Groupme/Cag Fantasy League

I'm hopeful that my Charles/Ridley combo will be able to replicate the success I've had with McFadden/McGahee in the other league.

Rivers throwing to Marshall, Austin and Hartline should also be productive, while I was also able to get several good receiving TEs.

Really like my team! I probably would have put more into my OL and CBs, but my LB and DL are pretty sick at first glance. Harvin and Garcon will be fun w/ Hernandez. DWill will be a nice compliment to my obvious pass-first offense.

My team is pretty stacked in my opinion.

Going with Mallet over Smith, Ray Rice, A.Johnson, Jerome Simpson(used in the main league). My DL and corners (Vontae Davis, Brandon Carr, I think Patrick Robinson is my 3rd) are good. My offensive line is good. In practice I threw to Dickinson for over 200 yards. I really liked the fantasy draft, can customize a team more to your liking. My LBs and safeties aren't great but I think they will do with the quality of the rest of my team.

Did any of the CPU teams come out good?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blade3D']
Did any of the CPU teams come out good?[/QUOTE]

I only checked the two in my division (Broncos and Raiders) but both were pretty abysmal.

i think a drafted really well. i had a plan going into it that worked well for. i figured in the early rounds get players that fit my style of course like anyone else would. but in the later round when it became slim pickins i figured i would draft guys in positions that where high in the areas that cost more to up grade and lower in the spots that were cheap to upgrade that way after a few games the guyes the drafted late would become better quicker. example lineman with high strength would get drafted becuz block shedding and power moves are alot cheap than strength. sometimes i would stubble across a guy late that would just be a total stud for dline that had a low overall had high strength high power move and blocking shedding and awareness but his finnesse was low as hell like 38 type low but i figured hes. id also go with a guy with a higher injury rating that than toughness becuz injury rating cost more. i pretty much based all picks by the cost of xp it would take to build the player. since more than likely everyone that joined are the people that get there games out of the way pretty quick i figure this league could get 2 or 3 seasons in possibly 2 atleast and by that type build enough xp to have the team be full of studs. but ive very happy with my results. just curious to know wut other people used to base there picks off of.

hey chetty if u wouldnt mind i was wondering if u would have a problem with me setting my WRs depth chart like this becuz of there abilities catch and catch in traffic and speed wise.
1. stevie johnson
2. earl bennett
3. victor cruz.

after that i dont really care. if u look at there ratings i think u will under stand not trying to take advantage of anything at all. but with the routes in my playbook these players would be better suited in that depth chart set up. bennett has just as good as hands as cruz pretty much but lacks speed so i would like to have cruz in the slot position if its allowed.

also injuries are still on not sure if u planned on keeping them on during preseason or not.

[quote name='Hemingway012']im up for trades im the bengals im looking for a top WR.[/QUOTE]

wut r u willing to move?

[quote name='DVO21']hey chetty if u wouldnt mind i was wondering if u would have a problem with me setting my WRs depth chart like this becuz of there abilities catch and catch in traffic and speed wise.
1. stevie johnson
2. earl bennett
3. victor cruz.

after that i dont really care. if u look at there ratings i think u will under stand not trying to take advantage of anything at all. but with the routes in my playbook these players would be better suited in that depth chart set up. bennett has just as good as hands as cruz pretty much but lacks speed so i would like to have cruz in the slot position if its allowed.

also injuries are still on not sure if u planned on keeping them on during preseason or not.[/QUOTE]

Ha this again. I honestly don't care but don't try to tell me its something it isn't.
Lets play a little game. Guess which receiver is Earl Bennett and which is Victor Cruz?
Receiver a- 91 catch, 86 cit, 97 spect catch, 91 route run, 84 release, 93 jump, 94 speed, 95 agile, 97 accell, 91 elusive, 92 juke, 87 spin
Receiver b- 88 catch, 90 cit, 74 spect catch, 82 route run, 75 release, 80 jump, 85 speed, 86 agile, 86 accell, 52 elusive, 84 juke, 77 spin

Look their catch and catch in traffic are close....like I said I don't care but don't pretend this isn't about getting mismatches and Victor Cruz on lesser corners on routes you prefer. Just say that, don't insult my and everyone else's intelligence. Final prediction for the season, receiver b 10 catches for 89 yards and receiver a will be your leading receiver.

