Target Clearance - Uncharted 2: GOTY $5.98 In Store

Its been up for a long while , price couldn't ring up @ my local target also target wont pm there website and bb couldnt price match for me cuhs of "online price" thing.

the goty voucher is expired, and sony wont reimburse anyone for it. just a heads up in case anyone wants it for that reason.

[quote name='taylort3']the goty voucher is expired, and sony wont reimburse anyone for it. just a heads up in case anyone wants it for that reason.[/QUOTE]

Dang. Yeah. Just tried the code. Oh well.

..........And, getting this price is YMMV.....as far as an online price match goes.

Sucks about the online voucher but more than worth it for the game. Might pick it up since I need to pick up some juice. Borrowed a friends copy to play it, now I can finally own it even though I beat it twice.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']haha I think this was first reported like a year ago...wonder why Target has had this on their website this long?[/QUOTE]

Wow. That is a long time. I didn't know about this price til' around 2 months ago.

Limited stock in the Moorhead store 10 miles from here. I might have to chance it. I sold my copy of UC2 a while ago and have been wanting to get it back on the cheap ever since. Thanks OP.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']I thought they made all of the DLC for this game free a while back?[/QUOTE]

It was just for a limited time I believe

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Its been up for a long while , price couldn't ring up @ my local target also target wont pm there website and bb couldnt price match for me cuhs of "online price" thing.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar experience; rang up $29.99 and two stores shot me down for online PM because they holiday price match guarantee no longer applies.

What are the chances that they will make a version that comes with all 3 Uncharted games, kind of like what they did with Killzone and Resistance?

[quote name='TheGoofyGoober']What are the chances that they will make a version that comes with all 3 Uncharted games, kind of like what they did with Killzone and Resistance?[/QUOTE]

Very high, I would imagine.

i was able to do a price match at BB for $5.98. Just had to show the cashier the price online and stock checker via Phone.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']I thought they made all of the DLC for this game free a while back?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']It was just for a limited time I believe[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got in on this awhile back. I think someone here told me there was an exclusive digital comic that was only available through the voucher.

At $6, I'd settle for the non-game of the year edition since I have most of the essential DLC already. (I gave my sealed copy of Uncharted 2:GOTY to a friend for Christmas.)

So basically Sony sells a game new but the codes for the DLC are a limited time thing?
How does that make sense?

How is Gamestop the bad guy again when Sony pulls shit like this!

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']Thanks for making me waste a trip....29.99[/QUOTE]

Its a clearance deal and you should have know its YMMV.
It has been mentioned several times in the posting.

I printed out the target online 5.98 price and price matched the game up front at target customer service with a managers approval. Thanks for the post.

[quote name='MoneyMan']I printed out the target online 5.98 price and price matched the game up front at target customer service with a managers approval. Thanks for the post.[/QUOTE]

Very ymmv, jealous that you got it to work.

[quote name='Slappybob']So basically Sony sells a game new but the codes for the DLC are a limited time thing?
How does that make sense?

How is Gamestop the bad guy again when Sony pulls shit like this![/QUOTE]
No shit.
I was very happy with the fact that Arkham City had the DLC on the disc (except the movie), I was expecting to download shit all evening.

Luckily, I opened Uncharted 2 that CAME WITH THE DAMN HOLIDAY BUNDLE and downloaded the stuff last week.

The best part is--the stuff with Infamous 2 lasts until 3/31/13, unlike Uncharted.

[quote name='MoneyMan']I printed out the target online 5.98 price and price matched the game up front at target customer service with a managers approval. Thanks for the post.[/QUOTE]

Does your DLC voucher work?

Apparently, there are three versions of the Game of the Year version. The black label, red label Greatest Hits, and red label Greatest Hits with Uncharted 3 Theme DLC. According to some posts on gamefaqs, the red label Greatest Hits with Uncharted 3 Theme DLC vouchers still work but the others do not?

Can anyone verify?

Damn, just try to redeem my code and it's not working. Soo the cs won't help if we just bought this game recently?! It's technically like I bight it used if the dlc which makes it goty new!

[quote name='Brother Daz']It was just for a limited time I believe[/QUOTE]

I grabbed it all just for that reason. ;)

My experience. They had a dozen or so Uncharted 2:GOTY and I asked if they match thier online prices. Clerk says they do and gets one out to take to service counter.

Service counter lady was...not nice. First she said she would check with her manager. He said yes. Then she said she would have to seethe price. I showed her it on my phone and she inspected it carefully. She then got someone to lend her a tablet to "verify" my online price. She saw exact same thing as was on my pphone. She then grimaced and said "this is the special edition though" to which I agreed and pointed out that was edition that was on sale. She seemed upset with me and then said "it is a red greatest hits, I can not match this" in a smug tone. I tried to explain that is just a marketing package and it is the exact same game. She said I did not know what I was talking about and flat out refused to match it.

