PS Vita 3G $199.99 with 2 free games AT&T 11/30

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#31 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

The real $50 difference in savings is 3G. YMMV i'd say. For most, that is not worth even close to $50, which is why the 3G isn't selling.

Exactly. No one was buying the 3G bundle at full price. However, before these BF deals started people were actually buying the AC3 bundle at MSRP because it was the best deal available.

No, sorry guys but it really isn't a better value. If you were to buy the Vita bundle at full price ($250 for Vita, AC3, and 4 gig stick), three months of Plus ($18), and All-Stars ($40) you'd be paying $308. You paid $180, a savings of $128.

With this bundle you are getting a 3G Vita ($300 and 8 gig stick), two games (up to $40 each depending on what you choose) for a total cost of $380. You pay $199, a savings of $181.

Yes Uncharted and Wipeout are free with PS Plus, but that's only as long as you maintain a paid subscription ($50 a year at the cheapest), and there's no guarantee that those games will remain available forever (which they haven't in the past).

The problem with that is.. if you're basing it on the MSRP values for each bundle, the AC3 bundle is a better deal to begin with. Hardly anyone is going to use 3G, and many will be upgrading the 8gb card. 8gb is enough if you're ok with keeping just a few games on the card, and swapping them out whenever you need to.. but you'll probably be upgrading if you buy a lot of stuff off of PSN.

Yes, you won't keep the free PS+ games permanently if you don't keep your subscription, but TBH 3 months of PS+ is more than enough time to finish or play through Uncharted and Wipeout extensively. Not only that, but many CAGs got a crap ton of free PS+ codes from IGN recently. The game choices from the 3G Vita bundle don't seem so great, the best choice if you already have PS+ is probably Hot Shots Golf which is consistently cheap..

#32 Dragonyeuw

Dragonyeuw

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

This bundle costs $20 more (and includes tax), so it pretty much nullifies the advantage of getting an 8gb card (which many will upgrade to a 16/32gb anyway). Hot Shots Golf and MLB 12 are the only games not available free via PS+ , and 3G is useless to anyone who doesnt want to pay for the plan. If you factor in all of that, the advantages are pretty minor.

The Amazon BF AC3 bundle came with 2 recent game releases, 3 months of PS+, an exclusive white color, and it was $20 cheaper. I think the main advantage of this deal is the 3G.. which most of us won't use because the plans are fairly expensive for what you're getting out of it.

Not to forget the $10 coupon towards ACIII for ps3 or 360.

#33 Dragonyeuw

Dragonyeuw

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

No, sorry guys but it really isn't a better value. If you were to buy the Vita bundle at full price ($250 for Vita, AC3, and 4 gig stick), three months of Plus ($18), and All-Stars ($40) you'd be paying $308. You paid $180, a savings of $128.

With this bundle you are getting a 3G Vita ($300 and 8 gig stick), two games (up to $40 each depending on what you choose) for a total cost of $380. You pay $199, a savings of $181.

Yes Uncharted and Wipeout are free with PS Plus, but that's only as long as you maintain a paid subscription ($50 a year at the cheapest), and there's no guarantee that those games will remain available forever (which they haven't in the past).

I think this comes down to what features are more important to the consumer, than looking at it strictly in dollars and cents terms. I 'wanted' a white Vita so that has an intangible value, and I'm not interested in the 3G so that feature is worthless to me. The 4gb/8gb card thing is also irrelevant to me because in either case I'd be selling it to upgrade to 32. Of course the 8gb will fetch a little more but the AC bundle on BF was also $20 cheaper. Not to forget the $10 ACIII coupon, which is or isn't important depending on whether you want the game or not.

It really is a YMMV thing.....

#34 htz

htz

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

The 3G vita is really limited on its main functionality.
http://www.ign.com/a...limit-confirmed
You can't download anything over 20mb on 3G.

#35 Average Fury

Average Fury

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

The 3G vita is really limited on its main functionality.
http://www.ign.com/a...limit-confirmed
You can't download anything over 20mb on 3G.

Wow that's terrible. It's probably a better idea to eschew 3g entirely and just tether to your smartphone, provided your plan allows it, or if you happen to be using a ROM that allows you to.

#36 chopper731

chopper731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

What's the point of all the bickering about what deal is better? The Amazon BF bundle is long gone and this is an upcoming deal so if someone is looking for a vita this is a better deal because its the only one that's obtainable.

#37 FallenCow

FallenCow

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Anyone know if the online tracker is accurate? Every location within 25 miles of me is out of stock. Don't know if driving 1+ hours in afternoon traffic to get this is worth it.

#38 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

What's the point of all the bickering about what deal is better? The Amazon BF bundle is long gone and this is an upcoming deal so if someone is looking for a vita this is a better deal because its the only one that's obtainable.

until a time machine deal comes along. :lol:

#39 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

until a time machine deal comes along. :lol:

Sadly it wouldn't be allowed on here because it's not a "game" deal.

#40 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

STILL better deal than my VITA
I paid full 249.99
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#41 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Is it possible to price match this deal at Best Buy?

#42 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

Is it possible to price match this deal at Best Buy?

No, unless you get a real generous employee.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#43 MisterFleX

MisterFleX

Stranger Danger!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

I can also confirm this deal. Most stores would probably have 1-2 or nothing in stock. You can order it in store and have free shipping.

