[Blockbuster] 50% games under $20 (YMMV?)

Paladinion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Blockbuster is doing a holiday promotion and selling games for 50% off that they sell pre-owned for $20 or less. Mine had a OK selection.

Games I saw:
Gears of War 3
Portal 2
Deus Ex: HR
Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy 13-2
Darkness 2
Dragon Age Origins

And a whole bunch more, nothing real recent. For 20 bucks I got Gears 3 and F13 FF13-2.
Went to another blockbuster and they had the same rack there with similar games.

EDIT:
Also they are offering Black ops 2 for Wii U, PS3, and 360 for $49.99 NEW

[quote name='Saix_XIII']My store also has 50% off those games as well, thought this was YMMV so didn't bother reporting it[/QUOTE]

I was debating not either but I needed something to do while my games installed lol.

I got one single game there, Over G Fighters in a generic case for $2.50...The freakin game had a burn ring and doesn't work.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I got one single game there, Over G Fighters in a generic case for $2.50...The freakin game had a burn ring and doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

All my disks were like 7/10...you could tell they were in a blockbuster but I only paid like 6 or 7 bucks a game so I was content.

[quote name='cancerman1120']What's Blockbuster?[/QUOTE]

that's awesome, I remember when BB was the King, now they are barely holding together. I went by my store at 11am, and they weren't even open yet, a few people were standing outside waiting but obviously someone forgot to set their alarm for 10am!

^ I hope nobody gets an unjustified late fee for trying to return their VHS rental of Driving Miss Daisy right on time...

[quote name='Kerig']^ I hope nobody gets an unjustified late fee for trying to return their VHS rental of Driving Miss Daisy right on time...[/QUOTE]

Make sure it's rewound or they'll also charge you a rewind fee.

Me and my roommate went up and he got Mass Effect 3 for $7.50 and I got Operation Flashpoint Red River for $10!

Other games for between $5 and $10 were:

Kirby Mass Attack
Legendary
NCAA 12
Syndicate
Batman Arkham City
Duke Nukem
Gears of War 3
Brink
Assassins Creed Revalations
The Darkness II

And more! It's defenitely worth it to stop up!

Went by my BBV, no sale that I could see and a bunch of sun faded covers. Did get a Kirby plushie though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live the middle of nowhere where dial up is still viable for some folks, and all 6 of our Blockbusters have been closed for over a year. How the hell do they stay in business anywhere else?

The sale is active untill January. It isnt advertised and they had to scan a barcode. I picked up two games to flip to Gamestop tommorow and one to keep. I got

:wii: cod mw3 for 9.99 (last reported base value at gs was 12$ in mid November)
:wii: Wii party for 7.50 (base value at Gamestop is 9$)
:ps3: ratchet and clank future tools of distruction for 5.00 (to keep)

If the cod tiv tanked a little bit ill just return it. Im also checking the tiv for crash mind over mutant for the Wii (have a good feeling about this one). With the bbv promo its 5$. oh and if anyone has a ps3 ass creed revelations at their bbv please let me know. Mabye my bbv has something that you are looking for and we can work out something :)

[quote name='Bosamba']Make sure it's rewound or they'll also charge you a rewind fee.[/QUOTE]

Be kind. Rewind. Lmao!:whistle2:#

In store only? Well I guess I'll run down to my local BB.... oh wait. I don't even think there's a BB in my state!

[quote name='strait edge follower']oh and if anyone has a ps3 ass creed revelations at their bbv please let me know. Mabye my bbv has something that you are looking for and we can work out something [/QUOTE]

I checked my local store and they had this sale as well. CSR said the sale would end 01/07/2012 so I don't think it's YMMV. I found (3) AC Revelations and was gonna grab two (one for me and ^^^) but the the worker couldn't find the discs, so I ended up with none unfortunately. I did pick up :ps3: Transformers: DOTM for $9.99.

Other games I saw:
:ps3: (prices before 50%)
Warhammer Space Marine $14.99
NCAA Football 12 $14.99
Cars 2 $17.99
Killzone 3 $14.99
Brink $7.99
Deus Ex $14.99
Syndicate $19.99
Captain America $19.99
Ico Collection $18.99
Batman AC $19.99
Shadows of the Damned $14.99

:360: (prices before 50%)
Mass Effect 3 $14.99
Crysis 2 $14.99
The Darkness II $19.99
Final Fantasy XIII-2 $18.99

I also saw haze for 3.99. aperently its one of the worst ps3 exclusive games. Is it really that bad ? For 2$ i should give it a try. If anything i could return it if i hate it lol

[quote name='strait edge follower']I also saw haze for 3.99. aperently its one of the worst ps3 exclusive games. Is it really that bad ? For 2$ i should give it a try. If anything i could return it if i hate it lol[/QUOTE]

Blockbuster doesn't really allow returns, only exchanges.

