New Super Mario Bros 2 & 3D Land For $33.72+tax At BB with Sam's Club PM

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#31 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

Im prob going back in the morning and picking up 6 games.. Im pretty sure it wont fly the second time around lol

#32 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

A legitimate price match would be PMing Sam's Club price of $26.xx

Best Buy's deal is buy two select 3DS games at their price and save $20; nowhere does it say that you can purchase the games at a competitors price and they'll still honor the $20 savings.

Taking advantage of something is one thing... take advantage of something and denying that is what you're doing is another.

This.

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#33 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

How do you think this is any different than people pricematching bestbuy $20 gift cards to target or whatever? This isn't some bestbuy glitch, it's a policy that pretty much every major retailer in the US is doing this holiday season. People need to get off their moral high horses and realize that retailers are OK with this practice because indeed they are the ones implementing policies that allow for this exact deal.
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#34 phantomphoenix

phantomphoenix

Make It Loud!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

You're getting it backwards: nowhere does it say that they CAN'T apply both together. If they didn't want to allow price matching + offer combos, they would put in the fine print, or they wouldn't let their computers accept it without some kind of crazy manager override (for example, gamestop tradeins: the computer automatically allows only ONE promo to apply unless overwritten by a manager).

If you read the posts carefully you'll discover that the bestbuy computers automatically apply the promo on top of a price match. If you think that this is taking advantage of a glitch/whatever, then I suggest you go to your library and check out a book on basic retail business. If this were a glitch on a B2G1 free deal, or some scam where you buy games and return them to walmart, or a price glitch from samsclub, or something like that, then sure, that would be bad. But this isn't. This is a deal to save money. On a website called cheap ass gamers. Gamers that like to save money. With a legitimate deal. Enjoy :P

Price matching is about getting only ONE promotional price/offer. It does not matter if it clearly states that or not. Just because you can't prove a negative (that the BB PM policy says NOTHING about multiple promos), does not make it true. After BB's promo, you get two games at a price. After Sam's promo, you get two games at a price. You don't get BB's promo and Sam's promo. BB is not supposed to allow double dipping, yet people continue to try to do so.

Your previous argument about ordering online for pick-up and eventual PM would most likely not be valid, since the PM would be taken from the final $29.99 promo reflected price. If it did work, you may as well get free games all the time since store x, y, and z all are having different promos for the same game.

After seeing this "deal" and the BB $40 GC deal with PMing and how people are taking advantage of what they knowingly should not be getting, it makes me sick. :cry:

#35 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

How do you think this is any different than people pricematching bestbuy $20 gift cards to target or whatever? This isn't some bestbuy glitch, it's a policy that pretty much every major retailer in the US is doing this holiday season. People need to get off their moral high horses and realize that retailers are OK with this practice because indeed they are the ones implementing policies that allow for this exact deal.

Exactly.. I resell and when I make mistakes I still sell to the customer even it means breaking even or taking a loss.

#36 phantomphoenix

phantomphoenix

Make It Loud!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

It isn't different, but it doesn't make it right. Retailers are not OK with this practice and they are not implementing these policies. Just because the POS system may allow it, does not mean it is purposefully implemented; it means it's an oversight, i.e. a glitch. They are supposed to price match, that is match their competitor's price. Not completely outmatch their competitors. Otherwise it would be called Price Outmatching.

If you get away with it with ease, fine. You shouldn't, but fine. If however the employee or manager says its a no go, that should be the end of it. But reporting these "deals" as if they are legitimate and to think you are warranted this "deal" is just... :cry:.

#37 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

A legitimate price match would be PMing Sam's Club price of $26.xx

Best Buy's deal is buy two select 3DS games at their price and save $20; nowhere does it say that you can purchase the games at a competitors price and they'll still honor the $20 savings.

Taking advantage of something is one thing... take advantage of something and denying that is what you're doing is another.

No, no, nowhere does it NOT say that you can PM and not get the $20 savings.

This.

No, not that. What he said is wrong.

#38 applecider

applecider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

Was able to do this, though it took three stores and two attempts:

1.) Store did not have Mario 3D Land

2.) We provided item numbers, pricing, and a phone number to the local Sam'c Club, but instead the cashier went online to find the promo. Price match worked after manager override (They used Walmart since Sam's Club is owned by Walmart), but he froze when it popped up the window offering $20 off. I mentioned the system let him do it, but that I didn't want to get him in trouble over it. He asked a manager and we could hear her say no double dipping.

