Photo
- - - - -

Reward Zone Premier Silver - Double Points on Wednesdays thru 2012

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#31 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

If you have a BB credit card, you can use that credit card to buy things and it's very easy to reach $2500 requirement (you pay your bills and buy groceries etc.). After $2500 requirement, you can stop use that card and you're Silver for the year, it's really that simple. People tend to take your post negatively because you don't even bother to see how easy it is to rake in the benefits... Silver members get free shipping, that's one cool perk if you ask me.

I have no doubts on the good deals you get for being Silver. You also get 60 days to PM and return things, so it's a great perk. But on the other hand, it's still not easy to reach the requirement.

#32 Gigerall

Gigerall

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

When I received the offer I claimed it and printed out the page that had the barcode on it. I took it into Best Buy last Wednesday, and the cashier wouldn't scan it. He compared the number on it to my Reward Zone card, said it was the same and he didn't need to scan it.

I only made a small 14.99 purchase. Currently my pending points for that transaction is 14. So I don't know if it worked or not.

I'm going to try again in a couple of days, to see if it even works and if it works multiple Wednesdays. There are items I want anyway so Double Points isn't a make-or-break deal in this case.

#33 RespectTheChemistry

RespectTheChemistry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

I have no doubts on the good deals you get for being Silver. You also get 60 days to PM and return things, so it's a great perk. But on the other hand, it's still not easy to reach the requirement.

It's not easy to spend $2500 on a credit card within a calendar year? I don't know what your budget/income and whatnot is, but that can easily be done with groceries alone, no?

#34 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

When I received the offer I claimed it and printed out the page that had the barcode on it. I took it into Best Buy last Wednesday, and the cashier wouldn't scan it. He compared the number on it to my Reward Zone card, said it was the same and he didn't need to scan it.

I only made a small 14.99 purchase. Currently my pending points for that transaction is 14. So I don't know if it worked or not.

I'm going to try again in a couple of days, to see if it even works and if it works multiple Wednesdays. There are items I want anyway so Double Points isn't a make-or-break deal in this case.

these type of points promos do show once they show as pending on your account so if they aren't showing then you didn't get them

call customer service

#35 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

It's not easy to spend $2500 on a credit card within a calendar year? I don't know what your budget/income and whatnot is, but that can easily be done with groceries alone, no?

I don't think i can get approved for their credit card.

#36 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

I don't think i can get approved for their credit card.

One way is to buy giftcards for the phone company you use, basically paying your phone bill at best buy. Another is to buy the visa giftcards that your can use anywhere.

#37 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:41 AM

A lot of CAGs including myself were upgraded to Silver status earlier without spending $2500 a year.

Terrible that this double points offer is a one-time offer, not every Wednesday.
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#38 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

Looking at the wording, I would think that this does work every Wednesday. The offer can only be redeemed/claimed once but the offer itself includes multiple Wednesdays.

#39 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

Let me see if i read this right: You get a one time 2x point purchase on any Wednesday only if you redeem the coupon and hand it in.. AND its only in store.. is that right?

What a friggin worthless reward. Most of my purchases the past week or so were online, and the few that were in store are no longer on sale either.

I considered taking them in and return/rebuying them on a Wednesday, but then i wouldn't get the prices I originally payed... seriously, am I missing something? I read it twice but it seems thats how it works. A single use coupon you print out that can only be done on a single Wednesday, and ONLY in store. Can someone clarify this. It may mean that it works for every Wednesday which is slightly better, but even then its still quite weak.

You are reading it wrong.

It's every Wednesday. Per the offer page: "Wednesdays are more rewarding". That's plural. And later "you get 2X points on all in-store purchases made on Wednesdays, now through 12/26/12". Again, plural. After you claim your reward, all you're really doing is printing off your member #. "Reward Zone member number or claim coupon must be presented at time of purchase"

"Cashier Instructions: 1) Scan member number barcode below or look up member. 2) Scan qualifying product UPC(s) and all other product(s) being sold. 3) Press total."

You are right though, it's in-store only. Basically, if you are a silver member, you may as well claim this offer ASAP no matter if you decide to shop on Wednesdays or not.

#40 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

I suppose I overreacted a little. But it's kind of ridiculous expecting us to spend $2500 a year at Best Buy. I'm not bitter, I just find it to be a rather stupid requirement.

I didn't see anything about that in other threads. How do you get Silver status so easily?

$2500 is so very easy since BB themselves allows u to turn all of ur purchases from anyplace that accepts visa into a "bestbuy" purchase. Say u have a cell phone bill which is $100/month thus $1200/yr. Buy a pre-paid visa & pay it ur halfway way to silver status right there. $200/month $2400/yr car insurance puts u within $100 of silver status on just 1 bill. Points earned thru trades count towards silver status as well.
There's a $6 fee but ur earning points on the full $206 purchase already & once ur silver that fee is negated by the RZ points earned.

