Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

2013 Yard Sale Thread

• Please log in to reply
1229 replies to this topic

#1171 Kaipper

Kaipper

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

Got a Wii steering wheel and balance board plus Wii Fit and some sports game for $12 today. Then picked up disc-only copies of GTA 4 (360), Assassin's Creed (360), and Zelda Ocarina of Time (GC) for another $12. So nothing great, but I'll make a little profit.

Also got some DVDs: Lord of the Rings trilogy for $5, Law and Order second season for $2.50, and 88 Minutes (blu-ray version) for $2.50.

#1172 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

Finds 5-25-13

Not much around for this weekend.

bzmm.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Each of the following groups are from separate sales.  All the movies and Soul Reaver 2 was $2.  Terminator Salvation PS3 was $4.  Talked the sellers down on Super Mario Galaxy from $10 to $5.

lv97.jpg

Autographs.  All for $5.  There were more in the group but they were water damaged.  It's possible they are counterfeit, they each came with a "certificate of authenticity" that looked like a photocopy.  They are officially licensed photos, though (have the hologram).  For $5 I'll take a chance.  I'm going to have the Penny/Shaq photo authenticated.  If it turns out ok I'll get the Penny checked also.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#1173 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

Finds 5-31-13

There was a highway sale this particular weekend, but it was cool with scattered rain and drizzle.  Myself and a few members of the family went out anyway, there were many sellers willing to wheel and deal because of the lack of traffic.

qlzh.jpg

Found this at a sale under a large tent for $7.  First time I've run into a Coleco Vision in the wild around here.

s37s.jpg

Saw this at a house that started setting up after a brief rain.  I was the first person to approach the sale.  First grabbed the PS1 for $1 because I wanted the PS2 controllers.  The lady asked if I was interested in more video games and I said "sure, I guess". ;)  She pulls out the Xbox with hookups, no controllers with RDR and offers them for $3.  Unfortunately RDR has a crack on the spindle.  She then mentions she has a Nintendo and excuses herself to go find it.

1moa.jpg

Only items in the box are the Styrofoam packing,  power pad in box, the Nintendo, and A/V hookup.  She says she will take $5 for it.  Sure, why not. :razz:  Walked away paying $9 for all of it.  I already have all the stuff needed to complete the Nintendo setup so not bad!

xvix.jpg

Found these at various sales.  CDs were $1 each, BB King DVD was $1, GNR VHS were $0.50 each, Saw PS3 talked down to $3, Ted Bluray was $3. 

Saw an extremely filthy Nintendo Wii for $30, passed.  It looked like they blew cigarette smoke directly into the vents then kicked dust onto it.  Also the controllers appeared to be mauled by the family dog or young child.  At this point I made a goal for myself, to find a nice condition Wii for $40 before the season was over.

Spoiler

#1174 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

Finds 6-1-13

There was a sale advertising DS games, so I was out bright and early to get prime choice.  I find the sale and there is nothing set up.  I decide to hit a few other sales and swing back by later.

2dgj.jpg

Found this at an unadvertised sale for $20.  Almost missed it, the box was under a table but FFVII was on top of a table above it.  Apparently someone else had been digging through them.  Will end up flipping them if they are not in better shape than the ones I already have.

Went back to the sale that was advertising DS games and they were putting things out, and the sale was already packed.  Still found some nice stuff.

4759.JPG

The Wii games were marked $1 each and the DS games were $3 each.  Goldeneye 007 is from a different sale, it is factory sealed and I talked them down from $10 to $5.  I also picked up a black 5 shelf media stand in like new condition for $5 from that sale.  Not too shabby for a short morning.

Spoiler

#1175 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

Went to a video game one today, as usual during this time of month. Saw a Turbo Grafx, but didn't really want it so left it.

Got a Hudson Joycard Sansui SSS NES controller. It was built in Fukushima back in the day, it's a turbo controller with audio out for your headphones.