3.) This store made us pull up the Sam's site on the phone and it was a pain to select a club to get the $26.86 pricing (had to go to the non-mobile version), but once we did she price matched to Walmart and then applied the $20 off promo.

I tried price matching Best Buy on the TRU 10% gift card deal last week, and they called, but this time neither cashier seemed interesting in calling, even though we already had the phone and item numbers for them. If you try this, I suggest bringing a screenshot of the price online, or have it pulled up on your phone so they can confirm.

I suppose it's kind of shady, but I make sure to never raise a fuss, and if the employee gets cold feet I'm sympathetic and more than willing to just walk away. It's certainly not worth throwing a tantrum over.

Edited by applecider, 14 December 2012 - 02:39 AM.

#39 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

Good point. It's actually not any different; in both scenarios the retailer (Best Buy or Target) are getting taken advantage of.

Best Buy is selling the 3DS at $129.99 and the XL at $159.99; if you wanted to PM that deal at Target you should either get the system at $129.99/$159.99 or $149.99 with $20GC (Standard 3DS) or $179.99 with $20GC (3DS XL).

Why would you get both deals?

The fact it is happening is bad enough; the fact that people are bitching not only here but to associates at the stores when they are denied is disturbing.

#40 icyjones

icyjones

I Think I Have A Problem.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

Just popping in to say I was able to price match New and 3D Land with the $20 off. Sweet prices! Thanks op and others!

#41 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

If you read the posts carefully you'll discover that the bestbuy computers automatically apply the promo on top of a price match.

I can confirm this. I was able to PM 2 games and get the $20 off. No override from a manager was necessary for the $20 off since it came off automatically. The CSR even mentioned that it would take $20 off the total on top of the PM.

#42 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

Just popping in to say I was able to price match New and 3D Land with the $20 off. Sweet prices! Thanks op and others!

bad person you

#43 themixmaster

themixmaster

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

I stopped by my local store and had the easiest price match of my life.

Strolled in around 7pm, grabbed NSMB2 and MK7 and went up to the cashier. I asked him to do a price match he said sure, so I told him the Sam's Club down the road had them for $26.86. He asked for a flyer or something and I told him I had a phone number and that we could call and confirm. He was completely uninterested in calling, so I said I could look it up.

So I showed him a post from this thread on the first page and he's like good enough.

Rings in the price match, needs a manager's approval and that guy comes over and barely looks at the screen as he punches in his information. The cashier finalizes and a window comes up saying these two titles qualify for the $20 off promo and he says looks like you're saving even more.

Out the door at $33.72. Couldn't've gone smoother.

#44 silver001

silver001

silvermember

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Since when did we CAG become pro business? The mere fact you are here means you want the best possible deals, and if you are not well too bad.

#45 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

Since when did we CAG become pro business? The mere fact you are here means you want the best possible deals, and if you are not well too bad.

Nope.. I would like good, consistent, sustainable deals.

Doing things that you know are outside the scope of a retailers Price Match/Adjustment policy is detrimental to the continuance of those policies.

Things like price matching OOS clearance items (TRU fiasco) or double dipping (Sam's Club 3DS games, Target with the 3DS XL) only lead to more restrictive policies in the future.

#46 tcextreme

tcextreme

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

There have been arguments put forward that it is a cardinal rule that consumers cannot use both PM-ing and a regular deal that that store is offering. I'm not sure where this entrenched idea is coming from though.

Price matching and their other concurrent offers are completely unrelated. These are both voluntary promotions or decisions taken by management of those stores. As rightly pointed out, if the terms and conditions of the Price matching and/or normal offers do not state explicitly that they do work together, wherein is the implied moral wrong of consumers utilizing this to get the best price possible?

People are throwing around terms such as "bad person" and placing a thinly veiled judgement on others who want to utilize the best deals and are in no direct violation of publicly stated terms and conditions. Why?

#47 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

Don't worry about GBAstar. He's a whining 4 year old.

I don't see why everyone doesn't rape all retailers deals. Their CEOs make millions while workers make minimum wage. Let's gut them for all their worth.

I'm pretty sure that if you "rape all retailers deals" only the minimum wage workers would take a hit and the CEO would still "make millions."

#48 Snuggelz

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

My local Best Buy (Rego Park, NY) didn't honor the PM. *sigh* oh well. Worth the shot.

#49 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

My local Best Buy (Rego Park, NY) didn't honor the PM. *sigh* oh well. Worth the shot.

Like not at all??

Even without the 20 off?

#50 Snuggelz

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

Like not at all??

Even without the 20 off?

The manager came out and said that they couldn't match the 26.86 Club price. He then tried to make a deal with me saying, "I looked it up and the lowest price is at K-Mart for 29.99 and we could match that, but it'll only apply to one of your games--not both."

I kindly told him that I was set on the Sam's Club price and he just flat out told me he couldn't do that. It wasn't worth it to me just to get 30 bucks off retail for both games, So I left.

#51 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

So can you do 4 and get 40 off, or do you need to do it in 2 separate transactions? Going to pick up my Mario Kart 7 Blue 3DS I ordered online for store pick up and would love to have a nice library to go with it.

Thinking of PMing:Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario Bros 2 to Sams

and

Mario Tennis and Sticker Star to Kmart

Basically costing me around 250 for the system and 5 games minus the 100 bucks in amex rewards for the xbox and facebook sync and that's just insane getting all that for 150!!

125365.png

#52 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

how are people getting the store price to show up on Sam's website? I need to PM Halo 4 anyway so I might as well

#53 Gabrius

Gabrius

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

how are people getting the store price to show up on Sam's website? I need to PM Halo 4 anyway so I might as well

You have to choose a location.
Posted Image

#54 applecider

applecider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

It's easier if you use the non mobile version of the Sam's website on your phone.

#55 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

Sam's Club isn't one of the online retailers that Best Buy will price match. How did everyone manage to get Best Buy to PM them?

#56 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

Sam's Club isn't one of the online retailers that Best Buy will price match. How did everyone manage to get Best Buy to PM them?

Cuz they will pm sams club in store prices.

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#57 silver001

silver001

silvermember

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

I just ditch work to go to best buy also they had an event but by the time I got there the line was way too long, but i digress, got me both mario 3ds, showed them my price on my cell phone and price matched it with no issues. At first the total was like 57 bucks and I started sweating and swipe my card but it changed to 36 bucks and everything was well.

Nope.. I would like good, consistent, sustainable deals.

Doing things that you know are outside the scope of a retailers Price Match/Adjustment policy is detrimental to the continuance of those policies.

Things like price matching OOS clearance items (TRU fiasco) or double dipping (Sam's Club 3DS games, Target with the 3DS XL) only lead to more restrictive policies in the future.

Doing things that are outside the scope of retailer price match is bad? let's see
1. corporate policy-check.
2. Manager approved-check.
3. Corporation is not my friend-check.
4. The mere fact I stepped into a best buy or the mere fact I bought something from best buy AND not amazon. - check.

If it was approve with no issues then clearly it is NOT outside the scope of the retailer price match policy. Since I don't own stock, whether or not it is detrimental is BEYOND the scope of our policy as CAG.

#58 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Thinking of PMing:Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario Bros 2 to Sams

and

Mario Tennis and Sticker Star to Kmart

:3ds: SAVE $20 When you Buy ANY 2 of THESE 3DS Titles ($39.99 each)
  • Paper Mario Sticker Star
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Style Savvy Trendsetters
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
It looks like Mario Tennis is not included.

#59 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

:3ds: SAVE $20 When you Buy ANY 2 of THESE 3DS Titles ($39.99 each)

• Paper Mario Sticker Star
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Style Savvy Trendsetters
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
It looks like Mario Tennis is not included.

Thanks for the heads up, guess I'll just get 3d land and NSMB2, and maybe snag 2 sticker star and flip one for mario tennis.

Edited by RiPPn, 14 December 2012 - 08:22 PM.

125365.png

#60 AsobiSeksu

AsobiSeksu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Phenomenal deal to go along with my new 3DS XL. Did this an hour ago and the total was just shy of $35. Bought 3D land and New Super Mario Bros 2. Now, I need to find a good deal for Zelda and Professor Layton. Thanks OP!