Photo
- - - - -

What hypothetical Wii U game would you buy a Wii U to play?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

Enough negative comments on the Wii U. What single game would be a system seller for you?

For me, put out an Earthbound Wii U and I will buy that system in a second.

#2 hereon

hereon

Here-On Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

I am just waiting for Super Smash Bros but then again it won't make it an instant buy honestly I'm gonna wait to see what Xbox and playstation does first.

#3 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

I already have a Wii U, but I'd imagine Smash Bros will be a huge system seller.

As for hypothetical, I think we all know a Pokemon main series RPG that spanned every region and featured local and online multiplayer would be the best selling game of this generation. Nintendo don't wanna though.

#4 Darshminder

Darshminder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

I'd love to see a great original IP for once on a Nintendo platform that receives rave reviews. That would be something fresh to look forward to...

#5 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

Any theoretical purchase would have to be for more than one game, but a Wii U Etrian Odyssey would most certainly tip the balance for me.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#6 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

A real Zelda, as long as they make smart use out of the pad and not overly gimmicky to make it a pain to play. Might as well make a limited gold wii u bundle to go along with it.

Never was much of a smash bros fan.

#7 Solid Kilvas

Solid Kilvas

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Pikmin 3 is already a system seller for me. I'm just trying to hold out to get a slightly better deal on the white version. Hypothetically?

I'd love to see a sequel to Mario Kart: Double Dash with 2 player co-op or a Mario Party with online play.

#8 johnmirra

johnmirra

Damn Fine Cup of Coffee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

I already have a Wii U but a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles would be great.
Theres nothing worse then a hot pickle - My Dad

#9 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

I already have a WiiU, but if I didn't, anything Metroid-themed would do it for me. I love anything related to Metroid, and even thought Other M was a solid game (except for the cutscenes).

Give me another 3D Prime title, a 2D downloadable game in the e-shop, or a sequel to Other M (called "Other, Other M," obviously), and I'm sold.

And oh yeah, Smash Brothers or a good spiritual successor to Starfox 64 would be fantastic.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

I already have a Wii U as well, but I'd love to see some older franchises make a comeback on the Wii U.

Most especially F-Zero and Earthbound.

#11 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

I would buy 3 Wii U's if they released Earthbound.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#12 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

I don't need to be sold on the system as I'm just waiting for a cheaper price/bundle deal. However, all that waiting goes out the window the day that an Earthbound or Fire Emblem gets released on the system.

#13 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

I already have a WiiU, but if I didn't, anything Metroid-themed would do it for me. I love anything related to Metroid, and even thought Other M was a solid game (except for the cutscenes).

Give me another 3D Prime title, a 2D downloadable game in the e-shop, or a sequel to Other M (called "Other, Other M," obviously), and I'm sold.

Agree with you on this one (and on Other M, which was great except for the dialog and VO), there are definitely a few options they could explore with the gamepad, though I would lean more towards a 2D title at this point.

While eventually I'll get a Wii U regardless, I would also like to see a sequel to Battalion Wars, especially if they did two player co-op with asymmetrical gameplay. One player with Remote+Chuck or Pro Controller on the TV in third person, with the second player performing true RTS tasks on the gamepad, building structures and units, and sending supplies to the onscreen player (or players if they did split screen on the TV). Kind of a C&C Renegade / Natural Selection sort of take.

I know I've mentioned that before, but make it happen Nintendo.

#14 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

Wow lots of other Earthbound fans here. I sold my old SNES copy 7 years ago. It's worth a lot more now. I had the entire box in good condition. Part of my reason for selling was because I thought it would come out for Virtual Console. Obviously that will never happen so maybe they will release a whole new game on Wii U (my system seller).

Blue blue blue

#15 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

I already have a Wii U but a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles would be great.

I don't need a sequel necessarily, but Monolith's next project is definitely my most anticipated release.
\\:D/

#16 johnmirra

johnmirra

Damn Fine Cup of Coffee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

I don't need a sequel necessarily, but Monolith's next project is definitely my most anticipated release.

I would definitely take either
Theres nothing worse then a hot pickle - My Dad

#17 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

Large MMORPG Pokemon game with hack protection which follows the formula of the main series game.

A steady stream of GOOD Pokemon games much like what happened in the Gamecube era. Give me a sequel to Pokemon XD (console RPG) and make another Colloseum and this time actually make it good, much like Pokemon Stadium 2. Again hack detection is a must or the games will be totally ruined.

Make the games come out within the next 2-3 years. Give me at least 3 pokemon games worth buying within the next 3 years.

