Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#2881 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

Does anybody know if Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition is a limited edition? That is to say, will I still be able to pick it up a year from now?

#2882 JTHuffy

JTHuffy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

I bought the bundle with Burnout Paradise and NFS: Hot Pursuit, but the codes don't work on Steam? Am I missing something or do I need to contact Amazon?

#2883 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:16 AM

Nope, they're Origin codes I believe.

#2884 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

I bought the bundle with Burnout Paradise and NFS: Hot Pursuit, but the codes don't work on Steam? Am I missing something or do I need to contact Amazon?

EA games use ORIGIN, not Steam.
They've been trying to push ORIGIN (formerly EADM) down our throats for YEARS.

Most recent EA games (since BF3) require ORIGIN and are NOT even available for sale via Steam - especially since DA2 and Crysis 2 (original vanilla edition) got kicked off Steam b/c they were having DLC not being sold via Steam.
You'll have those few rare instances, such as when a EA Partners member (i.e. Crytek, the now gone 38 Studios) has some leverage in how a game can be digitally delivered & might sell a Steam Version ONLY through Steam directly.
Hence how Crysis 2 wound back up Steam w/ all DLC in Crysis 2: Maximum, yet DA2 DLC is still not on Steam b/c it still has DLC sold only via BioWare Store or Origin.

EDIT:
Some of the more recent keys of EA games that you could purchase directly through Steam, those might activate up on Origin, BTW.
I actually have DAO: Ultimate and Burnout Paradise from Steam - and those keys activated up NO PROBLEM via Origin.

#2885 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:38 AM

Interested in Bioshock 1 and 2. Amazon reviews say there's alot of problems and it has Securom + Steam + Windows Live. Anyone on CAG have any experience with it recently??

I got it with the Deep Sea bundle last month, I've been playing BioShock 1 and had no problems, some resolution issues but I attribute it to the port and me messing around with setting. Its fine if you just run it, I've been using a 360 controller as well and its been smooth. But no issues concerning Steam.

There's no Windows Live/Securom with BioShock 1 I believe but BioShock 2 has GFWL/SCRM, but I haven't run into any issues concerning the aforementioned measures.

Also I still have a Hitman: Absolution $5 off pre-order code if anyone wants it. PM

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#2886 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

I got it with the Deep Sea bundle last month, I've been playing BioShock 1 and had no problems, some resolution issues but I attribute it to the port and me messing around with setting. Its fine if you just run it, I've been using a 360 controller as well and its been smooth. But no issues concerning Steam.

There's no Windows Live/Securom with BioShock 1 I believe but BioShock 2 has GFWL/SCRM, but I haven't run into any issues concerning the aforementioned measures.

Also I still have a Hitman: Absolution $5 off pre-order code if anyone wants it. PM

For Bioshock 1, you are referring to the Steam version right?

#2887 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

I was forced to buy Bioshock 1 2 because it was so cheap. Thanks.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#2888 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

For Bioshock 1, you are referring to the Steam version right?

Yeah

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#2889 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

Is Dark Souls from Amazon going to be a GFWL or Steam version? Or both?

#2890 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Is Dark Souls from Amazon going to be a GFWL or Steam version? Or both?

BOTH.

In short - in the USA, this game requires BOTH Steam & G4WL.

Now, the details...

Dark Souls: PTD Ed PC requires Steam (for some reason) in ALL of the USA versions.
That part is listed on Amazon DVG's page.

Additional Info: Steam account required for game activation and installation

This game REQUIRES G4WL, as well - especially for the Multiplayer.
That's listed on the Steam page.

Additional: Online play requires software installation of and log-in to Games For Windows - LIVE, Microsoft Xbox 360® Controller for Windows® (or equivalent) is strongly recommended.

#2891 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

kind of want to double dip on DS as I got rid of my 360... but I heard the port isn't any good.... damn idk

Hand__Of__God.png

#2892 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

kind of want to double dip on DS as I got rid of my 360... but I heard the port isn't any good.... damn idk

Once you get the internal render mod the game is fine and looks great then. The was the only real issue with the port. Some had issues with the 30fps lock but there is a mod that removes that as well but im not 100% sure if they worked all the bugs out it yet or not though.

#2893 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

Once you get the internal render mod the game is fine and looks great then. The was the only real issue with the port. Some had issues with the 30fps lock but there is a mod that removes that as well but im not 100% sure if they worked all the bugs out it yet or not though.

