Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Be Italian.
Make own marinara for spaghetti.
Make own pizza with leftover sauce.

Get on my level.

Growing up in WI makes it all the worse.

My half brother played minor league baseball for a bit, and was on a team in Madison. My dad and I drove up there one summer to watch him play a few games. We showed up at the game at about 3PM on a Wednesday. The first thing I noticed was that businessmen men were there, and they had a a beer in each hand, driving that shit down like angry gods.

We went to my brother's foster home, and the Wisconsians gave us a gift basket full of cheeses, breads, sausages, dips, and other snacks. And it was ALL AMAZING.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#123 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Also, I'm hella addicted to Chicago style dogs now, and can't get a good hot dog in Philly to save my fucking life.

Chicago dogs are the best thing on earth, loved eating them while I lived there.
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#124 depascal22

depascal22

Daddy Fat Sacks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Great. Now, I'm hungry. Thanks for keeping it real, vs. thread.

#125 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

Let's change Moore's Law here: all political discussions should inevitably gravitate towards *food*.
Posted Image

#126 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

I always find your arguments interesting in the fact that they often don't need refuting. They seem to accomplish that on their own by being horribly ridiculous replies to nothing anyone has said.

:rofl:

#127 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

Damn, doh and RvB temp banned? Mods are coming down hard lately...
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#128 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

Damn, doh and RvB temp banned? Mods are coming down hard lately...

That must have just happened. Surprised since vs. is pretty lenient.

#129 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

So it looks like the company that runs Red Lobster and Olive Garden are backing down from anti-Healthcare policies after they realized it was causing a decrease in sales. When will these greedy bastards realize that the majority of Americans think healthcare is something every person deserves, especially those that work full-time. As long as the public continues to vote with their wallet these corporations will have to bend to the will of the people or be replaced by companies that value human dignity.

http://finance.yahoo...-200230971.html
Posted Image

#130 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

So it looks like the company that runs Red Lobster and Olive Garden are backing down from anti-Healthcare policies after they realized it was causing a decrease in sales. When will these greedy bastards realize that the majority of Americans think healthcare is something every person deserves, especially those that work full-time. As long as the public continues to vote with their wallet these corporations will have to bend to the will of the people or be replaced by companies that value human dignity.

http://finance.yahoo...-200230971.html

:applause:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#131 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

I'd love to see those data. I don't picture the Red Lobster/Olive Garden demographic as being politically interested in the well being of the employees. I see them much like some of the anti-laborer rhetoric on the Wal-Mart Black Friday strike thread here on CAG - utter disdain and scorn for employees who stand up for reasonable working conditions because it might get in the way of a deal on an LCD television.

Clearly I'm wrong.
Posted Image

#132 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

You have to love this snippet:

The move will come just two days after the company lowered its profit outlook for the year, citing failed promotions and negative publicity from its tests that used more part-time employees.

So they admit to failing promotions, but the real problem is ACA. They aren't losing money because they fucked up, nah it was that black dude in that white house, who made them perform these tests.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#133 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

First, they came for my health care.

Next, they came for my unlimited salad and breadsticks.
Posted Image

#134 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Olive Garden should probably blame their atrocious food as well.

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#135 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Seriously, Olive Garden is basically the Papa John's of Italian food.:lol:

Most of that shit is just reheated from pre-made dishes of food. You know who else does that? Fazoli's, but at least they aren't pretending it's gourmet food.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#136 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

Now y'all are just snobs of the highest order. You're like liberal elites and stuff if you don't dine at Cracker Barrel and Olive Garden.
Posted Image

#137 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

With so many good local Italian places I'd be and idiot if I went to olive garden.

#138 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

If you ever talk to people who work in the food industry, you start seeing restaurants in a new light. Not McDonald's and such, but even sit down places.

I've yet to run into someone who claims that Cheesecake Factory is bad. I finally went there out of pure curiosity and it was fucking awful. They have a gigantic menu, and it was suggested to me that "There is no way they can cook all of this food fresh. I'm positive it's all reheated frozen premade crap." And that's EXACTLY what it tasted like. So now I'm super wary about any place I go to for food, because there's this new level of perception applied.

I seriously can't even name restaurants I'd be jazzed to go to anymore, except for a small slice of places in Austin that are seriously amazing.

Posted Image

#139 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Now y'all are just snobs of the highest order. You're like liberal elites and stuff if you don't dine at Cracker Barrel and Olive Garden.

See post 122, honky.

Posted Image

#140 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

I seriously can't even name restaurants I'd be jazzed to go to anymore, except for a small slice of places in Austin that are seriously amazing.

I ate fuckin' awesome in Austin this summer. Ate and drank my way through the warehouse district and then...6th street? I don't remember, but it involved Latino drag queens and loads of Lone Star.

"Name" restauarants are the sort of thing I'll do (a) at an airport or (b) on the road. Even when I'm in "fuck it, I just put in a 15 hour day" mode, I'll still make something at home. I don't eat fast food unless (a) or (b) happen. I'll have McD's like 4-5 times per year. Haven't had Taco Bell in 4+ years, there's a ton of places I've never eaten that people are incredulous. "What do you mean you've never eaten Sonic?"

When I go home for Christmas I'll eat a *ton* of Skyline Chili. That's about it in terms of going out of my way for fast food. Sit down meals? Not a fucking chance. Unemployment was around 4% the last time I went to an Olive Garden. Legit.

See post 122, honky.

Cooking has a liberal bias. If you're not using a microwave, you hate America.
Posted Image

#141 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Do you know how much of a pain in the ass it is to get to downtown Austin? I.e., where all the cool shit is? The highways are ridiculous here, and have AT LEAST two less-than-needed lanes. It's annoying beyond belief and keeps me far away from that area. Everything is croweded around Sixth Street and downtown in general, but don't even try heading there after 5 unless you have a damn good reason and/or can commit to at least an hour of slow ass traffic.

There IS a badass new ramen place, and I finally found a good Vietnamese place with some simple, easy charbroiled beef and rice. There's a bahn mi right next to that I still need to check out. Between those three I could eat for months and never get tired of them. Sadly the ramen place has a line out the door every night, and if you aren't in it by 7, you run a high risk of them running out of broth.

Thankfully these are very close, in the north "You're not really in Austin" Austin, which is another story.

Posted Image

#142 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Oh, I was staying a few blocks away (Radisson? I honestly don't recall. Near the intersection of Chavez and...Congress?), so I walked/skated everywhere. Except when hammered. No skating and drinking.

6th Street is a pretty top shelf (not literally, because I mostly drank $2 Lone Stars and pilfered people's wooden nickels for beers at the Jackelope) place to go. Fun, fun, FUNNNN.

I also dug the Lustre Pearl, which is just around the way from Chavez.
Posted Image

#143 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

ALSO, Austin drivers are TERRIBLE. They are the most paranoid slow as turtle shitting molasses motherfuckers in the WORLD. It is INFURIATING.

If you are on a highway - a FUCKING HIGHWAY - and there is a cop ANYWHERE near it, Austin drivers will get out and push their cars, I swear to god. He's off with whichever poor bastard he's flagged down, 400 yards away in the Walmart parking lot, and Austin drivers instantly set speed to sloth. There's an uber-absolute less-than-zero chance of him busting some heads on the highway, and yet the drivers still go to dead speed.

So even if you had the luck to not have traffic, you've still got these drivers to contend with, who seriously must be seeing the limit signs and instantly dividing by two, or zero, whichever results in my blood boiling faster.

If you go to Houston, everyone drives fast. I have a theory that Houston is entirely populated by nothing but pissed off Austinites.

If you go to Dallas, everyone drives fast, and like a fuckhead. So the theory goes that Dallas is entirely populated by nothing but pissed off Houstonarians.

Posted Image

#144 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

If you ever talk to people who work in the food industry, you start seeing restaurants in a new light. Not McDonald's and such, but even sit down places.

I've yet to run into someone who claims that Cheesecake Factory is bad. I finally went there out of pure curiosity and it was fucking awful. They have a gigantic menu, and it was suggested to me that "There is no way they can cook all of this food fresh. I'm positive it's all reheated frozen premade crap." And that's EXACTLY what it tasted like. So now I'm super wary about any place I go to for food, because there's this new level of perception applied.

Check this review of GuyFieri's NYC restaurant, hilarious.

Did panic grip your soul as you stared into the whirling hypno wheel of the menu, where adjectives and nouns spin in a crazy vortex? When you saw the burger described as “Guy’s Pat LaFrieda custom blend, all-natural Creekstone Farm Black Angus beef patty, LTOP (lettuce, tomato, onion + pickle), SMC (super-melty-cheese) and a slathering of Donkey Sauce on garlic-buttered brioche,” did your mind touch the void for a minute?
What exactly about a small salad with four or five miniature croutons makes Guy’s Famous Big Bite Caesar (a) big (b) famous or © Guy’s, in any meaningful sense?

More gems here:
http://www.nytimes.c...mes-square.html

FYI Times Square restaurants are largely for tourists, complete with overpriced drinks and terrible food. There are a few ok spots but they aren't going to be tied in with celeb chefs or famous movies.

#145 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Times Square ≠ New York. I loathe everything about Guy Fieri, but piling on the dude for putting together a shitshow restaurant in Times Square? Poor form.
Posted Image

#146 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Having never been myself, I seem to remember watching some show about NY history, and them mentioning that Times Square used to be really shady. Sounded like that was the fun Times Square lol. But yeah, tourist spots are always like that. Go up to the Gatlinburg area in east TN, same thing. you have to get out of the main tourist areas for the best food. Found this little British pub once that had incredible thing which I cannot remember the name of. Was beef and gravy in this flaky puff pastry thing, kinda like beef wellington.

edit- And dammit I'm hungry now.:bomb:

#147 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Was beef and gravy in this flaky puff pastry thing, kinda like beef wellington.

Yorkshire pudding?

Also, *great* comparison. Times Square is Gatlingburg minus the solo ski lift. It's a fascinating place to walk down once, but I didn't stop walking until we hit Grand Central Terminal.
Posted Image

#148 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

Nah, this actually had beef, and maybe some vegetables in it. I'd say it was almost like a beef pot pie, but was wrapped up in the dough rather than in a pie.

But yeah, I'd say almost all tourist places are like that. You have the older area, hopefully still there, but the new touristy stuff is front and center. The artisan trail in Gatlinburg is still there, but it's in the older more run down looking area of town, lots of fun to drive through though. Most are set up in little villages.

#149 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Times Square ≠ New York. I loathe everything about Guy Fieri, but piling on the dude for putting together a shitshow restaurant in Times Square? Poor form.

I saw this elitist attitude alot in the comments section, but why do tourists deserve to eat shitty food just because they get hungry while visiting Times Square?

Did you read the article, this isn't a mediocre Southern restaurant, it's an abomination.

#150 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

I'd love to see those data. I don't picture the Red Lobster/Olive Garden demographic as being politically interested in the well being of the employees. I see them much like some of the anti-laborer rhetoric on the Wal-Mart Black Friday strike thread here on CAG - utter disdain and scorn for employees who stand up for reasonable working conditions because it might get in the way of a deal on an LCD television.

Clearly I'm wrong.

You are. :) I actually love Red Lobster, Olive Garden is okay on occasion. I think you meant places like Sizzler, or Old Country Buffet.
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.