Photo
- - - - -

Mowing (the Backlog) March

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Poll: What's in your backlog?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What's in your backlog?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

I'm really confused as to what the concept is this month, but I am down and down to be paired up.

I think there is gonna be a vote for a game that everyone (who can) plays the same game at the same time. I think we are also still pairing up too, and picking games for another person.

#32 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

I think there is gonna be a vote for a game that everyone (who can) plays the same game at the same time. I think we are also still pairing up too, and picking games for another person.

Yes that's the plan. If people want something different I can work with you guys!

#33 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

Ok, well I am up for pairing up. I have most of those games and if a game I don't have wins I'll just play the next highest voted game.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#34 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

Once you have paired up, fell free to add your partner/games to the OP.

#35 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

MrshllJcb and I have paired up. I'll be playing:

Metro 2033 (switch with Amnesia if its not picked for community)
Closure
Penny Arcade 1+2 as bonus

MrshllJcb:
Tomb Raider
Condemned (Amnesia if its not picked)
Cave Story
Legend of Grimrock

#36 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

I still need a partner if anyone wants to join up.

Here's my official vote:

Borderlands 2 (aShufflinZombie): 5
Mafia II (aShufflinZombie): 2
Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without A Pulse (Broken Cage): 1
Legend of Grimrock (Broken Cage): 4
Amnesia (slofton): 3
F.E.A.R. (Jugglenaut): 1
Cargo! A Quest for Gravity (Jugglenaut): 1
Batman: Arkham City (Junpei): 1
Mark of the Ninja (Junpei): 2
Darksiders (MrshllJcb): 1
Dead Island (viiral): 1
Bioshock 1/2 (viiral): 2
Hitman: Blood Money (red flar grafe): 1
Metro 2033 (red flar grafe): 1
To the Moon (Dr Sasquatch) 1
Total War: Rome (Dr Sasquatch) 1

I am ashamed to say I own and have backlogged everything listed except the Penny Arcade.

My additions are:

Cryostasis
Necrovision

Some FPS action that lost of people should have from bundles.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#37 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

Unless someone votes last minute, Borderlands 2 has won the position of the community game!

#38 red flare graf

red flare graf

Metalwrath

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

Add me for Borderlands 2. http://steamcommunit...d/redflaregraf/

Would it be better if we assigned people to groups of 4? Or just play with whoever's online? We definitely need to do multiplayer to make the best of the game.. Kind of weird for a backlog, but it's what was picked. And the more, the merrier, because weapon drops with 4 people are pretty boss.

#39 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Would it be better if we assigned people to groups of 4? Or just play with whoever's online? We definitely need to do multiplayer to make the best of the game.. Kind of weird for a backlog, but it's what was picked. And the more, the merrier, because weapon drops with 4 people are pretty boss.

Yeah, I kinda wish it wasnt B2. I have it, and have been putting a bit of time into it here and there coop with my friends but its not something i wanna be trying to push through. Also are you guys starting up new characters to play? I'd much rather play with some people on here than go at it alone, but its a much better experience when everyone is about the same level

#40 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

I added you, just not for Borderlands 2 since I do not own it (still neck-deep into 1st one, with little desire to carry on for now) :)

I guess the second most voted should be fine, then... I'm almost at the end of an hardcore run in Grimrock, but I got lost while exploring 7th level since I did not drew my map correctly, so I'll try to retrace my steps and start again. March will be fun! 8-)
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#41 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

I started playing Grimrock, and its pretty fuckin good. Was about to say I've only played about an hour, but I see it was actually 3 hours. I was kinda dreading it, but it is actually really enjoyable

#42 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Who still needs a partner?

My backlog is here: http://www.backloggery.com/drsasquatch

#43 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

If no one answers, ill pick some games for ya.

#44 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

I'll pair up with you, Sasquatch. How many games do you want me to pick. Three? You already have my backloggery linked in your multitap.

