Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

The General eBay Rant Thread

• Please log in to reply
2156 replies to this topic

#1141 jatink129

jatink129

Mister Aladdin, sir What will your pleasure be?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

He's stupid though.

The good ones try to extort and when they don't get their way they move on to the next victim. Leaving negatives/neutrals/low DSR's is just like leaving a paper trail.

If you're not going to give into him then you certainly aren't if he leaves a neg/neutral (unless he says he'll remove it for the refund.... but that is even more obvious extortion).

At first, I was thinking of giving him the refund...Because a partial would be like $15...which is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Then I thought, I'd offer to have him send it back for a full refund.

But then I figured..F*ck that. I'm going to teach him something about Karma.

I'm going to go to the mattresses.

So, now I'm going to wait till the neg is expunged and the case closed.

Then I'm going to block him.

And then I'll teach him a lesson.

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here,

it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable...

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

#1142 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

Update:

New message : "You have had more than enough time to consider my offer of at least half a refund for the damaged Terminator Anthology. I have not seen any response from you therfore I feel that I have no choice but to leave appropriate feedback an move on." 

Meanwhile I got in touch with the resolution team and the Trust and Safety team.

The T&S team said that while they could not disclose details, they were going to take action against the buyer.
They could not tell me what they would do.

The Resolution team, told me that my case would be ready for escalation on Friday, whereupon they'd close the case in my favor,
and remove the negative feedback that I have already received.

"Sells damged [sic] items. Does not work with buyers. No communication. Stay away"

I'm so tempted to reply to him and tell him that he's going to get his very soon...But I've been warned against mentioning anything about
the case or T&S team in the feedback.

Also tempted to reply to the case....but I'm not going to.
I don't want him to realize what's up, and then purposely cut open the movie case, just to be able to post those photos.

Goddamn this scamster.   :headache:  :headache:  :headache:

thats awesome! I'm happy to see ebay doing the right thing.

Posted Image

#1143 MRW2276

MRW2276

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:27 AM

Got one for you to add to the list. rayado100 2 weeks after he buys my DLC he pulls item not received BS. The worst part of it is this fool is selling the codes right now on ebay under the same ID. Now I know it's stupid of me to work on the honor system and send the codes via ebay messaging, but hell these are only a few $ and your never covered on DLC anyway. Reported it to ebay we'll see.

#1144 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:43 AM

I sold an item to KG LOGITECH (ACI Express, Inc.) - who is a known international forwarder. Anyone have experience with them? Google search on them has lots of complaints about them scamming with a lot of INR claims. I didn't see anything about SNAD but that's the one we obviously have a harder time proving/protecting against.

I wonder with all those stories if it's even worth trying to deal with these guys or if I should just cancel and possibly take a neg. Can anyone offer advice on what to do with this?

I deal with the forwarders all the time and love when they buy items from me as they are not the end user so there is almost no chance for complaints.

The reasons you see forums of people complaining about them is simply law of averages as they have many accounts and purchase hundreds if not thousands of items a day between all their accounts.

As for stupid questions people ask I sell some comics on eBay and I once had someone ask if I could scan every page if the comic as they wanted to read it but could not afford it.

It was $3.99 shipped.

In the same vein I always get "do you do layaway?" Or "do you do financing" on under $10 items.

#1145 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:04 AM

eBay is a joke when it comes to protection. Thieves are pretty much free to do what they want without fear of repercussion.

#1146 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:32 AM

Got one for you to add to the list. rayado100 2 weeks after he buys my DLC he pulls item not received BS. The worst part of it is this fool is selling the codes right now on ebay under the same ID. Now I know it's stupid of me to work on the honor system and send the codes via ebay messaging, but hell these are only a few $ and your never covered on DLC anyway. Reported it to ebay we'll see.

Buy the code back, pull the same stunt on him?

#1147 jatink129

jatink129

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:46 AM

LMAO. wouldn't that be epic.

Then if he cancels the transaction, leave him negative feedback. Hahaha.

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here,

it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable...

#1148 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:54 AM

This.

#1149 MRW2276

MRW2276

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

LMAO. wouldn't that be epic.

Then if he cancels the transaction, leave him negative feedback. Hahaha.

The thought had past my mind, but I'm not going to risk  fooling around on a $13 item. Not worth it. He got a bid last night anyway and I end up getting a message back this morning that he now has received the code and left me positive feedback. So hopefully this is over and he closes the case.

#1150 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

Unless something changed within the last few hours, as always, my shipping label fees are deducted from my PP account at the time the label is created.
IMHO I hope they don't change that; It would be a nightmare trying to keep my account balanced correctly if they billed shipping labels all at once at the end of the month

Yeah not sure what the hell agreement I clicked on.  I should look into cancelling it just in case.  I checked my Paypal account and it showed that my shipping label cost was indeed deducted on the same day that I created it. Weird - whatever the hell eBay was pushing on me. 

I noticed that since eBay automatically enrolled existing listings into the "Global Shiping Program," that items that I had intended to advertise as free shipping were not showing up as such for international buyers.  A buyer contacted me and asked why the shipping cost was there and I got confused by what he meant.  I tried issuing an invoice with a shipping discount but the system won't allow you to issue an adjusted invoice for an item that is part of the GSP.  So my observation is that the GSP shipping quote will override any shipping cost you place for international orders assuming your item is selected for the GSP.  This affects DLC listings that I would rather email than physically ship (hence free ship).

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#1151 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

At first, I was thinking of giving him the refund...Because a partial would be like $15...which is nothing in the grand scheme of things.
Then I thought, I'd offer to have him send it back for a full refund.

But then I figured..F*ck that. I'm going to teach him something about Karma.
I'm going to go to the mattresses.

So, now I'm going to wait till the neg is expunged and the case closed.
Then I'm going to block him.
And then I'll teach him a lesson.

What do you have in mind?

I've taken down the information of some scammers from me in the past as a "will get payback one day" list and I'd like to retaliate.  I'm unsure how to retailiate on an eBay level since they would be just as capable to scam me back on a future listing anyway.

Now playing:

#1152 jatink129

jatink129

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:40 AM

What do you have in mind?

I've taken down the information of some scammers from me in the past as a "will get payback one day" list and I'd like to retaliate.  I'm unsure how to retailiate on an eBay level since they would be just as capable to scam me back on a future listing anyway.

Really don't know...I didn't plan to use eBay for revenge.

If I scammed him, then I'd be reducing myself to his level.

I was thinking of more ...ummm..."extra-curricular" ways.  Haha.

#1153 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:58 AM

mail him a bag full of poop?

Posted Image

#1154 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:47 AM

I was thinking of more ...ummm..."extra-curricular" ways.  Haha.

You have their address... you could sign that up for all kinds of neat things

#1155 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:13 AM

I was thinking of more ...ummm..."extra-curricular" ways. Haha.

Just fill out a bunch of magazine subscriptions with their information and check the Bill Me Later box. They'll start getting the magazine and we all know how fun it is to cancel lots of subscriptions. Give them a variety of new reading material.

BumslieOG.png

#1156 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:30 AM

mail him a bag full of poop?

You asked and here it is

#1157 betobuster

betobuster

Purple Ewok Eater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:43 AM

o_O

Like Amazon gift cards? win one/some here: 

#1158 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:49 AM

Didn't know such thing existed o.O lol omg

Posted Image

#1159 Lost n Phound

Lost n Phound

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

This really annoys me: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-GTA-5-Xbox-360-2013-Disc-1-Install-Disc-Only-Free-Ship-/221311121214?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item33872bb73e

How can you list something as like new when you can't even play it. Its the first result when you look at like new listings and in the description it doesn't even mention that you need to disc 2 to actually play the game. I guess its just a pet peeve type thing but people seem to deliberately choose the wrong descriptions and conditions so they can be the cheapest or first thing people see. Then buyers have to wade through all these nonsense listings to get to the thing they actually want. Ebay should remove these listings and give people warnings for this but I honestly just hope someone buys it then returns it and Negs them for terrible listing practices.

#1160 jatink129

jatink129

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Update:

eBay removed the feedback. Booyah!

