Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#17701 tjs09

tjs09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Indeed, I do understand why people would think that. Similarly it seems people keep expecting each week to bring half a dozen or more deals like the big Winter sale did. While I suppose that's possible, my assumption is that Amazon has returned to 'normal' sales mode -- just like every other website. Steam, Gamer's Gate, Green Man Gaming, GameStop, GameFly, etc. have all pretty much shut down their Holiday promotions.

I think we'll always have people who expect Amazon to shock the world on a weekly basis. I suppose it's one of the drawbacks to Amazon DD having a rabid fanbase and great track record.

That said, even Amazon's 'normal' sales mode trumps most of the others (and at the very least they offer price matching).

Agreed 100%

Tony, I'm not quite sure if you're aware or if it will impact you but...

THQ's franchises will be auctioned off 'title by title' on Jan. 22 (update)

That's sad news. I have a bad feeling that EA's going to end up with Saint's Row..

76561198039756693.png

#17702 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

Really hoping for a Far Cry 3 deal, just even a little better than Steam's best price would be nice. Although I feel like even it is doesn't happen I've got a nice back log of deals to play through.

1/22 - $39.99 pre-coupon.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#17703 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

I'm on a phone right now and can't get too into detail, but I feel that last year needs to be seen better, especially with the ea games. No there was no price match for the ea week. You could have bought the two crysis games combined for less than this pack is - why? Yes you had to use two codes, but that's still a notable issue to many who have spares. It's just weird that a lot of what's being offered there for ea is a situation that was better last year. this also includes Alice. No it wasn't complete, but it was half the price too.

#17704 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

fyi
tony,
you should change the title of the thread before people freak out

#17705 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Trying to think of another THQ game I'd actually want but only thing that's coming up are the two original Red Factions (1 and 2) but I doubt you could get those with Steam keys. Maybe Saints Row 2 super cheap... although I've heard it runs poorly on PCs.

#17706 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Not sure yet, I think all the DoW stuff that we carry is Steam keys but I will double check.

Cheers,
Tony

The old ones aren't by default. You'd have to request they get Steam keys for those. The DoW2 games however are Steamworks by default.

#17707 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Amazon has always price matched their (U.S.) competitors.

"always"

To quote Inigo Montoya: that word, I do not think it means what you think it means

#17708 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

Trying to think of another THQ game I'd actually want but only thing that's coming up are the two original Red Factions (1 and 2) but I doubt you could get those with Steam keys. Maybe Saints Row 2 super cheap... although I've heard it runs poorly on PCs.

RF1 and RF2 are both on steam. IIRC RF1 was even in the steam autumn sale (or sometime in fall). I also remember RF1 getting a daily discount on GMG in the last week or two.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#17709 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

The old ones aren't by default. You'd have to request they get Steam keys for those. The DoW2 games however are Steamworks by default.

Sorry yeah, I know this, I meant I'll check to see if we've requested/received Steam keys for the older stuff.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#17710 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

"always"

To quote Inigo Montoya: that word, I do not think it means what you think it means

I thought you were gonna say "you killed my father... prepare to die" but I guess your quote fit better

#17711 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

SR2 runs decent now after they patched it a few years ago. It did not drop below 30 fps on my old gts 250. Stutters a little while driving fast but it was minimal.

#17712 Metroidman

Metroidman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Will your DOW2 pack include all DLC's?

#17713 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

If you could get a last ditch batch of You Don't Know Jack Steam keys from THQ for say... $5, I'd be all over that. :)
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#17714 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Where are you getting so many orphans from?

There are villages full of the little bastards if you know where to look. I've cleaned out a 4 villages so far.

You're going to either run out of SlimJims or orphans. My money is on SlimJims.

I'll be using my last coupon on the Dragon Age Pack. I should really stop looking at the list lest I end up spending it on something else.

I've gotten the art of SlimJim beating down to an art. I reinforce them by connecting two together to increase their durability. I average 3.4 orphans per SlimJim now. I like using the tabasco/spicy ones the most because it adds an extra string to the wound afterwards. Not only are they in pain from the intense beating but now there is a burning sensation that last longer than it normally would.

I keep seeing you talk about wanting Condemned (Criminal Origins, right?), and I keep thinking "Boy, if only he'd been around a few years back when D2D was almost giving that game away for free one day/week."

I want it on Steam, Amazon sells a Steam version. I missed it on the Holiday Sale when it was on sale for $5.09 and have been angry.

