Amazon Trade-In FAQ 5.0

• Please log in to reply
9221 replies to this topic

#871 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

Hey you guys, how do you use the promotion credit $20 from trade-in?

#872 WTFD4V1D

WTFD4V1D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

Hey you guys, how do you use the promotion credit $20 from trade-in?

When you go check out, the payment page should show promo credit being applied to your order.

#873 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:29 AM

When you go check out, the payment page should show promo credit being applied to your order.

I see. What do you order btw?

#874 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

I see. What do you order btw?

Just pre-order any game

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#875 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

I'm almost certain that I read "missing barcode" disqualifies something, but I did receive that HeartGold with the "Not for Resale" in place of the barcode, so it may work.

It's a risk, though.

Oh, and I still haven't sent that back, but I will tell you when I do. I'll even give you my tracking number.

This is probably what you're thinking of, from under Not Acceptable Eligibility Criteria:

"Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale)"

See, now I'm a bit confused by that wording--if they had said "or is otherwise not marked for sale", then I would assume they wouldn't take a UPC-less game, but the copy of Injustice doesn't say anything in the way of "Not for Resale", nor is the game "marked not for sale" anywhere, so I don't know what to think. It just has a blank spot where the UPC would be. :\

Oh, and don't worry about the copy of HeartGold--it turns out I was wrong in which copy I was looking for (my sister already owns HeartGold, and we try to get separate versions each new generation), and I scored a complete copy of SoulSilver (sans Pokewalker, which I don't mind) at a VA Gamestop with the birthday coupon. I didn't pay tax because I paid with trade-in credit and VA GS stores don't tax on credit. :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Braid; Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#876 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

Yeah, that stuff is confusing.

I always thought that "marked for sale" means that it has a barcode or some other means of identifying it at a register.

Acceptable games don't even need inserts, so I don't know what that means.

#877 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

I suppose I could just include a note on the back saying that it should be accepted on the grounds that it's not marked "Not for Resale" anywhere and that the game would have been accepted in Acceptable condition which wouldn't have a UPC in the first place?

I wonder how much of a note I could fit on a sticky-note... :-k

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Braid; Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#878 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

If you buy something with promo credit and then cancel the order, is that correct that you lose your promo credit? A :ps3: Tomb Raider CE came back in stock and I grabbed it in the heat of the moment but I think I'll be able to get it cheaper down the road then $69.99.

EDIT: I guess since the TIV is $75.00, I can just send it right back and basically break even.

#879 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

I suppose I could just include a note on the back saying that it should be accepted on the grounds that it's not marked "Not for Resale" anywhere and that the game would have been accepted in Acceptable condition which wouldn't have a UPC in the first place?

I wonder how much of a note I could fit on a sticky-note... :-k

That might work. Use two sticky notes.

#880 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:49 AM

I'm not sure it is a true bundle. It was this price months ago and I traded them both in their normal different cases, art books, etc and received the $30.00 (could be YMMV of course).

All Pro is less than $3.00 at GS.

Huh, might be a gamble doing that.

Kind of want to try though. :lol:

#881 io

io

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:45 AM

If you buy something with promo credit and then cancel the order, is that correct that you lose your promo credit? A :ps3: Tomb Raider CE came back in stock and I grabbed it in the heat of the moment but I think I'll be able to get it cheaper down the road then $69.99.

EDIT: I guess since the TIV is $75.00, I can just send it right back and basically break even.

There's a good chance you will just lose it. On the other hand, it might post back to your account and still be useable up until the July 31st expiration date. That used to happen with the old ECA 10% off codes - if you canceled an order it would just apply to the next one you made. But these could work differently and we simply have no idea until someone tries it. I'm guessing that asking Amazon CS about it will result in several different answers as they probably don't even know for sure. That's why I'm thinking very carefully about the second game I want to order (on my wife's Amazon account - I got Animal Crossing New Leaf on my account already with the $20 off). There just isn't anything at all that I want to buy right now for $20 off so it pretty much has to be a preorder. I'm leaning towards Shin Megami Tensei IV for 3DS. Yeah, it is overpriced at $50, but Amazon has an exclusive preorder DLC code and that is a game that is likely to hold some value vs. a lot of other potential preorders. So even if I never get around to playing it (which is likely) I could resell/trade it later for something else.

#882 dorkyden

dorkyden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

they have accepted y trade in and i got the TIV in my acct. however i didnt get the $20 promo bonus yet. is that normal?

Join Perk and make easy Amazon credit 

Join Swagbucks and get up to $5 Amazon credit every 9 days! 

#883 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

they have accepted y trade in and i got the TIV in my acct. however i didnt get the $20 promo bonus yet. is that normal?

