Groupme/Cag Fantasy League

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#121 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

If enough people have a problem with it, then I'm fine with not allowing it.

no need for all that if its that big of a deal i just wont do it then but cruz in that position will get more yards than bennett since i prolly wont be giving him the ball to much in the slot position hes to slow

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#122 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

And yes I plan on leaving injuries on for preseason and yes I am expecting everyone to play their backups with the obvious exception of kicker/punter.

On? In that case can we play backups the whole time?

#123 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

On? In that case can we play backups the whole time?

That's fine if you want, just clearly want to avoid people using the preseason to mine XP before rules are set.

#124 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

That's fine if you want, just clearly want to avoid people using the preseason to mine XP before rules are set.

Just tell people not to then, in this case it's not hard to monitor if someone does it. Everyone in here plays in one of the other leagues, so it's not like it'll come as a surprise.

I'd definitely suggest turning them off. Especially since everyone has a brand new team, it would suck to be trying to learn your new players and then lose someone to injury before you even get a chance to use them in a game that matters. Obviously that's more realistic, but it's also less fun. :D

33126.png

#125 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Ill send everyone a pm, if they don't have a problem with it ill turn injuries off for preseason.

#126 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Ill send everyone a pm, if they don't have a problem with it ill turn injuries off for preseason.

Sounds good. By the way, we play week 1 of the preseason, do you have an idea when the deadline will be? I'd prefer to wait until we know one way or the other whether injuries will be off. :D

33126.png

#127 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

question im playing my game and a guy got hurt its not over yet should i back out of the game and wait to see the verdict or just finish it out.

Madden 25

#128 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

question im playing my game and a guy got hurt its not over yet should i back out of the game and wait to see the verdict or just finish it out.

I thought we weren't supposed to play the CPU games until after 6?

33126.png

#129 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

i never saw that i hopped online and saw someone else played so i thought it was oked to play guess that means i quit.

Madden 25

#130 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

I thought we weren't supposed to play the CPU games until after 6?

We werent, for this reason and just in case someone wanted to switch to them.

#131 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

i never saw that i hopped online and saw someone else played so i thought it was oked to play guess that means i quit.

Yeah I'd quite and I see that. Ill discuss that with lv.

#132 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

ok well my bad i assumed and we know wut happens when we do that.

Madden 25

#133 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Ok. So until people get back to me about injuries on or off, they will be off for now. Bv if you want to play our game, just let me know.

#134 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Ok. So until people get back to me about injuries on or off, they will be off for now. Bv if you want to play our game, just let me know.

I can play now if you're up for it.

33126.png

#135 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

does that mean we are good to play our games then. and my vote is for injuries off. i agree with bv's reasons of why i feel that way as well.

Madden 25

#136 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

It means for now injuries are off but you still have to wait till 6 pm est, just in case anyone feels like taking over control of the CPU team you play

#137 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Just played a good game with Chetty for most of 4 quarters before Madden decided that 6 minutes is too long for quarters (we both agree, btw) and disconnected us with the Packers up 16-14.

Just sim it if that's okay with you, we both got plenty of practice as far as I'm concerned. :D

I'm glad I drafted such good corners, because it was noticeable how much easier it was to pass on me once Haden and Talib weren't in there.

33126.png

#138 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

I mind, for the record. Its chettys call though.

I mind
Posted ImagePosted Image

#139 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

well during the regular season so far i have only 7 human games 9 cpu games. looked at alot of the cpu teams didnt really see any that stood out to me as something i would want. cardinals arent bad though rb arent great but tom brady and a good core of WRs.

i also like the idea of 6 minutes quarters in this league gives us a better chance to reach yearly goals and weekly i guess to but i often dont really check my weekly goals but im thinking it wouldnt be a bad idea to start

Edited by DVO21, 06 January 2013 - 05:33 PM.

Madden 25

#140 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

i also like the idea of 6 minutes quarters in this league gives us a better chance to reach yearly goals and weekly i guess to but i often dont really check my weekly goals but im thinking it wouldnt be a bad idea to start

No it doesn't. You make that case every time, but it would take far more than 6 minute quarters for most of the yearly goals to be realistically attainable. Madden leagues shouldn't be about accumulating stats anyway.

Chetty and I just played with 6 minute quarters, and the difference in how long the game feels is very noticeable (not in a good way).

33126.png

#141 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

So 6pm free agency and games are open?

#142 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

So 6pm free agency and games are open?

That's what he said.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#143 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

Yes 6pm est, everyone can play there games and sign/release players. You don't have to post your signings in here. Everyone just be wary there may be a salary cap when making your manuevers. The deadline for preseason week one will be around 8pm est tomorrow and I should have time to go over everyone's votes for the rules and have those posted in here before we advance.

#144 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

im liking the pace plan of the off season fast and sweet and on to the important stuff which is when i start losing lol becuz pretty much everyone in this league is better than me if better then prolly equal at worst

Madden 25

#145 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

These games are so long! Are we moving to 5 mins??

#146 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

These games are so long! Are we moving to 5 mins??

I think Chetty was just leaving it at 6 for the first week to try it out. I agree, they're glacial.

33126.png

#147 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

It's torture really. Especially vs a CPU preseason game. I quit at the half. Can't play 3 6-min quarters with Leftwhich haha.

#148 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

It's Tebow time in Minnesota! With a terrible line!

CAGFL: (187-31)

Doomtime1.png

#149 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

My preseason schedule is 4 human opponents, all of them good (Chetty, uber, doom, og) so I'll certainly be well prepared for the regular season.

33126.png

#150 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

when is preseason do i'd like to play my game but if its tomorrow i might just have my opponent play the CPU

edit nvm saw its 8 tomorrow i might get my game in i'll try to schedule it in time.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs