The General eBay Rant Thread

• Please log in to reply
1711 replies to this topic

#1231 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

I bought two games from a person. Paid, said it was shipped and finally 10 days later I opened a case. The required time went by, no tracking info, no responses, so I closed it and got my money back. Finally today after another week the woman emails me saying that I scammed her because she knows for a fact I have the games and she will be getting her money back.

I hope she enjoyed her negative feedback. lol

#1232 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

So I've started purchasing Skylanders on ebay recently to finish out variants from the first two games, and I'm starting to get really irritated with pictures not matching the actual item. I understand that it's my own damn fault for not reading the description completely, but is it really that damn hard to take a picture of the individual item you are selling? Case in point... pictured is the Skylander w/ card. I win it and when it shows up there is no card. I go back and read the description... at the very end it mentions "no card or sticker included (even though it's pictured)". Another, there is a stock picture of one in package brand new. When it shows up the package has obviously been opened and taped back shut. This is mentioned in the description after reviewing it. I don't plan on leaving any sort of negative feedback or demanding a refund because that would be a dick move and I should have read the description in detail, but it's just a pet peeve of mine to lazily throw up a generic stock photo of an item you are selling.

When I sell on eBay I typically take the time to individually photograph each item so the listing has the photo for the ACTUAL item being sold. Now I'm starting to recall why I quit buying crap on ebay....

"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#1233 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

Anything I can do about a 'would be' scammer?

Yesterday I get a message from a guy I sold a 15.00 game to a month ago. I marked it as shipped and all but apparently I forgot to upload tracking, though I did get it. He says it never showed up. Right or wrong I'm annoyed that he waited a month to contact me, thinking I may not be able to find the tracking info at this point. Luckily, after 20 minutes of searching, I locate my receipt and check. It shows delivered 3 days after I shipped it.

I upload tracking and message the guy saying hey, I show it was delivered, if you don't have it we need to contact the post office. Ten minutes later I get a message back, oh, I was able to find it. Thanks though for uploading that.

Guy has over 10000 feedback 100%, but this seems like a pretty obvious attempt to scam me. I'm not out anything so not a huge deal, but behavior like this really should have some consequences... He also says when I ask him why he waited so long to contact me that he always waits a month to give the item plenty of time to show up. Really? A MONTH? That's absurd and just makes it harder to solve a problem if there is one.

www.vg-force.com

#1234 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

Got a message today for a Cars Collector's Edition Blu-ray w/ slipcover that I'm selling.

"Hello, I would be purchasing this as a gift for a collector.

Are either of your slipcovers totally mint, with no dents, bends, creases, or wear on the corners or edges?

Thanks."

:headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:  :headache:

I didn't even bother replying. Added him to my blocked list.

Funnily enough, the previous guy who tried to scam me was also buying a movie for as a gift for a collector!  :roll: yeah right.

You probably did the right choice, the slip collectors on Blu-Ray.com are such sticklers. lmao, There was one guy on there who really doesn't care for them and tore one in half and posted a picture of it. You should have seen all the outcry over it, classic!

#1235 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

Anything I can do about a 'would be' scammer?

Yesterday I get a message from a guy I sold a 15.00 game to a month ago. I marked it as shipped and all but apparently I forgot to upload tracking, though I did get it. He says it never showed up. Right or wrong I'm annoyed that he waited a month to contact me, thinking I may not be able to find the tracking info at this point. Luckily, after 20 minutes of searching, I locate my receipt and check. It shows delivered 3 days after I shipped it.

I upload tracking and message the guy saying hey, I show it was delivered, if you don't have it we need to contact the post office. Ten minutes later I get a message back, oh, I was able to find it. Thanks though for uploading that.

Guy has over 10000 feedback 100%, but this seems like a pretty obvious attempt to scam me. I'm not out anything so not a huge deal, but behavior like this really should have some consequences... He also says when I ask him why he waited so long to contact me that he always waits a month to give the item plenty of time to show up. Really? A MONTH? That's absurd and just makes it harder to solve a problem if there is one.

You can add him to your blocked buyers list. I think there's also an option to report users to eBay but I don't think they'd do anything.

#1236 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

I have to say, I really despise he new eBay app. The search function is crap, it never saves my settings anymore, changing the shipping on new listings requires more clicking, and the bar appearing whenever you scroll up is annoying as hell.

#1237 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:18 AM

Does anyone know if Im screwed with an insurance claim, if an item was never scanned in? Dropped a game off in the mailbox inside the post office last monday, and it never got updated even once tracking wise. Its still at shipping info received.
Was hoping it was just a messed up label and it just went along its journey, but I just received a message from the buyer asking where its at.

#1238 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:54 AM

Does anyone know if Im screwed with an insurance claim, if an item was never scanned in? Dropped a game off in the mailbox inside the post office last monday, and it never got updated even once tracking wise. Its still at shipping info received.
Was hoping it was just a messed up label and it just went along its journey, but I just received a message from the buyer asking where its at.

You're probably fucked. I assume you shipped it First Class? If it was within the lower 48 it should have arrived last week. It would be odd for it to make it all the way through the system without getting scanned at any point. You should go talk to someone at the PO where you dropped it off.

#1239 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:46 PM

Question. So I sold a Gameboy yesterday morning and soon after it sold the person told me that they needed it to ship to a different location as it was a Christmas present and gave me a different address. I sent them a reply saying that I would need to refund and cancel the transaction, and then once she buys it again she can change the address. No reply from her yet. If I don't get a reply after several days should I consider just canceling the auction?

ITS%20DAT%20DAM%20KID.png

#1240 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:25 AM

Question. So I sold a Gameboy yesterday morning and soon after it sold the person told me that they needed it to ship to a different location as it was a Christmas present and gave me a different address. I sent them a reply saying that I would need to refund and cancel the transaction, and then once she buys it again she can change the address. No reply from her yet. If I don't get a reply after several days should I consider just canceling the auction?

You have a long time to cancel so just wait it out as long as you feel is enough. Theres no hurry.

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#1241 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:40 AM

You have a long time to cancel so just wait it out as long as you feel is enough. Theres no hurry.

Yep. That is one of the tell tale signs of a scammer. Ask you to send to a different address and then you are screwed.

#1242 CoffeeWolf74

CoffeeWolf74

Rocket ridin' son of a gun...WOOOOOO!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

So I've been slowly selling these - http://www.ebay.com/itm/271329359718 - and no problems until today. (I also combined/refunded the difference in shipping  before I got this message from the guy)

Why are you shipping the item? You can just tell me the codes rather than wasting the time and fees of shipping. The name of the item is "Care Package Code" not "Monster Cardboard Box with Code on it".

So I only replied with 

While I agree with your sentiment, I am following Ebay's policies.

http://pages.ebay.co...wnloadable.html

and tossed him into my blocked bidders list. I mean I get his point, but I'm only CYA'ing for myself. The guy didn't put a note with his payment about wanting the codes via email, and I had already dropped them into the blue box so it's not like I could go get them now anyways. I thought I got it right, but should I change something in my ad in anyone's opinion?

Wow, nevermind - the A-hole must have reported it because Ebay just sent me a "copyright violation" message that because I offered to email the code along with mailing it. What a jerk.

card.png

#1243 TheGuido

TheGuido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

So I sell replacement cases and instruction manuals for DS games on eBay. My items are clearly listed in the cases category, my title clearly states they are the case and instruction manual FOR xxxxx game. The item description clearly states the auction is for replacement cases and instructions, and my photos clearly show no game in the picture. Most transactions go fine but I have a few right now that just auto-negatived me stating I was trying to scam them and rip them off. This crap infuriates me to no end. EBay does nothing for me in regards to the negative feedback and I'm the one that ends up screwed because people are to dumb to read and understand what they are buying. Best line in the last message I got was: " Who would buy empty cases and instructions with no games? You are a scamming idiot.".... Yep, I'm the idiot.

TLDR: EBay is full of morons.

#1244 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

I've actually seen a few listings where along with the picture of the case and manual, they include a card stock note saying no game is included.  If they can't even see the picture and know that the game isn't included, then they are even more idiotic than I thought.

Not saying that will prevent it from happening again, but its a nice idea if you want to consider it for your upcoming auctions.

#1245 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:03 AM

So I sell replacement cases and instruction manuals for DS games on eBay. My items are clearly listed in the cases category, my title clearly states they are the case and instruction manual FOR xxxxx game. The item description clearly states the auction is for replacement cases and instructions, and my photos clearly show no game in the picture. Most transactions go fine but I have a few right now that just auto-negatived me stating I was trying to scam them and rip them off. This crap infuriates me to no end. EBay does nothing for me in regards to the negative feedback and I'm the one that ends up screwed because people are to dumb to read and understand what they are buying. Best line in the last message I got was: " Who would buy empty cases and instructions with no games? You are a scamming idiot.".... Yep, I'm the idiot.

Is there a separate category for replacement cases and stuff? I see them in the general Video Games one all the time but is there somewhere more appropriate they should be?

#1246 Kaipper

Kaipper

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

Is there a separate category for replacement cases and stuff? I see them in the general Video Games one all the time but is there somewhere more appropriate they should be?

I generally put mine in Replacement Parts and Tools.

#1247 TheGuido

TheGuido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

Yes, there is a cases category.

#1248 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:35 PM

So..I got this letter in which tells me of a class action lawsuit against eBay for uneccessary charges on the mobile app. Is this really a thing?

#1249 jatink129

jatink129

Mister Aladdin, sir What will your pleasure be?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:43 AM

You can call eBay. Speak to the resolution dept.

If you can prove (and you should) that you clearly listed everything clearly...you should be able to get the neg removed.

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here,

it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable...

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

#1250 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

I agree with the poster above about selling to collectors. One time I had a Xenoblade Chronicles up back when they were really rare and a guy asked me to examine it under a microscope to see if it had any smudges or sun spots and to smell it to see if it had any odd odors. I just put him on my block list immediately. I wasn't going to deal with that whole song and dance. Get a negative feedback because an eye lash was on the game when it arrived or something. I have no problem with collectors, but that is pure insanity and I think could be legally filed under a mental illness when it is that over the top.

Anyway, I sold a DLC card on eBay that came with one of my Xbox One day one editions. I know selling DLC on ebay is risky. Whatever. I take the risk, it is my choice. I bought it and mailed it. The person then filed a case against me saying item not as described and said they just received some card and not the game. I responded and told them my listing clearly states no game included. Bold and underlined. It took this person 3 days to respond to me and to my surprise they accepted responsibility for the mistake and said they should have read the listing clearly.

The only problem: they didn't close the case. It's still sitting there and it has been sitting there for 5 days now. They have like a 250 feedback, so I doubt they are scammers. I just hope they close the damn case, because I think my funds are being held.

#1251 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:23 AM

I have a customer who bought a Blu-ray, but needed it shipped to a different address. I said I could only do it to the PayPal invoice address and they went in and changed it. However, the invoice is still showing the old address. How do I refresh it?

#1252 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:58 AM

Question- I went to my local Meijer Supermarket to ship a couple games via USPS and wanted to do first class shipping. I asked about tracking and they said it was $3. I thought it was 99 cents. Also he told me priority doesn't include tracking.... is he right?

ITS%20DAT%20DAM%20KID.png

#1253 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:58 AM

Question- I went to my local Meijer Supermarket to ship a couple games via USPS and wanted to do first class shipping. I asked about tracking and they said it was $3. I thought it was 99 cents. Also he told me priority doesn't include tracking.... is he right?

No.

Just buy a printer and print online. Ship like 20-30 things and you'll recoup the printer/ink/paper costs in year.

#1254 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:00 AM

I have a customer who bought a Blu-ray, but needed it shipped to a different address. I said I could only do it to the PayPal invoice address and they went in and changed it. However, the invoice is still showing the old address. How do I refresh it?

It doesn't refresh. You have to refund and have them resubmit payment / repurchase the item.

#1255 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:43 AM

Anyone here know what happens if a buyer opens a case, you respond to it, and the buyer goes AWOL and never goes back to the case to respond back?

#1256 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:52 AM

Anyone here know what happens if a buyer opens a case, you respond to it, and the buyer goes AWOL and never goes back to the case to respond back?

