Photo
* * * * - 20 votes

Amazon Trade-In FAQ 5.0

• Please log in to reply
8597 replies to this topic

#331 io

io

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

My King Kong got downgraded to acceptable at $16 instead of $20. This is the first time I ever locked in anything with the downgrade option because it wasn't too much of a difference (usually it seems like it is $20 for good and $4 for acceptable or something). The game was in pretty good shape - complete and only slightly scuffed. But whatever...

#332 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

I really don't understand how they determine what is good and what is acceptable. I have sent in XBox and Gamecube games in a generic black DVD case with no manual and a scratched up disc and had it upgraded from acceptable to good, then I read about games in way better condition and complete being downgraded.

#333 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

wooohoo just got credit for the Black Ops controller I had laying around.

Thanks to that OP!

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#334 io

io

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

I really don't understand how they determine what is good and what is acceptable. I have sent in XBox and Gamecube games in a generic black DVD case with no manual and a scratched up disc and had it upgraded from acceptable to good, then I read about games in way better condition and complete being downgraded.

Hah - I've never even tried to send them anything in that sort of condition. I figured that would result in automatic rejection (skipping even the downgrade).

#335 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

wooohoo just got credit for the Black Ops controller I had laying around.

Thanks to that OP!

What kind of TiV did you end up getting for them? Back before X-Mas, I noticed the outrageous, inflated 3rd party prices that these were listed at, and, almost half-jokingly, listed one PS3 and one 360 version that I got for $10 from BB awhile ago. Lo and behold, they sold relatively quickly for $70-80/ea!

#336 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

My King Kong got downgraded to acceptable at $16 instead of $20. This is the first time I ever locked in anything with the downgrade option because it wasn't too much of a difference (usually it seems like it is $20 for good and $4 for acceptable or something). The game was in pretty good shape - complete and only slightly scuffed. But whatever...

That sucks. I sent one in disc only and one in a beat up case with no insert because that's all I could find at GS. They downgraded the disc-only but gave me full value for the one with the correct case. It's just random sometimes I guess...

#337 io

io

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

That sucks. I sent one in disc only and one in a beat up case with no insert because that's all I could find at GS. They downgraded the disc-only but gave me full value for the one with the correct case. It's just random sometimes I guess...

Yeah, what sucked even more is that the original case was a little beat up and had stickers that I couldn't remove. So I swapped it out for a brand new 360 case. The insert was fine so except for some slight wear on the disc it would have appeared as like new. But hey, it's only $4.

#338 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

So this is weird.

I just received payment for an Order I never shipped. Nor do I remember ever submitting.

Tracking shows I never sent it. But that they sent something to me.
Order basically says i submitted it and shipped it off while I was away on vacation. So there's no way this is the case

The order pays me like $15 for one game and then the rejected game is Forza 4 for being the incorrect item.

I check my mail and what do you know? It's a package from Noram to me. Open the package there's another packing slip stating the item is supposed to be in the hands of some guy in PA.

And the game they sent me is Forza Horizon.

So Noram just paid me and gave me a free copy of Forza Horizon.

I don't know what to think of this.
OP= Online Pass
Currently selling DLC: Dead Island, RAGE, Dissidia: Aya Brea Costume, SR: The Third OP, Red Faction: Armageddon, Homefront OP + Avatar, BRINK, Portal 2 Steam Passes, Crysis 2 LE, Bulletstorm , NFS:HP OP , Dead Space 2 OP +Armor, Alice Madness: Returns OP, Motorstorm: Apoc, FEAR 3 Shredder + OP, Gears of War 2 ALL FRONTS, Halo: Reach Recon Helmet, Mortal Kombat OP

PM for more details

#339 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

What kind of TiV did you end up getting for them? Back before X-Mas, I noticed the outrageous, inflated 3rd party prices that these were listed at, and, almost half-jokingly, listed one PS3 and one 360 version that I got for $10 from BB awhile ago. Lo and behold, they sold relatively quickly for $70-80/ea!

$42. I figured that was enough for me.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#340 brandtron8000

brandtron8000

Devilution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

So this is weird.

I just received payment for an Order I never shipped. Nor do I remember ever submitting.

Order basically says i submitted it and shipped it off while I was away on vacation. So there's no way this is the case

The order pays me like $15 for one game and then the rejected game is Forza 4 for being the incorrect item.