Edited by MisterFleX, 29 November 2012 - 06:37 PM.

#44 MisterFleX

MisterFleX

Stranger Danger!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

Anyone know if the online tracker is accurate? Every location within 25 miles of me is out of stock. Don't know if driving 1+ hours in afternoon traffic to get this is worth it.

It isn't accurate for the most part. Most maybe out of stock, but it was showing out of stock at stores that supposedly had it according to the in-store inventory system. Best bet would be to call the store or just order one in store.

#45 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

So what's the deal here? Is this a deal? Was this a deal?? And why can't people get this deal if it's real that it's a deal?
Posted Image

#46 MisterFleX

MisterFleX

Stranger Danger!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

So what's the deal here? Is this a deal? Was this a deal?? And why can't people get this deal if it's real that it's a deal?

Not sure if you are serious, but op stated it starts on 11/30. So deal is not live yet. It will be effective until Dec 31, while supplies last. Not sure if deal would be live online or in-store only.

#47 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

does the vita even have 3G anymore... i turned my vita on the other day and it said CONNECTION PROBLEMS .. the 3G does not even show up on the system anymore and i can only connect via wi fi only
WOOOO I STINK

#48 wolverine81

wolverine81

Mmm Mmm Bitch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

does the vita even have 3G anymore... i turned my vita on the other day and it said CONNECTION PROBLEMS .. the 3G does not even show up on the system anymore and i can only connect via wi fi only

As of looking at my vita right now, it has 3G full signal.

#49 Mdesilva

Mdesilva

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Do AT&T stores even have games? Can I price match this?

#50 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

it's a deal with the devil named AT&T for a handheld that's tanking. :P

PS Vita is pretty cool, but we all can admit sony is shooting itself in the foot with it's pricing and lack of a goof future lineup.
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#51 chopper731

chopper731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

PS Vita is pretty cool, but we all can admit sony is shooting itself in the foot with it's pricing and lack of a goof future lineup.

I agree with Att possibly being the devil but you comment about the Vita is outdated by about 9months. I remember when the ps3 was doomed because it was too expensive and had no games and then bluray was a failed format and dey took r jerbs.

#52 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

#53 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

How about "it doesn't matter, because a) the Amazon deal is over with anyway, and b) value is in the eye of the beholder"? I don't give a crap about 3G, ended up getting Uncharted for free anyway because of PS+ (don't care if it goes away if I let my sub lapse, I'll be done with it in 3 months anyway), and would rather personally have AC:L and PS All-Stars than any two of the remaining three games (of which one- Wipeout- I'll also get to play for free for 3 months).

If someone else really wanted a black Vita, 3G, Hot Shots Golf, MLB 12, etc., this one may be the better deal. That's okay, I won't lose any sleep over it.

To those who do get a Vita, enjoy it! It's an awesome system and I'm glad I got one, but equally glad I waited for an awesome deal in order to do so.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#54 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

I agree with Att possibly being the devil but you comment about the Vita is outdated by about 9months. I remember when the ps3 was doomed because it was too expensive and had no games and then bluray was a failed format and dey took r jerbs.

Agreed...the PSP was supposed to be doomed, too. Sure, it may have not done as well as hoped, but by the end of its life there were tons of really good games to play on it, which is the only thing that mattered to those who bought one. There are already plenty of good games to play on the Vita, and more will come as the user base expands.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#55 Jswanko

Jswanko

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

Deal is live online but it requires a data plan, no thanks

#56 GameSmacker

GameSmacker

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

Requires a 2 year data plan. Fail.

#57 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

Chat guy told me it doesn't require 2 year agreement. He said the 3G is month to month and I would just have to pay $199.99 + tax for the Vita today and would be charged $14.99 for the 250MB DataConnect Gaming data plan when I activate the device. Then I could cancel the service if I so choose and never have to pay for 3G again. I didn't pull the trigger; but if what he said is true, it's not that bad I guess.

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#58 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

How about "it doesn't matter, because a) the Amazon deal is over with anyway, and b) value is in the eye of the beholder"? I don't give a crap about 3G, ended up getting Uncharted for free anyway because of PS+ (don't care if it goes away if I let my sub lapse, I'll be done with it in 3 months anyway), and would rather personally have AC:L and PS All-Stars than any two of the remaining three games (of which one- Wipeout- I'll also get to play for free for 3 months).

If someone else really wanted a black Vita, 3G, Hot Shots Golf, MLB 12, etc., this one may be the better deal. That's okay, I won't lose any sleep over it.

To those who do get a Vita, enjoy it! It's an awesome system and I'm glad I got one, but equally glad I waited for an awesome deal in order to do so.

I'm in the same boat as you. I waited on a great deal to snag a Vita. I paid $200 for the 3G launch bundle during the summer, and never looked back. I've invested around $400 into my Vita, and it's definitely worth it. The inclusion of PS+ is icing on the cake.

#59 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

Man the requirement to get at least a month of data for $15 makes this deal even less appealing. I'm pretty sure the Vita only has month to month data. I told my friend about this since he missed out on the BF bundle(s). Seeing my vita now he wants one, and also a 3DS too I think.

$215 is an ok price for this bundle, but only if you forget about the BF deals.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#60 BloodiedWraith

BloodiedWraith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

In store it doesn't require the 1 month data plan as an FYI.