Anarchy Reigns $20 NEW @ Gamestop

Thanks OP! I have been looking to bite on this game for a good price. I don't have high expectations, so $20 is a perfect price point.

Awful campaign partly because it is a fighter balanced for MP rather than SP. Mediocre multiplayer that's too combo/juggly to be a party fighter but too imbalanced and chaotic to be a real fighter. I was completely disappointed by this.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']anything missing from a used version of this game? codes etc.[/QUOTE]

Nope, The codes the game had were for pre orders which were the Bayonetta Character and some new game modes.

[quote name='Rsmobile']Awful campaign partly because it is a fighter balanced for MP rather than SP. Mediocre multiplayer that's too combo/juggly to be a party fighter but too imbalanced and chaotic to be a real fighter. I was completely disappointed by this.[/QUOTE]

I was afraid of this.

$10 or bust.

[quote name='Rsmobile']Awful campaign partly because it is a fighter balanced for MP rather than SP. Mediocre multiplayer that's too combo/juggly to be a party fighter but too imbalanced and chaotic to be a real fighter. I was completely disappointed by this.[/QUOTE]

It's not a fighter. It's a beat Em up IMO. I played it to completion and I always felt it was a beat Em up with mini game elements.

$20 is well worth the price

[quote name='joshnorm']It's not a fighter. It's a beat Em up IMO. I played it to completion and I always felt it was a beat Em up with mini game elements.

$20 is well worth the price[/QUOTE]

This is how I feel as well. It was already a steal at $30.

[quote name='sultangaming']Thanks for the tip, think I'll bite at that price.

I hope the last few copies still contain the Bayo DLC![/QUOTE]

That was pre-order only. Ask the store they might have some available still. She is fun to play

[quote name='joshnorm']That was pre-order only. Ask the store they might have some available still. She is fun to play[/QUOTE]

I work at the store I would be getting it from. I think our copies might be the same ones since launch. Not 100% sure though.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Why the heck? I thought I posted to this thread before I left home. In any case, does this game have an online pass?[/QUOTE]

From what others are saying, no it doesn't. The only code inside would be the Bayonetta DLC.

No online pass. Only code is the preorder DLC for Bayonetta and the Mad Survival mode.

[quote name='joshnorm']It's not a fighter. It's a beat Em up IMO. I played it to completion and I always felt it was a beat Em up with mini game elements.

I love beat em ups more than anything else in the world. AR is not a good beat em up partly because it sits on the awkward edge where it apes many design choices from fighters, but only the more tedious ones, yet without the tight balancing of a fighter. Not even counting the glitches and exploits that will never be patched.

Plus, it's an MP focused beat em up which means the moveset is already pruned of any of a proper beat em up's more satisfying crowd battling moves because it has to be designed for MP.

And seriously, who plays Streets of Rage or RCR for their versus modes? Honestly.

If you want an unserious chaotic beat em up, Smash Bros is simply far superior in every way.

[quote name='sultangaming']From what others are saying, no it doesn't. The only code inside would be the Bayonetta DLC.[/QUOTE]

Bayonetta wasn't inside the case, she was posted on the receipt, also there's no online pass.

[quote name='mrbomb']Don't buy this for the multiplayer, single player is short and sweet. Worth the $20.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I would say the exact opposite :lol:

If you guys have any friends who'd buy this it's DEFINITELY worth $20, the multplayer modes are pretty varied and very fun, and also has bots!

[quote name='sultangaming']From what others are saying, no it doesn't. The only code inside would be the Bayonetta DLC.[/QUOTE]

Those codes weren't inside the game, they printed on your receipt when you picked up just like all other GS-exclusive preorder bonuses.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I was afraid of this.

$10 or bust.[/QUOTE]

"Afraid" of something getting cheaper quickly??? You are not a true CAG then.

I paid $10 for MadWorld, I do not plan on paying a penny more* for this game.

Sales tax excluded

Um, I believe you're thinking of a different game.

I'd pay $10 for it at the most.

We need a new Urban Reign game though. Now that game was the shit.

