Photo
- - - - -

Super Mario Luxe Case (DSi/3DS XL) $3.99, Atari On-Ear Headphones $6.99 @ Bestbuy

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31 KenKeith

KenKeith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Won't quit using earbuds just yet. Probably haven't used actual cans on my head since '96.

This DS case through Club Nintendo fits my 3DS XL and doesn't look like a woman's wallet: https://club.nintend...ails/a/18506.do

Why not just use a Crown Royal bag while you're at it?

#32 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

The XL is not that much bigger than the 3DS, but there would probably be a great amount of wiggle room that would make it ineffective for protecting it on the go.

Is it just me or is it impossible to find a decent 3DS XL case? I bought the CTA wallet from amazon, it feels like the system is twice the size with it in there. All I really wanted was a soft pouch to keep it from scratching in my pockets.

I'll give this one a shot; for $4, it's not the end of the world if I don't like it.

I bought this one for $16 (went on sale for $10 which I price matched). I love it, and many other CAGers sang its praises too the week it was on sale:

http://www.bestbuy.c... case&cp=1&lp=1

Says Nintendo DS, but fits 3DS XL very well.

#33 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

I keep loose change in it. I have those mario backpack i got when sears clearance it out for $5

#34 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Picked up the headphones and there not so bad. Well worth $7

#35 TKtheknight

TKtheknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Nice! I needed new headphones and mine broke last year. Picked it up for less than $3 thanks to Best Buy Reward Zone app giving me $5. Woo!

#36 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

shut up meg

Well it is kind of true that the bag he linked is just a non-padded bag that will hardly protect anything.

#37 riotheart

riotheart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Well it is kind of true that the bag he linked is just a non-padded bag that will hardly protect anything.

Maybe he should place it in the bag and drop it off his roof onto cement to test that theory.

#38 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

I bought this one for $16 (went on sale for $10 which I price matched). I love it, and many other CAGers sang its praises too the week it was on sale:

http://www.bestbuy.c... case&cp=1&lp=1

Says Nintendo DS, but fits 3DS XL very well.

Looks like the slots in the foam only hold ds games and not 3ds with the extra tab. Is that right?

And in order to fit an xl, you have to remove the bottom layer of foam?

#39 PokemonRexRay

PokemonRexRay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

sorry to say this case looks cheap. You can get a much better case of the eclub for 250 coins. those slots dont look like they will hold the 3DS games. easier to lose a DS game then a 3DS game because thats $40 down the drain.

#40 PokemonRexRay

PokemonRexRay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

The bag is way more secure then a that mario case the slots for the games are just begging to make games be lost.

#41 riotheart

riotheart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

The bag is way more secure then a that mario case the slots for the games are just begging to make games be lost.

What? :applause:

#42 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, the case is indeed mostly garbage. It's probably worth the $3.xx they're charging, but not a penny more. You're better off saving your money and buying something with more padding, and space.

#43 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Ended up grabbing two of the black Atari headphones for store pick up. Had a $10 RZ certificate anyway and my dad said he could use a pair of over the ear headphones and is a fan of the old school gaming stuff so he'll probably get a kick out of them.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#44 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

Looks like the slots in the foam only hold ds games and not 3ds with the extra tab. Is that right?

And in order to fit an xl, you have to remove the bottom layer of foam?

There's a foam ring for the original 3DS, but for the XL you remove that and it rests on the bottom foam layer. Fits almost perfect, and the foam on the bottom helps it from not sliding around very much.

I have 5 3DS games and 1 DS game in it. They all fit :)

#45 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

Thanks for the post, ordered a case for my son.

#46 sykotek

sykotek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Great find OP, I've been looking for an XL case for awhile now. While I was at Best Buy, I also found a pretty sweet looking NES controller wallet on sale for only $3, so I bought that too since my last wallet has coming apart at the seams.
Posted Image

Also, according to the receipt the wallet is supposed to be regularly $15, I can't say I'd pay that amount for it, but for $3, it really isn't a bad investment. Anyways, I couldn't find a listing for it on Best Buy online, but the SKU on receipt is 6559126 for those interested or those with the know how to locate one.

#47 PikaZeroX

PikaZeroX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Got a Mario case, thanks!

#48 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Great find OP, I've been looking for an XL case for awhile now. While I was at Best Buy, I also found a pretty sweet looking NES controller wallet on sale for only $3, so I bought that too since my last wallet has coming apart at the seams.
Posted Image

Also, according to the receipt the wallet is supposed to be regularly $15, I can't say I'd pay that amount for it, but for $3, it really isn't a bad investment. Anyways, I couldn't find a listing for it on Best Buy online, but the SKU on receipt is 6559126 for those interested or those with the know how to locate one.

Nice. A true player can rock that. I rock my Mass Effect 3 wallet

#49 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Just ordered the case, matches my XL color, and its only 4$. Was getting tired of using that little wrap the console comes in.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#50 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

I remember seeing an entire display of Atari-themed stuff before the holidays; iPhone cases and whatnot. I wonder if they're all on clearance.

Also I see that wallet often, but the vinyl material it's made out of bothers me for some reason.

oIi9lub.png

#51 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

Yeah, looks like most of the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch cases are $6.99 as well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That iPad case looks neat, makes me wish I had an iPad.

oIi9lub.png

#52 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

I'd buy that Wallet if I saw it, my Gear's 3 one feels like its gonna come apart any day now.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#53 IceTeaCrisis

IceTeaCrisis

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

Just wanted to give a small update. I was in BestBuy on the 5th and they had these in a big bin near the front of the store for 5 dollars. There were two white Atari headphones a bunch of Atari Apple product cases and three PlayStation Move Sharpshooters. All 5 a piece.
Still 40 dollars on the Website.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by IceTeaCrisis, 14 January 2013 - 04:57 AM.
Found sales slip.

#54 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

Just wanted to give a small update. A few days ago maybe Thursday I was in BestBuy and they had these in a big bin near the front of the store for 5 dollars. There were two white Atari headphones a bunch of Atari Apple product cases and three PlayStation Move Sharpshooters. All 5 a piece.

Posted Image

I might take a peek at one of my local Best Buys tomorrow to see if such a bin exists there.

oIi9lub.png

#55 IceTeaCrisis

IceTeaCrisis

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

Ah you got it before i fixed my post.
There is my sales slip and i was there on the 5th so it was a little earlier then i thought

Another edit.
I am sure most people know this but for anyone else making the trip to a Retail BestBuy before you go out you can go on the site click store locator on the main page find by zip code click a store in the list, and then you will find in the list to the left both Open Box and Clerance items for just that specific BestBuy location.

Like a local store of mine has Rayman Orgins for Xbox 360 new for 12 dollars when searching for Rayman the normal way only shows it listed as 18 dollars used with no new listing.

Edited by IceTeaCrisis, 14 January 2013 - 05:11 AM.

#56 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

Can someone hook me up with a link to the Nintendo wallet?

#57 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

Posted Image

I also noticed that Best Buy had beanies with this design on sale for $3.99 (normally $15), in addition to a Halo 4 beanie. I wonder just how many of these types of things are currently on sale at Best Buy.

#58 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

decided to get the headphones. should last a while for 7 bucks.
Posted Image
NINTENDO ID: Bigst3ph3n
Part of THE MEDIOCRE NATION: THE MEDIOCRE SHOW
Twitter: @bigst3ph3n -- RIP 2pac, BIG and Sega Dreamcast.

#59 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

I don't need headphones, in fact I just sold off a pair of Sony headphones...but these are mighty tempting.

oIi9lub.png

#60 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Bah! Case not available at my local stores. Oh well.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken