60% Off Select EA PC Downloads - CAG Exclusive

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 Whinterfell

Whinterfell

Games are Coming.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:24 AM

hmm... Kingdoms of Amalur. Tempting. Wonder how it is on PC.

Save for a few clipping issues with weapons and clothing/armor and the fact that enemies reappearing in an area even if you have finished everything in said area it is actually pretty good. Nice graphics, good story, and interesting weapons and magic system. If not for some stupid governor I think it would have been a much bigger hit then it was.

#32 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:45 AM

I've got The Sims 3 - are any of the expansions worth picking up at the sale current sale prices?

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#33 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:45 AM

hmm... Kingdoms of Amalur. Tempting. Wonder how it is on PC.

It looks a lot better on PC and has full Xbox 360 controller support.

#34 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:00 AM

Looks super good, I wanted burnout but i heard its partly locked? Any input?

It is partly locked, you can't access any of the dlc, though as far as I know the dlc is mainly cars. Still burnout paradise is a fantastic game by itself. Though I don't know it is worth 8 dollars. It has been 4 on both steam and amazon (origin key) in the recent past. I got it from amazon and almost double dipped this past summer sale just to have it on steam, but I realized that would have just been a waste of 4 dollars. But the fact that I thought about it should give you an idea of how good the game is.

It is an open world driving game where you can either do missions to get better cars or just drive around the city finding jumps and crashing your car. There is also an online aspect on origin where, when you start at the beginning of a street, it will tell you the best time of the day from other players on that street and you can try to beat it if you choose. These are fun when you just want to drive around fast but the challenges (especially point challenges) are quite fun because they force you to find the huge jumps in the city and they also unlock faster/stronger cars. Sooo, after writing that, I really want to play it and would almost say its worth the 8 bucks. But keep in mind it has been 4 in the past and probably will be again.

#35 JoeX111

JoeX111

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:04 AM

Bought Battlefield 2142 hours ago, still can't get it to show up in my Origin library to download. Thanks EA!

#36 StickyWaffles

StickyWaffles

Us Kids Know!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:01 AM

Very cool that EA did this, definitely makes me want to buy even more, so smart marketing. I'm definitely interested in Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars, Fifa 12 and Battlefield 3. All are a little higher than instant buy territory for me, but I'll likely grab one of them.

If Burnout, Need for Speed HP, and a couple Sims 3 expansions were half of their current price, I would grab them in a heartbeat, but all those are still way too much for such old games.

Edited by StickyWaffles, 25 September 2012 - 08:15 AM.

#37 crimsonassassin

crimsonassassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

Amalur is good on the PC and plays well. I got it for $10 at Best Buy and it was definitely worth it.

The Dragon Age bundle on GameStop does activate on Origin. You have to use the GameStop app to see the codes though.

#38 jokoloko

jokoloko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

Hmm might finally bite on Mass Effect 3.

I've been seeing it go for 16$.

#39 marukuzey

marukuzey

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:48 AM

Hmm might finally bite on Mass Effect 3.

I've been seeing it go for 16$.

ME3 for 16$? Are you sure about this?

#40 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:00 AM

Yeah, GameStop's DA Bundle for DA:O Ultimate + DA2 is an amazing deal at $10.
DA:O itself is a masterpiece - and getting Awakening (which is pretty good) + all the DLC is a hell of a deal.

DA2 is still good even despite is numerous issues, but it's nowhere even close to being on DAO's level of greatness.
Not many RPG's are on DAO's level of greatness.

I wish DA2 DLC was included. Would have gone great with gamestops deal. And a lot of us would have bit since it has probably never been on sale. Might get C&C 4. Haven't played an over the top RTS with horrible acting in a while. Fond memories.

Edited by 6er, 25 September 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#41 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

Thanks but no thanks. Still not going to use Origin.

#42 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

Everyone who says that Mass Effect 3 is a good price at $16 should check out this eBay item, which is selling the download codes for $10:

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2649

I picked one up myself, but I haven't used it because I forgot that ME3 has a DDE, which I'd rather hold out for.

