Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#18271 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

tera is going f2p??? game looks awesome, is there a date when it will go f2p?

#18272 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

tera is going f2p??? game looks awesome, is there a date when it will go f2p?

February is all they've said.

#18273 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

Where have all the sales gone :(

#18274 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

apparently calling a zombie apocalypse game depressing is a spoiler.

That's not the point. The point is that this is a Deals thread and where the discussion was eventually headed. Go post in the Walking Dead thread if you want to discuss the game. Discuss deals here.

Repeat offenders will be dealt with.

#18275 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

Just finished TWD too. Just never expected the ending like that. So depressing.
Yes. I doubt it will be lower than that and for $8.19, you get Darksiders, and Darksiders 2 with all the dlc. Sounds like a bargain.

TWD is a great game. Can't wait to finish it myself and I expect nothing but a depressing ending from it. Great deal at $7.49 after the coupon. Even at $12.49 before coupon. I paid much more for it and am happy.

I need to get to Darksiders too, couldn't pass up on $8.19 for the entire pack. Is finishing 1 crucial to playing 2?

Awaiting Moderator Approval

#18276 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

That's not the point. The point is that this is a Deals thread and where the discussion was eventually headed. Go post in the Walking Dead thread if you want to discuss the game. Discuss deals here.

LOL.....

**Fine print: May only be funny to those who have seen the lost pages

#18277 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

Ok guys, which $9.99 2K pack should I get? I'm leaning toward the shooter pack, (Bioshocks, DNF Complete, Borderlands GOTY). That one seems to be the best value. Any other strong recommendation before the 2K deals expire?

#18278 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

Ok guys, which $9.99 2K pack should I get? I'm leaning toward the shooter pack, (Bioshocks, DNF Complete, Borderlands GOTY). That one seems to be the best value. Any other strong recommendation before the 2K deals expire?

If you haven't played any of them? BL GOTY and Bioshock 1 and 2 are definitely the way to go for $5 IMO. DNF complete is just another game to try, but even if you hate it, you will still get your moneys worth out of it.

I wouldn't say it is crucial but the ending of the first is probably my favorite part of the series so far.

Thanks, sounds like I will try to get through DS1 first then :)

#18279 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

If you haven't played any of them? BL GOTY and Bioshock 1 and 2 are definitely the way to go for $5 IMO. DNF complete is just another game to try, but even if you hate it, you will still get your moneys worth out of it.

Thanks, yea I played and enjoyed the first Bioshock.

The Darkness II and Spec Ops: The Line don't interest me as much, unless someone has a strong recommendation for those. But the shooter pack does seem to have the most mileage. Bioshock 2 and Borderlands are probably the two games I desire most out of the packs. I guess it's a no-brainer but always good to check with the CAG community first!

Plus I don't have nearly as many coupons as some of you. Have to be more frugal/diligent! It does look like we have a good idea of upcoming deals, and I'm not as interested in those games.

#18280 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

In my mind it really depends on what you play games for. If you want too just go for action and pulling the trigger, that may be the best ppack for you. DNF is generally considered a weak game at best so in my mind the decision really comes down to Spec Ops vs Borderlands as you can get both of those in equal packs with the Bioshocks.

Spec Ops: Entertaining and solid though generic 3rd person shooter mechanics with a story that is interesting and engaging. If you are a narrative focused gamer (like me) the Desert 2 Sea bundle is the way to go. The Bioshocks are very narrative based as well.

Borderlands: This is all about pulling the trigger and then digging through boxes for the most part. If you like an MMO like grind for gear and levels and enjoy good shooter mechanics with minimal focus on the narrative, I'd go this route. Personally, the 1st Borderlands bored me to tears and this is coming from someone who enjoyed the 2nd. The game is VASTLY improved, in my mind, by a little saved-game modding so that cash isn't a problem. This allows you to just play the game for what it is good for (shooting things) without the high peaks and valleys associated with its usual pacing (action oriented shooting fest followed by 5 mins of opening every container in the area, rinse and repeat).

#18281 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

^ Thanks a lot for that informative post. :)

I am more interested in story-driven games and generally am not too interested in shooters, but games like Bioshock can pull me in. Ultimately, though, I am interested in possibly trying DNF or Borderlands. I figure Spec Ops will be cheap again down the road, so I probably will go for the most bang for the buck right now. 2K Shooter Pack it is!

#18282 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

damn shouldve bought tera when it was on sale

#18283 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

damn shouldve bought tera when it was on sale

The consideration is really whether the founders awards will have pay store equivalents and what their cost will be on the store. I never cared about it, so don't know what they are, but I'm guessing they aren't much.