And yes I plan on leaving injuries on for preseason and yes I am expecting everyone to play their backups with the obvious exception of kicker/punter.

[quote name='Chetty12']Ha this again. I honestly don't care but don't try to tell me its something it isn't.
Lets play a little game. Guess which receiver is Earl Bennett and which is Victor Cruz?
Receiver a- 91 catch, 86 cit, 97 spect catch, 91 route run, 84 release, 93 jump, 94 speed, 95 agile, 97 accell, 91 elusive, 92 juke, 87 spin
Receiver b- 88 catch, 90 cit, 74 spect catch, 82 route run, 75 release, 80 jump, 85 speed, 86 agile, 86 accell, 52 elusive, 84 juke, 77 spin

Look their catch and catch in traffic are close....like I said I don't care but don't pretend this isn't about getting mismatches and Victor Cruz on lesser corners on routes you prefer. Just say that, don't insult my and everyone else's intelligence. Final prediction for the season, receiver b 10 catches for 89 yards and receiver a will be your leading receiver.[/QUOTE]

im not going to argue my point we differ on opinions here and this battle has been done before. so no point on getting into it. i just like speed in the slot. but i will quote u on this later in the season ;) lol

for a WR i would be willing to move.

Fred Davis 87 TE, Casey Heyward CB 70, and i have some young ends and willing to throw in picks. just looking for a decent WR.

[quote name='DVO21']im not going to argue my point we differ on opinions here and this battle has been done before. so no point on getting into it. i just like speed in the slot. but i will quote u on this later in the season ;) lol[/QUOTE]

Its not differing opinions, its a fact Earl Bennett is not in Victor cruz's league. Even more so in Madden where release, speed and accell are the most important receiver stats. Just admit it, is it that hard? Its not like I have a problem with it or have a problem stopping it.

[quote name='Chetty12']Its not differing opinions, its a fact Earl Bennett is not in Victor cruz's league. Even more so in Madden where release, speed and accell are the most important receiver stats. Just admit it, is it that hard? Its not like I have a problem with it or have a problem stopping it.[/QUOTE]

like i said before we differ on whats important in madden its an opinion im not going to try and change ur mind on it. and im sure u wont have a problem stoping me when playing ur much better at the game than me. i do agree that i prefer speed release and accel and route running in the slot. most nfl coachs do as well. and for my outside wrs i prefer good hands and cit and the routes i have them on dont require much speed. its just how i play. cant we just agree to disagree here and leave it at that plz.

If enough people have a problem with it, then I'm fine with not allowing it. I honestly don't have a problem either way. There's enough formations where they move the receivers all over the field, which makes it impossible to monitor.

[quote name='Chetty12']If enough people have a problem with it, then I'm fine with not allowing it.[/QUOTE]

no need for all that if its that big of a deal i just wont do it then but cruz in that position will get more yards than bennett since i prolly wont be giving him the ball to much in the slot position hes to slow

[quote name='Chetty12']And yes I plan on leaving injuries on for preseason and yes I am expecting everyone to play their backups with the obvious exception of kicker/punter.[/QUOTE]

On? In that case can we play backups the whole time?

[quote name='bvharris']On? In that case can we play backups the whole time?[/QUOTE]

That's fine if you want, just clearly want to avoid people using the preseason to mine XP before rules are set.

[quote name='Chetty12']That's fine if you want, just clearly want to avoid people using the preseason to mine XP before rules are set.[/QUOTE]

Just tell people not to then, in this case it's not hard to monitor if someone does it. Everyone in here plays in one of the other leagues, so it's not like it'll come as a surprise.

