• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 Raider209

Raider209

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

I did a PM with no quantities in stock.

Thanks ill be in best buy in the morning !!

#32 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

for those you of you in the phx area of az. The camelback store has two copy and I price match my dot com order!.

#33 DiaperDandee

DiaperDandee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

So this will be good tomorrow as it is a new week?

#34 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

I assume so but no way of knowing for sure.

#35 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

I assume so but no way of knowing for sure.

It's a clearance price not a weekly sale price.

Edited by Romeo, 30 December 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#36 DiaperDandee

DiaperDandee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

I went and couldn't get a PM. I think they said no Best Buy in the state of Michigan had them in stock so I couldn't get it.

#37 Havokscry

Havokscry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

I went in for a price match this morning. The cashier looked it up in the system and it came up as $59.99. I don't know if she entered the price wrong for the price match or if the system automatically pulls it up. Pretty happy paying $40 for the collector's set. $60 with price match - the $20 in reward zone certificates.

#38 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

I went in for a price match this morning. The cashier looked it up in the system and it came up as $59.99. I don't know if she entered the price wrong for the price match or if the system automatically pulls it up. Pretty happy paying $40 for the collector's set. $60 with price match - the $20 in reward zone certificates.

That's nuts. You're making me regret not getting it two months ago.

#39 DiaperDandee

DiaperDandee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Do the store that you guys are getting the PM at have them in stock or do other nearby Best Buy's have them in stock?

#40 Chux

Chux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

Alright, so I printed my receipt from dot com, and I plan on bringing it to my local store.

That should be all I need right?

Edit: The website doesn't even show it anymore. Anybody have any luck bringing it up in case I get questioned? Don't want to be that guy saying "The internet told me the price went down!"

#41 Havokscry

Havokscry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

I just brought my receipt in and she looked it up in the system off of the receipt.

#42 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Anyone have any success Pming a Dot Com order. I did ship to storelike a week after release. I wish I could just go to store.

I made an online order, so the rep called a local Best Buy near to confirm price and stock. I just got a PM, but your local store might need stock for it. It's pretty much YMMV if the rep needs to call the store.

If you have issues with calling in try going into the store with your order number to PM. PM for online orders are handled as return repurchase or exchange, so you may lose you Gamer's Unlocked RZ points.

#43 avalanche4

avalanche4

What's an avalanche4?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

I went and couldn't get a PM. I think they said no Best Buy in the state of Michigan had them in stock so I couldn't get it.

I'm in Michigan and I just got back from adjusting my release-day copy. I only brought my receipt and I simply said I would like a price adjustment on this game that should be currently on sale. I let the register/worker do the work and it was like any other return or price match.

I feel much better about $70 for the LE. I was on the fence of the value at $100 and definitely felt ripped off after some of the perks were given away for free, but this seems like I'm getting more than I paid for. Thanks to aircobra for posting this.

#44 DiaperDandee

DiaperDandee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

I'm in Michigan and I just got back from adjusting my release-day copy. I only brought my receipt and I simply said I would like a price adjustment on this game that should be currently on sale. I let the register/worker do the work and it was like any other return or price match.

I feel much better about $70 for the LE. I was on the fence of the value at $100 and definitely felt ripped off after some of the perks were given away for free, but this seems like I'm getting more than I paid for. Thanks to aircobra for posting this.

Dang, I think I would have gotten it but the girl helping me got hung up on the limited edition guide and was confused on what item I wanted to get price matched. Maybe I will try another Best Buy later.

#45 Boutsisavath

Boutsisavath

I tell ya hwat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Question. I'm wanting the Season Pass for Halo 4 with little concern for Limited Edition extras. Would it be a cheaper choice for me to trade in my vanilla copy of Halo 4 and get the LE or just find some cheap Microsoft Points for the Season Pass. I could care less about the other contents of the LE. Season Pass is my main concern.
Posted Image Posted Image

#46 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Question. I'm wanting the Season Pass for Halo 4 with little concern for Limited Edition extras. Would it be a cheaper choice for me to trade in my vanilla copy of Halo 4 and get the LE or just find some cheap Microsoft Points for the Season Pass. I could care less about the other contents of the LE. Season Pass is my main concern.

