3DS Sakura Samurai $4.99 eShop

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Picked up Crashmo even though I'm stuck on one of the last puzzles in Pushmo. That game definitely gets hard, but oh so satisfying.

#32 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Crashmo is worth it only because they found a way to make a sequel to a game with unlimited content (albeit user-generated). The swivel feature makes it a completely different game, yet it retains most of the original mechanics.

I've only played a few of the post-tutorial puzzles, so it's hard to quantify just yet. It makes you think differently - in another dimension. I thought Pushmo exemplified the benefit of depth that 3DS games could provide, but Crashmo is another level.

#33 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

You can pay whatever the required amount is. If it costs $4.99 + tax you pay $4.99 + tax.

The last 3DS eshop sale was last summer. Not sure if this is a sign they'll be more frequent.

what.. tax? Seriously? They charge tax for a friggin digital game? Thats retarded

Good to know it can be a direct charge to your CC i gues but... tax? Seriously?
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#34 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

A lot of states require a tax on digital goods. I'm pretty sure california isn't one of them. I know I havent been taxed on any digital items I buy.

#35 XxLady_AthenaxX

XxLady_AthenaxX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

anyone played Sakura Samurai? I pretty much never buy digital games but i looked that one up and it looks interesting. Visually pretty for a d.load game too. For $5 i may just say F it and buy it if its any good. Hell how does their Eshop even work. Can you charge the amount direct to a CC or do you have to buy in preset incriments like MS points or Sony prepaid cards?

Any hope Crimson Shroud will go on sale? Im not familiar with Nintendo's eshop so i dont know how often/what usually goes on sale, but ive been curious to try that game out for a while now. It looks really interesting.

Sakura Samurai is actually pretty fun in small doses. I mean, it gets hella repetitive, but then again, the same could be said for a LOT of games. The problem with SS is that even as new enemy types are introduced... it doesn't actually affect the gameplay mechanics. Still, it's very satisfying dodging and slicing foes with precision. Is it worth full price? No way. At the sale price? I'd say bite on it.

If you're into RPGs, I highly recommend Crimson Shroud. There's literally no battle animations, but the storytelling and attention to detail is fantastic. I doubt it'll go on sale anytime soon. I could see Denpa Men going on sale before CS (which is another equally awesome RPG).
Show me a bored mind and I'll show you a mind that lacks innovation.

#36 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

what.. tax? Seriously? They charge tax for a friggin digital game? Thats retarded

Good to know it can be a direct charge to your CC i gues but... tax? Seriously?

Go to eShop settings and set your Zip code to one in Delaware. There's no sales tax collected there.

#37 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

Ugh, I never finished Pushmo, and Crashmo looks great but i don't know if I have the time or energy for it.

Go to eShop settings and set your Zip code to one in Delaware. There's no sales tax collected there.

Six months later, Nintendo holds their next conference in Delaware based on sales data. "Apparently the largest concentration of 3DS owners is right here!"

On a serious note, this WOULD qualify as tax evasion, which is illegal. Also, that would only work for prepaid cards.

#38 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Sakura Samurai is actually pretty fun in small doses. I mean, it gets hella repetitive, but then again, the same could be said for a LOT of games. The problem with SS is that even as new enemy types are introduced... it doesn't actually affect the gameplay mechanics. Still, it's very satisfying dodging and slicing foes with precision. Is it worth full price? No way. At the sale price? I'd say bite on it.

If you're into RPGs, I highly recommend Crimson Shroud. There's literally no battle animations, but the storytelling and attention to detail is fantastic. I doubt it'll go on sale anytime soon. I could see Denpa Men going on sale before CS (which is another equally awesome RPG).

thanks! may give it a look when its $5. Ya im aware of Crimson Shroud, i just done want to pay $8 for it. Like you said it probably wont go on sale any time soon unfortunatly =(

Im actually curious how DLC works with the 3DS.. if i buy it can i use it on any 3DS system? Can i use it on my fire emblem 3ds and later on when i buy an XL? Nintendo is notorious for fucking consumers over with their DLC stuff so im extra leery on buying anything from them
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#39 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

Beautiful! Pushmo is the 3DS exclusive I've played/enjoyed most, but have been too stingy to get its sequel. For $3 off, I'll gladly pick up Crashmo.
Thanks, OP!

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#40 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

thanks! may give it a look when its $5. Ya im aware of Crimson Shroud, i just done want to pay $8 for it. Like you said it probably wont go on sale any time soon unfortunatly =(

Im actually curious how DLC works with the 3DS.. if i buy it can i use it on any 3DS system? Can i use it on my fire emblem 3ds and later on when i buy an XL? Nintendo is notorious for fucking consumers over with their DLC stuff so im extra leery on buying anything from them

There's a program for transferring your software from 3DS to XL.

#41 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Picdun 2 is kind of fun.

I wish Nintendo would do more eshop sales. I'm still baffled by their charging full retail price for most games despite retail not charging full retail price.

#42 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Picdun 2 is kind of fun.

I wish Nintendo would do more eshop sales. I'm still baffled by their charging full retail price for most games despite retail not charging full retail price.

Agreed. Even a $5 discount would be influential to a lot of people's purchases.

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

#43 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

I'd like to see a standard $5 off, at least on first-party tiles, and weekly deals. Hopefully 3rd-parties would set their own sales too.

Any sales are better than nothing though, and some of the stuff is reasonably priced. The retail games on the eshop are definitely not though.

I want the eshop versions, but I refuse to pay full price, so it's an unintentional boycott of Mario Kart 7 and others by me. I live a sad life.

#44 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

I think the Big N is still learning how the digital world works. And on the.bright side, they are making faster progress in the last year than in the previous 5.

#45 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

The whole deal with stuff being tied to the system does worry me, too. What if I lose my 3DS? :(

#46 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Looking up reviews to decide what to get realized They should call this the IGN Editor's Choice sale.

In for samurai, bit trip, mutant mudd, and crashmo.

The whole deal with stuff being tied to the system does worry me, too. What if I lose my 3DS? :(

Dont. I lost my DS with GTA: CW cart in it right before the final mission.....that stunk. Still mad at the idiot that I had to help out of the snow in order to clear the road so I could get home. I fell a few times and it fell out of my coat pocket into several feet of snow at night on an unlit country road. Never found it. Think he would have been smarter than to get out in a 2wd open differential truck and with an empty bed in a blizzard while possessing no driving ability. I had to give the guy a crash course on how to drive his own frigin truck before he could get loose.

Edited by 6er, 24 February 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#47 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

Guess I'll get Crashmo, even though I haven't finished Pushmo.

And I paid $40 for Bit.Trip at launch. Crazy how fast it dropped in price, both physical and digital.

#48 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

There's a program for transferring your software from 3DS to XL.

I dont want to transfer it. That Deletes it off the old system. I want to use it on both of them. No one seems to know if it would work with the DLC on the cart. I tried calling the Nintendo number but it said it was too busy and i couldn't get though.
\-Clicky Here-\

#49 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

This is a great game and a definite must have for the 3DS system.

#50 Roguestriker

Roguestriker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

I'm thinking of getting Crashmo as it's on sale and probably the only game on the list I care about.

Problem is I've never played Pushmo(sucks not being in the sale of last year).
Posted Image

#51 rad.dreamer3kx

rad.dreamer3kx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Picked up Crashmo, wouldve waited but I believe today is the last day.

#52 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

I'm thinking of getting Crashmo as it's on sale and probably the only game on the list I care about.

Problem is I've never played Pushmo(sucks not being in the sale of last year).

Pushmo is worth full price, no question.

#53 humidore

humidore

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Picked this up and finding it really hard but fun. Anyone else have trouble using the QR codes on crashmo.nintendo codes? I couldn't get them to work both by taking a photo of my monitor and by saving the images to my 3DS.

#54 fac ownage

fac ownage

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

Sakura Samurai is good. Crashmo too. But really outside of Kid Icarus and Shinobi it feels like everything "good" on 3DS is "good for a 3DS game."

nope. paperbmario ss, re revelations, nsmb2, mario 3d land, zelda oot 3d, cave story, ghost recon, adventure time, fire emblem all examples of games that are great in theircown right. "for a 3ds game" implies that 3ds is an infurior product which is, well, an infurior way of thinking.

#55 Eye Carumba

Eye Carumba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

I freakin' loved me some Crashmo! Everyone should buy this!

#56 KornKid91

KornKid91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

anyone played Sakura Samurai? I pretty much never buy digital games but i looked that one up and it looks interesting. Visually pretty for a d.load game too. For $5 i may just say F it and buy it if its any good. Hell how does their Eshop even work. Can you charge the amount direct to a CC or do you have to buy in preset incriments like MS points or Sony prepaid cards?

Any hope Crimson Shroud will go on sale? Im not familiar with Nintendo's eshop so i dont know how often/what usually goes on sale, but ive been curious to try that game out for a while now. It looks really interesting.

If you've ever played Punch-Out, specifically the recent Wii game, you'll like this. Gameplay is pretty challenging so if you like to push yourself then this is worth getting into. At first it'll kick your ass, but once you learn the combat system it becomes a fair challenge. Only fault are that the environments are empty with not so great textures.

#57 rayword45

rayword45

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

As a person who wasn't riding Pushmo like every other eShop user, I can say I enjoyed Crashmo a lot more.

Anyways, in for Crashmo already, as well as Ketzal's Corridors and Fractured Soul. Already got Mudds and SS/

#58 exceed19

exceed19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

I would give this game an 8.3/10. Its pretty fun, and a great pick up and play for 20-30 mins and put down. I played every day in my breakroom at work for 2 weeks or so, and it was a blast. The 3D effect is good (not great) but its the same thing (hack and slash) the whole game (which is not a bad thing in my book). For digital content its a easy "would highly recommend".

#59 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

Crashmo is a beast. I'm stuck on the 5th non-tutorial puzzle, which is giving me more problems than just about any level in Pushmo.

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#60 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:16 AM

Crashmo is a beast. I'm stuck on the 5th non-tutorial puzzle, which is giving me more problems than just about any level in Pushmo.

I was surprised at how difficult this game was. I didn't think that Pushmo was too hard with a few exceptions that kept me stumped for days. I'm only on the third section in Crashmo and I'm constantly having to stop and thing as opposed to Pushmo where most of the puzzles came intuitively to me.