Photo
- - - - -

Club Nintendo Wii & 3DS - Paper Mario, Kirby Super Star, Bird & Beans + Metal Torrent

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do

• Bird & Beans - 100 points (3DS)
  • Metal Torrent - 150 points (3DS)
  • Paper Mario - 200 points (Wii)
  • Kirby Super Star - 150 points (Wii)
Available until March 10, 2013.

8-)

#2 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

I've still never played Paper Mario... :shock: maybe I should get it? Thinkin' about it.

#3 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Bird & Beans - two levels, the only difference is alternate backgrounds. About what you'd expect from a flash game, but not good enough to be on Kongregate.

Metal Torrent - top-down shmup with two difficulty levels (Easy and Insane). Easy is very easy, and Insane is hard not because of more powerful enemies, but because they take away a lot of weapons and abilities. Takes about 15 minutes to beat.

Do not bother with those two, they're bad. Paper Mario is easily the best title. Sucks there's nothing for DS this time.

#4 JCrichton

JCrichton

I've still never played Paper Mario... :shock: maybe I should get it? Thinkin' about it.

That's the one I just picked up and downloaded. The wife and I love Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door so this one was a no-brainer. :)

#5 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

Bird & Beans - two levels, the only difference is alternate backgrounds. About what you'd expect from a flash game, but not good enough to be on Kongregate.

Metal Torrent - top-down shmup with two difficulty levels (Easy and Insane). Easy is very easy, and Insane is hard not because of more powerful enemies, but because they take away a lot of weapons and abilities. Takes about 15 minutes to beat.

Do not bother with those two, they're bad. Paper Mario is easily the best title. Sucks there's nothing for DS this time.

Thanks for the info on the DS titles, missed out on Punch Out and was thinking about picking one of them. Now I guess I'll wait.

#6 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

saw wii and 3ds and thought they would be download games.

then I saw Bird & Beans and Metal Torrent and thought those sounded like cool items. Then I thought oh maybe there's a paper Mario and a Kirby "Super Star" plush or something!

read the OP and was disappointed lol

#7 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do

• Bird & Beans - 100 points (3DS)
  • Metal Torrent - 150 points (3DS)
  • Paper Mario - 200 points (Wii)
  • Kirby Super Star - 150 points (Wii)
Available until March 10, 2013.

8-)

I already owned Paper Mario and Kirby Super Star :(
Good month for Club Nintendo
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#8 SkywardKing

SkywardKing

El-Skyward Magnifico

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

Well i picked up Metal Torrent because i have points and there are usually nothing but weak prizes lol.

#9 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

what are the Bird Beals and Metal Torrent games about anyway? I've never heard of them, guessing they are indie.

#10 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

Nintendo usually only releases first party games for download on club nintendo

#11 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

Yes, yes you should :bouncy:

Thanks for this. I was interested in metal torrent, but I''ll wait to use my points instead.

#12 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

Awesome! Paper Mario. Thank you very much!
So Windwaker HD is like cocaine for my eyes.

#13 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Got Metal Torrent since I'm into shmups & for 150 coins, it's okay. Not much variation but still fun if you need a quick shmup fix while waiting for something.

Completely recommend Paper Mario & Kirby Super Star. I don't know how many times I've replayed those games, especially Paper Mario, growing up. Heck, that'd be a game I wouldn't mind having a digital copy of.

Birds & Beans is just Pyoro from the original WarioWare. I think Blade summed it up best: Feels like an okay flash game, but nothing special.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

Yeah, good month for Wii/U owners, especially with Paper Mario and Kirby Super Star.

Batsugunner.png

#15 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

They offered Kirby Super Star once before and I got it then. Might be in for two Paper Marios. Wouldn't mind one for myself on my Will and one for the kids' system.

Now Playing:  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (26) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:   :ps4: Transistor

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#16 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Paper Mario is awesome. Get it! One of my favorite games.

Crunchewy.png

#17 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Wish I could play it on my Wii tablet. 200 pts now + $1.50 later = tablet-able game? Can't wait for the Wii U VC to catch up...
Posted Image

#18 Exuro

Exuro

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Thanks for the heads up on this, I've wanted a chance to play the original Paper Mario for a while!

#19 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

This may sound like a dumb question but those of you with a Wii U, are you able to redeem your codes? Or will you be able to redeem these codes when the VC finally is updated this spring?

EDIT: Always wondered this because I have plenty of unused Club Nintendo game codes and I plan on getting rid of my Wii for a Wii U (and no I don't want to do the transfer option, I know that exists)

#20 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Paper Mario is worth is every penny :)
"Evil is Funs"

#21 Chesskid1

Chesskid1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

was hoping for torrents.

#22 BlockheadBrown

BlockheadBrown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

This may sound like a dumb question but those of you with a Wii U, are you able to redeem your codes? Or will you be able to redeem these codes when the VC finally is updated this spring?

EDIT: Always wondered this because I have plenty of unused Club Nintendo game codes and I plan on getting rid of my Wii for a Wii U (and no I don't want to do the transfer option, I know that exists)

You can go to the Wii menu on the Wii U. I believe once that launches, you can redeem the codes emailed to you there. There's a "Learn more" link on both of the games' pages.

#23 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Man another good month and I don't have any more points. Missed out on Mario Kart last month and now I'll miss Kirby Super Star and Paper Mario. I might be able to scrape enough points for Kirby though. Have to check and see how close I am later.

#24 kidkash03

kidkash03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

In for Paper Mario.

#25 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

Thank you for posting this. I have been waiting for something to purchase with my coins. Picked up Paper Mario now I have to decide if I should get Kirby too.

#26 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Does someone have a list of what is coming up next month? I'm trying to decide if I should buy Kirby or save my coins.

#27 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

Paper Mario really is a no-brainer this month, assuming you have the coins, and is probably the best CN game for Wii they have ever offered. Kirby Super Star is good too, but that is of course on the Dream Collection anyways (which is still on sale for $20 @ Best Buy until this Friday for RZ members, just another reminder in case people forget the other thread).

Does someone have a list of what is coming up next month? I'm trying to decide if I should buy Kirby or save my coins.

There is no indication on what CN will offer each month. The only stipulation is that it will be a first party VC reward, or any WiiWare / DSiware game that is published by Nintendo.

#28 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

Why don't they offer GOOD games on the 3DS? I know it could run Paper Mario easily.

#29 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

I don't think the eshop even sales n64 games.

#30 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

I checked club nintendo for the first time in weeks last night and saw these, just assumed theyd been posted for weeks already.

Damn, Id of really wanted to get paper mario.. but I already bought it off Amazon!
Ive never been too interested in kirby, bores me.