Photo
- - - - -

NewEgg Black Friday Sale is Live! (2nd Wave of deals are Live!)

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#31 vince726

vince726

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

does anyone know if in the ad for tomorow that the Polk speakers are speakers for a Receiver.. I didnt realize that Newegg sold Speakers..Thanks...

#32 ctrek3

ctrek3

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

does anyone know if in the ad for tomorow that the Polk speakers are speakers for a Receiver.. I didnt realize that Newegg sold Speakers..Thanks...

yes those are for a receiver
Posted Image

#33 vince726

vince726

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

thanks..

#34 Flesseck

Flesseck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

I don't really NEED a new SSD, but for $50 I suppose my old laptop could use the performance boost :)

How are you going to set it up for your laptop? Are you going to install within the enclosure or can you have it externally?

#35 BJownes

BJownes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Got 2 of those SSDs running in RAID0 on my new PC. Amazing drives, and $50 is a crazy deal.
[adult swim]

#36 hostyl1

hostyl1

Can do this all day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

Maybe, but they shouldn't. It's an off brand, and only 120GB.

OCZ is "an off brand" now? Granted, I only know of the brand from system memory (i.e. RAM), but it had a good reputation then. Now that they focus primarily on SSDs, I would *think* that they would have similar quality. Do you have specific reports otherwise?
Posted Image

#37 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

Just a heads up, there's some issues with those Vertex 3 SSDs due to the SandForce controller. A lot of people get freezes and BSODs.

ostzsk.jpg

#38 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

Thanks for posting. I've been hoping that newegg would have the 250GB 360 bundle for $200, and sure enough, there it is. I'm definitely in for that. Now I just hope they have a good Diablo 3 deal.

This for the Xbox 360, and with 3 day free shipping and no tax, this is the best deal I could find for the 250 GB Xbox 360. And since Newegg is pretty much low profile in comparison to Best Buy, it should be no problem getting one (knock on wood, of course).
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#39 mewman13

mewman13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

I have a question about SSDs in general. I have a PC that has a 1TB HDD partitioned with 500GB for games and 500GB for programs and windows. How easy is it to switch to an SSD for those programs and OS? And how would that change my overall system performance?

#40 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

I have a question about SSDs in general. I have a PC that has a 1TB HDD partitioned with 500GB for games and 500GB for programs and windows. How easy is it to switch to an SSD for those programs and OS? And how would that change my overall system performance?

The perfomance difference will be significant. Figure an average 7200rpm HDD runs at about 100mb/s (more or less depending on where the data is located and its fragmentation), while as that SSD runs at 5x that. So figure you can boot/load everything at about 5x the speed you do right now.

#41 hashiriya1

hashiriya1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

Too bad the TV is a Samsung otherwise I'd be on it.

#42 spiderman4657

spiderman4657

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

Is that a good deal on the 40 inch samsung? My dad really wants one and this is the first one of that model that I have seen for black friday.

#43 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

umm.. what? Did I miss something? Last time i checked Samsung made some pretty decent TV's.

Is that a good deal on the 40 inch samsung? My dad really wants one and this is the first one of that model that I have seen for black friday.

No idea. They dont list model numbers for some reason so you cant really check on it.
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#44 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

No idea. They dont list model numbers for some reason so you cant really check on it.

http://www.newegg.co...&Tpk=89-102-693

You can search it up by item number.

Edit: Looks like the sale is live for both of the samsung hdtvs.

Edit: Posted Image

I just double checked the email I got and it does say sales could go live earlier. I checked the item numbers on the xbox and ssd drive which are not live yet. If you see something you want, punch in the item number on newegg's website search bar and compare the BF sneak peak AD's prices to see if they are live. As of right now the Samsung HDTVs and that Samsung monitor the sale prices are active.

#45 Ralph444

Ralph444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

I have that OCZ hard drive..... Bought it for $120...

My laptop sometimes freezes and completely stops responding.

But overall... it was still worth it because start up times are around 7 seconds.

It IS a problematic SSD. But the price is pretty nice.

#46 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

I have a great SSD in my laptop, and I'm building a computer this BF, so the plan is to get this cheap one and put it in my laptop so my new build can have the good one. I think it'll work for that, and if it fails, nothing huge will be lost.

#47 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

Newegg related, has anyone's Wii U Pro Controller shipped yet? It's still in pre-release status it shows for me. Thought the controllers were out everywhere. *shrugs*

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#48 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

Oh, also, I got one of these for my computer at work a few months ago. No problems so far.