They've also said that they'll be getting in touch with buyer and scold him for being an ass_h0le.

#1161 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

Update:

eBay removed the feedback. Booyah!

They've also said that they'll be getting in touch with buyer and scold him for being an ass_h0le.

You should still load up on those magazine subscription cards!

BumslieOG.png

#1162 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:00 AM

If an eBay user is from Spain, should I be concerned about shipping to that country?  I've never shipped to Spain before.  I'd have to ship a CE that is just under 5 lbs. 

eBay user doesn't appear to have left any negative feedback for other sellers in the past.

Now playing:

#1163 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:39 AM

If an eBay user is from Spain, should I be concerned about shipping to that country?  I've never shipped to Spain before.  I'd have to ship a CE that is just under 5 lbs. 

eBay user doesn't appear to have left any negative feedback for other sellers in the past.

Just buy insurance if it is something experience.  Ship there a few times without problem.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#1164 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

Just buy insurance if it is something experience. Ship there a few times without problem.

Thanks

I goofed and accidentally closed a unpaid buyer transaction before the buyer had a chance to have his eCheck clear. The payment cleared just 2 days ago (after I closed the unpaid buyer account) so I learned that eBay won't stop an eCheck from clearing. Just an observation if you guys ever run into the same problem.

Now playing:

#1165 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:40 AM

Was selling GTA5 on eBay but my order was cancelled (Walmart fiasco). I told my buyer that I had to cancel so I opened a cancellation request. Then the buyer pays for the item and has yet to contact me. 

I do admit that I also wanted to cancel since they only had a 1 rating and I don't trust their history and recent eBay account. I know, they could be legit but their PayPal isn't verified (looks like they paid with a credit card but idk). 

Anyways, I still want to sell it to them since I got another one that I can ship. Am I good to ship even if they agree to the cancellation (I messaged telling them I can now ship it) or should I wait for them to deny the request to cancel the sale?

#1166 jatink129

jatink129

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

Was selling GTA5 on eBay but my order was cancelled (Walmart fiasco). I told my buyer that I had to cancel so I opened a cancellation request. Then the buyer pays for the item and has yet to contact me. 

I do admit that I also wanted to cancel since they only had a 1 rating and I don't trust their history and recent eBay account. I know, they could be legit but their PayPal isn't verified (looks like they paid with a credit card but idk). 

Anyways, I still want to sell it to them since I got another one that I can ship. Am I good to ship even if they agree to the cancellation (I messaged telling them I can now ship it) or should I wait for them to deny the request to cancel the sale?

First things first.

NEVER list something on eBay that you don't have in your hand.

Next...DO NOT ship now that you've sent them a cancel request. Wait for them to deny the request. Send them a message telling them to deny the request.

In either case, if the buyer has half a brain, he'll deny it because you haven't given him back the money.

May want to give him a couple of $$ discount for the trouble as well...just so that he doesn't give you a neg or neutral out of frustration of having to deal with all this. 

#1167 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

That's crazy you actually wanted to list something that was from an obvious glitch.

As a buyer I would be tempted to neg you.

Some stuff is understandable to list early like a preorder. But not the Walmart glitch lol

Now playing:

#1168 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

First things first.

NEVER list something on eBay that you don't have in your hand.

This.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#1169 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

That's crazy you actually wanted to list something that was from an obvious glitch.

As a buyer I would be tempted to neg you.

Some stuff is understandable to list early like a preorder. But not the Walmart glitch lol

Yeah, I didn't know it was a glitch when I found out which was early last night when the deal was first posted. I purchased the game and it said it was ready for pick up. It wasn't until I went to the store that they said they didn't have any. I end up getting the games anyways from Target with a price match.

It was still my fault though. I almost always wait for the items to be in my hand but I wanted to list it before the hoards of people listed theirs. Luckily I did too since the price dropped throughout the day.

Just called the buyer and she is going to reject the case later on. Thanks for the help guys.

#1170 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

To add to this, you have to use USPS Priority International if the item is 4lbs or over, so you would be using that whether you wanted to or not. That includes a tracking number, and I 'think' $100 in insurance.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0