You'll get a little more than $30 for your tradein, so the season pass + other bonuses is going to set you back $40, while buying MSP at current prices is going to set you back about $20 for 2000 for the season pass on XBL. Unless you're planning on selling the Steelbook and notebook and stuff to cover the differences, it won't be worth it.

Edited by Lemstar, 30 December 2012 - 08:35 PM.

#47 Boutsisavath

Boutsisavath

I tell ya hwat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

You'll get a little more than $30 for your tradein, so the season pass + other bonuses is going to set you back $40, while buying MSRP at current prices is going to set you back about $20 for 2000 for the season pass on XBL. Unless you're planning on selling the Steelbook and notebook and stuff to cover the differences, it won't be worth it.

Thanks for the quick response!
Posted Image Posted Image

#48 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Does anybody know how the personal shopper program works for silver members? I saw one at a store about 40 miles away a few days ago, but passed thinking my local store still had some. I was wrong and if I understand things properly, they would ship one over from the other store. Is this how it works?

EDIT: I was able to call and have them hold the them at the farther store, and they are $69.99.

Edited by sassylaurie, 30 December 2012 - 08:47 PM.

#49 JediJames2

JediJames2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

Nice. Took about 30 minutes on the phone with customer service but I managed to price match my In Store Pickup I had made. Can't beat $30+tax back and getting that $20 reward certificate for pre-ordering!

#50 Chux

Chux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

Walked in with my receipt, went to customer service, walked out with $31.08 back in my account in 5 minutes.

Thanks for the heads up!

#51 DiaperDandee

DiaperDandee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

Went to a different Best Buy and got the Price Match. I really don't think she found the game in the computer because she looked for it for 5 minutes and then asked "How much was it on sale for again?" and within 30 seconds she put $31.80 on my credit card. I won't complain.

#52 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

Walked in with my receipt, went to customer service, walked out with $31.08 back in my account in 5 minutes.

Thanks for the heads up!

Same here, thanks OP!

uc.png

#53 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

man, this went off without a hitch. They didn't even notice the 'package promotion' from when I bought the guide with it. $32.xx refunded to my BB CC.

And for all those that aren't getting the PM due to it not being in stock, I ran a few possible throwbacks in my head on the way to the store: 1) well yeah, seeing as if the store only got enough for pre-orders, I wouldn't expect you to have any and/or 2) oh, thats no problem, I still have it sealed at home and can be right back to do a return re-buy (and hopefully the don't call the bluff b/c you know that sh*t ain't still sealed :lol:)
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#54 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:02 AM

so how have people gotten a pm for online orders? can't view the item page or price
http://www.bestbuy.c...97789&lp=1&cp=1

#55 MidRetro

MidRetro

Game Completist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

Thanks, OP, just finished a call with BB Online post purchase support and they PM'd me with no issue. I wouldn't have found this on my own, so many thanks!

Currently Playing:
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Animal Crossing:New Leaf & Mario Golf: World Tour
:ds: Nothing
:360: Shinobi+Hanzo.jpg

#56 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

I am currently in Aruba, I called from here and they just called my local store and price adjusted no problem, took less than 10 minutes. Thanks OP and happy new year everyone!

#57 BigPoppa99

BigPoppa99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Got shut down in Rego Park NY. Manager said had to have in store stock.

#58 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Managed to have customer service match in store even though it was an online order with an override.

#59 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Got shut down in Rego Park NY. Manager said had to have in store stock.

Try another store. You could also do a return/rebuy I believe.

#60 bfett9

bfett9

Stop Looking at Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Thanks op got the $$$ in my account!
Posted Image