#43 JLobb2

JLobb2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

Meh. They had a 1 day sale for BF3 a few days ago for $10 and I missed it cause I'm waiting for a Premium deal. $16 now for a bargain bin game is no deal to me. Think about it. Pay $16 for base game and then $50 for Premium expansion. Thats $6 more than if you just walk into a B&M and buy Premium edition.

60% off games that should already be 75% off is no deal to me.

#44 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

Picked up Ultimate Shortcut Bundle for BF3...don't feel like unlocking everything again for PC that I've already done for 360 =) but I feel high shame for buying it.

#45 Pudding

Pudding

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

Great deal, CheapyD - thank you!

#46 MattJ1991

MattJ1991

Cheap Ass Matthew

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:12 AM

Thanks Cheapy! I picked up Dead Space 2 and Crysis

Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 igame

igame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:59 AM

Wow, a CAG only deal, but the cheapness in me only allows for 80% deals.
igame

#48 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

Can anyone recommend their favorite Sims 3 expansions? I'm looking at possibly picking up "Ambitions", "Generations" and "Pets"!

#49 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

Picked up Ultimate Shortcut Bundle for BF3...don't feel like unlocking everything again for PC that I've already done for 360 =) but I feel high shame for buying it.

EA senses your shame. The Corporate Person Known as EA also senses your wallet opening...

#50 masshuum

masshuum

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

Can anyone recommend their favorite Sims 3 expansions? I'm looking at possibly picking up "Ambitions", "Generations" and "Pets"!

World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Late night and Pets are all decent depending on what you're looking for. Though,all of them but World Adventures should have been in the base game, and that is why I hate EA. Making a dumb base game ON PURPOSE just to sell features later. Like they couldn't be bothered to include some of the expansion stuff from Sims 2 in the base game.

I only think World Adventures is truly worth it since it's the only one that felt like a legitimate expansion and not a SHAMEFUL rip off. Unfortunately, every girl (yeah, whatever, it's true in my world. I'm not saying it's a rule. Guys fall for it too) I know falls for this expansion crap because Sims is one of the few games they play religiously so they don't mind which just gives EA more reason for crap like this.

Admittedly, Ambitions and Generations probably add most to the game, but I just find them so distasteful I can't bring myself to support them or buy them. (Only played briefly on girlfriend's PC)

#51 Nicholonio

Nicholonio

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

If I bought one of these games, do they come with Steam codes?

I'm looking to buy one of the Spore games...

#52 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

If I bought one of these games, do they come with Steam codes?

I'm looking to buy one of the Spore games...

No. EA games don't activate on Steam for the most part (unless you're talking about an EA partners published retail boxed game).

76561197971332172.png

#53 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

Grr, I was hoping for a $20 deal on The Secret World... oh well.

#54 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Late night and Pets are all decent depending on what you're looking for. Though,all of them but World Adventures should have been in the base game, and that is why I hate EA. Making a dumb base game ON PURPOSE just to sell features later. Like they couldn't be bothered to include some of the expansion stuff from Sims 2 in the base game.

I only think World Adventures is truly worth it since it's the only one that felt like a legitimate expansion and not a SHAMEFUL rip off. Unfortunately, every girl (yeah, whatever, it's true in my world. I'm not saying it's a rule. Guys fall for it too) I know falls for this expansion crap because Sims is one of the few games they play religiously so they don't mind which just gives EA more reason for crap like this.

Admittedly, Ambitions and Generations probably add most to the game, but I just find them so distasteful I can't bring myself to support them or buy them. (Only played briefly on girlfriend's PC)

Thanks for your input. I'll keep that in mind. I may pick up those three I originally posted about. I've read into World Adventures and although it seems like a different approach (likely why you feel it's a legitimate expansion pack), I think I'll stick with what adds to the core of the game the most. I do agree though... a lot of this stuff could have been released as digital download packs at a fraction of the cost. I'll never understand why expansion packs are sold as stand-alone software...

Haven't they realized the success of offering DLC on Xbox and PS3? I guess more money is to be made with physical expansion packs...

#55 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

Grr, I was hoping for a $20 deal on The Secret World... oh well.

It's $24.99 now if you haven't seen the deal!