Also, $2500 isn't really that big of a deal from BB's standpoint(although each persons ability to spend is different based on of ton of factors) since it's geared towards people who would be spending more generally. $50/week is the break down so 2 blu rays, 2 dads a week, larger items mixed in thru the yr, an @gamer sub, cheap games gets u there quite easily. Add in some purchases from friends who don't care & done deal.

#41 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

Trying to figure this out too. So last week I had to go to two stores to get movies since each store had different inventory. Spent over $100 specifically for the double points but in multiple transactions.

Also, I have a best buy credit card and automatically get double points without doing anything. I checked my pending points and see nothing mentioning the Wednesday off so I assume I'll have to call customer service to get my 2x points.

#42 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

Trying to figure this out too. So last week I had to go to two stores to get movies since each store had different inventory. Spent over $100 specifically for the double points but in multiple transactions.

Also, I have a best buy credit card and automatically get double points without doing anything. I checked my pending points and see nothing mentioning the Wednesday off so I assume I'll have to call customer service to get my 2x points.

Did you ‘claim’ the offer ahead of time?

#43 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

I bought a Wii U yesterday, so I am interested to see if I actually get the 2X points, the store reps were pretty confused when I presented them the coupon.

#44 gossamer

gossamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Has anyone had the site change from claim this offer to offer claimed? I've clicked it on different days, but every time I check again, it still says to claim this offer. I have no idea if I would get double points or not, since it seems like it isn't going through.

#45 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

I can still claim it from the detailed page, but on the overall offers page, it states that I have claimed it with a green check.

#46 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

I bought a laptop last Wednesday and there's no mention of it on the RZ website transaction. Looks like I'll be calling CS when I have the time.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#47 gossamer

gossamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

I can still claim it from the detailed page, but on the overall offers page, it states that I have claimed it with a green check.

Thanks. Now I see it marked.

#48 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

Maybe someone can clear this up for me.

Let's say I was buying a 3DS at $169.99.

I would obviously get 169 points.

Now I'm also a Best Buy Credit Card User, so I would get 2 points for every $1 spent, so I'd actually get double that, which is 338.

If I were to buy one Wednesday, I'd get double points as well?

So it'd be 169 (Original) + 169 (Credit Card Bonus + 169 (Wednesday): 507 total

Is that correct? Or am I missing a bonus somewhere? I assuming I wouldn't get the 25% premier silver bonus as the Wednesday one would be overriding it?

#49 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

great deal but I use GCs and RZ certs / Shopkick certs so I won't get points :/ what a shame!
thanks anyways

#50 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

Looking to buy a TV..guess I'll do it on a Wed.

#51 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

great deal but I use GCs and RZ certs / Shopkick certs so I won't get points :/ what a shame!
thanks anyways

U can convert the gc to pre-paid visa then buy walmart gc's to convert into walmart pre-paid visa which earn points again. Factor in $10 in fees but if u have tons of credit the promos make it work

#52 WilsonWade

WilsonWade

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

I bought a Wii U yesterday, so I am interested to see if I actually get the 2X points, the store reps were pretty confused when I presented them the coupon.

it's a common thing with cashiers. can't blame them, it's management.

#53 WilsonWade

WilsonWade

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

I'm a RZ Silver. No BB Credit Card. anyway, I plan on getting the blue 3ds xl on wednesday..

199 points for the XL
199 for the double for games
398 for the 2x points promo

so will i end up with 796 points, plus the bonus 25% ???

#54 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

I'm a RZ Silver. No BB Credit Card. anyway, I plan on getting the blue 3ds xl on wednesday..

199 points for the XL
199 for the double for games
398 for the 2x points promo

so will i end up with 796 points, plus the bonus 25% ???

I don't think the double points on gaming works on hardware, just on software.

#55 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

I've read in the thread that the coupon is just your reward zone #? So do I actually need to use it or am I good as long as I clicked "claim" on the website?

#56 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

I've read in the thread that the coupon is just your reward zone #? So do I actually need to use it or am I good as long as I clicked "claim" on the website?

You should be. The fine print says "Cashier Instructions: 1) Scan member number barcode below or look up member."

#57 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

It's not clear if this can be used more than once.. it says limit 1 time offer per customer..

is that one time per week or 1 time forever?? it's not clear

#58 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Made a purchase last night and had the cashier scan the coupon.

Don't see anything on my receipt specifically mentioning double points. Here's hoping it worked.

#59 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

FWIW, I called up RZ and asked about the double points for this not showing on my pending points transactions. They said that because it's a promotion and not a coupon, that it won't show up until the points post. I'm watching my first Wed purchase like a hawk to see if it posts with double points or not.

#60 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

Did you ‘claim’ the offer ahead of time?

Yes.

FWIW, I called up RZ and asked about the double points for this not showing on my pending points transactions. They said that because it's a promotion and not a coupon, that it won't show up until the points post. I'm watching my first Wed purchase like a hawk to see if it posts with double points or not.

That's what I'm going to do as well, wait it out.