The port is not perfect, but playing on pc Dark Sous PtD is fantastic!
Here is the official blog for the mod:
http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/

It adds SMAA/FXAA antialiasing, SSAO, blur mod, dof mod, anisotropic filtering mod, texture replacement, more stuff that I can remember AND 60fps with the following bugs:

In other news, I believe that all the possible issues with the FPS unlock are now known, and there is a way to deal with most of them as of version 1.8:

Sliding down ladders can make you fall through the ground. Workaround: don’t slide down ladders with unlocked FPS.
Jumping/rolling distance is slightly reduced at 60 FPS. Workaround: in case you need to do one of the 2 or 3 jumps in the game that need maximum distance, use the new toggle key to toggle a 30 FPS limit for the jump, then toggle back to 60 after it.
Slope interactions are slightly different at 60 FPS compared to 30, which may make you “stuck” at small obstructions from time to time. Workaround: rolling if there is space, walking back and forth a bit if there is not. Toggling the 30 FPS lock for a second in the worst case.

Enjoy the damn game, its really good!

#2894 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know, on 10/30, we'll have Hitman Absolution for $39.99, so for those of you who have the $5 credit from the Square Bundle, you can get it for $34.99.

For those of you who already pre-ordered, you'll get a $5 credit.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#2895 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know, on 10/30, we'll have Hitman Absolution for $39.99, so for those of you who have the $5 credit from the Square Bundle, you can get it for $34.99.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony, that is really awesome. I have it pre-ordered from Amazon and can't wait to play it. Will the $5 credit apply to the order or will it be a separate deal?

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#2896 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Hey guys,

Cheers,
Tony

this seems to be an excellent time to repost my question.

Does anybody know if Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition is a limited edition? That is to say, will I still be able to pick it up a year from now?

In light of this announcement, I'll ask another question as well. Will there be any kind of discount on the Professional Edition?

#2897 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

hey Tony, is the Doctor Who bundle still coming this week?

T9rTk6Q.gif

#2898 Daf

Daf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

Thanks Tony, that is really awesome. I have it pre-ordered from Amazon and can't wait to play it. Will the $5 credit apply to the order or will it be a separate deal?

I've also pre ordered and I think it's just a $5 promo credit as in on a separate gift card not off the pre order itself.
I.Z.Z.O
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2899 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Tony, how long is your GAF ban? D: Wow

#2900 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

how are you folks making a backup of your amazon games?

I was reading this article about a person whose amazon account was closed and apparently lost all her books. That got me thinking a little about making a backup of my games since by now even with Tony's crazy prices, it would cost me a bit to buy back my backlog.

I do have a copy of the codes and at least for the steam/amazon games, I figure I'm covered by both services. But for many of the recent games, they're too big to fit on a DVD and I don't like the idea of buying a new hard drive.

Anyone using any good free cloud services that allow a large file upload?

Probably being a bit paranoid but IF the person mentioned in the article is actually right, then it's a bit scary.

#2901 LiquidMetal14

LiquidMetal14

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Look at you, acting like the gaming media. All investigative and all :applause:

#2902 catabarez

catabarez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

It's weird seeing you with this avatar Wario.
Posted Image

#2903 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Look at you, acting like the gaming media. All investigative and all :applause:

Lol forever:

"You have been banned for the following reason: Hi. Your PR agenda has taken an inappropriate turn and you're no longer welcome as a poster. Thanks. Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

Totally my bad, I didn't read the rules about OTs. Even if I had though, I read the spirit of them as: "We don't want people pretending to be normal gamers but actually affiliated with the games posting how awesome their games are in our forums".

I was trying to get a feel for whether or not people were interested in getting more robust screenshots, videos, developer diaries/Q&As while making/maintaining OTs, not trying to push an agenda. I was also being 100% transparent about everything, as always, which I thought was the point.

I'd have loved to actually talk to a mod as well but that's not possible now as I can't access anything on the site.

More time to spend with CAG!

EDIT: Sorry for asking you to direct questions here, don't do that, apparently it is bannable.

Cheers,
Tony

Edited by Amazon DVG Deals, 25 October 2012 - 10:39 PM.

Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#2904 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

Hilarious. Their loss.

#2905 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

I'll be the n00b to claim ignorance. What's an "OT"?

I saw the thread where you got banned but no one ever explained the term.

#2906 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Aw, Tony =(

#2907 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Welcome to the club. I was officially banned for linking to the NeoGaf IRC room.
It's a site run by a single tremendous asshole. If you look back 2-3 years on old threads, a MAJORITY of the users posting are banned. Period.

#2908 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

I think it stands for "Official Thread". Basically a run down of the game with reviews, screenshots, system specs, etc.

They're pretty cool, really informative, and generate a ton of discussion.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#2909 LiquidMetal14

LiquidMetal14

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

I saw the thread where you got banned but no one ever explained the term.

It's the sanctioned thread for a particular game. The "Official Thread". Not official in an endorsed way. Sorry to hear you go Tony. Don't sweat it though but if you read what I posted in the Amazon deals thread on GAF, it seems unlike you to make a thread like that. The timing was not right. Especially if you read that journalism scandal thread with a lot of heat there today.

#2910 catabarez

catabarez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

Lots of GAF members in here today :P
Posted Image