Photo
- - - - -

[Blockbuster] 50% games under $20 (YMMV?)

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 outkastx

outkastx

Deals R Us

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

Where can you get $22?

Blockbuster.

Anyone have a master list of games on clearance?

#62 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Blockbuster.

Anyone have a master list of games on clearance?

When did they start trade ins and just me they won't let you pay 7.50 and give you 22.

#63 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

They have always done trade ins and don't do it at the same time. Buy it in the morning and just take it back at night after the shift change and trade it in. You need to have an account to trade it in and the credit will just go to ur acct.

#64 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

I use to work there and we never did trade ins.

#65 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Me too and there was never a store that didn't do trade ins in my area. That was back when we have 12 stores in our area and now were down to 1. Lot of employees didn't know how to do it since they were so far and few between

#66 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Still find it hard their selling ME3 for $15 regular and will give $22 in credit. I'd be happy to get months worth of the combo pass for 16.

#67 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Hawaiiboy, can you use trade in credit towards PSN cards? I think the answer is no, but I wanted to make sure.

#68 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

Wow. Might have to pick up and trade in a couple copies of ME3. Then hopefully they have the Wii-U version of Black Ops 2 on sale for $49.99 like said in the OP. I'll probably go early tomorrow and see if they let me just buy them and trade them in.

Edited by jj5206, 05 December 2012 - 07:12 PM.

#69 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

Wow. Might have to pick up and trade in a couple copies of ME3. Then hopefully they have the Wii-U version of Black Ops 2 on sale for $49.99 like said in the OP. I'll probably go early tomorrow and see if they let me just buy them and trade them in.

I added that little bit because I actually purchased the Wii U version at Blockbuster for $49.99. There's a code they have to scan inside a promotions binder just like with this 50% off games promo. Only works on new versions of course.

#70 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

I just got back from a BBV I normally don't go to and they had a lot more games than my local store.

Grabbed :ps3: Alice Madness $14.99 ($7.49) :360: Dante's Inferno $9.99 ($4.99) and :ps3: Prototype $14.99 ($7.49)

When I got home and checked the cases, the CSR grabbed Prototype 2 instead of the original. Needless to say, I was happy :)

#71 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

Still find it hard their selling ME3 for $15 regular and will give $22 in credit. I'd be happy to get months worth of the combo pass for 16.

That does seem weird because they normally give 40% of the sale price as a trade value. They have been known to have crazy trade values (kinect adventures).

#72 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

How long is the 50% off games under $20 promotion lasting?

#73 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

I know we're joking here but from what people are reporting there is very little of any value here, especially since you're going to get a sun drenched case and a destroyed game.

#74 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

I know we're joking here but from what people are reporting there is very little of any value here, especially since you're going to get a sun drenched case and a destroyed game.

When they were running the 3 for 15 promo last year, nearly every disk I got was prestine.

#75 wusspuck

wusspuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

I have a bunch of dummies working around here, picked up 3-4 games to buy for 50% off, they told me there was no such promotion going on, she did pick up the phone and call another blockbuster and they told her that there was a sale on games on black friday. So do the games just scan at 50% off or do they need to scan a barcode to get the price adjustment? She scanned a game for me and it came up full price.. thx

#76 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

I have a bunch of dummies working around here, picked up 3-4 games to buy for 50% off, they told me there was no such promotion going on, she did pick up the phone and call another blockbuster and they told her that there was a sale on games on black friday. So do the games just scan at 50% off or do they need to scan a barcode to get the price adjustment? She scanned a game for me and it came up full price.. thx

There is a barcode they need to scan.

#77 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

Check around for the Orange Box. I found a 360 version marked 9.99.

#78 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

I use to work there and we never did trade ins.

im pretty sure it was just the stores that had a game rush or whatever they were called, basically it was suppose to be a gamestop like store run by blockbuster inside the blockbuster stores.

#79 kyrhon

kyrhon

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

I'm curious as to how long this promotion will last.

#80 fullmetalfan720

fullmetalfan720

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

im pretty sure it was just the stores that had a game rush or whatever they were called, basically it was suppose to be a gamestop like store run by blockbuster inside the blockbuster stores.

Nope. It was (and is!) nearly every Blockbuster. The problem is always that employees hardly ever do them and many don't know how to.
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
-Ben Franklin
The humblest citizen in all the land, when clad in the armor of a righteous cause, is stronger than all the hosts of error. - William Jennings Bryan

#81 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

Yeah they never spread the Game Rush stores to the East Coast but we all did trade ins.

I worked at BBV in 2008-2009. I traded in boat loads of games. This is back when Circuit City was still around. I remember one epic flip being Beowulf. They were like $4 new at CC and traded for near $20 at BBV.

Sadly just like CC, BBV memories are coming to an end. I miss the days, and just a few years ago, when we had 20+ BBV in our area. Drive around during the b1g1 and go nuts.

#82 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

blockbuster needs to come back to washington!
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image