Photo
- - - - -

You got me hOTT and bOTThered. Be My Valentine!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
500 replies to this topic

#181 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

I know what you mean. I sold my slim, but I still have an older box. I thought about selling my intstruments over Spring Break, but it is going to be hard to want to part with them. I can't think of anything aside from Gears 1 that I enjoyed this generation as much as RB. I think I bought something like 4 or 5 hundred songs over the lifespan of that series.

Yep, I have around 300, and even though I haven't played the game since a couple months after RB3 came out, I can't bring myself to part with all of that. It was definitely the game(s) of this generation for me, hands down.

If I keep the HDD, all of that stuff will work on another 360 right? Maybe I'll just keep it and if I want to I can buy a cheap box down the road for some nostalgia...

In other news, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is on AMC.

#182 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

The season 3 finale is so fucking good. The first part of season 4 lags with Glenn Close, but Anthony Anderson is absolutely amazing when he shows up.

Oh and Season 5 is one of the best in the series. Forest Whitaker absolutely destroys. He is such a tour de force that it still drives me up the wall that he wasn't nominated for an Emmy/Golden Globe for his role on The Shield. Glenn Close got a Golden Globe and her performance didn't even come close to how good Whitaker was.

Watching The Shield alongside Justified, it amazes me how much range Walton Goggins has in his acting. Watching The Shield also makes me realize just how much Kenny Johnson was underutilized on Sons of Anarchy.

#183 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

This is ~5 months old, so I'm a little late, but an interview with Kim Jong-Il's ~17 year old grandson (Jong-Un's nephew). Really interesting. [video]

http://www.washingto...eun-a-dictator/

#184 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

My weekend has begun. 8-)

Has anyone been watching House of Cards? i'm loving it, but I kind of agree with this articled that argues dumping it all out at once has some negative consequences: http://www.grantland...se-cards-gamble

Yeah I've been watching. Its pretty great so far. Great cast, great performances, beautifully shot, intriguing story. Definitely HBO worthy.

EDIT: Anybody been playing Sim City? How is it?

Posted Image

#185 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

Morning, OTT

My weekend has begun. 8-)

EDIT: Anybody been playing Sim City? How is it?

:beer:

http://www.gamespot....istakes-6404900

Apparently broken.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#186 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

I probably should watch Justified since I usually like Elmore Leonard's novels. (The show is a spin off of a novel, and some episodes are written by him, correct?)

I have no idea where I'd fit an hour of TV viewing into my schedule. I am lucky that the kids have started enjoying watching the Simpsons now at least. I picked up the Season 5 DVD, and need to grab a few more early seasons. Our local network has reruns every day but they're usually only from 2010 and earlier. Not prime viewing.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#187 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

We've watched the first 3 episodes of House of Cards. I found that I enjoyed the 3rd show much more than the first 2, although I still found them captivating. The first two felt like a whirlwind. The 3rd seemed to slow down and have more to latch on to. It's a pretty good show. Will watch more. I have absolutely zero problems with releasing the show all at once. I can't stick to watching a show every week, so it is better for me to just have them all available for whenever I get to them.
Posted Image

#188 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

Yep, I have around 300, and even though I haven't played the game since a couple months after RB3 came out, I can't bring myself to part with all of that. It was definitely the game(s) of this generation for me, hands down.

If I keep the HDD, all of that stuff will work on another 360 right? Maybe I'll just keep it and if I want to I can buy a cheap box down the road for some nostalgia...

In other news, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is on AMC.

I think DLC is tied to the console you bought it on (not the hdd) and your gamertag. So if you get a new system you can either do a license transfer to the new console (don't know if you will need to redownload the stuff if you already have it on the hdd) or just sign in with your gamertag and redownload stuff. But if you do it the second way I believe only your gamertag can use it and you have to be connected to live, so the first option is best.

#189 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

I love that Kotaku pointed out that EA shit real hard on the Diablo 3 launch and said Sim City wouldn't repeat the same mistakes.

Posted Image

#190 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

Why no demo for BioShock Infinite? I wont pick it up for $59. Hell, if I wait 2 or 3 years it will probably be free on PlayStation Plus.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#191 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

Man, this Kickstarter thing is insidious. I kickstarted a few projects, mostly tabletop games. I kickstarted Guild of Cadwallon which was relatively inexpensive at $25. Then I ordered Devestation of the Indines. Now I went all out on hedgmonic and drum roll.

Now they have a number of really interesting games that I'm eyeing.

Zombiecide complete - $220
Machine of Death - I thought that would be enat at $25. But if I want all the expansion cards it's $78
Legacy - Forbidden Machines Complete- $75
Channel A: Anime Pitch Game - $25 but its funding isn't going well.
Evil Intent - $45

While all those look neat I can't spend that type of money.

#192 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Kickstarter is addicting. I mostly look at the tabletop games too, but have done some video games as well. Get in on Dragon Roll. It's casual and relatively simple dice rolling dungeon delve game, but definitely with some strategy too. It just looks fun.

FYI, there's going to be a new Kickstarter for another expansion to Flash Point Fire Rescue (very fun coop game) sometime soon. I'm going to try to get in on any early bird specials there.
Posted Image

#193 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Have you ever made a profit kickstarting other peoples' projects, by selling the incentives? I thought about giving that a shot for shits and giggles.

Krumm_walk.gifOblina_walk.gifIckus_walk.gif

I'm looking for SNES games. PM me.

#194 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

Sorry, it's Dungeon Roll, not Dragon Roll. Whoops.

