Amazon Trade-In FAQ 5.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9637 replies to this topic

#31 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

Well, my last trade-in finally processed (MP5 for $22.80, Castlevania: HoD and Dragon Warrior III cart-only for $21 each). It feels like the end of an age...

*cough*
<_<
>_>

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#32 r00kie

r00kie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

I had a large trade that expired with only half of it being recieved. I contacted Amazon CS and of course they took care of it with promo credit. Really has anyone ever had a problem with Amazon CS?

Also I wouild like to add I sent in a bunch of chewed on games and kinda ugly carts and out of 210 games I sent 206 were accepted(3 GB games with dead batteries and a N64 game with some of the label missing were rejected); so I personally did not even see a hint of shadiness on rejecting stuff because the TIV was too high; if anything they accepted too much of my stuff because im sure a few of those they accepted probably didnt even work. I feel like if it was a mistake they went ahead and honored because it was the right thing to do.

My total dollar amount from this thing is a little embarrassing so I wont post it.

#33 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

tracker is back kinda - it's updated, but everything is wonky. A positive sign though!

MildObstruction.png

#34 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

I had a large trade that expired with only half of it being recieved. I contacted Amazon CS and of course they took care of it with promo credit. Really has anyone ever had a problem with Amazon CS?

One of my recent trades was rejected for being late when I sent it on the 9th day after locking in. My argument to that was I locked it in around 11pm and the 8th day was a Sunday and couldn't be dropped off. Amazon cs didn't care and simply pointed to the terms that it must be shipped by 7th day.

To answer a question I'm sure most will ask they have only ever issued me one promotion credit and it was when they cut the game with a box cutter then sent it back as damaged.

On a side note I still have 3 cart games sitting in processing now for a week. They will expire on Friday but Cs told me to wait until then before contacting them for questions.

#35 ezgoer24

ezgoer24

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

I have been trading in games for the last 3 months and have had mostly good results. One time though it clearly said received on the tracking number but it sat there for a week with no action taken on it. I raised cane about it and they gave me a promotional credit for the full amount. Then 2 weeks later I got a gift card when they finally got around to processing my trade-in. I ended up netting $150 extra than I had expected.

#36 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

6 grapefruit?

Also I wouild like to add I sent in a bunch of chewed on games and kinda ugly carts and out of 210 games I sent 206 were accepted(3 GB games with dead batteries and a N64 game with some of the label missing were rejected); so I personally did not even see a hint of shadiness on rejecting stuff because the TIV was too high; if anything they accepted too much of my stuff because im sure a few of those they accepted probably didnt even work. I feel like if it was a mistake they went ahead and honored because it was the right thing to do.

My total dollar amount from this thing is a little embarrassing so I wont post it.

#37 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:59 AM

Got my Prototype 2 accepted today but my second trade in hasn't yet. Both are different trade in but sent them in the same package. I wonder why I already got my gift card from one but not the other.

#38 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:24 AM

New Trade-Ins of the Week start Tuesday but may only hold values until Sunday? Or at least the values from last weeks TIotW only held until Sunday.

:ps3:NCAA Football $27
:3ds:New Super Mario Bros. 2 $22.95
:360:Gears of War 3 $10

#39 J7.

J7.

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:53 AM

Something strange is going on. When I search for a game it will show the 360 available to trade-in but not the PS3 version. However, when I put the UPC in from the PS3 game it shows up on the site. Anyone try trading in a game that only showed up via its UPC?

#40 io

io

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:03 AM

FYI, two of the trade-ins I made during all the high values just expired - and it was exactly 25 days since I made them. I never sent these in as I had redone the trades in a different configuration so these were duplicates. I usually cancel those to keep the option of sending a second copy of something in later, but on these old GC and GBA games that is very unlikely anyway, plus I kind of forgot about them once everything got paid out.

#41 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:45 AM

After 3 days my pennied guides that i flipped were delivered. Now to wait .....
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#42 3kingdoms

3kingdoms

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

The trades values from amazon are really crap now. Back to Best Buy where they take blood samples in order to execute a trade.
Posted Image

#43 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

NSMB2 $26 trade in at Amazon. That is a very high price considering that the game is one of the most boring Mario games I have ever played.

#44 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

The trades values from amazon are really crap now. Back to Best Buy where they take blood samples in order to execute a trade.

This just made me spit out my orange juice lol
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#45 GF_Eric

GF_Eric

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

Yep. New games used to be $35-40. Now they're all $20-30 and no better than GameStop. I think this is part of the reason why people so aggressively took advantage of the inflated values on old stuff last month - it evened things out to how things used to be.

