Microsoft Store: Pre-order select 2013 titles, get 1600 MSP (GTA V, Gears, more)

Hmm.. maybe I should pre-order all of them and hope they mistakenly cancel the orders then decide to let me keep them all free of charge. ;)

[quote name='Tsel']Hmm.. maybe I should pre-order all of them and hope they mistakenly cancel the orders then decide to let me keep them all free of charge. ;)[/QUOTE]
Wnen did this happen last time? I sense I am missing something.

Tempting for sure. I got Forza from them on black friday and the shipping was pretty fast for free shipping. I doubt the points will be instant once you pre order, but I can already see people abusing it if so.

[quote name='TooPoor']Wnen did this happen last time? I sense I am missing something.[/QUOTE]

It happened with dishonored, they accidentally cancelled all orders and gave the game to those who preordered for free along with the 1600 points and $10 off coupon

[quote name='monkeymanofmars']It happened with dishonored, they accidentally cancelled all orders and gave the game to those who preordered for free along with the 1600 points and $10 off coupon[/QUOTE]

And Just Dance 4, which is sadly what I pre-ordered simply because it was cheaper and I only wanted the points. Had I known it was going to end up free, I definitely would've ordered Dishonored.

[quote name='SanjiX']Tempting for sure. I got Forza from them on black friday and the shipping was pretty fast for free shipping. I doubt the points will be instant once you pre order, but I can already see people abusing it if so.[/QUOTE]

You get the points a couple days after the game arrives.

No Aliens: Colonial Marines + Microsoft making my $10 game "signature required", causing me to have to go pick it up from UPS = Go die in a fire, Microsoft. I'll order from Amazon, and have it release day on my porch when I get home.

If they do the same "addition $10 credit" deal thing like last time, they will win my pre-order over Best Buy. But for just the 1600 MSP, I'd rather have the $20 in Best Buy credit.

[quote name='209chromatic']This reminds me I never got my 1600 points from black ops 2[/QUOTE]

I actually called them about it a month ago figuring enough time had lapsed for their system to catch up with eligible orders but nada so I got the runaround and they told me to speak to XBOX LIVE crew which sent me back to MS store support.

MS store support tried to give me another promo code to re-order the digital 1600 MS points but the damn code didn't even work. In the end, the rep just looked up my Gamertag email account for my Xbox and manually added the 1600 points to my account. That's my advice just ask them to add it to your account directly. MS support is ridiculous - took me 2 days and 3 calls to sort out that mess. Jesus. :roll:

If only it were possible to price match this at Best Buy and their $20 cert promo.

They don't price match on pre-order deals though.

[quote name='209chromatic']This reminds me I never got my 1600 points from black ops 2[/QUOTE]
I Literally had to act like a stuck up asshole on the chat to get helped. It took me nearly two months of me waiting for them to do something until I finally just decided to go with the "OH HELL NAW!" approach. So you basically just have to act like a dick to get anything accomplished through their customer service. I Hate to say it, but goddamn they did nothing besides tell me to call XBox Service or tell me to wait 48 hours and they promised they'll get me bumped up and have their supervisor fix the problem (didn't happen).

[quote name='SanjiX']Tempting for sure. I got Forza from them on black friday and the shipping was pretty fast for free shipping. I doubt the points will be instant once you pre order, but I can already see people abusing it if so.[/QUOTE]

I preoredered RE6 when they had a similar promotion, and I believe I got the points code in an email around the same time the game shipped.

Good deal. However the CS is atrocious and takes weeks to get you the right codes .....reminds me, I still need to get 2 $10 credits....ugh

[quote name='Tsel']Hmm.. maybe I should pre-order all of them and hope they mistakenly cancel the orders then decide to let me keep them all free of charge. ;)[/QUOTE]

They took too long to send my 1600 points that I ordered with a game during their $10 sale, so they said they would give me the points for free. However I had used a promo code on that order so they gave me like $5 back. They better offer some good preorder DLC or most people won't care about the $20 in points because they rather have the game day 1 if they're paying $60.

A word to the wise: back in November when the MS Store was offering Black Ops 2 with a 1600 MSP card and a $10 off coupon for $60, I purchased the game but never received my MSP despite calling numerous times. Finally gave up after calling 6-7 times (if not more) over the course of a few weeks.

I'd consider maybe ordering a few of these online, but I'm done dealing with my local B&M.

I just had way too many issues with things like this at my local Microsoft Store last year. It just didn't seem like any of the employees knew what they're doing with these promotions. When I had a problem, and it was early on with missing DLC, everyone would tell me different things, take down my contact info and nothing would ever come of that information until I showed up again later to ask about it. I just got tired of dealing with them.

Despite having had my contact info, I was never contacted about picking up any of my preorders or attending events that they may have held. Never got some of the DLC that I was supposed to receive for my preorders either despite being promised I would. Was told I didn't need my receipt by a couple of employees then asked to provide a receipt on a few separate occasions, luckily I had my phone and didn't delete my confirmation e-mails.

Sure, I received gift cards because of my preorders to use towards other things in the store, but then they just went ahead and pulled all of the lower priced items and points cards one day and never bothered to put them back, so what's the point of going in? I'm not interested in paying MSRP when I have multiple other far more convenient outlets.

My visits were just full of conflicting information, one time, they'd price match, afterwards, they wouldn't and claimed they never could... and the one time I went and refunded a preorder, which I was told I could by multiple store associates, I'm told by the store manager that preorders aren't refundable, but they'd only make a one time exception because of all the other crap I had to endure.

