WWE 13 $29.99 @ GameStop

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 StoneNinja

StoneNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

For those of you that were unable to get this on Black Friday at $25 this is the next best thing.

PS3: http://www.gamestop....s/wwe-13/102140

XB360: http://www.gamestop....s/wwe-13/102141

#2 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Nice price, if I didn't already have it I'd definitely buy it for this price.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#3 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Game Over!
Our server was unable to process your request. Please try again.

If our server continues to be uncooperative, please send an email to help@gamestop.com.

Just like GS.

#4 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

I got it on Black Friday, but I second that it's worth every penny! It's SO much better than WWE 12 and one of the most fun sports games out today. Excellent game!

#5 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Definitely a good game. Surprised it dropped to $30 already, it seemed like WWE '12 took forever to get that low (which is why I ended up skipping it and pre-ordering WWE '13).

#6 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Definitely a good game. Surprised it dropped to $30 already, it seemed like WWE '12 took forever to get that low (which is why I ended up skipping it and pre-ordering WWE '13).

12 was 30 BBY as a DOTD Dec 2011 I believe. You are right though in general WWE games don't drop fast.

#7 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

All About That Bass, No Treble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

i want to pull the trigger on this but i fear that as i don't watch wresting any longer i will have no idea who the heck the guys are in the game.

i used to watch with stone cold and the rock and triple h

heard of but never seen cena

#8 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Anyone going to wrestlemania 29 this yr? I'm going along with my friend and it wil be my first wrestling event ever. Kind a crazy too because I shelled out over $850 for two tickets. But I think the seat it close enough to the action so I can't wait.

#9 blitzbllmstr

blitzbllmstr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

for those on the fence http://www.giantbomb...-wwe13/17-6774/

I should note, I haven't bought a WWE fame since the 2010 game used for 14.99 and before that Here Comes The Pain for ps2 and I'm considering this because it looks like its fun and has the Attitude era guys I know. I'm like Vinny in the quick look above, I don't know any of the new guys.
I haven't paid full price for a game since Dec 2005

#10 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

i want to pull the trigger on this but i fear that as i don't watch wresting any longer i will have no idea who the heck the guys are in the game.

Hey I stopped watching around the same time too, I played WWE 12' at my little cousins house and I was lost at who all the new guys were. Only a few classics remained. I know 13' has some WWE 90's legends in it but its up to you. Playing royal rumble and only knowing 10 of the 60wrestlers was not as exciting. Lol

#11 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

I haven't played a wrestling game since WWF No Mercy on the N64 and I haven't watched wrestling since before then but I am intrigued by this game. A store near me had a preowned copy and I have a 20% off coupon for my birthday so I might give it a shot for $19.XX + tax.

TheVila.png

#12 bfauble83

bfauble83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hey I stopped watching around the same time too, I played WWE 12' at my little cousins house and I was lost at who all the new guys were. Only a few classics remained. I know 13' has some WWE 90's legends in it but its up to you. Playing royal rumble and only knowing 10 of the 60wrestlers was not as exciting. Lol

The entire storyline mode revolves around the attitude era, so if you watched in the mid/late 90's - 2000's pick it up.
Posted Image

#13 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

I'm not able to order. For whatever reason, I get this when checking out:

"Thank you for choosing GameStop.com. Based on your billing information entered, we are unable to process your order at this time."

WTH?

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#14 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Like someone else said, the story mode of the game is replaying the Attitude era. Then there's also a WWE Universe mode which is like their franchise mode, but you can import any created wrestlers, or even the Attitude era guys.

This price is good in-store also. Strat guides are 50% off also.

#15 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

This games awesome. I bought it for $25, and I would be willing to pay full price for it.

The Royal Rumble is a blast. It's awesome with a good number of people. The Attitude Era is solid. It does feel like all you do is pin Mick Foley though.

$30, is a very good price.

#16 beard.

beard.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Are there any codes that come with the new one or should I just buy the used?

#17 Vendetta

Vendetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Are there any codes that come with the new one or should I just buy the used?

There's an online pass.

#18 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

FYI - Launch copies have Mike Tyson DLC packed in. look for the copies with the Mike Tyson sticker on the front casing.

#19 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Picked up my used copy at Gamestop and the Mike Tyson had been redeemed already *bummer* but the Online Pass Code hadn't been redeemed, yay!

TheVila.png

#20 sawyerbrwnfan

sawyerbrwnfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Just bought this at Best Buy last friday. Need to go back to price match.

#21 Wint3rSoldier

Wint3rSoldier

Put it in ur Mouf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

is THQ still releasing DLC for this?

IamMedellin.pngcard.png

#22 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

^The final DLC comes out within the week I believe and that will be all as far as I know.

I picked this up today for $29.99 as well. Been wanting it since it came out but I refuse to pay $40+ for a game anymore. Missed out on Black Friday (Walmart only got in 2 copies...you see how that poses an issue). Hoped to get for Christmas but didn't...but those Visa/AmEx giftcards came in handy today.

Very happy to have the game and been enjoying it all afternoon.

This is seriously the best WWE game they've produced in years imo. A lot of that has to do with the nostalgia factor for me...I haven't liked wrestling since like 2004 but I still watch it on occassion.

If you're on the fence...buy it.

#23 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

is THQ still releasing DLC for this?

I mean there is a season passo im assuming yes.

#24 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

Is there a free shipping code for Gamestop.com? I can't recall.

Edit: SAVER for free shipping. Can't believe I forgot that. Remembered as soon as I posted.

#25 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

^The final DLC comes out within the week I believe and that will be all as far as I know.

I picked this up today for $29.99 as well. Been wanting it since it came out but I refuse to pay $40+ for a game anymore. Missed out on Black Friday (Walmart only got in 2 copies...you see how that poses an issue). Hoped to get for Christmas but didn't...but those Visa/AmEx giftcards came in handy today.

Very happy to have the game and been enjoying it all afternoon.

This is seriously the best WWE game they've produced in years imo. A lot of that has to do with the nostalgia factor for me...I haven't liked wrestling since like 2004 but I still watch it on occassion.

If you're on the fence...buy it.

Aww yeah Antonio Cesaro

#26 aladdnzane

aladdnzane

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

Looks like Amazon dropped this to 29.99 to price match as well.

#27 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

Good deal for offline play. :)

Online is a mess though.
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#28 brianace

brianace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

I bailed out on professional wrestling before the "attitude era", and even I love this game.
The user generated content is just absurd. The community has created a ton of amazing created wrestlers from every era, and then some. Have you ever wanted to see how the tag team of Superman and the Incredible Hulk would fare against Mortal Kombat's Liu Kang and Scorpion? You can do that.
I really look forward to using the create story tools and sharing online. The 15 second user-generated masterpiece "The Big Show Makes Smores" has inspired me.

#29 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

is it better on either console?

#30 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

i have a few tyson codes a buddy gave me from blockbuster for 360 and ps3.

i'm still on the fence about buying this

pm me one, I'll owe ya something