It does not show up under the balance. At least, it did/does not for me. Rather, I had to go to the checkout screen with a video game from Amazon (first party), in order for it to show up. Try that, if you have not done so. However, you do not need to necessarily buy something. I did not. Just go to the checkout screen.

#884 Tabe

Tabe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

FYI regarding the $20 promo:

My trade-in for Ni No Kuni ($32.95) and the $20 promo credit posted to my account yesterday. However, when I tried to order an item, the $20 did not show up (the $32.95 did). When I switched to a video game, the $20 showed up, so their system obviously thinks the promo applies only to video game items. That contradicts what four different Amazon reps have told me, however. I ended up having to call Amazon - twice - to get the $20 credit on my order but I did get it in the end. Actually, the second rep had to do a manual price adjustment on my item to push it through. So a bit of a hassle but worth it.

$53 credit for a game + return shipping, for a game I played for over 125 hours? Yeah, that's a good deal.

#885 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

The promo was intended for video games in the first place.

#886 wbc1228

wbc1228

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

My trade-in for Ni No Kuni ($32.95) and the $20 promo credit posted to my account yesterday. However, when I tried to order an item, the $20 did not show up (the $32.95 did). When I switched to a video game, the $20 showed up, so their system obviously thinks the promo applies only to video game items. That contradicts what four different Amazon reps have told me, however. I ended up having to call Amazon - twice - to get the $20 credit on my order but I did get it in the end. Actually, the second rep had to do a manual price adjustment on my item to push it through. So a bit of a hassle but worth it.

$53 credit for a game + return shipping, for a game I played for over 125 hours? Yeah, that's a good deal.

Amazon checkout system is correct, the credit was only supposed to be usable on "video games, consoles or accessories"
http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1001102761

#887 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Actually, the terms for the $20 promo clearly stated that it would be for video game purchases only. Apparently the 4 reps you cite were all wrong or mis-informed. Just wanted to put this up so more people don't experience your frustration.

edit: man, I'm slow.

#888 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

so you get a "free" $20 off your order? unless they removed the $20 gaming credit from your account as well

#889 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

As a heads-up to the people who locked-in the $14.15 TIV for the original Tomb Raider on PS1, the UPC that matches up with the right page is the one on the GH version, not the standard/black-label version.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#890 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

I ordered a copy of Tomb Raider to trade. I wonder what I'll get.

#891 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

I ordered a copy of Tomb Raider to trade. I wonder what I'll get.

I ordered two and got both kinds (one GH, one black-label). I think I'll just send the black-label one in disc-only or take out the package art with the UPC, since I'll still profit from the Acceptable value. Unlike my Injustice situation, I doubt a sticky note would prevent an "Incorrect Item" rejection reason when the UPC for the black-label version clearly results in this page, which has no trade-in option. :roll:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#892 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

As a heads-up to the people who locked-in the $14.15 TIV for the original Tomb Raider on PS1, the UPC that matches up with the right page is the one on the GH version, not the standard/black-label version.

Crap...

#893 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

Crap...

FYI, the Acceptable value was $9.90 at that time and there's no visible difference between the game discs for the GH and black-label versions. I don't mind taking the reduced amount, but obviously I can't speak for others.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#894 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

My option is to return.

#895 io

io

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

so you get a "free" $20 off your order? unless they removed the $20 gaming credit from your account as well

I'm guessing he got $20 off whatever non-game thing he ordered and still has the $20 bonus credit on video game on his account. I don't know why he would think the credit was supposed to work on anything else - that was pretty clear up front, no matter what any Amazon rep might have told him.

#896 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

My option is to return.

Yeah, there's that factor, as well. I only specified "Return" for one of the copies (made separate trades), so I'll send in the "worse" copy with the packing slip that has "Downgrade" chosen.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#897 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

Haha. I got Greatest Hits! I will ship this when I have time.

#898 ThusSpokeZarathustra

ThusSpokeZarathustra

No, I will not make out with you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

I just got my God of War Saga back from them that got rejected for having no manual, and now the case it cracked where it opens, and refuses to shut on one side. Gotta love amazon. Now if I send it back in, they'll refuse on the basis that the case is cracked. I think I'll just stick to buying stuff from them; not trading in.

#899 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

I just got my God of War Saga back from them that got rejected for having no manual, and now the case it cracked where it opens, and refuses to shut on one side. Gotta love amazon. Now if I send it back in, they'll refuse on the basis that the case is cracked. I think I'll just stick to buying stuff from them; not trading in.

Always, always, throw in a note that explains any reason that you could see why they would reject it. If like new requires a manual, but the game doesn't come with one, tell them. Leave as little room for an incorrect rejection as possible.

#900 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

If you buy something with promo credit and then cancel the order, is that correct that you lose your promo credit?

Nope, you get the promo credit back on your account. Tested and verified.