This game is fantastic and is a steal at $20. Don't listen to the bad players who only played the single player and didn't take more than 5 minutes to learn how the game works because it has a difficulty curve (something absent in almost every game now). It's a very unique multiplayer beatemup that is a lot of fun to play.

[quote name='Remoe']This game is fantastic and is a steal at $20. Don't listen to the bad players who only played the single player and didn't take more than 5 minutes to learn how the game works because it has a difficulty curve (something absent in almost every game now). It's a very unique multiplayer beatemup that is a lot of fun to play.[/QUOTE]
A few of us only play single player, hence the suggestions are somewhat accurate.

It doesn't have local multiplayer so I was hoping to wait until it was down to $10 and get 2 of them for my PS3s. Though I don't know that I'd want to play through it twice over to unlock characters. I may just grab this one.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']So is it pretty much impossible to get Bayonette at this point aside from hoping they release her as paid DLC?[/QUOTE]

Yes although I'm fairly certain they said they would release her.

Thanks for this. Grabbed a used copy from GS.com. Been interested in the game since a friend told me about it but $30 was too much. $18 shipped is perfect :D

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yes although I'm fairly certain they said they would release her.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine they'd just leave that potential money on the table.

There's a used :ps3: copy nearby. With the 20% off coupon that might push me over the edge. Thanks OP.

EDIT: Picked a used complete copy up for $13.xx using the coup. Not bad at all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought this game last week from Amazon for $26. :(

Just finished 1 play through of single player campaign and I have to say it's average. Coming from a big fan of Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta, I felt the combat is just too slow and less responsive, and the limited amount of moves are bordering on repetitiveness. I guess that's how beat 'em ups are. The last beat 'em up games I played was Final Fight/Streets of Rage series and remembering those, the limited amount of moves and less responsive controls are the norm. I haven't played online yet and have not tried the other characters using stage select. I will be though since I just finished the campaign and unlocked all the characters as well as bought Bayonetta character DLC off of ebay. Hopefully, things will be more interesting from now on.

This looks less like Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta than it does Dynasty Warriors, particularly Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage. Is that accurate? I already have all the Musou games to slog through. I'm not sure I need this one too.

I bought the Japanese version "Max Anarchy" over the holidays while in Taiwan, it cost me $25 USD at a game store there. I actually enjoyed the game, not great but entertaining.

[quote name='whitereflection']This looks less like Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta than it does Dynasty Warriors, particularly Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage. Is that accurate? I already have all the Musou games to slog through. I'm not sure I need this one too.[/QUOTE]

The campaign is Dynasty Warriors-ish on a smaller scale, but I think the better comparison is that the multiplayer side (really the main attraction here, and the heart of the game) feels a lot like a reimagined Powerstone, with lots of items lying around each stage and random events happening all the time. I've spent more time in the many offline multiplayer modes (since you can play all of those with bots of variable skill levels) than I have in the campaign mode, when I'm not playing online. It's a shame that there's no local multiplayer, but for $20, I still think it's worth it.

[quote name='Lordd_G']"Afraid" of something getting cheaper quickly??? You are not a true CAG then.

Sales tax excluded
[/QUOTE]

What is this? I don't even....

I'd bite if the Bayonetta DLC were still available. The DLC (Bayonetta plus two more game modes) is available in Japan (for $3), so maybe that means it will come over here eventually. Problem is, by the time it does, there may not be anyone left playing the multiplayer.

So that preorder DLC might wind up costing them a sale from me. We'll see.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']It doesn't have local multiplayer so I was hoping to wait until it was down to $10 and get 2 of them for my PS3s. Though I don't know that I'd want to play through it twice over to unlock characters.[/QUOTE]

You may be able to copy and transfer a save file to your second PS3. It would be a shame to find that this game contains copy-protected save files though.

sounds like the words of someone who sucks at the game. "too combo/juggly" :applause:
[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I was afraid of this.

$10 or bust.[/QUOTE]
dont listen to him

[quote name='Sandrock7383']its a beat-em up, not a fighter. it is well worth 20 bucks. it even garnered solid reviews.[/QUOTE]
It's not a beat em up like these other games people are comparing it too, it does have a competitive fighting aspect to it. This isnt a game you can play online and button mash/use the same combos and win.
[quote name='mrbomb']Don't buy this for the multiplayer, single player is short and sweet. Worth the $20.[/QUOTE]
Multiplayer is the best/main aspect of the game lol
[quote name='Rsmobile']No online pass. Only code is the preorder DLC for Bayonetta and the Mad Survival mode.

I love beat em ups more than anything else in the world. AR is not a good beat em up partly because it sits on the awkward edge where it apes many design choices from fighters, but only the more tedious ones, yet without the tight balancing of a fighter. Not even counting the glitches and exploits that will never be patched.

Plus, it's an MP focused beat em up which means the moveset is already pruned of any of a proper beat em up's more satisfying crowd battling moves because it has to be designed for MP.

And seriously, who plays Streets of Rage or RCR for their versus modes? Honestly.

If you want an unserious chaotic beat em up, Smash Bros is simply far superior in every way.[/QUOTE]
LMAO @ comparing to Streets of Rage and RCR
LMAO @ comparing to Smash bros, man that 2d 4 player wifi/friend code only game is so good...even though thats played competitively too :applause:
[quote name='AwRy108']Um, I believe you're thinking of a different game.[/QUOTE]
lol
[quote name='Ragnorok64']So is it pretty much impossible to get Bayonette at this point aside from hoping they release her as paid DLC?[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure she will be future dlc...with other characters too hopefully. If Metal Gear R does really good maybe we can see Raiden in it.
[quote name='TooPoor']A few of us only play single player, hence the suggestions are somewhat accurate.[/QUOTE] Then rent the game. And the suggestions arent accurate, you better be waiting for the smash bros games to drop to $5-$10 also then

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Bought this game last week from Amazon for $26. :(

Just finished 1 play through of single player campaign and I have to say it's average. Coming from a big fan of Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta, I felt the combat is just too slow and less responsive, and the limited amount of moves are bordering on repetitiveness. I guess that's how beat 'em ups are. The last beat 'em up games I played was Final Fight/Streets of Rage series and remembering those, the limited amount of moves and less responsive controls are the norm. I haven't played online yet and have not tried the other characters using stage select. I will be though since I just finished the campaign and unlocked all the characters as well as bought Bayonetta character DLC off of ebay. Hopefully, things will be more interesting from now on.[/QUOTE]
Limited amount of moves? There's 16 characters with their own unique combo strings and killer weapon moves. Nothing like Final Fight/SoR which i still dont know why people are comparing these games.

[quote name='Flowstance']This game is fucking terrible.[/QUOTE]
someone else who probably gets owned playing online lol
[quote name='Lordd_G']

Sales tax excluded
[/QUOTE]
cocaine is a helluva drug
[quote name='Strider Turbulence']What is this? I don't even....[/QUOTE]
its cocaine, dont even

[quote name='Jack_Frost']
Limited amount of moves? There's 16 characters with their own unique combo strings and killer weapon moves.

[/QUOTE]

Well, if you read my post, I clearly said I only played through once on story mode thus far. I only got to use mostly 2 characters through the whole campaign of black and white sides because that's all you can use. So yes, the moves are very limited compares to the types of games I'm coming from. Now that I have unlocked all characters, I will go back and try them via Stage Select. Hopefully, the rest of the casts aren't just a reimage of the moves from the 2 characters from the main story mode (same button presses, just different flash).

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Well, if you read my post, I clearly said I only played through once on story mode thus far. I only got to use mostly 2 characters through the whole campaign of black and white sides because that's all you can use. So yes, the moves are very limited compares to the types of games I'm coming from. Now that I have unlocked all characters, I will go back and try them via Stage Select. Hopefully, the rest of the casts aren't just a reimage of the moves from the 2 characters from the main story mode (same button presses, just different flash).[/QUOTE]

No in the campaign you can use others at points. You choose not to.

just a warning, i had this game since launch. for the past 2 weeks, you can tell that the online is dying extremely quickly. if your not playin in the afternoon, your not gonna find a game fast.

bread's done
Back