The Walking Dead: Episode 1 Free on Xbox Live

Can't pass this deal up. I'll probably pick up ep2-5 on the 28th if the price is right. 240mp or lower

[quote name='Mjkjets']Can't pass this deal up. I'll probably pick up ep2-5 on the 28th if the price is right. 240mp or lower[/QUOTE]
When do they go on sale?

This thread will probably get deleted, just like the last one did. There's two other threads on the main page that mention more than enough times that this is free today.

[quote name='Chesskid1']thanks for the heads up.

hoping the rest of the episodes will be free soon as well[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing this is to encourage people to purchase the full game instead.

Because of this episodes 2-5 are going to sell a ton on Friday. I already got the first two episodes free on PSN so depending on how deep the discount is I'll probably pick the rest up on 360.

[quote name='Chesskid1']thanks for the heads up.

hoping the rest of the episodes will be free soon as well[/QUOTE]

Keep dreaming ;)

[quote name='guyver2077']aww.. was hoping the rest of the eps were on sale already[/QUOTE]

Naw, since the 2-5 sale is one day only, Microsoft did right by releasing Episode 1 early enough to let everyone get their 1-2 hours in before deciding that they indeed will be buying 2-5.

Although there is a free section and an XBLA DOTW thread and a "crapton of XBLA sales next week" thread, this specific offer still deserves its own thread.

[quote name='Kerig']Naw, since the 2-5 sale is one day only, Microsoft did right by releasing Episode 1 early enough to let everyone get their 1-2 hours in before deciding that they indeed will be buying 2-5.

Although there is a free section and an XBLA DOTW thread and a "crapton of XBLA sales next week" thread, this specific offer still deserves its own thread.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I have a direct link on my mobile device to the "deal" section, and I rarely find myself to the free section. So I am actually very thankful the OP made a topic here.

Surprising that this hasn't really been advertised on the dashboard. The game is actually quite good, and totally different than what Telltale usually does, (Lego and family games).

[quote name='preston181']Surprising that this hasn't really been advertised on the dashboard. The game is actually quite good, and totally different than what Telltale usually does, (Lego and family games).[/QUOTE]

You're thinking of TT Games. Not Telltale Games. Different companies with confusingly similar names.

[quote name='angelfly']Because of this episodes 2-5 are going to sell a ton on Friday. I already got the first two episodes free on PSN so depending on how deep the discount is I'll probably pick the rest up on 360.
[/QUOTE]

So the first two eps are free on PSN right now too?

[quote name='monash65']So the first two eps are free on PSN right now too?[/QUOTE]

I believe that was a limited-time deal for PS+ members which has since expired.

[quote name='Electrode05']Quick question. Is this game better on PC?
Or does it even matter?[/QUOTE]

I think it's basically the same on everything. For me though, I find the controller a bit weird, using the mouse is much better IMO since this is sort of like the old point and click adventure games. Actually works great on iPad as well.

[quote name='Mugatu']I think it's basically the same on everything. For me though, I find the controller a bit weird, using the mouse is much better IMO since this is sort of like the old point and click adventure games. Actually works great on iPad as well.[/QUOTE]

^

I finished the game last night and it might be one of the best games I've played in years. Clem

[quote name='Mugatu']I think it's basically the same on everything. For me though, I find the controller a bit weird, using the mouse is much better IMO since this is sort of like the old point and click adventure games. Actually works great on iPad as well.[/QUOTE]

I played it on the PC using an xbox controller. Since the whole game revolves around 4 buttons for everything, it felt more natural using ABXY on a controller.

Nice move by Xbox. Take this free so u get hooked and buy the rest of the episodes...hoping for 50% off on the 28th. The full game for 800MSP would be sweet.

I have never tried to download something on Xbox that is not available in my region. If I create a US account and download it to my Xbox will I be able to play the game using my au Xbox account (similar to what can be done with a ps3).

Game is banned in Australia ( oddly enough only on Xbox, not pc or iOS)

[quote name='kcobra22']I played it on the PC using an xbox controller. Since the whole game revolves around 4 buttons for everything, it felt more natural using ABXY on a controller.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about that - I just prefer the mouse for moving the cursor versus using the thumbstick.

[quote name='mopar-man']For some reason, episodes 1-5 were FREE for me to download. :)[/QUOTE]

Not mine, I just checked 3 mins ago after beating Ep 1...I enjoyed Ep 1 though, and now I'm ready for the discounted episodes! I love when my wife can sit through the entire game watching. Not many games hold her attention.

[quote name='mopar-man']For some reason, episodes 1-5 were FREE for me to download. :)[/QUOTE]

You sure its not the free behind the scenes videos?

[quote name='kdiddy1989']Nice move by Xbox. Take this free so u get hooked and buy the rest of the episodes...hoping for 50% off on the 28th. The full game for 800MSP would be sweet.[/QUOTE]

Just got a 1600 MS points card for Xmas...was planning on using it for this as well!

What is the normal retail price for an episode, 800 MS Points? The game is good but it's basically an interactive movie. I can't fathom paying $10 an episode. If the other 4 episodes are on sale for $5 each, $20 seems right for the entire season.

[quote name='Kendro']What is the normal retail price for an episode, 800 MS Points? The game is good but it's basically an interactive movie. I can't fathom paying $10 an episode. If the other 4 episodes are on sale for $5 each, $20 seems right for the entire season.[/QUOTE]

The episodes are normally 400 points each.

[quote name='Jeweled']Episode 2-5 DRM Free. Search at piratesbay. Use Horizon and USB flash card.[/QUOTE]

lol Lamborghini Aventador free too. Just need a gun and no inhibitions. Way to go there sparky.

bread's done
Back