It is obvious Tony and Amazon hate Orphans and/or own lots of stock in SlimJims.

#17715 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

FYI Upcoming deals will be posted soon, including pricing on the Alice Complete and Dragon Age Packs ($11.99 and $12.99 respectively pre-coupon, yes they will be added to the EC list).

Cheers,
Tony

Ouch.

See my previous post about thread derailment, also, please stop.

Cheers,
Tony

lol at Tony defending Mooby.

All in all, gonna mirror the sentiment. These deals are unimpressive. But since saying that without explaining oneself in detail is somehow "derailing" the thread, I'll explain it.

(Disclaimer: Mooby, you publicly ignored me--again--so I don't want to see you complaining about this post. :roll: Keep me on your ignore list, old chap.)

So far, the BF/Winter/Publisher coupon sales were better than what we're seeing here. The only noteworthy sales going on are on relatively new games that are hitting relatively good prices. Examples being,

MP3 (Good price.)
TSW (Only a hit because the end of year bonuses somehow got extended.)
TWD (Good price, but with a developer who doesn't care about fixing a widespread save bug, not as appealing.)
NBA2K13 (Not a bad price, but it's a sports game that is getting closer to replacement, and is said to be much worse than past titles.)
DS2 Pack (Great price, but it's THQ, who is in the habit of almost PAYING you to take their stuff. It will be cheaper, soon.)
Dark Souls (Okay price, but it's a horrible port that is only made to be worthwhile on the PC with user mods that could get you banned from GFWL. I'm sorry, but that kills the value.)
Far Cry 3 (Good, but just a hair cheaper than Steam's price.)

So here I'm saying, yes, these are prices that don't simply deserve to be called total garbage. Just hopping on the thread and saying "This is all crap" could be called derailing, sure. Civilly stating one's disappointment in the deals is not, with or with out a wall of text (like this, lol) of reasoning. I don't understand why you'd consider that derailing, Tony, while an equally abrupt and useless "Deals are awesome" is not. Blind praise is just as useless as blind criticism. You're know marketing, I'm sure you don't need to be told this.

Anyways, back on point, this is a month of sales. Naturally some things are going to be worthwhile, like I pointed out above. That said, there are a lot of very weak and useless sales going on. A lot of them came about by annoying ways, too. For example, an American company, GameFly, had Mass Effect 3 DD for $12.99 (I think it was) during the publisher coupon event. You stated that you would not price match that price because it might conflict with a sale in January. Okay, that leads us all to believe that you're going to run the same price or better in January, not a worse price, which is what we're seeing now. That's extremely disappointing. Same thing happened with Syndicate, although it was a sillier situation where it would have been $0.09 after coupon. $5 on Syndicate is nothing new.

Further, I'm thinking that it feels like a bit of a slap in the face to customers when you have a higher price on something an entire year later. From what I'm hearing, the Dragon Age pack was $11.99 last January, while it's $12.99 now. An entire year later, and you're raising the price? That's not very cool. Is it a good price? Yes, but the fact that the price was raised such a long while later pretty much invalidates that, arguably on the principle of that matter.

Putting the crosshairs on the cheap games, there are some good prices. For example, Spec Ops and Darkness 2 for $2.50 each. That's cool, but is still a repeat and/or worse deal than what we saw in December. I grabbed the Crazy Action Pack for $5, and I'd say that that's a much better deal that Darkness 2 alone for $2.50. The Crazy Action Pack is still around, that's cool, but it's still just a repeat sale. Good price, don't get me wrong, but it's backwash, which you (Amazon) are doing more and more often lately. Amazon is quickly becoming the go to place for THQ deals, 2K deals, with a small amount of Ubi and WB thrown in, along with weak EA deals (can't really fault you there though, it's EA). Oh, and Paradox, lol. I'm sure a lot of the negative sentiment on this thread comes from people wanting for new deals, not the same ones over and over again, coming back for a dollar or two cheaper every so often.

From my personal perspective, I'm never going to be all that impressed with newish games like Far Cry 3, Dark Souls, TWD, etc for these prices, since I know it won't take a great deal of waiting to see them cheaper (though probably not so much for TWD), and a lot of them have technical issues that turn me off to them. I come to Amazon for two things that I think you guys typically do very well. I come to Amazon for 1. Bundles for great prices and separate keys, and 2. Older titles for rock bottom prices (although there are exceptions, like preordering BL2, buying TSW, KOA, etc). I'm not necessarily seeing either of these things in January, and that's influencing my criticism here.

I've been waiting for ages on certain things, like the Madden/NHL pack. They're ANCIENT games with zero developer support, and they've been at $4-5 over and over again. When I heard they'd be on the EC list, I was expecting something better than the $4 price tag again. If I was in the market for that THQ bundle (I'm not, since I have most of the games, but it would be a typical buy from me on Amazon), I'd be really disappointed. Why? It was $5 after coupon in December, and now it's $7 after coupon. Saint's Row 3? Considerably more expensive in January (although I know that's mostly because of a December price match). Alice pack? Just not a great price, as the first game has been on sale over and over again, and even at a $2.50 price. Even the "good" cheap game sales are just very uninspiring, like NFS The Run for a whopping $1 cheaper than it's been before. Yes, it is a good price, but beating previous sales by a hair on a very poorly reviewed game isn't going to turn heads.

And just for reference, here are some prices I would have caved in on (AFTER coupon prices):

Mass Effect 3 - $5-$7.50
Mass Effect 3 DD - $10-$12.50
Syndicate - $2.50 or less
Risen 2 - $5-$7.50
EA Classic Sports Pack - $3 or less OR just Madden for $2 (no need for NHL)
Sims 3 Starter Pack - $30 or less (it's a common sentiment for Sims players to see no value in "stuff packs")
XCOM - $15 (maybe, just spitballing numbers)
Mass Effect Trilogy - $15
TWD - $5

And of course I'd probably pick up any free games. *hint hint*

Anyways, I've gone on for way too long. TL;DR, the deals are not impressive and I've stated in depth reasoning behind this criticism. I've got my fireproof suit on, because you've amassed an army of fans and defenders, Tony, which is awesome, but admiration and "keep it ups" don't encourage progress. You know I love you to death man, but this is coming from a cheapass to a businessman. Keep it up, just keep it up a little better. ;)

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#17716 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

I think on PC or console you cannot buy it separately anywhere digitally.

http://marketplace.x...83-2ab35ad7ed73

$10 at the moment for american mcgee's alice on xbox live marketplace. not worth it. if you don't own any of the alice franchise yet, definitely, now is a good time to bite by getting the franchise on the amazon sale with coupon. unfortunately, many of us already has alice maddness returns and just won't double dip to get this franchise version.
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#17717 mtommy79

mtommy79

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

1/22 - $39.99 pre-coupon.

Cheers,
Tony

Great!!

Uplay only?

#17718 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

If you could get a last ditch batch of You Don't Know Jack Steam keys from THQ for say... $5, I'd be all over that. :)

Hell I would too.

I feel like there needs to be a THQ Going Out of Business Everything Must Go (except not really because it's digital) sale somewhere.

#17719 Metroidman

Metroidman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Oh man Tony you put that Dawn of War franchise thing up now and I'll hit buy now :D

#17720 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

DS2 Pack (Great price, but it's THQ, who is in the habit of almost PAYING you to take their stuff. It will be cheaper, soon.)

unless EA buys darksiders 2 on the 22nd

#17721 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

$10 at the moment for american mcgee's alice on xbox live marketplace. not worth it. if you don't own any of the alice franchise yet, definitely, now is a good time to bite by getting the franchise on the amazon sale with coupon. unfortunately, many of us already has alice maddness returns and just won't double dip to get this franchise version.

that xbox version is a dlc for madness returns

#17722 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

"This add-on works with:"

I think it requires the original. The Origin version launches from within Alice Madness Returns, I think. EA treats it as DLC of sorts.

#17723 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Ouch.

lol at Tony defending Mooby.

All in all, gonna mirror the sentiment. These deals are unimpressive. But since saying that without explaining oneself in detail is somehow "derailing" the thread, I'll explain it.

(Disclaimer: Mooby, you publicly ignored me--again--so I don't want to see you complaining about this post. :roll: Keep me on your ignore list, old chap.)

So far, the BF/Winter/Publisher coupon sales were better than what we're seeing here. The only noteworthy sales going on are on relatively new games that are hitting relatively good prices. Examples being,

MP3 (Good price.)
TSW (Only a hit because the end of year bonuses somehow got extended.)
TWD (Good price, but with a developer who doesn't care about fixing a widespread save bug, not as appealing.)
NBA2K13 (Not a bad price, but it's a sports game that is getting closer to replacement, and is said to be much worse than past titles.)
Dark Souls (Okay price, but it's a horrible port that is only made to be worthwhile on the PC with user mods that could get you banned from GFWL. I'm sorry, but that kills the value.)
Far Cry 3 (Good, but just a hair cheaper than Steam's price.)