TL;DR: My local MS Store was filled with a bunch of freaking amateurs. I'd suggest sticking to the webstore.

I got Dishonored for free from them even though I really did cancel the order as I changed my mind. If I knew I was getting same day delivery I'd probably do it.

Why oh why couldn't Gears Judgment be included.

I'll switch my Dead Space 3 preorder from Best Buy since they are offering the same bonus DLC and I'd just as soon have MSP instead of Reward cert. But it looks like Tomb Raider and BioShock will stay with Best Buy since Microsoft Store isn't including the bonus DLC.

Btw, for whatever it's worth, I've done a few preorders with Microsoft Store and always received the promo code emails promptly, and got the game on release day even though I chose the free shipping.

My Dead Space 3 Limited Edition will be staying at Amazon since I have a $5 promo on it plus $10 in gift cards applied (along with the free S&H).

However, I'm also in the market for GTA5. I've cancelled my GTA5 pre-order through Amazon and switched to MS Store for GTA5. All the same, I've notified Amazon of what is virtually a $39.99 pricetag on the game. If they price match for $39.99 straight cash, they'll have earned back my business. I'm surprised that no in-game pre-order bonuses have really been advertised yet for this title considering how big it is and considering that we're only about 60-90 days from launch.

Sounds good to me. Not to contradict folks who clearly had bad experiences, but I preordered a few games last fall and didn't have any problems. Sure, MS could've sent the bonus codes quicker, but my games shipped fast and overall the deal was worth it.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']If only it were possible to price match this at Best Buy and their $20 cert promo.

They don't price match on pre-order deals though.[/QUOTE]
Mine did last year, I preordered Resident Evil 6 and Assassin's Creed 3 and they gave me a free 1600 msp with each of them, planning on doing it for Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Metal Gear Rising, Tomb Raider, and Bioshock Infinite.

How fast is the cheapest shipping from there? Im eyeing the gta5 but i really wanna have it within 1-2 days of release.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Why oh why couldn't Gears Judgment be included.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='boris1']ffs why no gears judgement only game I want besides gta v[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing when I saw this thread, especially because apparently Gears of War: Judgment hasn't even hit 100 thousand pre-orders, and Gears of War 3 at the same time prior to release (2 months) had 1.3 million pre-orders.
And it is a Microsoft published title, exclusive for their system. This, mixed with the 5 key people from Epic and the Gears of War Series that were on this game leaving over the last year doesn't make it look like it will succeed.

And Epic keeps ignoring the question about whether or not they're bringing Horde, or even Beast, back. Not looking good.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mikenoob']How fast do they ship the games out?[/QUOTE]

The two pre-orders I made last fall each arrived on their respective launch day, even though I chose free shipping. I don't know if that's standard procedure or if I got lucky. Code emails came about a week or two later.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Judgment has now been added.[/QUOTE]

I tried to ask a CSR in livechat whether the 1600 Points offer would be extended to prior preorders. I may as well have been talking to some random drunk homeless man for as much as he even began to understand what I was talking about.

I ended up having him cancel my existing order and just made a new one. :p

Noticed this post faded away? Isnt this a good deal? Im debating on ordering judgment and gta5 from this since im 100% getting both but im not to familuar with the MS store. Is the free shipping good on this or no?

Free shipping is fine -- if you place the order in time (cutoff is usually couple days before release date) then they'll ship it out a day before release by UPS one day air so that you'll get it on release day. That's what they did for the fall/winter preorders so it *should* be same for the winter/spring preorders, but remember that release day delivery is NOT guaranteed by MS

i preordered a few games from ms.com last time they did this deal

they generally got here release day. i preordered Halo 4 & NBA 2k12 from them and got them release day. i preordered a few weeks in advance

Borderlands 2, however, i preordered a night or two before, so i didn't get it for about a week.

the codes took a few days to receive, but i did get them all.

i'm guessing they aren't going to do the $10 coupons again like they did last time since everybody used them on black friday.

[quote name='JaTaN']Free shipping is fine -- if you place the order in time (cutoff is usually couple days before release date) then they'll ship it out a day before release by UPS one day air so that you'll get it on release day. That's what they did for the fall/winter preorders so it *should* be same for the winter/spring preorders, but remember that release day delivery is NOT guaranteed by MS[/QUOTE]

What about the ms points? Are they codes u get in email or do they auto add em to the account?

They email you a coupon code about a week after shipping the game -- you use that code on MS store's website to buy the 1600 pts digital code for free. They'll email you the pts code and you can do whatever you want with it

MS store's website is glitchy at times so its best to close all your browser windows and then open a new window to place the order (for both ordering the game and when you're placing the order for the 1600 pts) -- few people have had their free 1600 pts orders stuck in limbo for 1-2 months, but I've never had a problem (redeemed 4-5 of them during the fall/winter preorders)

[quote name='kidkash03']Pre-ordered Metal Gear after trying out the demo.[/QUOTE]

definitly not getting it after demo lol dead space 3 demo was cool though. crysis 3 beta tues will see if i should pre order that

Hmmm.... I want Alex brand but I also want judgement on day one. I suppose ms store doesn't have release day delivery for preorders.

[quote name='Br4inDead']Hmmm.... I want Alex brand but I also want judgement on day one. I suppose ms store doesn't have release day delivery for preorders.[/QUOTE]

I've purchased two pre-orders from MS Store; selected the cheapest (free) delivery both times and they arrived on release day both times. Some share this same experience while others have had to wait several days.

bread's done
Back