Groupme/Cag Fantasy League

when is preseason do i'd like to play my game but if its tomorrow i might just have my opponent play the CPU

edit nvm saw its 8 tomorrow i might get my game in i'll try to schedule it in time.

i just played my game VS CPU and 6 min is way to long with no run off. i starting kneeling it in the 3rd when i would get to close to the end zone just to kill time.

[quote name='bvharris']When are we advancing to week 2?[/QUOTE]

Should be around 8 pm est. I should have the rules finalized by time we advance as well

Ok I had a chance to go over everyone's votes. Here are the rules.

Time- 5 minutes no runoff. Only 2 people voted for 6 minutes, the rest went with 5 minutes.

Injury- On, only one voted for injuries off.

Salary cap- For now, its on but we'll rejudge this come the offseason.

Difficulty- For now, all pro won the vote. This was probably the closest vote. This will also be looked at during the offseason. I just want to reiterate, I don't expect to see people mining XP off CPU games by running up the score.

Trade with cpu- Off, only 3 people voted to have this on.

Trades with humans- On, but everyone agrees there still needs to be a way to judge. The way I'm proposing is that every trade, if you can get 4 other users that are not a part of the trade then the trade will be approved. If the trade is outrageous, Im reserving the right to call for a community vote. Majority will decide. Also if I see a group of people just working together to get trades approved unfairly, then this will be altered and looked at as well.

Gameplay- We'll go with the official rules with the exception of celebrating. Most people seem to agree that diving/celebrating should be allowed, especially considering its suppose to be a fun league. Obviously, take into consideration the score/who you are playing. Obviously, if you know its someone who doesn't like that sort of thing or they request you don't do it then just avoid it for that game. Or if the score is out of hand, just let it be, be respectful and just run it in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rules are posted and I still plan on advancing around 8 pm est. Ill edit the rules into the op when I have a chance to get on my laptop.

[quote name='Chetty12']
We'll go with the official rules with the exception of celebrating. Most people seem to agree that diving/celebrating should be allowed, especially considering its suppose to be a fun league. Obviously, take into consideration the score/who you are playing. Obviously, if you know its someone who doesn't like that sort of thing or they request you don't do it then just avoid it for that game. Or if the score is out of hand, just let it be, be respectful and just run it in.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Wow, that's pretty sad. I'll let it be known right now then: I think that crap is juvenile and pathetic, so if there's going to be a "please don't do that shit when you're playing me" list (either formal or informal) you can put my name at the top.

[quote name='Chetty12']
Difficulty- For now, all pro won the vote. This was probably the closest vote. This will also be looked at during the offseason. I just want to reiterate, I don't expect to see people mining XP off CPU games by running up the score. [/QUOTE]

You might want to think about defining what's acceptable and what's not against the CPU. It's very difficult for experienced Madden players (which all of us are) to not run up the score on the CPU, especially on All-Pro. You can ease off the gas at halftime and still win 50-0 fairly easily.

[quote name='Chetty12']
Difficulty- For now, all pro won the vote. This was probably the closest vote. This will also be looked at during the offseason. I just want to reiterate, I don't expect to see people mining XP off CPU games by running up the score. [/QUOTE]

You might want to think about defining what's acceptable and what's not against the CPU. It's very difficult for experienced Madden players (which all of us are) to not run up the score on the CPU, especially on All-Pro. You can ease off the gas at halftime and still win 50-0 fairly easily.

Certainly I expect to see 50 to whatever or even 60 to whatever. But if its getting to the point where someone is repeatedly getting in the 70's or 80's, then that's the problem. Its just unnecessary to score that much and to not be trying to run down the clock.

[quote name='Chetty12']Ok I had a chance to go over everyone's votes. Here are the rules.

Time- 5 minutes no runoff. Only 2 people voted for 6 minutes, the rest went with 5 minutes.

Injury- On, only one voted for injuries off.

Salary cap- For now, its on but we'll rejudge this come the offseason.

Difficulty- For now, all pro won the vote. This was probably the closest vote. This will also be looked at during the offseason. I just want to reiterate, I don't expect to see people mining XP off CPU games by running up the score.

Trade with cpu- Off, only 3 people voted to have this on.

Trades with humans- On, but everyone agrees there still needs to be a way to judge. The way I'm proposing is that every trade, if you can get 4 other users that are not a part of the trade then the trade will be approved. If the trade is outrageous, Im reserving the right to call for a community vote. Majority will decide. Also if I see a group of people just working together to get trades approved unfairly, then this will be altered and looked at as well.