#49 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

Samsung is great...

#50 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

Newegg related, has anyone's Wii U Pro Controller shipped yet? It's still in pre-release status it shows for me. Thought the controllers were out everywhere. *shrugs*

If you have a TRU flyer from this past Sunday, there is a 20% off coupon on the front that works with accessories. I used it to get my Pro Controller for $39.99 + tax. I had a newegg preorder for $37.99, but was getting impatient, so I decided to spend the extra few bucks. May be worth checking out.
\\:D/

#51 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Samsung is great...

In some ways, yes. In others, no.

I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 that's awesome. No problems and it's a fantastic tablet.

Anyone that's owned a Samsung DLP in the past 5 years may have a different opinion, though. I have a 50" DLP with LED light source (no bulb) and the DLP engine on my TV and almost every other Samsung is prone to displaying white dots like a starfield on your screen. Samsung has picked and chosen which models they will and will not cover expenses. In addition, my TV was recalled because they used junk capacitors. Even though I am a registered Samsung owner with a model explicitly part of the recall, Samsung never even notified me. I didn't find out about the recall until I had the white dot issue and inadvertently learned about the recall while researching. I could go on and on, but bottom line for me is that Samsung customer service blows and I steer clear of their products now.

On topic: I'm interested in the SSD. I have an SSD at work and it makes a huge difference. I have a Corsair and the controller does occasionally freeze for about 15-20 seconds, but otherwise performance is amazing.
Posted Image

#52 Duetschbag

Duetschbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Wish I wouldn't have just purchased so many upgrades for my home network. Would definitely have been in for 2 of those Polk tower speakers to start my surround setup.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#53 JLukas

JLukas

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

Last Black Friday (and the year before that, too, IIRC) there were huge rebates on the Intel SSDs, maybe they'll do it again this year. If so, that's a MUCH better option than the OCZ even if you have to deal with the rebate.

#54 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

My most wanted PC item right now would be a new blu-ray burner for backups. Hoping to get one for $50 or less as that's the magic price point I've been holding out for for a while now.

#55 GTZ_NSR

GTZ_NSR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

I just got one of those SSDs about a month ago and have been pretty pleased. The drives Read/Write speeds are noticeably slower than my Curcial M4 drives, but you can't go wrong at $50 :D I'll try to snag a couple extra for laptops.

#56 lifebenders

lifebenders

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

Guys, has the $200 xbox360 expired or maybe they're reserving it for later?

#57 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

OCZ is "an off brand" now? Granted, I only know of the brand from system memory (i.e. RAM), but it had a good reputation then. Now that they focus primarily on SSDs, I would *think* that they would have similar quality. Do you have specific reports otherwise?

The post below yours. Only Sandforce drive I'd consider are the ones made by Intel, who do their own firmware for them and spent a full year fixing Sandforce for their own drives.

Intel and Crucial/Micron are safe...everything else....

Like I said, Samsung is probably okay too, but actually costs MORE for some reason, and doesn't handle fragmentation as well. If it was significantly cheaper it might be okay...
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#58 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

Samsung is great...

Their TV's are good but they have active shutter 3D and I need passive 3D.

#59 Saablic

Saablic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

In some ways, yes. In others, no.

I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 that's awesome. No problems and it's a fantastic tablet.

Anyone that's owned a Samsung DLP in the past 5 years may have a different opinion, though. I have a 50" DLP with LED light source (no bulb) and the DLP engine on my TV and almost every other Samsung is prone to displaying white dots like a starfield on your screen. Samsung has picked and chosen which models they will and will not cover expenses. In addition, my TV was recalled because they used junk capacitors. Even though I am a registered Samsung owner with a model explicitly part of the recall, Samsung never even notified me. I didn't find out about the recall until I had the white dot issue and inadvertently learned about the recall while researching. I could go on and on, but bottom line for me is that Samsung customer service blows and I steer clear of their products now.

Your problem was that you got a DLP TV! I kid, I kid.

I personally dislike DLP TVs but he is right Samsung is hit and miss in the TV world. Some are quite good but others have known issues. I haven't looked into getting a TV for over a year now but their super slim LED ones had poor picture quality and some of their plasmas had wide spread buzzing issues. So I advise doing some research, which really anyone should be doing in any case.

#60 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

I wish we had more of a list of what is going on sale. *needs to buy a video card*.

I have to know if it's worth changing my plans to be here at four.

Posted Image

Posted Image