(DEAD) Best Buy Upgrade and Save returning 10/7 - 10/20

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

#451 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

Was gonna pass on this but grabbed a few things at the last minute.

X-Men
X-2
X-Men 3; Last Stand
Rampart
Fight Club

Rampart and Fight Club were last second decisions. Wish I had seen The Dictator in store, haven't watched it yet.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#452 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:24 AM

Got in my car at 9:30 tonight to head to Best Buy and pick up Prometheus with the $5 manufacturer's coupon, but halfway there I realized I left the coupon at home. So much for that.

#453 gojiboy

gojiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:27 AM

Last haul this time out. Prometheus and The Great Mouse Detective for $14.99. Also picked up my order of the 3 Kevin Smith movies for $4.99. Very pleased with this promotion again. Until the next round!

#454 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

So quick question...is there anything extra in the Alien Anthology that's worth picking up instead of each movie individually?

#455 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

So quick question...is there anything extra in the Alien Anthology that's worth picking up instead of each movie individually?

If I recall correctly the individual releases have absolutely no extras, so if you care about making of type stuff (and the anthology has a huge amount of extras), then I would avoid the individual releases.

#456 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

Yep, great extras on the Anthology. And the packaging for the US version is pretty nice. Book style case like the Star Wars boxed set, with good art etc.

Only reason not to buy it (especially now that it's $30 and under with coupons) is if you never watch extras and/or only want the first two movies.

#457 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Rampart and Fight Club were last second decisions. Wish I had seen The Dictator in store, haven't watched it yet.

i like woody harrelson, but i rented rampart from redbox and didn't really like the movie.

#458 irighti

irighti

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

I had a good couple of weeks, found almost everything I was looking for. was thrilled to find stake land.
Posted Image

#459 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

hopefully you'll enjoy stake land, I rented it on netflix awhile ago and was underwhelmed.

Guardian_owl.png

#460 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

Would've bought stake land had I been able to find it. That movie seems very uncommon to find anywhere.

I rented it off iTunes couple weeks after it came out and loved it.

#461 irighti

irighti

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

hopefully you'll enjoy stake land, I rented it on netflix awhile ago and was underwhelmed.

I saw it before and was floored at how good it was. cool take on the genre. just my opinion.

#462 macgruuber

macgruuber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

Got
Workaholics ($8)
I Spit on Your Grave Double Feature ($5)
Iron Man 2 ($10)
Spoiler

Everything Must Go ($5)

Disappointed in not getting the Dictator, having struck out at 3 stores.
Spoiler

darknite13.png

#463 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

Ughh my Best Buy sucks! They have hardly any Blu Ray movies left and they restock like every month, they even started combining the dvds with the blu rays wtf.

#464 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

I think every BB has (or is) doing that reorganization. Movies are now in sections by genre and dvds and Blurays are mixed together.

Pain in the ass. I'll probably start just ordering online with in-store pick up the rare times BB has a better price than Amazon and let them dig around and find them instead of wasting my own time. Other than for new releases since those are always easy to find.

#465 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Heh, I actually caught Stake Land about 20 or 30 minutes in (from the scene where they encounter the nun) on one of the movie channels over the weekend, I think it was the Encore Horror movie channel. I have to say, it was entertaining enough, a bit cheesy and cliched, but still good enough to watch. Mister reminded me of Mickey Rourke.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#466 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

On Saturday a BB customer service person promised me the three best buy exclusive bond blurays on Tuesday for $5 a piece. I did an instore pickup on Saturday, drove to best buy, they said I could cancel it and apply the upgrade and save coupons, and then they realized they weren't supposed to be released until 10-23-12.

Anyway, it worked out fine today. The BB employee remembered me and did a manual override. I handed her the three U&S coupons I had and promised to give a perfect survey on my receipt.

So I guess I can add 3 more to my list:
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
You only live twice
The spy who loved me

I'm at 31 blurays for this U&S. (not counting regular pickups like the Kevin Smith 3 pack, Hallween 3 pack, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Creepshow, Halloween 4, Hallween 5, The frighteners. I guess it's like around 40 movies all together. Damn I have a lot of shiz to watch.

#467 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:42 AM

kinda missed this, wanted to get prometheus and moonrise kingdom but I never ever pay BB prices for movies
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#468 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

kinda missed this, wanted to get prometheus and moonrise kingdom but I never ever pay BB prices for movies

Dammit, I forgot to try to apply the Prometheus manufacturer's coupon to my previous order. Is it too late now that the upgrade and save is over?

Also, now I finally know what you guys have been complaining about.

I bought the Nightmare Before Christmas 3D today along with Coraline 3D. My least favorite Best Buy finally did that dumb reorganization thing mixing the DVDs with Blurays and organizing by genre. I thought Nightmare Before Christmas 3D would be on the Halloween display with the standard bluray. Nope. Then I thought it would be in the 3D section. I looked all around and the 3D section is gone. Then I thought it might be in the "family" section. Nope.