Here's three to start (I'm assuming you're doing Borderlands 2)
Eversion - nice short platformer, but a lot of fun. Took me 3 or 4 hours to 100% it.
Sam & Max 101: Culture Shock - I loved all of the Sam & Max Episodes, and you haven't played any of them. I almost want you to start with season 3, which I thought was the best, but the jokes build from season to season, so you can appreciate them more if you start at the beginning.
Wizorb - just to put something different.

Bonus: Watch Indie Game: The Movie. Then watch it again with Team Meat commentary. It's great.

Because of Borderlands 2's possible inclusion, I tried to keep my choices short, in case you've barely started B2. If you aren't planning to put that one in, I'd suggest Star Wars: Kotor. It's a great RPG, would be a good time sink.

#45 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

Shank 2 is fantastic. What more could you ask for? A 2D platformer with lots of violence.

#46 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

I'll pair up with you, Sasquatch. How many games do you want me to pick. Three? You already have my backloggery linked in your multitap.

Here's three to start (I'm assuming you're doing Borderlands 2)
Eversion - nice short platformer, but a lot of fun. Took me 3 or 4 hours to 100% it.
Sam & Max 101: Culture Shock - I loved all of the Sam & Max Episodes, and you haven't played any of them. I almost want you to start with season 3, which I thought was the best, but the jokes build from season to season, so you can appreciate them more if you start at the beginning.
Wizorb - just to put something different.

Bonus: Watch Indie Game: The Movie. Then watch it again with Team Meat commentary. It's great.

Because of Borderlands 2's possible inclusion, I tried to keep my choices short, in case you've barely started B2. If you aren't planning to put that one in, I'd suggest Star Wars: Kotor. It's a great RPG, would be a good time sink.

Awesome picks! I am going to play Borderlands 2 also, maybe starting a mechromancer or continuing with my gunzerker. And if people are playing through Grimrock, I think I will play that, too. If I finish them all early, I might play KOTOR also, heh.

For your picks:
Mark of the Ninja -- Probably my favorite game of last year.
Cargo! The Quest for Gravity -- I have only played the beginning myself, but it seems totally trippy and cool.
Max Payne -- I played this ages ago on the XBox and totally loved it.

If any of those don't work out, Zeno Clash and/or Waking Mars can stand in.

#47 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

Awesome picks! I am going to play Borderlands 2 also, maybe starting a mechromancer or continuing with my gunzerker. And if people are playing through Grimrock, I think I will play that, too. If I finish them all early, I might play KOTOR also, heh.

For your picks:
Mark of the Ninja -- Probably my favorite game of last year.
Cargo! The Quest for Gravity -- I have only played the beginning myself, but it seems totally trippy and cool.
Max Payne -- I played this ages ago on the XBox and totally loved it.

If any of those don't work out, Zeno Clash and/or Waking Mars can stand in.

Those are some great game picks. I had completely forgotten I owned Max Payne. The others were on my "I'll get to it eventually" list in the back of my head. I'm almost done with Borderlands 2, so I'll add Zeno Clash at the end as a bonus game for if I beat the other 4.

#48 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

We should add the pairing and game selections to the OP like in Feb and maybe take down the list. I dont have time now cause I'm off to work, but if nobody has a chance before i get back I'll try to do it later on today

edit. So I added the two pairings that I know of, which is me and SLofton, and Jugglenaut and Dr Sasquatch. If I got any of the games wrong please change it, and if there other pairings feel free to add your pairing as well. Also is it cool if we take down the vote so we can clear it up a bit?

Edited by MrshllJcb, 02 March 2013 - 06:43 PM.

#49 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

We should add the pairing and game selections to the OP like in Feb and maybe take down the list. I dont have time now cause I'm off to work, but if nobody has a chance before i get back I'll try to do it later on today

edit. So I added the two pairings that I know of, which is me and SLofton, and Jugglenaut and Dr Sasquatch. If I got any of the games wrong please change it, and if there other pairings feel free to add your pairing as well. Also is it cool if we take down the vote so we can clear it up a bit?

Thanks for putting those up. I went ahead and took out the poll, but I am going to put it in spoilers here so people can see it or if someone wants it back to make it easier:

Spoiler

Also, I got 100% on Eversion this morning. That game is totally awesome. At first I was like, this is kinda a nifty platformer and then stuff starts changing and the whole thing gets crazy, and I loved it. The game is fun just to play through, but some of the hidden letters and gems were incredibly tricky to get (in a fun way). I think the only things I looked up were the sixth hidden letter (I grew to hate that level), and the achievement for
Spoiler

edit: Actually, just realized I could spoiler the poll in the first post, so I am going to do that in case people want to see it.

#50 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

Also, I got 100% on Eversion this morning. That game is totally awesome. At first I was like, this is kinda a nifty platformer and then stuff starts changing and the whole thing gets crazy, and I loved it. The game is fun just to play through, but some of the hidden letters and gems were incredibly tricky to get (in a fun way). I think the only things I looked up were the sixth hidden letter (I grew to hate that level), and the achievement for

Spoiler

Glad to hear you liked it. I think I had to look up 3 letters total. It really was a quick, fun little game.

I'm working on Borderlands, and I'm near the end, from what I gleaned off the story. Hoping to finish this up so I can devote time elsewhere on my list.

#51 red flare graf

red flare graf

Metalwrath

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

I played a little Borderlands 2 this weekend. I've already beaten it but I've got a lot of backlogged missions to do. Fooling around in The Dust, I ended up doing the gyro pilot/Top Gun mission.. The shirtless men in aviator shades cracked me up so hard.

Edited by red flare graf, 05 March 2013 - 02:28 AM.

#52 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:13 AM

Looks like we spent more time talking about setting up the month than actually discussing games, but I'm gonna assume that means everyone is just busy mowing down their backlog.

I've been playing Tomb Raider a bit today and I am very very impressed with it. Im a sucker for pretty games with set pieces so its right up my alley.

#53 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

I just decided to attack some games on my own and just post about it here. The first one I beat this month was Bad Rats. I will say it is not as awful a game as some make it out to be. The physics are off at times, but there was only 1 or 2 puzzles where I had a difficult time with them. Overall, not the worst of this style of game I've played and actually too easy for most of the game. Glad to get it out of the back log though since this was one of my first purchases during a steam sale many years ago.

#54 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Finally getting around to play some games. Ugh. March has mowed me down so far lol

#55 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

I got a nice backlog of work that I wanted to get rid of before starting to crunch the other one... in the meantime, I started Batman and it's looking every inch as good as I was expecting.
Oh, and I also managed to complete Sonic the Fighters, but that was completely unintentional and it's not something I'm proud of... :-#
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#56 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

Been making some good progress on Borderlands 2, hopefully I can finish it up with weekend on my own. It's a bummer my co-op group isn't panning out for this, as I can tell I'd have a ton of fun with them, but I'm still having a great time going solo.

#57 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Been waiting for my Cori check to come through for my new job so picking up odd shifts at my old job her and there. This has given me a lot more gaming time and I've probably played for like 20 hours the past 5 days.

Getting close to beating Tomb Raider, and really impressed with it so far. It has a lot in common with Uncharted, but thats just because Uncharted is an evolution of what Tomb Raider started really. Tomb Raider is a lot more violent and dark than Uncharted, and definitely surprised me on that front. I got it just cause it was with Bioshock on one of the amd vouchers and I couldnt be more pleasantly surprised. I knew there was some hype surrounding this game, but I hadnt been sold on it before, but at this point I'd say its a great reboot of the series.

#58 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

Bully's graphics really haven't held up well but at least the gameplay is refreshing.

#59 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Started playing Space Marine. Forgot how much I hate those goodie two shoe Ultramarines. Wolrd Eaters ftw!

#60 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

Been playing a ton of Wizorb. It is fun, but I can't figure out why. Oh well.

Booted up Sam and Max and that is going to be great. The voice acting and presentation is superb so far. I even like the first puzzle.

Also been playing some Borderlands 2. I am starting to remember why I stopped playing it the first time. There is a lot to like here, but the action feels kind of wonky to me, and there is a lot of downtime for a game about getting cool guns and shooting stuff with them. Almost at the end, I think.