In addition, a SNES controller, a SNES extension cord, a Ps/SS/universal power cable, and Mendel Palace.

Batsugunner.png

#1176 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

Went to a video game one today, as usual during this time of month. Saw a Turbo Grafx, but didn't really want it so left it.

Got a Hudson Joycard Sansui SSS NES controller. It was built in Fukushima back in the day, it's a turbo controller with audio out for your headphones.

In addition, a SNES controller, a SNES extension cord, a Ps/SS/universal power cable, and Mendel Palace.

lol have never seen a turbo, must have been pricey to pass on...

One sale today

bc wii with 2 wimotes/chucks and half a dozen games for $25

ds missing stylus $2

bunch of other stuff bikes, ladder, tools, bike stuff, tumbuk messenger bag, etc ... spent $62.50 all told...

"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#1177 Asmith906

Asmith906

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:35 AM

I went to a yard sale saturday and saw some kids walking away with some gameboy colors but they left a blue gba behind so I picked that up for $5. It had a copy of super monkey ball on the inside. Kind of wish I had gotten there earlier. Other than that I picked up two guitar hero controllers for the wii for $1 each. Also I ended up having to help my aunt move a stove that I guy at a yard sale gave to her just to get rid of it. I don't know why but seems like every time I go to a thrift store or yard sale I end up having to move something heavy.

#1178 duderanch

duderanch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:37 AM

Here's some of the stuff I've purchased over the last few months. I can't believe there's probably only a few more weeks of garage sale season!

GarageSale1

XBOX360 with 1 controller - $30

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure XB360 - $5

Pac-Man Plug N Play - $1

Spongebob Plug N Play  $1

Quest 64 - .50

SNES & NES AC Adapters - .25 each

Pacman PC Game - .25

Pokemon Blue - $5

GSale2

Alien & Predator action figures - .50 each

GSale3
XBox with 4 controllers and Remote - $20 (I think it might have a bad disc drive, so I might have been burned on this one)
Nintendo DS case with Spongebob game - .25
Transformers DS game case - FREE
Outkast & Kraftwerk Vinyls - .25 each
Nighthwaks DVD - $1
Dreamcast Controllers - .50 each
N64 Controller - $1
NES Zapper - .75
N64 Cleaning Kit - .50
CDs (ABC, B-52s, Adam Ant) - $1 each
TMNT Action Figure - .50
TMTN Happy Meal Toy - .10

GSale4

NES with 2 dogbone controllers, Zapper, Cleaning Kit, Game Case, about 20 games (half with manuals), Nintendo Power trading cards, broken Genesis with 1 controller, and a few loose Genesis games - $20 for the lot

Also purchased, but not pictured:

New Super Mario Bros U (complete)- $5

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection (New) - $5

Jet Force Gemini N64 - $2

Vice Project Doom NES - $1

Pixies Concert DVD - $1

Carnival Games Wii - $1

Just Dance Disney - $1

Activision Anthology PS2 (complete) - $2.50

Atari Anthology PS2  (complete)- $2.50

Disney Adventures Kinect XB360 (complete) - FREE

God of War PS2 (complete) - $2

Soul Calibur 3 PS2 (complete) - $2

Th3 Plan PS2 (new) - $1

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater PS2 (complete) - $2

Mega Man Battle Network Large Action Figure - $1

Bag of random crap, including a non-working SNES (it powers on, but the picture goes to black. At least it's not yellow), 2 SNES Controllers, 1 N64 Controller, PS2 Controller extension, PC Gamepad - $5

#1179 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Stoppage Time GOOOOAAALL!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:47 AM

Here's some of the stuff I've purchased over the last few months. I can't believe there's probably only a few more weeks of garage sale season!