"Could it be in the comedy or horror section? That doesn't make sense." Oh wait there's a Disney section. There it is. I didn't find Coraline 3D anywhere. Of course it's on the other end of the store near the front door. It's on a random bluray display that's in no particular order whatsoever. Hooray for wasting some fucking time. I was there until about 9:20pm after the store closed. I'm doing the customer survey just to bitch about this shit in the final comment box.

Coraline didn't have a slipcover though. Did it originally come with a slipcover?

Are there a lot of people walking into Best Buy saying "I'm in the mood for a *drama* tonight, but I have no idea what to buy. I know, I'll look in the drama section. It's a good thing that I love buying both blurays and DVDs because now I can browse both simultaneously. I bought my blu-ray player so that I can buy more DVDs."

I spent less time writing this dumb poorly worded rant than I spent in Best Buy today.;)

#469 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

^ haha, I feel you man. My Best Buy did the same thing and quite honesty, it is a bit fucking confusing. Like I bought Inception the other day and they have it in the Action AND Drama sections. And when I looked for Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, it was in Action when I clearly found that movie to be a Drama.

I think it's almost based on whatever the stocker thinks it is.

Again, another occasion where I feel like I could work run-arounds some of these Best Buy employees if I ever got hired there...
Posted Image

#470 mrhappi79

mrhappi79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

Coraline didn't have a slipcover though. though. Did it originally come with a slipcover?

I bought a copy without only to find copies at the next best Buy with slipcovers on each copy. It's a nice blue bordered lenticular slipcover and needless to say my OCD took over and I rebought it. I'll be returning the first copy but we'll worth it for the nice design.

#471 chssnaredrum04

chssnaredrum04

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

wow, i should frequent this forum more often. can't believe i missed this.
i've got plenty of dvds i wouldn't mind trading in.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#472 dchrisd

dchrisd

Vamanos Pest!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

wow, i should frequent this forum more often. can't believe i missed this.
i've got plenty of dvds i wouldn't mind trading in.

Best Buy does this promotion quite regularly, so just wait for the next round
Posted Image

#473 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

Are there a lot of people walking into Best Buy saying "I'm in the mood for a *drama* tonight, but I have no idea what to buy. I know, I'll look in the drama section. It's a good thing that I love buying both blurays and DVDs because now I can browse both simultaneously. I bought my blu-ray player so that I can buy more DVDs."

Well they've completely lost me as a browser impulse buyer. I spent twice as long as I usually do during the upgrade and save just to find some specific titles. Their website said Masters of the Universe Blu-ray was in stock but I couldn't find the damn movie on any shelf!

I don't understand what the hell they were thinking, because it's not going to increase the sale of impulse DVD purchases, especially not with this nonsensical organization.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#474 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

Putting BR's and DVD's together wouldn't have been a big deal at all if they had just left everything alphabetical (except kids/family, those were always separate). Genre division was just a terrible idea. Don't expect to see it change until after the new year though (if even then).

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain

:dvd:-009-1
:br:-Star Wars: Clone Wars season 3
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#475 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

Yup that's my gripe. The mishmash genre/format grouping didn't do BB any favors. It was painfully frustrating to trek through multiple times looking for stuff.

When it was alphabetical you could at least logically browse and go "oh yeah, I meant to get that". Now it's like I want to find just ONE title I had in mind, and then get annoyed that it isn't in the category you thought it belonged to. By then, who gives a crap about any other movie when I just want to leave.

Ended up getting only a few blu's this time:

Prometheus 3D
E.T. digibook
Donnie Darko 10th Anniversary
Taken
Fight Club

Hope they do bring back U&S again.

#476 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

I found a Coraline 3D bluray with a slipcover for $17.99 today at BB. :D I'm usually not a stickler for slipcovers, but the lenticular 3D ones look pretty nice.

I also pricematched the Prometheus 3D manufacturers coupon, so I ended up getting it for $14.99. :D

#477 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

I found a Coraline 3D bluray with a slipcover for $17.99 today at BB. :D I'm usually not a stickler for slipcovers, but the lenticular 3D ones look pretty nice.

I also pricematched the Prometheus 3D manufacturers coupon, so I ended up getting it for $14.99. :D

I keep hearing about this Prometheus coupon. Where is this coupon and how'd you get it for $14.99?

#478 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

I keep hearing about this Prometheus coupon. Where is this coupon and how'd you get it for $14.99?

The coupon is on coupons.com. Click the "home entertainment" category and you should see it.

Prometheus 3D was $24.99 release week. Then subtract the $5 upgrade and save coupon (expired) and then subtract the $5 manufacturer's coupon from coupons.com and it equals $14.99.