I have been thinking about putting in for a 2nd copy of Dungeon Roll for that reason - sell at a profit due to the KS exclusives. But I don't know. Probably not worth the bother.
Posted Image

#195 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Have you ever made a profit kickstarting other peoples' projects, by selling the incentives? I thought about giving that a shot for shits and giggles.

Some of the kickstarted stuff for Sedition Wars was selling for crazy amounts whne they were first delivered. I'm tallking $300 for the $100 kickstarter bundle. But that died down after the first week. Here's one example...

I ended up getting the $100 kickstarter ediion for $125, which when you account for shipping and paypal/ebay fees probably only netted the seller ten dollars.

But I've seen the Omen kickstart selling for $70 to $100. I think it was originally $40. they're going to do a third kickstarter release this year because of that.

#196 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

Steam has the worst forums ever. Why isn't the forum integrated with community ID's? I registered to ask a fucking question in a thread and 48 hours later am still waiting for my account to be activated.

That said, all my anger really is directed towards SE and their shitty port job. Every solution that people mention is a fail for me, and I would just like to know what to do next to get TR up and running. My Spring Break starts in less than 24 hours and I want to play some TR in between catching up on big projects.

Oh and 1saleaday has some of the worst shipping ever. Over two weeks and my keyboard is still processing. It has been twelve business days and my keyboard still hasn't shipped.

And Kickstarter sucks. I want my god damn Uncle Ruckus Movie.

Rant over

Oh and I left the TV on while I was getting material together for my stats test and saw that the girl who plays Becca in Superbad plays Becca on 1600 Penn. I knew she was on the show, but the fact that she has the same name on the show as she does in SB is kind of odd.

Posted Image

#197 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:13 AM

Yeah I've been watching. Its pretty great so far. Great cast, great performances, beautifully shot, intriguing story. Definitely HBO worthy.

And Mindy Main had a cameo as the crackhead's girl.

#198 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Tomb Raider port, not the case for you?

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#199 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

1600 Penn is pretty terrible.

#200 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

Some of the kickstarted stuff for Sedition Wars was selling for crazy amounts whne they were first delivered. I'm tallking $300 for the $100 kickstarter bundle. But that died down after the first week. Here's one example...

I ended up getting the $100 kickstarter ediion for $125, which when you account for shipping and paypal/ebay fees probably only netted the seller ten dollars.

But I've seen the Omen kickstart selling for $70 to $100. I think it was originally $40. they're going to do a third kickstarter release this year because of that.

I may have to keep an eye out...

I regret not kickstarting on the RTS game the guys that made Monday Night Combat are doing. You got a cosmetic item for Super Monday Night Combat, but no one of quality even plays that game anymore... :(

Krumm_walk.gifOblina_walk.gifIckus_walk.gif

I'm looking for SNES games. PM me.

#201 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Tomb Raider port, not the case for you?

I can't even get the game to run. I feel like its fucking the long long ago where games take a shit load of work to get running.

I literally tried every fix on the web to get it running except rolling back my drivers, and nothing works.

Posted Image

#202 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:39 AM

Went to Busch Gardens today, it was pretty much dead. No crowds, no lines, and beautiful weather.

#203 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

Yeah, Joystiq reported that Tr for the PC was more broke than SimCity.

#204 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:24 AM

Yeah, Joystiq reported that Tr for the PC was more broke than SimCity.

The game has been done for like 2 and a half weeks and SE only gave Nvidia the final game code over the weekend. The earlier build they had was significantly different than the final one.

#205 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

Morning, OTT.

New StarCraft 2 expansion on Tuesday...that creeped up on me.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#206 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

Anyone here have an ipad with a retina display? I was looking at one at Best Buy but it seemed like the graphics ship wasn't powerful enough for the resiolution. Whenever I tried to scroll on a web page there would be this annoying blur effect. Nothing major, but just enough to bother my eyes and make it impossible to read while scrolling.

Is that common with ipad retina's? Or was it just a bad model because it was a display?

#207 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

Anyone here have an ipad with a retina display? I was looking at one at Best Buy but it seemed like the graphics ship wasn't powerful enough for the resiolution. Whenever I tried to scroll on a web page there would be this annoying blur effect. Nothing major, but just enough to bother my eyes and make it impossible to read while scrolling.

Is that common with ipad retina's? Or was it just a bad model because it was a display?

Do you see the same effect with LCD TV's? There is a % of the population that sees the pixel cooldown on LCD HDTV's, making them unwatchable (Ghosting, blurring, etc.)...including yours truly. Its why all my TV's are Plasma.

Could be that, or not.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#208 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

I'm guess I'm too cynical to do kickstarter. I can't see myself paying for a product that doesn't even exist yet. How do I know it will even be made or delivered? Trust and hope in my fellow man?

Today's goal is to get a haircut. And do something about all this MF'ing dirty laundry.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#209 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Morning, OTT.

New StarCraft 2 expansion on Tuesday...that creeped up on me.

March is a pretty good month for games. TR, Sim City, Starcraft, RE6, Bioshock.

Even if some of those games are broken/were broken and are hopefully fixed.

Posted Image

#210 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

Do you see the same effect with LCD TV's? There is a % of the population that sees the pixel cooldown on LCD HDTV's, making them unwatchable (Ghosting, blurring, etc.)...including yours truly. Its why all my TV's are Plasma.

Could be that, or not.

Nope. I've never seen that effect before.

I don't see if with the mini or the regular ipad or other tablets. I only saw it with the retina display model at best buy. But it was my first time seeing the retina display.