68 replies to this topic

#1 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Posted Image

Weekly sales will continue throughout Feb & March

Edited by moothemagiccow, 07 March 2013 - 02:59 PM.

#2 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Good to know, will likely pick up Crashmo and Mutant Mudds.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#3 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Should get Hard Copy at Amazon for $2-$3 more :)
"Evil is Funs"

#4 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

Wow, more sales. A step in the right direction.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Ooh, definitely in for Crashmo. I'll have to research the others.

#6 derintrel

derintrel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

Yeah you almost can't pass up Crashmo at that point. I'll probably get Bit Trip as well. It is 6 games.

#7 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Sakura Samurai is good. Crashmo too. But really outside of Kid Icarus and Shinobi it feels like everything "good" on 3DS is "good for a 3DS game."

#8 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

Finally some sales again on 3DS.

#9 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Definitely in for Crashmo and Fractured Soul. These are two of the eshop games that are highest on my wishlist. Nintendo needs to push a sale on Shantae now! I really want to play Shantae, but when it is $11.99 on the eshop and less than half that cost on the Apple store, it is a hard hard purchase to pull the trigger on.

#10 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

I might actually get my 3DS out of my closet and pick up some games for it.

#11 somegamerguy

somegamerguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:16 AM

Picked up bit trip saga definitely worth it as I have a lot of 3ds cases as it is, but it is a bit challenging and not for those who have low tolerance to annoyance lol

#12 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

hmm can I play eShop-purchased games on 2 3DS?.. (don't have to be concurrently)

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#13 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

hmm can I play eShop-purchased games on 2 3DS?.. (don't have to be concurrently)

No, it's tied to the system, I believe.

#14 Digital Idiot

Digital Idiot

User has been disabled.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

No, it's tied to the system, I believe.

Flicker is correct.

Thanks for the heads up OP, probably going to purchase bit trip and crashmo

#15 brewin

brewin

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

its about time they have some damn sales. Do this on the Wii U too for frig sake... not to get OT too much here, but Nintendo should enable 3DS games to be played on the Wii U. Lack of software cries would be elminated. I know I wouldnt bitch about lack of software if I could play my 3ds games on it. Make it happen and keep up the sales Nintendo!
Posted Image

#16 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Thanks, I would have missed this! They need to do more deals, and they need to advertise the damn things!

What I really want is deals on the downloadable retail games.

#17 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Any reason to pick up the 3DS release when I have it on the Wii plus a couple of the Steam releases?

#18 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Any reason to pick up the 3DS release when I have it on the Wii plus a couple of the Steam releases?

Digital Hoarder's Disease worked for me.

#19 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

I wouldn't. The Wii (disc) version already comes w/ more content. The 3DS version also has some framerate hiccups.

From wiki:

"The 3DS version of the game has 6 games redone in 3D and features new control schemes (for instance, stylus control via the touchscreen for beat and flux). The Wii version has 20 extra "challenge levels" for each game, as well as bonus content related to the production of the games. These levels are completely new but are shorter than the already included levels."

cagSig.png515886.png

#20 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

I wouldn't. The Wii (disc) version already comes w/ more content. The 3DS version also has some framerate hiccups.

From wiki:

"The 3DS version of the game has 6 games redone in 3D and features new control schemes (for instance, stylus control via the touchscreen for beat and flux). The Wii version has 20 extra "challenge levels" for each game, as well as bonus content related to the production of the games. These levels are completely new but are shorter than the already included levels."

I'll always chime in on this series, the only real reason to get the 3DS version is if you don't have a Wii, if the portability is the main driving reason to play at all, or if you'd prefer to have them digitally without having to change carts. The Wii version offers much more content, with online leaderboards and easy / hard difficulties added that emperordahc didn't already mention in the wiki link.

#21 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

The challenge levels for runner took me like twenty minutes. They were fun but they're very short. The wii game is like $11 on amazon if you've got a wii and must have them.

#22 Jurassic425

Jurassic425

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Mutant Mudds was free last week on IOS. Is there any reason to pick up the 3ds version as well? Bonus content?

#23 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

From wiki:

I'll always chime in on this series, the only real reason to get the 3DS version is if you don't have a Wii, if the portability is the main driving reason to play at all, or if you'd prefer to have them digitally without having to change carts. The Wii version offers much more content, with online leaderboards and easy / hard difficulties added that emperordahc didn't already mention in the wiki link.

Thanks guys, I guess I'll pass on it.

#24 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

Sweet, I've been deciding on Mutant Mudds lately, I'll definitely get it at $6.

#25 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

So which games do people recommend?
Follow me, @Calinks3 Twitter to talk Games, MMA, TV

#26 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

Crashmo's now available for $5.99 on 3DS eShop

#27 Caddywompus21

Caddywompus21

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

I've played about an hour of Crashmo so far. It's significantly harder than Pushmo. After the tutorial level it jumps right into some head scratchers as opposed to having level after level of equally easy puzzles. Though I think I enjoy Pushmo more but it's definitely worth the $6 if it lasts as long as Pushmo.

Has anyone played the Ketzal game? Looks like it might be worth $5.

#28 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

anyone played Sakura Samurai? I pretty much never buy digital games but i looked that one up and it looks interesting. Visually pretty for a d.load game too. For $5 i may just say F it and buy it if its any good. Hell how does their Eshop even work. Can you charge the amount direct to a CC or do you have to buy in preset incriments like MS points or Sony prepaid cards?

Any hope Crimson Shroud will go on sale? Im not familiar with Nintendo's eshop so i dont know how often/what usually goes on sale, but ive been curious to try that game out for a while now. It looks really interesting.
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#29 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

You can pay whatever the required amount is. If it costs $4.99 + tax you pay $4.99 + tax.

The last 3DS eshop sale was last summer. Not sure if this is a sign they'll be more frequent.

#30 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

Crashmo

Posted Image

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif