some people just want to run around and pet the cute little bunnies, so I wouldn't slam them too hard for not wanting to reroll when they die. ^_~

I was more referring to the naked corpse run to retrieve your gear, and the 75% XP penalty if you didn't.

Yeah, I knew what you were talking about. I was familiar with the majority that did play that way. I just always approached Diablo II with a mindset derived from years of playing Angband, and never felt right if I wasn't playing Hardcore.

#17302 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

if i buy the secret world on amazon
create an account for it
and tie the key to the account

but do not download/ install it yet,
will i still get the bonuses when i start later?

and also the bonuses are just that cosmetics/ weapons pack and then a $5 dlc right?

#17303 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

if i buy the secret world on amazon
create an account for it
and tie the key to the account

but do not download/ install it yet,
will i still get the bonuses when i start later?

and also the bonuses are just that cosmetics/ weapons pack and then a $5 dlc right?

I believe so to the first question and yes to the second.

It's not that much but still if you can get it for a decent price and get some free stuff on top then why not?

steam_sig.png

#17304 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#17305 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Nice update to the OP Tony! I'm not sure you would would also want to point out the "tell us about a lower price" link on Amazon product pages. Also, you might want to note the time is PST.

Yeah, I knew what you were talking about. I was familiar with the majority that did play that way. I just always approached Diablo II with a mindset derived from years of playing Angband, and never felt right if I wasn't playing Hardcore.

^_^

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#17306 MageVortex

MageVortex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

James 1:22 - But PROVE yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.

Homestarrunner is mah dawg!

#17307 masterkajo

masterkajo

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

EDIT: Also, first post here. Hi you guys. Hi Toni :) Nice to see you again.

#17308 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Nice update to the OP Tony! I'm not sure you would would also want to point out the "tell us about a lower price" link on Amazon product pages. Also, you might want to note the time is PST.

Agreed that should help with a lot of the questions. Or not. But at least it's an easy to read place that people can be referred to. With pictures. I like pictures.

But yeah I think the "tell us about a lower price" might want to be mentioned to avoid some of the "Tony can you price match game X" spam. Also people seem to be confused about the mightnightish PST price flip a lot.

steam_sig.png

#17309 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Spoiler

EDIT: Also, first post here. Hi you guys. Hi Toni :) Nice to see you again.

Spoiler

"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#17310 Honeybaked Ham

Honeybaked Ham

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

All this TSW talk is really tempting me to get it. I played FFXI for years then SWtoR and now Guild Wars 2. I'm kind of burnt out on GW2, and TSW is looking pretty interesting especially since there's no more sub. I've already used my 3 coupons though so I have to decide if it's worth the 18 without even trying it.

76561197970731518.png