Allow me to store Pokemon on the console from different games, again make it a Pokemon Box where I can separate my Pokemon literately any way I want to and even make it where I can have different users on it and so I can transfer pokemon instantly between game cartridges then sync with the Wii U and the Pokemon will be on the proper game cartridge.

At least 3 more general RPG's within the next 3 years in addition to that, they have to be worth playing too, give me that Dragon Quest game from Japan, and 2 others at least.

Implement a global achievements system just like in the other consoles, I do believe it can be done. Pokemon with achievements would be sick.

Also I want a new console F-zero game with no rubberband AI.

Yes, I am very demanding.

#18 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

An actual sequel to Mario 64, honestly where is this game at? Closest thing we ever got to it was Mario Sunshine!

Also I want a new console F-zero game with no rubberband AI.

Any of there games without that please!!!!

#19 EvilLizard

EvilLizard

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

I already own one, but I hope Sim City and Command and conquer should come. At least to the eShop.
Nintendo Network: FatSamuel

#20 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Every time Nintendo releases a casual-centric game, me and the wife will rock out on it. Gaming with her is my favorite gaming experience. We shared a town in Animal Crossing, got all the stars in NSMB, slaughtered Pikmin, raced until our eyes bled in Double Dash (we didn't like kart wii), handed off the controller through Paper Mario, and put at least 4-500 hours in Smash Bros.

I know the "hardcores" hate Nintendo, but we love it. I'll buy just about anything developed by Nintendo.
Posted Image

#21 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Every time Nintendo releases a casual-centric game, me and the wife will rock out on it. Gaming with her is my favorite gaming experience. We shared a town in Animal Crossing, got all the stars in NSMB, slaughtered Pikmin, raced until our eyes bled in Double Dash (we didn't like kart wii), handed off the controller through Paper Mario, and put at least 4-500 hours in Smash Bros.

I know the "hardcores" hate Nintendo, but we love it. I'll buy just about anything developed by Nintendo.

Except for Smash Bros (I couldn't get her into it), this is almost word for word my gaming experience with my wife. Right now we are playing a lot of Wii Party (which has some Co-op modes), so basically Nintendo Land in itself would probably be good enough for both of us for now.

To add another hypothetical game to the Wii U list, I think another traditional Paper Mario RPG would be great, they experimented enough with SPM and Sticker Star. That probably wouldn't come out for another few years though.

#22 buffdrew84

buffdrew84

Used PSI Cheapness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

Zelda in HD would be unbelievable. Earthbound too. Doesn't even have to be a new earthbound. Just release mother 3 here in America already!

Grizzly Bear says

"Mo Honey Mo Problems"

Tradelist:

http://cheapassgamer...ad.php?t=151559

#23 evergoo

evergoo

Proud to be Frugal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Any sequels related to Zelda, Metroid Prime, Smash, Excitebike, Fire Emblem, and Advance Wars (Andy and the gang please).

Also, a worthy SingStar or Dance Central clone would make this a party machine. :D

Edited by evergoo, 28 December 2012 - 05:11 PM.

Recent Game Purchases: Super Smash Bros. 3DS, Just Dance 2014, Final Fantasy Theatrhythm
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. 3DS, Words with Friends

My Latest Karaoke Video: Drop That NaeNae

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3797-6749-6406

#24 tukai

tukai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, Xenoblade sequel.

#25 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

Donkey Kong Crash Course 3

#26 CookieParty

CookieParty

Artist formerly known as Burritoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

Metroid.

Better not be a re-release either.

I could be in for a Prime-Like version of Super Metroid, but for $40, not $60.

Check out our blog: http://abloggymess.com/ Plenty of fun for everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#27 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

I already have one, but I'm most interested in:

Zelda
Smash Bros.
Super Mario(an actual NEW one, it's been over 5 years since Galaxy!)

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

Mixer23.png

#28 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

In my case, it's not a matter of a single game pushing me over the edge. I'm just waiting on issues with the hardware locks, bricking and UI to be cleared up before I import one. I'm a little gun shy about dropping that kind of cash on a machine unless it's 100% up to par, specifically after the PS3's launch.

I got frustrated with Wii early on and abandoned the system so there's plenty (almost 20) of software for me to enjoy.

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!

#29 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

Already own one but games I would love to see...

Zelda Action RPG. Yes, I want a Zelda game but instead of the same formula that has been done how many years now, mix it up. Make it an action RPG with the Zelda combat. Like you actually level up and stuff. Sure it's not what Zelda is used to but hell, I am tired of Zelda. I guess part of it is Hyrule is Hyrule.

Mario 3D- A true HD 3D Mario. You can make it same formula as galaxy or 64 because Mario gets creative.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#30 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

Next gen versions F-zero and StarFox. I want them made by Nintendo, and not by some other company.
Posted Image