Photo
- - - - -

$1-month Xbox LIVE Gold (still ALIVE -- even for beta users!) [for Silver members]

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#31 TXboxGuY

TXboxGuY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:25 AM

I couldn't get it to work. I have a Silver now since my Gold expired last week. I was able to download the app no problem. After I tried to download other Gold only apps such as Hulu and Netflix but all they gave were the regular options to upgrade. 9.99 for a month...

Do any other accounts on your console have the Gamespot app. already installed?

I have several accounts on my Xbox and NONE of them have the app. installed even though one is a new created Gold account which is running the 1-month trial for FREE.

#32 LightningX32

LightningX32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

Was offered 2 months of live for $2 on the dashboard about 2 weeks ago after my gold expired, of course i took it.

#33 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

Was offered 2 months of live for $2 on the dashboard about 2 weeks ago after my gold expired, of course i took it.

I did that six notes straight, from February until July. It hasn't come back in the past three months.

#34 ihatemyhonda

ihatemyhonda

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

Once you start the trial then wouldn't the app just download and install now that you're a gold member. I don't see how this would work.

That's true but I logged on Xbox.com and it shows that my account now expires on 12/13/2012. So I'm guessing it worked somehow.

#35 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

I can't believe this dude has been registered since 2004 and posts things almost everyone who's been here for over a year already knows about. I got in on this in 2009, man, and it was old news back then.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#36 Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

The $1 a month ads have dried up completely so don't be such a country music star. I was able to download this app without a problem, lame.

#37 mopar-man

mopar-man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

This worked. I said "No thanks" and I got a free month after entering credit info. Problem is, I see NO WAY to turn off Auto Renewal under accounts unless I just delete my card? Not sure what to do here for next month!

#38 LightningX32

LightningX32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

This worked. I said "No thanks" and I got a free month after entering credit info. Problem is, I see NO WAY to turn off Auto Renewal under accounts unless I just delete my card? Not sure what to do here for next month!

You have to log on to xbox.com in order to turn off auto-renewal.

#39 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I wanted to report that I just got a one-month trial using the method described in the OP. I tried this a couple of weeks ago, and it did not work then. I believe that the reason, as others have suspected, is that you need the new dashboard to get this offer for a one-month trial or one month for one dollar.

So, if you tried this before without success, give it another try after installing the new dashboard.

Also, this offer isn't limited to the GameSpot app. I got the offer when I tried to install the Netflix app.

Thanks, OP.

#40 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I wanted to report that I just got a one-month trial using the method described in the OP. I tried this a couple of weeks ago, and it did not work then. I believe that the reason, as others have suspected, is that you need the new dashboard to get this offer for a one-month trial or one month for one dollar.

So, if you tried this before without success, give it another try after installing the new dashboard.

Also, this offer isn't limited to the GameSpot app. I got the offer when I tried to install the Netflix app.

Thanks, OP.

All true and confirmed. New dashboard required. The old dashboard lets you download but not ue apps. The new dashboard won't even allow a download without XBL gold.

#41 SafetyFirst

SafetyFirst

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:58 AM

My XBL GOLD just ran out and I am waiting for one of those $35-$40 deals for the 12 mo. membership instead of paying the full $60. So found this thread and followed what the OP stated and it worked! It offered me the 1 mo for $1 and I refused with NO THANKS, and then it offered the 1 mo free which I got.

Went into my XBL account on the website and turned off Auto Renewal too, worked without a problem.

I'm sure by Black Friday I'll find a 12 mo deal so this will work fine for the next 30 days. Thanks OP for this tip!

#42 jusinjusin

jusinjusin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

So I hit "No Thanks", and I was offered the trial. When it tried to verify my credit card, it didn't work after numerous attempts. I did it again, and I selected the $1 for a month, and I used the same information, and then it worked. How weird.

#43 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

So I hit "No Thanks", and I was offered the trial. When it tried to verify my credit card, it didn't work after numerous attempts. I did it again, and I selected the $1 for a month, and I used the same information, and then it worked. How weird.