#18284 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

^ Thanks a lot for that informative post. :)

I am more interested in story-driven games and generally am not too interested in shooters, but games like Bioshock can pull me in. Ultimately, though, I am interested in possibly trying DNF or Borderlands. I figure Spec Ops will be cheap again down the road, so I probably will go for the most bang for the buck right now. 2K Shooter Pack it is!

I'll say this... the Borderlands story isn't terribly compelling - it's not supposed to be. The writing, however, tends to be very good. Some of the characters are terrific and there's a good bit of humor, especially in the DLC. The ending to the main game will not make sense until you get to the end of the DLC (play Claptrap last).

76561197971332172.png

#18285 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

Spec Ops is way more of a story driven game, but I would never call Borderlands similar to a MMO at all, not to mention I never once had to grind in it.

That said, you can easily get 100 hours out of Borderlands and all the DLC, which is VERY fun played with friends, it's an awesome multiplayer game. Spec Ops? 10 hours, tops. Still Spec Ops is a great game, but the multiplayer is useless.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#18286 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

Spec-Ops multiplayer is useless since nobody seems to be playing it, but I tried it today and wish people did. They made it pretty fun. I wish I could ma the level on my online character, but I doubt I'll ever find that many matches.

#18287 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

I have Tera Online bought from Amazon if anybody is interested. After I bought it I realized it will not work outside of the US no matter what ! :cry:

fs_pc.png

#18288 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Where have all the sales gone :(

yea, only a few things on sale now, need more sales in EC
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#18289 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

yea, only a few things on sale now, need more sales in EC

Yeah, I'm getting a little nervous :) Even though I 90% probably won't get it, the only thing I'm considering for the next confirmed batch is the Darksiders bundle and that is pretty much because of the paranoia going around with the franchise getting sold.

#18290 Kildar

Kildar

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Hey Tony, maybe we could see a one day deal for Prototype Franchise pack.

Hoping it does come back :)

#18291 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Yeah, I'm getting a little nervous :) Even though I 90% probably won't get it, the only thing I'm considering for the next confirmed batch is the Darksiders bundle and that is pretty much because of the paranoia going around with the franchise getting sold.

Im going to Jump on the Darksiders Franchise this time.What IF someone like Activition bought it. :cry: That will be the end of Darksiders sale. Anyway 8$ is worth for the Darksiders 2 & the DLC :D

#18292 TheHeretic

TheHeretic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Hi Tony,

Is there any chance this could be price matched?

Command & Conquer™ The Ultimate Collection - $16.99 (66% off) - offered by GameStop

I would instantly buy it from Amazon!

#18293 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Hi Tony,

Command & Conquerâ„¢ The Ultimate Collection - $16.99 (66% off) - offered by GameStop

Nice price!

76561197971332172.png

#18294 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

Oh yeah, more moderator action.

Tony,

The more up-to-date the OP is the better. Then I don't even have to bother reading thru the thread and wondering what is going on, only to realize half the posts have been deleted.

#18295 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Some of the bundles are showing up as costing more than 100 bucks. I think Amazon's computers are trying for a hostile takeover. Gonna need more than a five dollar credit to bit on those! :P

#18296 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Hey Tony, pricematch on this?

http://www.impulsedr...s/ESD-IMP-W3864 Lego LOTR

http://www.impulsedr...s/ESD-IMP-W3933 Scribblenauts Unlimited

#18297 mink-e

mink-e

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Hi Tony,

Command & Conquerâ„¢ The Ultimate Collection - $16.99 (66% off) - offered by GameStop

Submitted the lower price through the website. Hopefully it drops! With EC coupon I'd probably soil myself a little bit during the purchase process.

#18298 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Oh yeah, more moderator action.

Tony,

The more up-to-date the OP is the better. Then I don't even have to bother reading thru the thread and wondering what is going on, only to realize half the posts have been deleted.

Yeah the EA bundle is still missing. (Bulletstorm, Mirrors Edge, etc).

#18299 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Can someone plz help me.
Plz tell me how to receive a Amazon credit Gift Card from someone ??

#18300 wankerjr

wankerjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Can someone plz help me.
Plz tell me how to receive a Amazon credit Gift Card from someone ??

Not sure what you are asking for but these are the only options I know:

Amazon gift cards can be sent by email or they can send you the code by some other means but if you're talking about Amazon credit received from a purchase, that is credited to the purchaser's account almost immediately so I don't think there's anyway someone can send it to you.
Now if it's an Amazon gift card offered by another site, it's typically a code as well.

Edited by wankerjr, 10 January 2013 - 02:01 PM.
Clarification