I would have been cool if they just said they do not match their website, but the run around of basically doing everything to not price match left a bad taste in my mouth. YMMV on who ever works the service counter or manages the store.

[quote name='ck76']My experience. They had a dozen or so Uncharted 2:GOTY and I asked if they match thier online prices. Clerk says they do and gets one out to take to service counter.

Service counter lady was...not nice. First she said she would check with her manager. He said yes. Then she said she would have to seethe price. I showed her it on my phone and she inspected it carefully. She then got someone to lend her a tablet to "verify" my online price. She saw exact same thing as was on my pphone. She then grimaced and said "this is the special edition though" to which I agreed and pointed out that was edition that was on sale. She seemed upset with me and then said "it is a red greatest hits, I can not match this" in a smug tone. I tried to explain that is just a marketing package and it is the exact same game. She said I did not know what I was talking about and flat out refused to match it.

I would have been cool if they just said they do not match their website, but the run around of basically doing everything to not price match left a bad taste in my mouth. YMMV on who ever works the service counter or manages the store.[/QUOTE]
Wow, that's pretty terrible on her part.

[quote name='ck76']My experience. They had a dozen or so Uncharted 2:GOTY and I asked if they match thier online prices. Clerk says they do and gets one out to take to service counter.

I would have been cool if they just said they do not match their website, but the run around of basically doing everything to not price match left a bad taste in my mouth. YMMV on who ever works the service counter or manages the store.[/QUOTE]

Have them try searching target.com with the UPC on the game. The UPC is tried to the DPCI. I tried a UPC search just now and it worked. Greatest Hits versions nearly always have the same UPC as the regular editions. The UPCs don't match only if the Greatest Hits edition comes with something the regular edition did not, such as with Midnight Club LA or Heavy Rain.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Does your DLC voucher work?

Apparently, there are three versions of the Game of the Year version. The black label, red label Greatest Hits, and red label Greatest Hits with Uncharted 3 Theme DLC. According to some posts on gamefaqs, the red label Greatest Hits with Uncharted 3 Theme DLC vouchers still work but the others do not?

Can anyone verify?[/QUOTE]

My dlc code did not work. I got the see through regular ps3 cover game of the year edition. But i had downloaded some of the content free when the playstation store made it available.

Here's an extra Red Case code, already had one from a previous purchase, if anyone wants to try and see if it works. Please report if you use it:

DTRM-3KBT-D8JR

[quote name='Raiders4life']Does Best Buy price match this? I don't understand why Target wouldn't considering it's on there own website!?[/QUOTE]

THe closest store to me that had it wouldn't match because the website said it is the "online price"

[quote name='PikkonFusion']After going to three Target stores, I was able to get it pm. Good lookin out :)[/QUOTE]
lucky. none of my targets was able to PM clearance items on their own website.

[quote name='Raiders4life']Does Best Buy price match this? I don't understand why Target wouldn't considering it's on there own website!?[/QUOTE]
Maybe because it says "
clearance.gif
" right above the title of the game. :roll:

[quote name='taylort3']the goty voucher is expired, and sony wont reimburse anyone for it. just a heads up in case anyone wants it for that reason.[/QUOTE]
Holy shiza. They need to start putting expiration dates on games with limited-time vouchers (on the box itself). My copy is still in my backlog.

oh crap. I bought uncharted 1/2 dual pack and it's in my backlog as well. Do you guys recall if there was an expiration date on it as well as Uncharted 3 GOTY?

Had an associate ring the game up even though it clearly said $29.99

Ran up $29.99, and he told me that the game IS discontinued, and that it can go clearance at any point within the next 2 weeks, and to either call or check back once or twice a week.

My store only had 3, and that's all they got/have/will get

My local store had none, and usually when you tip off an employee about a game possibly going clearance, guaranteed they keep it on tabs for themselves. The endcap where the clearance games had been is no more. I already own Uncharted 2 though but figured if I was able to find it I'd get it in case someone was looking for it.

Truly disappointed. My dual pack did had a expired super voucher and I called Sony and there's nothing they can do...

Thanks OP. I went to the gaming section and it rang up $29.99 so I asked the employee working in the gaming section if he priced match the online price. He just said go up to the front register and they can do it. So I bring it up to the front and tell her that the guy in the back said I could price match this from online. All she said was "Sure, what's the price?" Since it was already so cheap, I wasn't going to lie and say it was any cheaper, and I just told her "$5.98." Let's just say I think I found my favorite Target employee for all my price matches.

[quote name='CaptainEnforcer']Thanks OP. I went to the gaming section and it rang up $29.99 so I asked the employee working in the gaming section if he priced match the online price. He just said go up to the front register and they can do it. So I bring it up to the front and tell her that the guy in the back said I could price match this from online. All she said was "Sure, what's the price?" Since it was already so cheap, I wasn't going to lie and say it was any cheaper, and I just told her "$5.98." Let's just say I think I found my favorite Target employee for all my price matches.[/QUOTE]
Can you introduce me to her?

bread's done
Back