PayPal or eBay?

Both will time out and be found in your favor if the buyer hasn't escalated it to a dispute AND they fail to do so in a set period of time. I believe for eBay INR cases it is 30 days. PayPal INR might be 30 as well. I think there is a smaller window in SNAD cases.

I have had a number of international INR cases time out. I figured the buyer was just too lazy to do anything with the dispute after they ended up receiving the item.

#1257 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:55 AM

ebay.

I mentioned above that I sold a DLC card from one of my Xbox One Day One titles, and the buyer opened a case saying they thought they were getting the game and didn't receive the game. I responded and told them my listing clearly stated it was just for the voucher and I even made it bold and underlined in the listing. They responded back and apologized and took responsibility for not reading the listing thoroughly, but they never closed the  case. This was almost a week ago.

They might be one of those ebayers who only logs in once a month, but currently the funds are being withheld until something happens.

#1258 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:59 AM

ebay.

I mentioned above that I sold a DLC card from one of my Xbox One Day One titles, and the buyer opened a case saying they thought they were getting the game and didn't receive the game. I responded and told them my listing clearly stated it was just for the voucher and I even made it bold and underlined in the listing. They responded back and apologized and took responsibility for not reading the listing thoroughly, but they never closed the  case. This was almost a week ago.

They might be one of those ebayers who only logs in once a month, but currently the funds are being withheld until something happens.

Yeah that stinks. I almost never get hit with SNAD cases so I don't know how long they sit before timing out (they will eventually time out though).

Did you ship the item?

Have you responded to the dispute at all?

If you responded return for refund they have 14 days to submit tracking and show delivery.

I don't think you'll have any luck getting a CSR to close the case in your favor while it's open unless he blatantly takes responsibility AND I wouldn't risk escalating the case as eBay may for whatever reason find in the buyer's favor or decide "no fault" and there have been rumors circulating on the seller boards that even if you're not held responsible, if eBay decides "no fault" and refunds out of their pocket they still hold the case against the seller.

#1259 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:05 AM

Yeah, I shipped the item, but didn't use tracking because with a small voucher card I only need a little envelope to put it in and USPS told me that to get tracking on something that small, I need Priority Mail. I asked for the total and it came to like $4.50, which is ridiculous, because I sold the voucher for $15 and did free shipping, so I'd basically have to eat 1/3 of my earnings on shipping alone.

I responded to the dispute and said my listing clearly states that there is no game included. I made it bold and underlined. They didn't respond for about 3 or 4 days. Then finally they responded(via ebay message and not the case) and said they were sorry and it is their fault for not reading the listing and they'll just keep the voucher.

I responded back and told them I appreciate them understanding, but can you close the case so I can get my funds? Haven't heard back from them and that was almost a week ago.

#1260 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:09 AM

Yeah, I shipped the item, but didn't use tracking because with a small voucher card I only need a little envelope to put it in and USPS told me that to get tracking on something that small, I need Priority Mail. I asked for the total and it came to like $4.50, which is ridiculous, because I sold the voucher for $15 and did free shipping, so I'd basically have to eat 1/3 of my earnings on shipping alone.

I responded to the dispute and said my listing clearly states that there is no game included. I made it bold and underlined. They didn't respond for about 3 or 4 days. Then finally they responded(via ebay message and not the case) and said they were sorry and it is their fault for not reading the listing and they'll just keep the voucher.

I responded back and told them I appreciate them understanding, but can you close the case so I can get my funds? Haven't heard back from them and that was almost a week ago.

Well the good news is the fact that you didn't use tracking won't come into play. The buyer already stated they received the item. If it gets escalated eBay will most likely decide "return for refund" where the buyer will have to ship the code back AND show proof of delivery (i.e. purchase tracking) to win the dispute.

You can always try to see if CSR will just close the dispute but my experience is that they won't for anything that isn't black and white (i.e. an INR dispute where you can show delivery).

Unless he said something very clear stating that he made a mistake and would be closing the dispute, but never did, I don't think they'll close it for you and you'll just have to wait for him to do it or for the dispute to time out