FTL (Faster than Light) - $5.99

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

So from what I've read if I loved the Xcom Enemy Unknown because it was a turn based strategy game I will probably love this? Since it combines my love for indie games and turn based style. Deciding if I should wait for the winter sale or bite now haha.

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#62 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

It's just like 11 days till the winter sale, might as well wait unless you have absolutely nothing you want to play in your backlog or you want a non-steam copy.

Guardian_owl.png

#63 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

So from what I've read if I loved the Xcom Enemy Unknown because it was a turn based strategy game I will probably love this? Since it combines my love for indie games and turn based style. Deciding if I should wait for the winter sale or bite now haha.

It's not like XCOM at all, so I wouldn't buy it based on that comparison. This is more like a rogue-like dungeon crawler, but in space.

#64 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

And it's not turn based. It has action bars that fill with time (even if you can't see it, like shields).

Normal roguelikes are turn-based. It's like 2 hours to beat, if you can beat it. You're obviously not going to do it on the first try. Or maybe even first 50.

elessar123.png

#65 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

Sale on the dev website ends today!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#66 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

It can be a pretty difficult game and is so very random. FTL is a pretty fun game. When I mean random, I mean really random, like you might be destroyed in your very first fight, if you mismanage something and/or the enemy happens to have the best set of weapons matched against your starting gear.

My advice is unlike most games is to play on "Easy" first to get more scrap.

#67 donkeydrop

donkeydrop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

And it's not turn based. It has action bars that fill with time (even if you can't see it, like shields).

But you can pause to figure out your strategy, so you don't have to be a keyboard jockey to win.

#68 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Just felt the need to add to this (even though the SALE is over)...

I bought this game... I spent all weekend playing this game (the first 2 days were on Normal until I realized I was getting creamed)... let me tell you.. I beat the boss today on Easy and did a huge victory lap around my house.

I don't say that lightly. I don't tend to get emotionally involved into games. But I'll be damned if that ship was going to win again! I drew a line in the sand! And it was worth it. Even at full price (even though that goes against my CAG nature).

#69 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Just felt the need to add to this (even though the SALE is over)...

I bought this game... I spent all weekend playing this game (the first 2 days were on Normal until I realized I was getting creamed)... let me tell you.. I beat the boss today on Easy and did a huge victory lap around my house.

I don't say that lightly. I don't tend to get emotionally involved into games. But I'll be damned if that ship was going to win again! I drew a line in the sand! And it was worth it. Even at full price (even though that goes against my CAG nature).

I really should switch down to easy. I've somehow put 27 hours into it now on normal and I'm still trying to beat the boss.