New Wii U bundle coming 2/17th to Canada

bonesawisready

CAGiversary!
Best Buy and Future Shop are both listing a brand new Wii U Deluxe bundle for release on February 17th.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=1367583375a304a7e31f9babbc27e25fen02

And

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=e684c2e3144e989998ba8348375d1771en02

Bundle will be $399 and includes the following:

-32GB Black Wii U system
-Black Pro Controller
-Copy of Zombi U
-Copy of Nintendo Land
-Exclusive Zombi U art book
-Digital Deluxe Promotion for 2 years

That's a pretty good bundle and I'm glad it includes Nintendo Land. This really should've been out at launch but I guess late is better than never. So anyone who was thinking about buying a Wii U soon, will you jump on this bundle?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='plus1zero']I hope they have an embassador program and give us early adopters some classic games!!![/QUOTE]

Why? This isn't a price drop. Considering they sell every Wii U at a loss I wouldn't bet on a price drop until September at the earliest. At the point they wouldn't need an ambassador program at all

[quote name='United_Korea']what a terrible bundle.[/QUOTE]

If you plan on getting Black Ops 2 or something else that uses the pro controller, it's not a terrible deal. $50 more for ZombiU, the pro controller, and a flimsy art book.

If you're getting a Pro Controller anyway, it's basically getting ZombiU for free. So that's not bad. Still, I'm waiting for something better. I've just got too much to play.

[quote name='bonesawisready']Best Buy and Future Shop are both listing a brand new Wii U Deluxe bundle for release on February 17th in the US.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=1367583375a304a7e31f9babbc27e25fen02

And

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=e684c2e3144e989998ba8348375d1771en02

-32GB Black Wii U system
-Black Pro Controller
-Copy of Zombi U
-Copy of Nintendo Land

That's a pretty good bundle and I'm glad it includes Nintendo Land. This really should've been out at launch but I guess late is better than never. So anyone who was thinking about buying a Wii U soon, will you jump on this bundle?[/QUOTE]

Huh? Future Shop is Canada only and your link is to Best Buy Canada. While I wouldn't rule out a US release, where did you get this information?

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']On February 20th when ps4 is unveiled its going to look silly to pay 400 bucks for a current gen machine with 32 gb hdd[/QUOTE]

If the PS4 comes bundled with two controllers and two games for $400, then they'll have come a long way since the PS3 launch.

Son of a bitch. I bought a Wii U about two weeks ago and ZombiU... I could've had a free controller :( Gah. Oh well. it's.. not the best system, but not the worst. At least it isn't a 360. Also seriously want PS4. I would burn down Activisions headquarters for a PS4 right now.

[quote name='plus1zero']I hope they have an embassador program and give us early adopters some classic games!!![/QUOTE]

I'm gonna ask this in the upcoming Microsoft and Sony console threads just to be annoying.

[quote name='maximumzero']Fix'd.

Speak for yourself.[/QUOTE]

He may not speak for everyone but most gamers clearly do not give a shit, as the slowing sales suggest.

That said, that's a decent bundle assuming you want console.

Can someone explain to me how this is a "deal". Maybe I am missing something but this seems to be "news".

[quote name='mkelehan']If you're getting a Pro Controller anyway, it's basically getting ZombiU for free. So that's not bad. Still, I'm waiting for something better. I've just got too much to play.[/QUOTE]

yeah i'm really hoping for a pikmin 3 bundle (or wonderful 101, whichever comes first)

For those that are on the fence, ZombieU is a great game. The best game ever? No, but it's a damn fine game, and refreshing because of how it takes advantage of the tablet controller. As a hardcore gamer, I really enjoyed it.

My thoughts on buying a Wii U can be summed up in one sentence:

I'll buy one when the new Xeno game they teased a couple weeks ago comes out.

[quote name='SMBScooby']getting the god of war ps3 system instead[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wanted a Wii U (I love Nintendo first party stuff) but I can't bring myself to buy it yet. And maybe *sadly* ever.

(I used to have a PS3 but didn't really play much, but with GOW and The Last of Us coming out, I think I'll buy even though the current gen is almost over with.)

I want to want it though, just can't justify it. If the launch had more first party gaming, I would have for sure.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']On February 20th when ps4 is unveiled its going to look silly to pay 400 bucks for a current gen machine with 32 gb hdd[/QUOTE]

Wasn't the Ps3 like 600 bucks just for 20gb when it first released?

Also the Wii U is not current gen it's already considered next gen.

[quote name='SMBScooby']getting the god of war ps3 system instead[/QUOTE]

At this point it's a better deal. Give the WiiU another year before it becomes a "must-buy".

[quote name='diazt350']Wasn't the Ps3 like 600 bucks just for 20gb when it first released? [/QUOTE]
It was $500 for the 20GB model and $600 for 60GB.

no reason to get a wii u at this point. gonna wait till e3 to see some new software revealed thats comming this fall. all i want is reyman at this point and i expect that to be ported soon anyway

Not a bad bundle for those that can't wait for it. I'm gonna hold out for a better bundle or price drop though. Then the announcement of the next gen systems is around the corner. Ugh, too many games! lol

I was LOL'ing at Sony for making the God of War red bundle $349, but at least that included a BRAND NEW game and a unique color console. I still think they should be going for the $299 price point even with bundles.

If this bundle was $349, it would probably boost sales since it would be perceived as an amazing deal on the Deluxe system. At $399 it will not boost sales because you are paying for the extras inside the bundle, it will sit on shelves.

February 17th, eh?

Tryin' to steal Sony's thunder in advance of their February 20th PS4 announcement....good luck with that!

You're fucking kidding me. I thought for sure it was going to be a LOWER price than they already charge for stuff, not a HIGHER price. If this is their solution to the poor sales issue then they obviously don't understand why less people are buying their product than they predicted.

[quote name='$hady']"we still don't care"
-gamers everywhere[/QUOTE]
Lol, even if it is a troll, I think the majority tends to agree.
[quote name='Edzo04']i still dont get why everyone keeps hating the wii u[/QUOTE]
Some of it is likely backlash from gamers scorned after the Wii. I think it's mostly because gamers are disappointed with the direction Nintendo has taken and need to justify not owning the system. Most of us grew up with Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, etc and still have love for those franchises. But to own a console seen as inferior by many for a few select franchises is a hard sell. This early in the game with only a mario game to really support it, it's easy to pick on especially given the slow sales compared to Wii.

For me personally, the honeymoon was over with Gamecube. I admittedly only bought that system for Resident Evil and was let down by the first and third party lineup. When motion controls came along, I knew Nintendo was just taking a piss at that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']no reason to get a wii u at this point. gonna wait till e3 to see some new software revealed thats comming this fall. all i want is reyman at this point and i expect that to be ported soon anyway[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it's going to be ported. The games works with the wii gamepad in mind for some parts in the demo.

[quote name='bonesawisready']Best Buy and Future Shop are both listing a brand new Wii U Deluxe bundle for release on February 17th in the US.

And

-32GB Black Wii U system
-Black Pro Controller
-Copy of Zombi U
-Copy of Nintendo Land

That's a pretty good bundle and I'm glad it includes Nintendo Land. This really should've been out at launch but I guess late is better than never. So anyone who was thinking about buying a Wii U soon, will you jump on this bundle?[/QUOTE]

Meh. I thought this would be a price reduction due to the awful sales. I'll wait for the same-ish bundle to be $299 and I'll bite.

Full panic mode by Nintendo

It's worth it to wait, this looks like it's going to get much worse for them before it gets better.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Full panic mode by Nintendo

It's worth it to wait, this looks like it's going to get much worse for them before it gets better.[/QUOTE]

Putting a bundle together for one country without pricing it below the normal pricepoint is full panic mode? FFS.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Putting a bundle together for one country without pricing it below the normal pricepoint is full panic mode? FFS.[/QUOTE]

With the price increase, they obviously don't understand why they're having poor sales.

I certainly can't think of any console in the past that would throw in an extra game and an extra controller in a bundle about 2 1/2 months after launch. I'd love for you to link something in the past where another console had this happen.

They already have

Yeah, I'll feel much smarter paying $799 for the PS4 with a single controller and no games, going by historical trends. http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Launch_price

[quote name='diazt350']Wasn't the Ps3 like 600 bucks just for 20gb when it first released?

Also the Wii U is not current gen it's already considered next gen.[/QUOTE]

How long ago did the PS3 release? Kind of stupid to compare a 32GB hard drive in 2013 to a 20GB or 60GB Hard Drive in 2005

Can we just close this before more meaningless posts:

1. This is not a deal.
2. People without a Wii-u don't want one.
3. People who have one (for the most part) want it to succeed, and as such will provide more meaningless defenses as to why it will succeed.
4. It'll just clog the deals board.

bread's done
Back