So here I'm saying, yes, these are prices that don't simply deserve to be called total garbage. Just hopping on the thread and saying "This is all crap" could be called derailing, sure. Civilly stating one's disappointment in the deals is not, with or with a wall of text (like this, lol) of reasoning. I don't understand why you'd consider that derailing, Tony, while an equally abrupt and useless "Deals are awesome" is not. Blind praise is just as useless as blind criticism. You're know marketing, I'm sure you don't need to be told this.

Anyways, back on point, this is a month of sales. Naturally some things are going to be worthwhile, like I pointed out above. That said, there are a lot of very weak and useless sales going on. A lot of them came about by annoying ways, too. For example, an American company, GameFly, had Mass Effect 3 DD for $12.99 (I think it was) during the publisher coupon event. You stated that you would not price match that price because it might conflict with a sale in January. Okay, that leads us all to believe that you're going to run the same price or better in January, not a worse price, which is what we're seeing now. That's extremely disappointing. Same thing happened with Syndicate, although it was a sillier situation where it would have been $0.09 after coupon. $5 on Syndicate is nothing new.

Further, I'm thinking that it feels like a bit of a slap in the face to customers when you have a higher price on something an entire year later. From what I'm hearing, the Dragon Age pack was $11.99 last January, while it's $12.99 now. An entire year later, and you're raising the price? That's not very cool. Is it a good price? Yes, but the fact that the price was raised such a long while later pretty much invalidates that, arguably on the principle of that matter.

Putting the crosshairs on the cheap games, there are some good prices. For example, Spec Ops and Darkness 2 for $2.50 each. That's cool, but is still a repeat and/or worse deal than what we saw in December. I grabbed the Crazy Action Pack for $5, and I'd say that that's a much better deal that Darkness $2 alone for $2.50. The Crazy Action Pack is still around, that's cool, but it's still just a repeat sale. Good price, don't get me wrong, but it's backwash, which you (Amazon) are doing more and more often lately. Amazon is quickly becoming the go to place for THQ deals, 2K deals, with a small amount of Ubi and WB thrown in, along with weak EA deals (can't really fault you there though, it's EA). Oh, and Paradox, lol. I'm sure a lot of the negative sentiment on this thread comes from people wanting for new deals, not the same ones over and over again, coming back for a dollar or two cheaper every so often.

From my personal perspective, I'm never going to be all that impressed with newish games like Far Cry 3, Dark Souls, TWD, etc for these prices, since I know it won't take a great deal of waiting to see them cheaper (though probably not so much for TWD), and a lot of them have technical issues that turn me off to them. I come to Amazon for two things that I think you guys typically do very well. I come to Amazon for 1. Bundles for great prices and separate keys, and 2. Older titles for rock bottom prices (although there are exceptions, like preordering BL2, buying TSW, KOA, etc). I'm not necessarily seeing either of these things in January, and that's influencing my criticism here.

I've been waiting for ages on certain things, like the Madden/NHL pack. They're ANCIENT games with zero developer support, and they've been at $4-5 over and over again. When I heard they'd be on the EC list, I was expecting something better than the $4 price tag again. If I was in the market for that THQ bundle (I'm not, since I have most of the games, but it would be a typical buy from me on Amazon), I'd be really disappointed. Why? It was $5 after coupon in December, and now it's $7 after coupon. Saint's Row 3? Considerably more expensive in January (although I know that's mostly because of a December price match). Alice pack? Just not a great price, as the first game has been on sale over and over again, and even at a $2.50 price. Even the "good" cheap game sales are just very uninspiring, like NFS The Run for a whopping $1 cheaper than it's been before. Yes, it is a good price, but beating previous sales by a hair on a very poorly reviewed game isn't going to turn heads.