I spoke with MS about that. They're trying to phish people's PayPal info. Same thing happened to me and a friend when we did it.

#44 Hunter Hybrid

Hunter Hybrid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

Just tried the "No thanks" prompt and got one month free, thanks OP.

#45 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

Dang, I see the free 1 month trial offer, but it can't verify the billing info for my credit card, no matter how many times I have tried.

#46 TXboxGuY

TXboxGuY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

Glad to see people still finding this helpful. :)

I was speaking with a friend tonight over XBL who also tried it successfully. $1 for 1-month.

More recently, the newer NBA Game Time and WSJ apps have been featured more prominently on the Apps. dashboard. No, it doesn't auto-download when you complete the Gold sign-up. You'd just have to get back around if you cared to actually install it when Gold.

#47 SafetyFirst

SafetyFirst

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

ya i got it thru paypal, didn't use CC. I guess MS can't authorize free charge for some reason on CC. But just open a Paypal Acct and go thru it again and it should work. Or to save the hassle, just get it for 1 mo for $1.

#48 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Thanks for the heads up guys! I needed Gold back for when Halo 4 and BlOPs2 come out, but didn't want to pay $60 for Gold. I did this and got it to give me a free month and hopefully I'll catch a sale soon.

#49 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

I set this up over a year ago and I've been paying $1 a month for Gold ever since. I have no idea how it happened or when it will end. All I know if every month I pay $1 and I'm still gold.

#50 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

I spoke with MS about that. They're trying to phish people's PayPal info. Same thing happened to me and a friend when we did it.

Can you elaborate on that? I don't think I like the way that sounds.

#51 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

just wondering, but if M$ is able to convert all their silver accounts over to gold for $1 a month, would they end up getting more subscription revenue each month?

makes you go hmmm.... :)
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#52 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Can you elaborate on that? I don't think I like the way that sounds.

They won't officially admit it but I know it's true. The rep on the phone wouldn't confirm/deny it.

Basically I tried my credit card, which is already on file, and it kept getting rejected. I also was on the phone with a friend telling them to get the free month, and their card denied every time. After several tries, both of us at the same time tried Paypal and it went through immediately without a hitch.

Now another member just mentioned it happened to them yesterday, and this happened to my friend and I last week. It cannot be some accident or coincidence at this point.

#53 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

They won't officially admit it but I know it's true. The rep on the phone wouldn't confirm/deny it.

Basically I tried my credit card, which is already on file, and it kept getting rejected. I also was on the phone with a friend telling them to get the free month, and their card denied every time. After several tries, both of us at the same time tried Paypal and it went through immediately without a hitch.

Now another member just mentioned it happened to them yesterday, and this happened to my friend and I last week. It cannot be some accident or coincidence at this point.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't even know that PayPal can be used to pay for Live.

#54 Goldfingiz

Goldfingiz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

The offer it's giving me is $9.99 per month. :cry:

#55 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

And that is why u use a $1 leftover giftcard u have sitting around :bouncy:

#56 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Got the 1 month for free, thanks man. Gold had lapsed and outside of Halo 4, I had no plans of reactivating for a while
Posted ImagePosted Image

#57 UnicornBang

UnicornBang

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

I can't get the offer. This is frustrating

#58 TXboxGuY

TXboxGuY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

I noticed last night that it is not showing me the $1 month either. It has changed to $9.99 on the offer wall. I choose 'No Thanks' and it takes me to the FREE month trial option.

I've got a CC on file that I have used for other FREE/$1/$2 months.

I've not committed to anything yet as I have a 14-day Gold pass ongoing.

#59 UnicornBang

UnicornBang

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Where did you hit no thanks at? I tried it on multiple apps

#60 TXboxGuY

TXboxGuY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Where did you hit no thanks at? I tried it on multiple apps

On the wall that has the 6 options. Under the 'Redeem Code' offer is the 'No Thanks'. I believe only those consoles that have FREE 1-month trials (3 per console usually) that have not been used are getting the FREE offer. If not, you are taken back to the Get Gold screen where there is another 'No Thanks' square at the bottom.