Amazingly there are still a couple BBV's around here. Might have to stop in and take a look.

Bummer I can't get on these deals

Only blockbuster i know is the one near my cousins in San Diego, most of the MA ones closed

I had two within walking distance grrrrr but it's RIP now

[quote name='strait edge follower']I also saw haze for 3.99. aperently its one of the worst ps3 exclusive games. Is it really that bad ? For 2$ i should give it a try. If anything i could return it if i hate it lol[/QUOTE]

The mechanics and graphics are fine. You will tire of the crappy AI. Its worth a few bucks.

[quote name='strait edge follower']When does this sale end ? The only blockbuster in Manhattan ny is down the block from me, go figure lol[/QUOTE]

The one in E Houston? Do they have anything worth buying left?

I chugged off to two local Blockbuster Videos today and they had quite a bit at 50% off. Picked up Batman Arkham City for $10, Transformers for $3.50, Kingdom of Fire Circle Of Doom for $5, ICO Collection for $10, Mindjack for $3.50,Operation Flashpoint for $8, Fear 3 for $10, Mass Effect 3 for for $7.50,, Final Fantasy XIII for $9.50, Deus Ex for $7 and LA Noire for $7.

[quote name='Dishinshoryuken']this person.....IS POWERFUL!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

:applause:

Everyone hates Mondays, hope he is able to do so.

[quote name='Meowser']I chugged off to two local Blockbuster Videos today and they had quite a bit at 50% off. Picked up Batman Arkham City for $10, Transformers for $3.50, Kingdom of Fire Circle Of Doom for $5, ICO Collection for $10, Mindjack for $3.50,Operation Flashpoint for $8, Fear 3 for $10, Mass Effect 3 for for $7.50,, Final Fantasy XIII for $9.50, Deus Ex for $7 and LA Noire for $7.[/QUOTE]

Nice haul!

Picked up Deus Ex and Alice Madness Returns for $7.50 each. They had quit a decent selection for cheap. I only went to 1 location, might check my other location out another time. I want Portal 2...

I asked about Portal 2 at the BB I went to because it was listed in the OP. The clerk showed me the computer screen and it was $29.XX, so it does not qualify for 50% off. Has anyone seen it for less than $20? Perhaps the computers needed to be updated at this store.

My store has the 50% off bin but they don't ring as 50% off ... the manager told me it's buy one, get one 50% off .. and that's the only barcode he had available to scan on the scan sheet.

The manager/cashier did it manually on mine. She asked me if I got them from the bin...which makes me believe I could of grabbed any used game and lied lol

Mine was manual as well. Got Final Fantasy 13-2 for 9.00, gears of war 3 for 10.00, mass effect 3 for 7.50 with a hopefully unused online pass and tatsunuko vs capcom for 5.00.

My store had ME3 and MW3 but were 29.99 or 34.99 on the sticker, were they just mispriced I wonder?

Grabbed shadows of the damned for ~$8.

My blockbuster has this too.

Eureka CA, titles included:
Batman Arkham City
Skyrim
Tekken X Street Fighter
Just Dance 4
The Gunstringer
Max Payne 3

All games were 50% off, but not all were under $20, even with the 50%

[quote name='superhippy1986']Anybody waiting for blockbuster to just go belly up already?[/QUOTE]

They already went belly up. They're just a part of Dish Network now. I personally don't care if they close up all the store or not, if I can still get a decent video game deal from time to time, I say keep 'em open. But they can't be making money at this point.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']They already went belly up. They're just a part of Dish Network now. I personally don't care if they close up all the store or not, if I can still get a decent video game deal from time to time, I say keep 'em open. But they can't be making money at this point.[/QUOTE]

Put the last nail in the coffin and sock it to me!!!!

[quote name='seanmcc']My store had ME3 and MW3 but were 29.99 or 34.99 on the sticker, were they just mispriced I wonder?

Grabbed shadows of the damned for ~$8.[/QUOTE]

Only the 360 me3 and wii mw3 are part of this.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']They already went belly up. They're just a part of Dish Network now. I personally don't care if they close up all the store or not, if I can still get a decent video game deal from time to time, I say keep 'em open. But they can't be making money at this point.[/QUOTE]

how i understand it its no longer a part of the dish network ... dish sold it off cause the blockbuster stock i own just went under a new name (called up my broker and they said Dish no longer owns it)

our last BB here closed up 2 months back (hell they even took all of the machines away)

[quote name='slidecage']how i understand it its no longer a part of the dish network ... dish sold it off cause the blockbuster stock i own just went under a new name (called up my broker and they said Dish no longer owns it)

our last BB here closed up 2 months back (hell they even took all of the machines away)[/QUOTE]

Prepare my fellow CAG's.. The storm is coming..

bread's done
Back