And just for reference, here are some prices I would have caved in on (AFTER coupon prices):

Mass Effect 3 - $5-$7.50
Mass Effect 3 DD - $10-$12.50
Syndicate - $2.50 or less
Risen 2 - $5-$7.50
EA Classic Sports Pack - $3 or less OR just Madden for $2 (no need for NHL)
Sims 3 Starter Pack - $30 or less (it's a common sentiment for Sims players to see no value in "stuff packs")
XCOM - $15 (maybe, just spitballing numbers)
Mass Effect Trilogy - $15
TWD - $5

And of course I'd probably pick up any free games. *hint hint*

Anyways, I've gone on for way too long. TL;DR, the deals are not impressive and I've stated in depth reasoning behind this criticism. I've got my fireproof suit on, because you've amassed an army of fans and defenders, Tony, which is awesome, but admiration and "keep it ups" don't encourage progress. You know I love you to death man, but this is coming from a cheapass to a businessman. Keep it up, just keep it up a little better. ;)

See this is feedback I can do something with as opposed to "This is disappointing" in this case "do something with" means:

"Identify that the price points Idiotkque is excited about are well below what data and statistics tell us are the best prices for those games to be at right now based on past sales performance".

That's fine and helps me identify actual misses in analysis vs. just not being at the right price point for you personally.

Also, I wasn't defending Mooby lol and have asked everyone, multiple times, to stop calling each other names. I've been discussing a solution with a mod and he's going to drop in to comment as well.

That being said, even under the new rules this kind of feedback is still exactly what I'm hoping to encourage rather than flamebait (which you have to admit you often post as well lol).

Lastly,

I agree, that negative feedback vs. a deluge of positive feedback absolutely leads to better ideas as a whole. We just need to stop all the shouting back and forth.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#17724 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Did people complaining about the sale and say its the same+$5 even watch the winter sale?
in the EC sale so far:

Dark Souls was cheaper
TSW was cheaper
BF3 Premium Service was cheaper
Hotline Miami was cheaper
ME3 was cheaper
XCOM was cheaper
Darkness 2 was cheaper
Darksiders 2 pack will be cheaper
Walking Dead is cheaper
Many packs are/were cheaper

etc etc. People must be crazy. I bought enough games for about 10 coupons and have used about 4 of them on things that weren't on sale or things that are now priced cheaper

#17725 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

See this is feedback I can do something with as opposed to "This is disappointing" in this case "do something with" means:

"Identify that the price points Idiotkque is excited about are well below what data and statistics tell us are the best prices for those games to be at right now based on past sales performance".

That's fine and helps me identify actual misses in analysis vs. just not being at the right price point for you personally.

Also, I wasn't defending Mooby lol and have asked everyone, multiple times, to stop calling each other names. I've been discussing a solution with a mod and he's going to drop in to comment as well.

That being said, even under the new rules this kind of feedback is still exactly what I'm hoping to encourage rather than flamebait (which you have to admit you often post as well lol).

Lastly,

I agree, that negative feedback vs. a deluge of positive feedback absolutely leads to better ideas as a whole. We just need to stop all the shouting back and forth.

Cheers,
Tony

Glad we're on the same page.

And sometimes this thread is just a bit too chilly (and not silly enough) for my tastes. ;)

EDIT: Although, while I understand my "standards" being lower than what sales work for you in some cases, there's no excuse for stuff like the Dragon Age pack for a higher price than you last had it an entire year ago. The "Idiotekque's price point" is too low clause doesn't work there, and the same goes for more than one sale price happening here. There's a reason that I'm just one of many people on this thread who are civilly explaining why these prices are less than amazing. Keep that in mind.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#17726 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

"always"

Blah-di-blah, excluding flash and community votes. They invariably price match dailies, midweek, and weekend deals from Steam and other U.S. outlets.

#17727 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

unless EA buys darksiders 2 on the 22nd

Oh shut up, don't joke about evil stuff, it would be the end of the franchise.

#17728 Lunk

Lunk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Hmm, that THQ news may prompt me to pick up the Amazon deal. I was planning on refraining from buying anything for more than a couple bucks until I'd worked through some of the stuff I've got waiting to be played, but the prospect of Darksiders getting picked up by a less discount-friendly publisher might change that.

The only other thing that might change that? The addition of some of those recent Paradox bundles that I kept just barely deciding to pass on to the EC list. Hint, hint. ;)

#17729 zinger_ma

zinger_ma

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Been following the thread all day and haven't seen any mention of a reprisal of the Dark Souls deal. Any chance of a repeat at $17.99 or cheaper? Thanks a bunch!

Also, thanks for the heads up on Far Cry, currently my most wanted title.

#17730 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Nice @ EA Sports pack.
So in for that.

We really need to get some modern-day NHL and Madden games from EA on the PC - that'd be great. :D

Agreed. $3.99 for a version of Madden on PC I can mod isn't too shabby at all.