Dead or Alive 5 360/PS3 First Time Pack Costumes DLC - Free

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

From what I heard, that was the only print. Makes me glad I decided to pre-order it, most stores in my area didnt even get 1 in and those were gone at the midnight release.

Also, gotta love free costumes, especially when they look good (Namely Mila's)

Ah I see. I guess that explains it. I searched on their site and it seemed like hardly anyone pre-ordered it or they were already picked up because the only stores that had it were pretty far away.

#32 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:12 AM

Is this free for a limited time or something?

Id like to know too.. is this a limited time thing or free forever? I dont have the game and wont be getting it till its <20 bucks or so.. but if this is a limited offer i better d.load it now. Anyone know?

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#33 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

Id like to know too.. is this a limited time thing or free forever? I dont have the game and wont be getting it till its <20 bucks or so.. but if this is a limited offer i better d.load it now. Anyone know?

^_^x KD

It really doesn't matter. Just add it to your account but don't download it if you are worrying about 60-70mb of space on your hard drive. This way, you will always have it for free even if it goes unfree (is that even a word?).

#34 UrJudge

UrJudge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

I did a similar thing when brink had free dlc, I dl'd it even though I didn't have the game.
then it became "unfree"

#35 Laglace

Laglace

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:33 AM

Thanks OP.

#36 thakingrocka

thakingrocka

El Profesor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:48 AM

thanks

#37 aerozero

aerozero

The man from nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:02 AM

From what I heard, that was the only print. Makes me glad I decided to pre-order it, most stores in my area didnt even get 1 in and those were gone at the midnight release.

Holy crap

I might go pick up the game tomorrow after work, there's only a few copies available by my house.
Posted Image

#38 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

Thanks OP!
Have a good read of the awesome FAQ by AtlanteanMan.
Posted Image
Then post in the DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:
http://community.us..../thread/3416427
Show your support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!

#39 Fighterspledge

Fighterspledge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

Thanks OP

#40 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

Holy crap

I might go pick up the game tomorrow after work, there's only a few copies available by my house.

If I buy the collector's edition tomorrow, will I still get the gamestop-exclusive bunny bikinis or did they stop giving those codes after the release day?
(I realize that the CE comes with 100 bikinis or whatever but I also want the gamestop exclusive bunny bikinis too)

#41 aerozero

aerozero

The man from nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

The CE comes with all the bonus costumes, even all the Amazon ones I think.
Posted Image

#42 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

The CE comes with all the bonus costumes, even all the Amazon ones I think.

The CE doesn't come with the black bunny bikinis, nor the white ones unless you got the code from preordering it.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#43 aerozero

aerozero

The man from nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

The CE doesn't come with the black bunny bikinis, nor the white ones unless you got the code from preordering it.

Wait, what's the code that comes with the collector's edition then?
Posted Image

#44 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:08 AM

Wait, what's the code that comes with the collector's edition then?

The ce comes with a code for 100 exclusive bikinis, but gamestop and amazon also had exclusive bunny costume codes with pre-orders.

In the past, Gamestop pre-order codes would often print out on the receipt even after the release date until they run out. Alternatively, Gamestop would have a card (like an insert) printed with their exclusive dlc code that they would tape onto limited-run collector's editions. That's why I was wondering if either case occurred with doa 5.

#45 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

Store exclusive dlc is just stupid. That said, I did preorder at both Amazon and Gamestop for the black and white bunny costumes just so that I can have them all and will be returning the Gamestop copy back. They don't expect me to buy 2 copies of the same game on the same console and keep them both do they? It's really waste of time for gamers that collects these things. I will buy the 100 exclusive ce costumes when it's released on Live. Or I may just pick up the CE for the PS3 so that I can have this game on both systems.

#46 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Dammit, I didn't know about the Amazon pre-order outfits. I thought I had everything. :(

It'd be nice to not get burned on buying a Gamestop CE. I haven't seen any DoA CE's at any of my usual stores.

#47 RipperArcane

RipperArcane

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

Just wanted to clear a couple of things up.

First Tekken has the 100 bikinis, which are mainly 3 recolors of each one.

Second the bunny costumes are not the CE bikinis which are for all the girls not just 6 of them.

Third Tekken creator stated the preorder characters would be released as dlc, not sure about the 100 bikinis but nowhere I have seen did the DOA team say the same. I hope they do indeed release them as I didnt preorder but did buy the CE, which is a gamestop exclusive (it may indeed become hard to obtain).

#48 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

Yeah, the DOA5 CE comes with a code for 12 swimsuit costumes (one for each female character), which do not include the black and white bunny bikinis. The black was only from Amazon, the white was only from Gamestop.

CE swimsuits

Bunny swimsuits

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#49 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

I was the only one to preorder at my store and the only copy they received was the one for my order. The DOA series is a bit of a niche, I dont think they would reprint any more CEs.

Nothing to see here, move along!

#50 inkcil

inkcil

I went from "Ashy to Thrifty"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Yeah, the DOA5 CE comes with a code for 12 swimsuit costumes (one for each female character), which do not include the black and white bunny bikinis. The black was only from Amazon, the white was only from Gamestop.

CE swimsuits

Bunny swimsuits

So is the code for the GS preorders on the receipt? I preordered at gamestop and didn't get a bunny code...oops yes i did. sorry.

#51 SEGA128DC

SEGA128DC

EA Sports suck!!!...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

Hmm, does anyone know the download size for the CE swimsuits from GameStop? I'm running out of space on my flash drive...

Rise from your grave...

#52 maxgeek

maxgeek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

The CE swimsuits are about 60mb.

I also hope they release the preorder costumes as DLC. Its lame that it wasn't possible to get all the costumes unless you preordered the game from two different places. They should have included all the launch costumes with the CE.

#53 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

Heh, picked this DLC up even though I don't have the game. If it's free, it's mine!

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#54 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

Just wanted to clear a couple of things up.

First Tekken has the 100 bikinis, which are mainly 3 recolors of each one.

Second the bunny costumes are not the CE bikinis which are for all the girls not just 6 of them.

Third Tekken creator stated the preorder characters would be released as dlc, not sure about the 100 bikinis but nowhere I have seen did the DOA team say the same. I hope they do indeed release them as I didnt preorder but did buy the CE, which is a gamestop exclusive (it may indeed become hard to obtain).

There's actually 9 bunny bikinis....if you buy DOA5 at Wal Mart there's a divas pack which has bunny costumes for Lisa, Christie and Helena