Super Mario Luxe Case (DSi/3DS XL) $3.99, Atari On-Ear Headphones $6.99 @ Bestbuy

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Super Mario Luxe Case for Nintendo DSi/3DS XL $3.99 *in-store pickup only*

6837944le.jpg

6837944_sa.jpg

Gear4 - Atari On-Ear Headphones $6.99

6814051_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like that case more if it didn't have Mario on it. The simple coin pattern alone would look a lot better. I also want a black 3ds xl like in the pic, hah.

[quote name='ckc4043']Any comments about the headphones?[/QUOTE]

They say Atari on them.

Seriously though, was wondering the same thing. I've come to decide though that more or less any licensed headphones are third rate, it is just a matter of how third rate they are.

The headphones are also in black for the same price and there are reviews for it.
Here's one of the reviews from the black Atari On-Ear Headphones

Great Headphones for the Average Person. 85/100
3.0/5.0 Stars

What's great about it: Style, Fit, 1 cord, feels durable, adjusts well
What's not so great: Audio quality (too much bass & a little muddy), Steel (not gold) plug, 32 ohms of impedance. I have been listening to this pair of headphones for about 3 hours now. I feel comfortable giving a fair review of the Gear4 / Atari On- Ear Headphones. I found that the experience is overall about a 85/100, for the average user, and about a 75/100 for more technical users. I say this because the average user will probably like the more bass-oriented sound, and the loud and large (40mm) speaker divers. However, the more experienced and technical users like myself will prefer a more balanced sound, with more of a dynamic sound range including fewer lows, more highs and better mids just to start. With the speakers being 20-20,000 Hz, I didn't expect the world, but I expected better than this. I paid $14.99 for them, which I can barely justify. They are marked at $29.99 MSRP, which I find to be overpriced (cough..cough..ATARI) If they had said "Gear 4" and not "Atari," would they be the same price? Anyway, the average user might disagree, as they are both comfortable and stylish for less than $30. I would change only a few things: 1) make the 3.5 mm connector gold-plated, 2) put in better sounding speakers (too muddy now) and 3) replace the cord with weaved fabric, not plastic. (They have weaved fabric on the actual headphones, but not for the cord.) Overall, decent, but wouldn't have spent any more than I did, because the bottom line: They are $15 headphones.

Value for Price
Sound Quality
Comfort
Durability

[quote name='gatordeve86']my son would love the mario case... think it would be way to big for his 3DS?[/QUOTE]

The XL is not that much bigger than the 3DS, but there would probably be a great amount of wiggle room that would make it ineffective for protecting it on the go.

Is it just me or is it impossible to find a decent 3DS XL case? I bought the CTA wallet from amazon, it feels like the system is twice the size with it in there. All I really wanted was a soft pouch to keep it from scratching in my pockets.

I'll give this one a shot; for $4, it's not the end of the world if I don't like it.

[quote name='gatordeve86']my son would love the mario case... think it would be way to big for his 3DS?[/QUOTE]

Off topic, but, Go Gators!

I might bite on the black headphones to use with my iPad. I'm sure they are crap but they look cool and I hate ear buds.

It looks like the company that makes these also makes the angry birds ear buds along with other 'trend' type offerings. They usually sell at 50% off list so at 75% off list I guess they are a deal.

Mmmm wanted to bite on the headphones, but after getting the Pulse I just can't see why I need to spend more on getting another set, though it would be more for random use

Nice! We're going on a long road trip tomorrow and I was looking for a cheap set of headphones for my daughter's DVD player. I think the white ones will work just fine for her.

[quote name='Flowstance']That's enormously different than a protective case. Why not just link to a box of zipperloc bags?[/QUOTE]

shut up meg

[quote name='MakenX']The XL is not that much bigger than the 3DS, but there would probably be a great amount of wiggle room that would make it ineffective for protecting it on the go.

Is it just me or is it impossible to find a decent 3DS XL case? I bought the CTA wallet from amazon, it feels like the system is twice the size with it in there. All I really wanted was a soft pouch to keep it from scratching in my pockets.