I check my mail and what do you know? It's a package from Noram to me. Open the package there's another packing slip stating the item is supposed to be in the hands of some guy in PA.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#341 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

I got my full $20. Game was mint however.

1080i is for douchebags

#342 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Lots of tiv jumps in the tracker this afternoon. Mostly rare stuff, a couple oddballs worth at least looking at.

#343 RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

So this is weird.

Your "order" must have been processed by the same person that managed to lose 3 games on 2 different order for me. Currently waiting on Amazon to investigate...

#344 QSilverTwo

QSilverTwo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

First time for me to suffer their dishonest tricks, or whatever you want to call them. I mean, I've had games lost by them and they rejected Riven for the PS1 (5 discs) probably because they overlooked a disc or didn't know how to flip open that case, but never anything questionable of scamming. Until today, I receive back my two copies of Just Dance 4 (for being the wrong edition) that were brand new and instead of the xbox 360 versions I sent in I get back two PS3 versions... with the cases cracked to hell and the discs loose inside.

#345 unforeseen

unforeseen

Crime Scene Investigator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

First time for me to suffer their dishonest tricks, or whatever you want to call them. I mean, I've had games lost by them and they rejected Riven for the PS1 (5 discs) probably because they overlooked a disc or didn't know how to flip open that case, but never anything questionable of scamming. Until today, I receive back my two copies of Just Dance 4 (for being the wrong edition) that were brand new and instead of the xbox 360 versions I sent in I get back two PS3 versions... with the cases cracked to hell and the discs loose inside.

Another one bites the dust.

#346 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

I still have two sets of two games that were delivered on monday the 7th that still havent gone into processing or even acknowledged being received. Fearing the worst.

#347 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

yeah this was my first negative experience as well. they "lost" my ac3 and returned my black ops controller for "light scratches" even though i sent in a brand new/sealed one. i was pissed til i talked to amazon cs who gave me full trade in credit for both and i get to keep the controller. u should probably contact cs.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#348 QSilverTwo

QSilverTwo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

yeah this was my first negative experience as well. they "lost" my ac3 and returned my black ops controller for "light scratches" even though i sent in a brand new/sealed one. i was pissed til i talked to amazon cs who gave me full trade in credit for both and i get to keep the controller. u should probably contact cs.

I indeed chatted with an Amazon rep and was offered full original credit and to keep the games. Only thing that doesn't sit well with me is hearing how people have been banned for too many customer service "compensations," or whatever Amazon calls them, and I assume this is considered just that. As in this goes on record, and is part of the criteria used to weed out high maintenance customers.

#349 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

yeah that makes sense. i think it also has to do with the ratio of cs 'compensations' to your overall amount of trade ins/purchases. if you only buy/trade in stuff every once in a while and then complain everytime, thats gonna be more of a red flag then someone who has the same amount of complaints/compensations but 4x the volume in purchases/tradeins. the main person/post i remember being banned (guy from sd) had something like 40% of his purchases result in complaints/returns. if they are basing it on percentage and you do alot of business with them, you should be fine. i've had my fair share of complaints/compensations but i buy stuff on amazon almost everyday so problems are bound to happen. this was the first time i've traded in to amz in a lonnnnnnng time and will likely be my last as the risk now seems to outweigh the reward.

I indeed chatted with an Amazon rep and was offered full original credit and to keep the games. Only thing that doesn't sit well with me is hearing how people have been banned for too many customer service "compensations," or whatever Amazon calls them, and I assume this is considered just that. As in this goes on record, and is part of the criteria used to weed out high maintenance customers.

now playing:

#350 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

hmmmm... so you sent in something and got back the same exact thing in the same exact condition and yet still need to ask Amazon for "credit".....

Well good thing Amazon got that "free" monies to throw around

#351 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

u again. thats a negative. they said it has light scratches and that its been sent back to me which implies that they opened it. i haven't received it back yet. my issue is that my trade in was denied for damage that was impossible to have because i sent in a new/sealed controller. amazon cs gave me the credit already. nice try though.

ps they gave me the ac3 credit that u were so sure would be sent back to me w/out credit. suck it.

hmmmm... so you sent in something and got back the same exact thing in the same exact condition and yet still need to ask Amazon for "credit".....