I'd definitely suggest turning them off. Especially since everyone has a brand new team, it would suck to be trying to learn your new players and then lose someone to injury before you even get a chance to use them in a game that matters. Obviously that's more realistic, but it's also less fun. :D

[quote name='Chetty12']Ill send everyone a pm, if they don't have a problem with it ill turn injuries off for preseason.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. By the way, we play week 1 of the preseason, do you have an idea when the deadline will be? I'd prefer to wait until we know one way or the other whether injuries will be off. :D

question im playing my game and a guy got hurt its not over yet should i back out of the game and wait to see the verdict or just finish it out.

[quote name='DVO21']question im playing my game and a guy got hurt its not over yet should i back out of the game and wait to see the verdict or just finish it out.[/QUOTE]

I thought we weren't supposed to play the CPU games until after 6?

i never saw that i hopped online and saw someone else played so i thought it was oked to play guess that means i quit.

[quote name='bvharris']I thought we weren't supposed to play the CPU games until after 6?[/QUOTE]

We werent, for this reason and just in case someone wanted to switch to them.

[quote name='DVO21']i never saw that i hopped online and saw someone else played so i thought it was oked to play guess that means i quit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'd quite and I see that. Ill discuss that with lv.

Ok. So until people get back to me about injuries on or off, they will be off for now. Bv if you want to play our game, just let me know.

[quote name='Chetty12']Ok. So until people get back to me about injuries on or off, they will be off for now. Bv if you want to play our game, just let me know.[/QUOTE]

I can play now if you're up for it.

does that mean we are good to play our games then. and my vote is for injuries off. i agree with bv's reasons of why i feel that way as well.

It means for now injuries are off but you still have to wait till 6 pm est, just in case anyone feels like taking over control of the CPU team you play

Just played a good game with Chetty for most of 4 quarters before Madden decided that 6 minutes is too long for quarters (we both agree, btw) and disconnected us with the Packers up 16-14.

Just sim it if that's okay with you, we both got plenty of practice as far as I'm concerned. :D

I'm glad I drafted such good corners, because it was noticeable how much easier it was to pass on me once Haden and Talib weren't in there.

well during the regular season so far i have only 7 human games 9 cpu games. looked at alot of the cpu teams didnt really see any that stood out to me as something i would want. cardinals arent bad though rb arent great but tom brady and a good core of WRs.

i also like the idea of 6 minutes quarters in this league gives us a better chance to reach yearly goals and weekly i guess to but i often dont really check my weekly goals but im thinking it wouldnt be a bad idea to start

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DVO21']
i also like the idea of 6 minutes quarters in this league gives us a better chance to reach yearly goals and weekly i guess to but i often dont really check my weekly goals but im thinking it wouldnt be a bad idea to start[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't. You make that case every time, but it would take far more than 6 minute quarters for most of the yearly goals to be realistically attainable. Madden leagues shouldn't be about accumulating stats anyway.

Chetty and I just played with 6 minute quarters, and the difference in how long the game feels is very noticeable (not in a good way).

Yes 6pm est, everyone can play there games and sign/release players. You don't have to post your signings in here. Everyone just be wary there may be a salary cap when making your manuevers. The deadline for preseason week one will be around 8pm est tomorrow and I should have time to go over everyone's votes for the rules and have those posted in here before we advance.

im liking the pace plan of the off season fast and sweet and on to the important stuff which is when i start losing lol becuz pretty much everyone in this league is better than me if better then prolly equal at worst

[quote name='ubernes']These games are so long! Are we moving to 5 mins??[/QUOTE]

I think Chetty was just leaving it at 6 for the first week to try it out. I agree, they're glacial.

It's torture really. Especially vs a CPU preseason game. I quit at the half. Can't play 3 6-min quarters with Leftwhich haha.

My preseason schedule is 4 human opponents, all of them good (Chetty, uber, doom, og) so I'll certainly be well prepared for the regular season.

bread's done
Back