Amazon Trade-In FAQ 5.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9637 replies to this topic

#421 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

eh.. i've not ever had UPS lose my package. I imagine amazon would take care of the situation for me real fast if UPS lost it.

And I don't choose downgrade option so I'm good. Amazon already has my credit card info (amazon card) so what's the difference.

I think UPS lost my package...I shipped it out a week and a half ago, and no tracking updates. Should I contact Amazon?

#422 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Why? I think it's a great idea. I get my credit sooner.

Amazon won't get ripped off cause they have your credit card number.

I guess that's true - my mind always tends to gravitate towards the corner cases (primarily the situations where noram has historically rejected high tiv items despite their perfect condition). Having this option during the Great Old School Game Trade In Fiasco of 2012 could've made things waaaaay nuttier.

I hope they're hard asses about it though as I definitely get sick of the less-than-honest crowd trying to take advantage of them.

I think UPS lost my package...I shipped it out a week and a half ago, and no tracking updates. Should I contact Amazon?

You could, although if it never updated even with a pick up I would talk to whichever UPS office is responsible for where you dropped it off and try to figure that out first.

MildObstruction.png

#423 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

:360: LA Noire: The Complete Edition - $30.00

#424 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Tempting, but what are the chances it'll ring up as this one instead? For some reason, the listing you link to has more than double the Product Dimensions compared to the other one...

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#425 guessed

guessed

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Good find.

Tempting, but what are the chances it'll ring up as this one instead? For some reason, the listing you link to has more than double the Product Dimensions compared to the other one...

Good point. Was there some kind of LE of the complete edition? Anyone? I've locked in my trade, but I don't want to send it if it is the wrong version.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#426 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

Good find.

Good point. Was there some kind of LE of the complete edition? Anyone? I've locked in my trade, but I don't want to send it if it is the wrong version.

none that I've heard of. As long as this listing shows up when you search the upc on amazon it should be fine. I just this week sold my sealed target clearance one from like a year ago for about this much, so that's quite good I'd say.

MildObstruction.png

#427 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

It is an algorithm glitch on warehouse for this:

:360: LA Noire: The Complete Edition (Like New) $231.19

That is why the trade in value is so high. It will probably get fixed soon enough so jump on it while you can. I have locked one in so I shall see what happens.

#428 mark_IV

mark_IV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

:ps3: Rock Band 3 - $24.35

#429 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

Yes. You can use whatever box you want. I always recycle GF/BBY/Glyde mailers to Amazon.

Sweet ty i got like to many 360 games and just bought a ps3.

#430 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

GameStop smallish credit mover

http://www.amazon.co...?tag=scurker-20

NBA Street Homecourt :360: current tiv 13.70

MildObstruction.png

#431 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

eh.. i've not ever had UPS lose my package. I imagine amazon would take care of the situation for me real fast if UPS lost it.

And I don't choose downgrade option so I'm good. Amazon already has my credit card info (amazon card) so what's the difference.

Guess I just see there being a big difference -- and it has nothing to do with selecting 'downgrade option' (which I never use either). If Noram loses your item after it's been delivered (sometimes they'll misplace it and it'll just say "Processing"), or UPS doesn't deliver it, it's now money coming out your pocket and your credit card being charged. Amazon might still take care of you, sure, but you're going to be haggling to get your actual money refunded instead of just not having a credit applied. Personally that's a big difference to me. I'd rather not start a process of being charged for trade-ins they botch, but YMMV.

Also, Amazon isn't going to take care of the situation "real fast" if UPS lost the package. I just had a trade on 2/4 sent to Kentucky. It tracked every step of the way but on the last leg got stuck on "Out for Delivery" and apparently never got there. The Amazon rep says I'll get my credit applied but not until 30 days has elapsed from the time of shipment, so I have to wait until 3/4 for something I sent a month ago.

Sounds like you haven't had a bad experience with the trade-ins. Make enough of them and, at some point, one of these things is going to happen to you eventually either with Noram losing an item, or not crediting you, or not returning the items they rejected (that's also happened to me), or UPS losing the package. You'll probably have a different viewpoint about getting your CC involved then :)

#432 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

As long as UPS has it scanned in their system (and i always have them do so via UPS Store or Staples), I don't worry about anything other than noram rejecting it for condition.

I don't worry about UPS losing it. I don't worry about NorAm losing it. If UPS loses it and Amazon charges me $20 for my gift card but will give me back that $20 in 30 days time (via another gift card) because they have to be absolutely sure UPS lost it, (I understand that things show up within 30 days because it was "found" at some point.), I'm ok with that.

All in all, Amazon credit is basically cash to me so as long as i'm gonna get it, I'm fine.

Any time I've had an issue, Amazon has taken care of me. But that's just me.

In my mind, the odds of the different scenarios are:

1. Trade goes according to plan (95%)
2. Noram rejects the trade (3%)
3. UPS loses it, I contact amazon, they give me the money in 30 days (1%)
4. Noram loses it, I contact amazon, they give me the money (1%)
5. .00000000000001% I get screwed by noram, ups, and amazon.

I have well over 100 trades and I only got rejected twice: l4d2 cracked in transit (it happens) and some idiot at noram thought another game was supposed to have a manual and rejected it. I resubmitted it, resent it in with a sticky that said "this game doesn't have a manual. have a nice day" and got it accepted for the same price.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#433 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

I Love Horses: Rider's Paradise - $20.25

#434 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Well here's a weird one:

Current tiv almost $40.

If you _can_ find it, you'll likely find it for very cheap.

MildObstruction.png

#435 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Well here's a weird one:

Current tiv almost $40.

found it.

$23 for 2 shipped

#436 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Well here's a weird one:

Current tiv almost $40.

Thanks. I was able to buy one on eBay (BIN auction) for ~$10 after shipping, and I locked in a trade.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2

#437 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

Because we're all best pals:

Cars :wii: tiv 30.00 (the original, not Cars 2 or any variation thereof)

http://www.amazon.co...uct/B000GUQJQ8/

Wow. I just had my first problem with Amazon. I traded in (2) of these and I just checked the status. They were rejected due to incorrect platform. Anyone ever have this happen to them? Anything I can do? I sent in the exact item pictured. :bs:

#438 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

Wow. I just had my first problem with Amazon. I traded in (2) of these and I just checked the status. They were rejected due to incorrect platform. Anyone ever have this happen to them? Anything I can do? I sent in the exact item pictured. :bs:

I'm of the opinion that you just roll with it, accept the loss, and try your luck next time. Sometimes that happens with the overinflated tivs. Sometimes they come back too. But I don't think many folks agree with me.

p.s. That silly Wii weapon thing is still @ $39 for anyone wanting to try their luck on that

MildObstruction.png

#439 Uso

Uso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

Ditto, but on different game. I can tell they hired a noob to work on tradein. I complain to AMZ about it. I'm going to resend mine in.

#440 wusspuck

wusspuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

cant find the wii accesory, any links, looks like ebay is sold out?

#441 Cap'n_RDM

Cap'n_RDM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

Saints Row the Third (PS3) is $9.99 at BB and currently trades in to Amazon for $18.
Now Playing:
:ps3: Mortal Kombat
:wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
:psp: The 3rd Birthday
:ds: Pokemon Black

#442 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

^ Ninjad!

3/17
BB :ps3: Saint's Row: The Third $9.99 > Amz $18
Credit goes to Chrono Gear for mentioning it.

#443 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

I have 3 of these pending. Now I just need to grab them from the store. Before anyone asks, I have a Amazon account for myself and my wife. There is a max of 2 games per account.

sumderek.png

New List of Games for Sale http://www.cheapassg...-credit-paypal/

#444 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

Everything I want to trade at amazon is worth $3 or less. I don't know how you all find these random deals.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#445 ShadowSx

ShadowSx

Why so serious?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

Everything I want to trade at amazon is worth $3 or less. I don't know how you all find these random deals.

http://tivtrackr.com/
Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you.. stranger.

#446 kkotd

kkotd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Don't know if it's been brought up, but it might be worth noting that you can now get paid immediately... If you're willing to put in a credit card number, which gets charged if any of your trade-ins are rejected or are downgraded. I don't recommend anyone try this, one of my friends had massive issues when a $130 trade-in was nuked to $27... That was a bit of a bill on his Visa for the month. It still took him over a day to receive the credit and even though he hadn't used it, they still charged his card, instead of taking the credit back. Use at your own risk.

Also, it might be that not all accounts get this option, his did but mine didn't... So I'm not sure what the pre-requisite is to be eligible for this option.

#447 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Don't know if it's been brought up, but it might be worth noting that you can now get paid immediately... If you're willing to put in a credit card number, which gets charged if any of your trade-ins are rejected or are downgraded. I don't recommend anyone try this, one of my friends had massive issues when a $130 trade-in was nuked to $27... That was a bit of a bill on his Visa for the month. It still took him over a day to receive the credit and even though he hadn't used it, they still charged his card, instead of taking the credit back. Use at your own risk.

Also, it might be that not all accounts get this option, his did but mine didn't... So I'm not sure what the pre-requisite is to be eligible for this option.

Yeah, I saw that on a recent trade-in.

I don't even want to deal with that $@%^ so I said no.

#448 ThunderChunky62

ThunderChunky62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

^ Ninjad!

3/17
BB :ps3: Saint's Row: The Third $9.99 > Amz $18
Credit goes to Chrono Gear for mentioning it.

Down to $3.75

#449 B-Man

B-Man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

Wait, am I missing something here? Some people a few posts back were talking about sending items in as in "like new" condition. How do you do this? When I trade games into Amazon, they only give me the options of "good" or "acceptable" condition.

#450 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

Wait, am I missing something here? Some people a few posts back were talking about sending items in as in "like new" condition. How do you do this? When I trade games into Amazon, they only give me the options of "good" or "acceptable" condition.

"Like New" doesn't appear for trading in games, but it does for movies, accessories, and other things.

Cloud_Squall78.png