#46 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

NSMB2 $26 trade in at Amazon. That is a very high price considering that the game is one of the most boring Mario games I have ever played.

IMO it was great.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#47 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

looks like my gc history is back. and there's still a lot of wild variation in tivs - Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks :ps2: was $15 just the other day (which I sold that for less than $5 not too long ago) so there's certainly some value to be had. The bar has maybe just been set a little too high recently.

MildObstruction.png

#48 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

IMO it was great.

I agree. I don't know why, but the sequels to Super Mario Galaxy and NSMB were just...better to me in every way; each one instilled the same feelings I had when I played Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island forever ago, but their predecessors didn't really feel the same. 8-)

EDIT: Before I forget, you can trade in Mario & Sonic At the London 2012 Olympic Games (:wii:) for $24.90. Gamefly is currently selling it used for $9.99 with free shipping, and you can order up to two. ;)

I suppose there might some risk due to the chipped disc issue, but I still locked in a two-copy trade and bought two copies. :D

Edited by Vigilante, 20 October 2012 - 08:06 PM.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

#49 jooksingjie

jooksingjie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

tivtrackr domain suspended it seems.

#50 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

I agree. I don't know why, but the sequels to Super Mario Galaxy and NSMB were just...better to me in every way; each one instilled the same feelings I had when I played Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island forever ago, but their predecessors didn't really feel the same. 8-)

EDIT: Before I forget, you can trade in Mario & Sonic At the London 2012 Olympic Games (:wii:) for $24.90. Gamefly is currently selling it used for $9.99 with free shipping, and you can order up to two. ;)

I suppose there might some risk due to the chipped disc issue, but I still locked in a two-copy trade and bought two copies. :D

Thanks for tip. I see it at $24 right now. Have a gf cert to use so may use it on this.

Edit- looks like its out of stock :(

1080i is for douchebags

#51 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

looks like my gc history is back. and there's still a lot of wild variation in tivs - Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks :ps2: was $15 just the other day (which I sold that for less than $5 not too long ago) so there's certainly some value to be had. The bar has maybe just been set a little too high recently.

Dangit! I would have totally traded in my Shaolin Monks if I saw that. Are you guys just checking your inventory everyday or you just see that by coincidence?

#52 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

They have had my guides for 5 days now and still nothing ! The tracker said it was delivered already. What gives ? Noram wasnt this slow
Currently playing

690739.png

#53 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

They have had my guides for 5 days now and still nothing ! The tracker said it was delivered already. What gives ? Noram wasnt this slow

Don't worry too much about it; I had one delivered trade-in sitting for almost two weeks before going through. Just be patient.

If the trade-in expires before they process it, talk with an Amazon CS rep and explain that you should have been credited for the trade-in (show proof that they received everything), and you should get the amount in a promotional credit.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#54 J7.

J7.

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

What is the chipped disc issue you mentioned? Is that when the disc has a crack in it's inner hole?

#55 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:53 AM

Dangit! I would have totally traded in my Shaolin Monks if I saw that. Are you guys just checking your inventory everyday or you just see that by coincidence?

Normally I just check the tracker once or twice a day. Unfortunately it looks like as soon as it was fixed the account was suspended.

MildObstruction.png

#56 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:31 AM

Well, I guess I will have to email AZ. I never got back one of my games and they received it 10-1. At least I should get the full amount in promo credit. I haven't bothered with the 'wrong edition' games or my PSOne thst 'didn't work'.

#57 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:47 AM

Finally got my credit from the guides I traded in
Currently playing

690739.png

#58 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:34 AM

Does anyone know if Amazon is...finicky when it comes to trading in Vita games? $18.90 for Uncharted: Golden Abyss looks like the best value I can get right now ($12 base at GS, $3 base at BBY), but I'm curious as to whether Amazon will downgrade it to Acceptable on the basis that it's missing the instruction booklet when (as we all know) Vita games don't have those.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#59 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

Does anyone know if Amazon is...finicky when it comes to trading in Vita games? $18.90 for Uncharted: Golden Abyss looks like the best value I can get right now ($12 base at GS, $3 base at BBY), but I'm curious as to whether Amazon will downgrade it to Acceptable on the basis that it's missing the instruction booklet when (as we all know) Vita games don't have those.

They've rejected one of my games out of ignorance. Just put a little stickie note inside your trade in where the manual should be saying "Hello, Vita games don't have manuals. Thanks."

You'll be fine.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#60 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

Tracker is back.

Daily tracker is fucked up from what I can tell.