Well good thing Amazon got that "free" monies to throw around

now playing:

#352 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

yeah that makes sense. i think it also has to do with the ratio of cs 'compensations' to your overall amount of trade ins/purchases. if you only buy/trade in stuff every once in a while and then complain everytime, thats gonna be more of a red flag then someone who has the same amount of complaints/compensations but 4x the volume in purchases/tradeins. the main person/post i remember being banned (guy from sd) had something like 40% of his purchases result in complaints/returns. if they are basing it on percentage and you do alot of business with them, you should be fine. i've had my fair share of complaints/compensations but i buy stuff on amazon almost everyday so problems are bound to happen. this was the first time i've traded in to amz in a lonnnnnnng time and will likely be my last as the risk now seems to outweigh the reward.

LOL, most people from SD only care about the short term gain, instead of what happens long terms. you Should read their bestbuy trading thread, you have posters in there posting about how they do not care, if they get banned for the 3 copies limit of the same game, and later coming back in, and complaining it is stupid of bestbuy to ban people for trading over 3 copies limit

#353 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

The thing is when people get banned and come to complain online, they usually don't tell the "whole" story(this pretty much applies to being banned from anywhere like on xbox live). So without hearing amazon's part of the story its really hard to trust whatever they write. But I personally think Amazon takes up the same policy as Best Buy's trade in bans, they don't go by percentage or account for what type of buyer you are(purchase a lot or little). It's pretty much you causing them problems and your banned.

#354 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

u again. thats a negative. they said it has light scratches and that its been sent back to me which implies that they opened it. i haven't received it back yet. my issue is that my trade in was denied for damage that was impossible to have because i sent in a new/sealed controller. amazon cs gave me the credit already. nice try though.

ps they gave me the ac3 credit that u were so sure would be sent back to me w/out credit. suck it.

so you haven't received the item back, for inspection, before making a complaint to Amazon? :shock::booty:

#355 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

good points. best buy seems to be pretty random w/ the bans so it makes sense that amz would be similar. ive never had a trade in issue before so it sucks to have 2 happen back to back and im glad they were taken care of.

The thing is when people get banned and come to complain online, they usually don't tell the "whole" story(this pretty much applies to being banned from anywhere like on xbox live). So without hearing amazon's part of the story its really hard to trust whatever they write. But I personally think Amazon takes up the same policy as Best Buy's trade in bans, they don't go by percentage or account for what type of buyer you are(purchase a lot or little). It's pretty much you causing them problems and your banned.

now playing:

#356 RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Well, Amazon came through for me (post #344), by issuing a "promotional certificate" to my account. Despite explaining everything clearly, they overpaid me $20, as I did not send in one of the games on the list. Time to fire another message back to them so they can correct their mistake.

#357 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Nintendo 3DS XL - Red/Black

Sell Us Your Item
For up to a $177.00 Gift Card

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#358 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Is this server really slow today, or is it just me?

Anyways, has anyone traded in Assassin's Creed 3 with Steelbook case? What did you send in? I'm assuming it's the game (regular case, plus two discs) plus the pre-order steelbook case. Yes/no?

It's trading for $32, which is pretty good. The TIV for the regular game is around $13, which values the steelbook case at $19. Looking at ebay, the case sells for around $14/15 (but then you subtract ebay and paypal fees and shipping and you end up with a lot less). So the $32 TIV seems like a good deal.

I know BB's TIV for the regular game (minus steelbook) is $16, plus the current 50% bonus = $24.

What do people think? Should I go with BB, or the amazon $32?

#359 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Anyways, has anyone traded in Assassin's Creed 3 with Steelbook case? What did you send in? I'm assuming it's the game (regular case, plus two discs) plus the pre-order steelbook case. Yes/no?

It's trading for $32, which is pretty good. The TIV for the regular game is around $13, which values the steelbook case at $19. Looking at ebay, the case sells for around $14/15 (but then you subtract ebay and paypal fees and shipping and you end up with a lot less). So the $32 TIV seems like a good deal.

I know BB's TIV for the regular game (minus steelbook) is $16, plus the current 50% bonus = $24.

The 50% at Best Buy is a typo. It's still 100% through Saturday.

#360 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

BB's at a 100% bonus until Saturday.

Your best bet is trade at BB for $32 then sell the steel on fleabay for $14 and come out ahead $40+