I'll give this one a shot; for $4, it's not the end of the world if I don't like it.[/QUOTE]

I bought this one for $16 (went on sale for $10 which I price matched). I love it, and many other CAGers sang its praises too the week it was on sale:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/POWER+A...28122&skuId=1151549&st=ds hard case&cp=1&lp=1

Says Nintendo DS, but fits 3DS XL very well.

[quote name='keit2208']Why not just use a Crown Royal bag while you're at it?[/QUOTE]

I keep loose change in it. I have those mario backpack i got when sears clearance it out for $5

Nice! I needed new headphones and mine broke last year. Picked it up for less than $3 thanks to Best Buy Reward Zone app giving me $5. Woo!

[quote name='stewie75']shut up meg[/QUOTE]

Well it is kind of true that the bag he linked is just a non-padded bag that will hardly protect anything.

[quote name='scottman']Well it is kind of true that the bag he linked is just a non-padded bag that will hardly protect anything.[/QUOTE]
Maybe he should place it in the bag and drop it off his roof onto cement to test that theory.

[quote name='litepink']I bought this one for $16 (went on sale for $10 which I price matched). I love it, and many other CAGers sang its praises too the week it was on sale:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/POWER+A...28122&skuId=1151549&st=ds hard case&cp=1&lp=1

Says Nintendo DS, but fits 3DS XL very well.[/QUOTE]

Looks like the slots in the foam only hold ds games and not 3ds with the extra tab. Is that right?

And in order to fit an xl, you have to remove the bottom layer of foam?

sorry to say this case looks cheap. You can get a much better case of the eclub for 250 coins. those slots dont look like they will hold the 3DS games. easier to lose a DS game then a 3DS game because thats $40 down the drain.

[quote name='keit2208']Why not just use a Crown Royal bag while you're at it?[/QUOTE]

The bag is way more secure then a that mario case the slots for the games are just begging to make games be lost.

[quote name='PokemonRexRay']The bag is way more secure then a that mario case the slots for the games are just begging to make games be lost.[/QUOTE]

What? :applause:

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, the case is indeed mostly garbage. It's probably worth the $3.xx they're charging, but not a penny more. You're better off saving your money and buying something with more padding, and space.

Ended up grabbing two of the black Atari headphones for store pick up. Had a $10 RZ certificate anyway and my dad said he could use a pair of over the ear headphones and is a fan of the old school gaming stuff so he'll probably get a kick out of them.

[quote name='scottman']Looks like the slots in the foam only hold ds games and not 3ds with the extra tab. Is that right?

And in order to fit an xl, you have to remove the bottom layer of foam?[/QUOTE]

There's a foam ring for the original 3DS, but for the XL you remove that and it rests on the bottom foam layer. Fits almost perfect, and the foam on the bottom helps it from not sliding around very much.

I have 5 3DS games and 1 DS game in it. They all fit :)

Great find OP, I've been looking for an XL case for awhile now. While I was at Best Buy, I also found a pretty sweet looking NES controller wallet on sale for only $3, so I bought that too since my last wallet has coming apart at the seams.
41THwiM%2B7qL.jpg

Also, according to the receipt the wallet is supposed to be regularly $15, I can't say I'd pay that amount for it, but for $3, it really isn't a bad investment. Anyways, I couldn't find a listing for it on Best Buy online, but the SKU on receipt is 6559126 for those interested or those with the know how to locate one.

[quote name='sykotek']Great find OP, I've been looking for an XL case for awhile now. While I was at Best Buy, I also found a pretty sweet looking NES controller wallet on sale for only $3, so I bought that too since my last wallet has coming apart at the seams.
41THwiM%2B7qL.jpg

Also, according to the receipt the wallet is supposed to be regularly $15, I can't say I'd pay that amount for it, but for $3, it really isn't a bad investment. Anyways, I couldn't find a listing for it on Best Buy online, but the SKU on receipt is 6559126 for those interested or those with the know how to locate one.[/QUOTE]

Nice. A true player can rock that. I rock my Mass Effect 3 wallet

bread's done
Back