GS TIV/Promos: OLD THREAD, NEW ONE LISTED IN FIRST & LAST POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3635 replies to this topic

#1141 daver16

daver16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Yeah I used my Gears of War coupon today and it worked after you sign for the trade unlike yesterday

#1142 Mr. Black Ops

Mr. Black Ops

Keep it Lowkey!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

Is the saints row the third trade in value the same across both PS3 and Xbox?

#1143 Erabiont

Erabiont

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Base values for 3/19

:ds:
Chrono Trigger - $7

:wii:
Monster Hunter Tri - $7

:ps3:
Saint's Row: the Third - $15

$41.90 after promo and PUR, not bad. :)

t3hchucknoris.png

#1144 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

yeah but they won't like you anymore.
and im pretty sure free sr2 is way expired. if not i got 4 new online passes/copies, lol.

Haha still worked as of yesterday just like Daver confirmed.

#1145 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

Anyone tried to use the trade in coupon for gears of war today and have it work automatically? Tried to use it yesterday and it was a big hassle.

Yup it works fine for games, but it did not work for any of the gaming hardware I brought in.

:3ds:
Adventure Time: IceKing $8
Rayman Origins $9
Pokemon Rumble Blast $11

:360:
Darksiders 2 $14
Fat 360 AC Power Adapter/Powerbrick $4

Saints Row 3 $15
GOW: Ascension $26
Tomb Raider(2013) $25
Dead Space 3 around +/-1 $18
Xcom Enemy Unknown $16

Wii U
Darksiders 2 $17

#1146 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

Man I love pissed off GS employees. Was told while trading today at some point I got flagged for buying new games and keeping bonuses. Literally happened once with Ni No Kuni, 99% sure it was the same guy who refunded me with all 1 dollar bills

Does GS even ban? I'm moving to a new state in 3 weeks anyway lol

#1147 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

Man I love pissed off GS employees. Was told while trading today at some point I got flagged for buying new games and keeping bonuses. Literally happened once with Ni No Kuni, 99% sure it was the same guy who refunded me with all 1 dollar bills

Refunded you entirely with $1 bills? What did you do to infuriate him so?

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#1148 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

PS3 - Crysis 2 - $5
PS3 - Saints row the third - $15
3DS - Pokemon Rumble Blast - $11
3DS - Raymon Origins - $9
Wii - Pikmin 2 - $6
360 - NBA Baller Beats - $5

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#1149 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

Refunded you entirely with $1 bills? What did you do to infuriate him so?

Simply returned Ni No Kuni the day after launch. Guy was saying how I was always returning stuff only at his store (Only been to his store TWICE in a year), and how I had to return the Steelbook as well (Which I just told him my store was out of, and he even attempted to call them)

I just looked back at all my purchases, I have had 3 returns since the start of the year, and 2 of them were used games. No idea how the hell 1 return warrants a flag/note on my name
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1150 coolrust

coolrust

Kupalizm Mode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

3ds - 60

#1151 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

Simply returned Ni No Kuni the day after launch. Guy was saying how I was always returning stuff only at his store (Only been to his store TWICE in a year), and how I had to return the Steelbook as well (Which I just told him my store was out of, and he even attempted to call them)

I just looked back at all my purchases, I have had 3 returns since the start of the year, and 2 of them were used games. No idea how the hell 1 return warrants a flag/note on my name

Sounds like the store in my town lol. I try to avoid them but I like to pre-order there to get 30% bonus then cancel, lol.

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#1152 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

My guess, he was upset by all the people selling the preorder bonus on Ebay for $40+

He needs a new job if he's insulted by people getting ripped off; he works for a company that encourages suckering people.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#1153 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

Yeah, the guy acted like I had just spit in his coffee or something. Can't wait to get away from these Gamestop's, last one I went to raffled away my pre-order bonuses at the midnight release then got pissed when I left him a bad review.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1154 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

Yeah, the guy acted like I had just spit in his coffee or something. Can't wait to get away from these Gamestop's, last one I went to raffled away my pre-order bonuses at the midnight release then got pissed when I left him a bad review.

First off, how does he know? You should be piss that he sells games new , but its used. (Please, i dont want to start a long talk about it, just making a statement)

#1155 Quagmilion

Quagmilion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

Here's to hoping these values stick till Thursday so I can unload my haul on Bioshock! I am far too hyped for this game.

#1156 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

Man this reminded me of when a GS employee who was obviously in need of preorders was telling me to just come in a preorder a bunch of games off him, keep the bonuses and just return them later. I even asked him if GS would notice eventually. "No way!" heh.

Also a few days before the PS4 reveal I was trading in some stuff and used the excuse that I was saving the credit for a PS4 to get him to to stop ask me about preordering games.

The guy goes "Yeah, I just got to see the new PS4 yesterday at a special conference for GS employees at the Javitz Center. The system itself looks reaaaallly nice."
Of course internally I doubted this, no way Sony shows the system to random GS employees before even the Press and Investors but I kept it to myself.
I had a nice chuckle when it turned out Sony didn't even show the system itself on the 20th.

evophile.pngevophile.png

#1157 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:06 AM

Gears of War Judgment is 27

#1158 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

why do people hate gamestop so much...bby?? people bitch all the time about them, but without them would we even have cag??? it seems as tho the companies arent bad...its more the douchebag employees...imguess i get sick of the wasted forum space on complaining about thse companies. on the other hand it is entertaining to hear these stories.

#1159 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:03 AM

If GS puts restrictions on anyone, it's usually on a store based level. I got flagged once in a Gamestop some 100 miles away for returning 2 games, telling me that Gamestop has a strict return policy. I never been there before prior to this. I left him a nasty survey.

Seriously, why offer a return policy if you're going to flag everyone who returns games? He must be new on the job or something.

#1160 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:33 AM

any junior detective will get defensive if they catch a whiff of anybody returning games to keep preorder bonuses. it's a practice that's understandable. for some reason some gamers (and cags) think it's not stealing. why they can rationalize that makes no sense lol.

so it's understandable when some employees want to flag you. in your case, the dude just was over the top.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

#1161 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

Yeah...I don't go that overboard lol, but I'll be sure not to return anything at all unless its actually broken until I leave the area. Just makes me laugh that out of all the flipping and stuff I used to do, I get flagged for 1 return. I expected to get banned from Best Buy long before GS would even warn me
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1162 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

Man this reminded me of when a GS employee who was obviously in need of preorders was telling me to just come in a preorder a bunch of games off him, keep the bonuses and just return them later. I even asked him if GS would notice eventually. "No way!" heh.

Also a few days before the PS4 reveal I was trading in some stuff and used the excuse that I was saving the credit for a PS4 to get him to to stop ask me about preordering games.

The guy goes "Yeah, I just got to see the new PS4 yesterday at a special conference for GS employees at the Javitz Center. The system itself looks reaaaallly nice."
Of course internally I doubted this, no way Sony shows the system to random GS employees before even the Press and Investors but I kept it to myself.
I had a nice chuckle when it turned out Sony didn't even show the system itself on the 20th.

There have been Sony exclusive events that were held in each major city for GS employees in spring 2011 and 2012, but it was only for SM's and ASM's. They got free PS3's or Vita's if they didn't already have one.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#1163 Bxnextel

Bxnextel

CAG in Training

• Silenced

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

That was rather extreme XD I was still able to make returns in the same district as the Gamestop I was return banned.

So did they banned ur power up account.

#1164 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

There have been Sony exclusive events that were held in each major city for GS employees in spring 2011 and 2012, but it was only for SM's and ASM's. They got free PS3's or Vita's if they didn't already have one.

Oh yeah, that kind of stuff I am aware of. In this case I just seriously doubted the guy because I don't think a non SM or ASM employee would have got to see it in the circumstances he provided.

Plus he claimed to have seen the actual system. But I guess I cant blame him for that, I totally expected Sony to show us what it looked like.

evophile.pngevophile.png

#1165 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Oh yeah, that kind of stuff I am aware of. In this case I just seriously doubted the guy because I don't think a non SM or ASM employee would have got to see it in the circumstances he provided.

Plus he claimed to have seen the actual system. But I guess I cant blame him for that, I totally expected Sony to show us what it looked like.

Right figured that employee was an idiot but just wanted to say there were events and maybe that idiot got confused by what his bosses said.

#1166 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

3-20

Tomb Raider - $24

PSP
Tekken: Dark Resurection- $2.20

And before somebody complains, I got the Tekken for free and I traded TR disc only keeping my Target Steelbook for an eventual rebuy and with the PUR weekly coupon got $41.99 towards Gears.

#1167 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

These are all phone quotes from today (3/20). I will confirm most later today. No big changes.

Metal Gear Solid 4: $2.50
Saints Row 3: $15
Darksiders II: $14

:360:
Bioshock $6
Orange Box $15
Portal 2 $15
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution $11
X-Com $16
Hitman Trilogy HD $14 (dropped a $1 I think)

I really wish this was Bioshock Infinite release week because I would definitely use a powerup rewards for a 50% bonus towards Infinite but I really do not want Gears of War.

#1168 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Damn....Gamestop is showing they'll give me $415 for my 32gb ipad 4 in like new condition (which its been in an Otterbix since day one)..that AND around $105 more through the 25% bonus...that's $520.

Very tempting considering I only paid $500 for it brand new on craigslist. If only that was $520 cash value :/

I wonder if I could buy a couple games then turn around and resell the leftover, say, $450 gift card for $425 cash or so to someone.

Decisions, decisions...
Posted Image

#1169 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

If you're thinking next-gen that credit should probably just about pay off one of the new consoles as well.

#1170 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

I redeemed the Saints Row 3 online pass and got Saints Row 2 yesterday so it's still working!

wait so you just redeem the online pass and then it automatically downloads Saints Row 2 also? (sorry to be off topic lol)
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.