XBOX360 with 1 controller - $30

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure XB360 - $5

Pac-Man Plug N Play - $1

Spongebob Plug N Play  $1

Quest 64 - .50

SNES & NES AC Adapters - .25 each

Pacman PC Game - .25

Pokemon Blue - $5

Alien & Predator action figures - .50 each

XBox with 4 controllers and Remote - $20 (I think it might have a bad disc drive, so I might have been burned on this one)
Nintendo DS case with Spongebob game - .25
Transformers DS game case - FREE
Outkast & Kraftwerk Vinyls - .25 each
Nighthwaks DVD - $1
Dreamcast Controllers - .50 each
N64 Controller - $1
NES Zapper - .75
N64 Cleaning Kit - .50
CDs (ABC, B-52s, Adam Ant) - $1 each
TMNT Action Figure - .50
TMTN Happy Meal Toy - .10

NES with 2 dogbone controllers, Zapper, Cleaning Kit, Game Case, about 20 games (half with manuals), Nintendo Power trading cards, broken Genesis with 1 controller, and a few loose Genesis games - $20 for the lot

Also purchased, but not pictured:

New Super Mario Bros U (complete)- $5

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection (New) - $5

Jet Force Gemini N64 - $2

Vice Project Doom NES - $1

Pixies Concert DVD - $1

Carnival Games Wii - $1

Just Dance Disney - $1

Activision Anthology PS2 (complete) - $2.50

Atari Anthology PS2  (complete)- $2.50

Disney Adventures Kinect XB360 (complete) - FREE

God of War PS2 (complete) - $2

Soul Calibur 3 PS2 (complete) - $2

Th3 Plan PS2 (new) - $1

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater PS2 (complete) - $2

Mega Man Battle Network Large Action Figure - $1

Bag of random crap, including a non-working SNES (it powers on, but the picture goes to black. At least it's not yellow), 2 SNES Controllers, 1 N64 Controller, PS2 Controller extension, PC Gamepad - $5

Respect +1 for the Kraftwerk vinyl dood.

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Trading 360 Games for PS3 Versions/Other PS3 Games

#1180 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

If I see them I will stop by. Stopped by one a few streets over from me that I saw the sign for stapled in front of my house.

Picked up the following for $2 each

FF9 black label

Galerians

GTA Vice City

GTA 3

GTA San Andreas x 2

Dark Cloud

Resident Evil 4

Street Fighter Anthology

and one more I can't remember

All were in great shape disc wise, but some are missing manuals.

#1181 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Stopped at an estate sale yesterday.

2 Eminem CDs-$0.50/each(missed out on at least 20 more CDs by about 5 min)

xbox 360 rockband drum set-$5(she brought it out of her car after I asked if she had any video games)

She will be texting me a list of their video games/consoles today(they had a baby and she says her husband doesn't have time for video gaming).

#1182 Kaipper

Kaipper

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:03 PM

Got a few scores today. Biggest one was a guy who must have had hundreds of games (he was apparently given them by someone who owed him money). From him I got a fat PS2 with all hookups and a controller, Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness, GTA 3, GTA Vice City, Tomb Raider Chronicles, and Tomb Raider Last Revelation for $40. Tried to get him to go lower but no deal, and he even hooked it up to show me it worked, so I paid it.

Only other things were a couple Gameinformer magazines (free), and The Sims 3 and Tomb Raider Underworld for PC ($1 each).

#1183 duderanch

duderanch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

TG16

TurboGrafx16 with 2 controllers, multi-tap, Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge, and 2 copies of Keith Courage in Alpha Zones. $7 for everything.

#1184 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

NICE!! Need the story!

#1185 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:03 AM

That has to be the yard sale thread find of the year.

Spoiler

#1186 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:07 AM

TurboGrafx16 with 2 controllers, multi-tap, Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge, and 2 copies of Keith Courage in Alpha Zones. $7 for everything.

you win

"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#1187 duderanch

duderanch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:16 AM

NICE!! Need the story!

I picked it up at an indoor moving sale. I was having a pretty slow day and almost considered heading home early, but I'm glad I didn't. The lady wanted $10. I offered $5, and she counter-offered with $7. I non-chalantly replied with "Hmm…yeah, I guess I can do $7."