Gameplay- We'll go with the official rules with the exception of celebrating. Most people seem to agree that diving/celebrating should be allowed, especially considering its suppose to be a fun league. Obviously, take into consideration the score/who you are playing. Obviously, if you know its someone who doesn't like that sort of thing or they request you don't do it then just avoid it for that game. Or if the score is out of hand, just let it be, be respectful and just run it in.[/QUOTE]

is that injury on for regular season and pre season or just regular? if its both im not playing starters anymore during preseason thats for sure. i know voted yes on injuries but that was long before i knew that they could be on during the pre season.

EDIT: u can dive into the endzone on me even if ur up 50-0 on me tds are meant to be celebrated and so is success

Looking to swap LGs. I have Chris Spencer, 75 OVR, 84 run blk, 73 pass blk, 81 impact blk, 86 strength. I want his pass blk equivalent (swap the run and pass blk stats). Any takers?

Edit: just checked every user team...that player doesn't exist!

Doom and I are in the awkward position of having to play each other in preseason week 3 and then next week in the other league. We'll see if this is the "show absolutely nothing" bowl. :D

[quote name='bvharris']Doom and I are in the awkward position of having to play each other in preseason week 3 and then next week in the other league. We'll see if this is the "show absolutely nothing" bowl. :D[/QUOTE]

lol wut u seen this game expect the opposite in the next one

In case anyone is wondering, I will be rocking the Chargers powder blues every single game this season. Love those uniforms.

We have advanced on to week 3 of the preseason. We'll be advancing around the same time to week 4 tomorrow.

[quote name='Hemingway012']Casey Hayward MVP of preseason? 5 INT[/QUOTE]

idk
taiwan jones 181 ryshing yards 4 TDs 142 rec yards 2 TDs

well just got done playing mog felt good about the first quarter both starting defenses played well. after starters went out this game was his for sure. but i feel 100% good with my starts fleener might get moved to number 2 TE schefler is better i thin koffer all wise hes better but looking at the numbers i thoguht fleener would be my start but now im thinking not so much

[quote name='Docb9110']Anyone else see Rothlisberger had like 5 TDS? One hell of a first quarter! Lol[/QUOTE]

If the game was simulated, the subs don't go in.

I'm headed to bed in a little bit, hem will be advancing for me around 9 pm Est. We'll be advancing to week 1 of the regular season tomorrow around a similar time.

Chargers trounce the Vikings 49-17. Certainly eyebrow raising, I might trust this outcome a bit more if Mr. Doom and I weren't playing next week in the main league. He's a wily operator, that one. ;)

Still, very happy with how my team is shaping up.

[quote name='perdition(troy']whats the best way to get in touch with matt?[/QUOTE]

wuts the best way to get ahold of u lol. i pmed u and u didnt respond we play week 1 regular season ;)

[quote name='Chetty12']We'll be advancing at 9 p.m tonight. Deadline for week 1 will be 11 pm est Sunday.[/QUOTE]

is Bseti going to update the banner

[quote name='DVO21']is Bseti going to update the banner[/QUOTE]

This would definitely be helpful. Or just start a new thread so Chetty can update it.

Bengals 34 Ravens 27 very close game

RG3QBR 87.8 259 yards 3 TD 2 INT
Lamar Miller 97 yards and RG3 added 35 yards
A.J Green 78 yards
Cromartie,Robinson, Mays, and Shields all had a pick.

Manning QBR 66.6 180 yards 2 TD 4 INT
Johnson 129 yards 1 TD
Smith 56 yards 1 TD
Smith and Kruger each had a pick and Wagner added 3 sacks.

GG COOL look forward to this rivial.

Really going to wish we were on All-Madden for these CPU games. I'm up 45-0 before halftime without a single defensive TD. Doesn't help that the Raiders' QB is Donovan McNabb whose only moves seem to be pick and 3-and-out. I'm going to need to spend the entire second half bleeding clock just to avoid scoring 100 points. :lol:

Chargers open up the season 59-3 over the CPU Raiders. 52 points in the first half, 7 in the second. That's how taking your foot off the gas is done. :D

My first matchup is a division game vs Cru. Getting thrown right into the fire! Expect my losing streak across all Madden leagues to continue. I think I'm 0-5 now. Maybe 0-6.

[quote name='sprice8688']I only have 5 CPU games[/QUOTE]

I envy you, I'm in almost the exact opposite situation. Yeah, I'll have a very good shot of making the playoffs, but I won't be nearly as battle-tested with this team when I get there.

ive been in contact with the guy i play but hes been busy with his pregnant wife thats sick so just waiting on the word from him of when its good for him to play

bread's done
Back