Next week is the week before Thanksgiving weekend and the weather is getting colder, so this was probably the last yard sale weekend for me until Spring.

#1188 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:12 AM

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU----

I've been looking for a Turbo Grafx at yard sales forever. I've been dying to get my hands on one since my mom sold mine when I was like 12 >=\

I had an okay day.

- Super Mario 64

- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

- N64 Controller (Red)

- N64 Controller (Gray)

All for $7. Both controllers are in great condition with tight analog sticks.

#1189 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

One of my turbografix systems that are boxed has that same price tag. It is either service merchandise or Montgomery ward if I remember correctly.

#1190 duderanch

duderanch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:25 AM

One of my turbografix systems that are boxed has that same price tag. It is either service merchandise or Montgomery ward if I remember correctly.

Yep, it's a Montgomery Ward sticker. $99.99 :)

#1191 midlifecrisisMkII

midlifecrisisMkII

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

I picked it up at an indoor moving sale. I was having a pretty slow day and almost considered heading home early, but I'm glad I didn't. The lady wanted $10. I offered $5, and she counter-offered with $7. I non-chalantly replied with "Hmm…yeah, I guess I can do $7."

Next week is the week before Thanksgiving weekend and the weather is getting colder, so this was probably the last yard sale weekend for me until Spring.

Nice way to end the season.

#1192 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

I like living vicariously through this thread and seeing what people who are more motivated than me can find. I love the fact that you bargained her down from $10. I would have been fumbling for my wallet ready to throw $10 at her.

[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#1193 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

Sorry multi post

[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#1194 Asmith906

Asmith906

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

Went to an Estate sale. Picekd up to desktop computers for $2 each. One of them had a 750GB hard drive in it so I swapped my 250 for it. Also picked up a couple of DVD's

Ultraman

Final Fantasy Spirits Within

Farscape

the sword and the sorcerer  - $1.50 each

Someone said they had some laptops after I left but by the time I got back another lady had them in her hand. Oh well

#1195 duderanch

duderanch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

I like living vicariously through this thread and seeing what people who are more motivated than me can find. I love the fact that you bargained her down from $10. I would have been fumbling for my wallet ready to throw $10 at her.

Yeah, I almost always offer 50% of the asking price and negotiate up from there (no matter how good the deal is). 

#1196 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:40 AM

I would've a few months ago as well, but I've been working on haggling recently.  I had never really done it before because I used to always get annoyed with people trying to get lower prices at my own yard sales (in my pre-CAG days), so in my mind, I guess I thought I was being polite.  But now that I'm living in a rural area again where bartering/trading is common, I decided to put my Oregon Trail II skills to the test and I've been getting good deals left and right (got my wife a nice dresser not too long ago for only $7; just needed to be sanded and painted).  Last night, some lady listed ~45 games online with "make me an offer".  I decided that I was willing to pay $1 each, so I would offer $40 with the hope that she would counter with $45...but then I thought "Fuck it, I'll offer $30 and see what happens."  She accepted and I pick them up tomorrow after finishing up my volunteer work at the school library.

#1197 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

So now that yard sale season is pretty much over for most people, what finds are your hoping for next year?

I'm hoping to find a cheap PS3, N64 games and systems, and a 7.1 home theatre receiver.

ITS%20DAT%20DAM%20KID.png

#1198 duderanch

duderanch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

So now that yard sale season is pretty much over for most people, what finds are your hoping for next year?

I'm hoping to find a cheap PS3, N64 games and systems, and a 7.1 home theatre receiver.

I second the PS3 ($30 or less would be nice). But what I really want to find is a Sega Master System. I bought a stack of SMS games at Goodwill a few years ago, but I don't have the system.

#1199 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:41 AM

I hope to find a watermelon n64.

#1200 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:35 AM

Vectorex or some decent PS1 RPGs.